mud???

Crimpit

Nov 22, 2001, 4:52:47 PM11/22/01
Hi everyone.

I am investigating the possibility of marketing 'spray on' mud for 4x4
owners who don't like the real thing and never get the chance (or don't
want) to go off road.

Anybody tell me if this is or isn't something that might be of interest to
them? A Reply in this thread would be great.

If it is something that might work please tell me and let me know if there
are any particular properties you might like.

I am aware that real enthusiasts may find this insulting as they get really
muddy anyway. If this is the case, consider it as a possible novelty gift
for a colleague or friend who maybe doesn't get offroad often (or at all).

Let me know please.

Thank you

Mark B

Jerry Bransford

Nov 22, 2001, 5:06:58 PM11/22/01
What's next, a "trail-damage kit" containing spray-on fake rust and a
hammer to put fake trail dents into your favorite 4x4? Maybe a steel
rake to simulate trail scratches in your paint?

I can only hope and assume that for the good of society as a whole that
you're only kidding about the fake mud.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL KC6TAY

Dean Dardwin

Nov 22, 2001, 5:09:54 PM11/22/01
Mark,

I love it! We "real" off-roaders could spray it on unattended yuppie
Tahoes and then watch the owners vapor lock when they return! Send me a
case!

Dean

Bekkila

Nov 22, 2001, 10:31:49 PM11/22/01
how about some clever device to make people who's lives are sad enough that
they would NEED fake mud somehow less intolerable - for the rest of us?

driving around in a muddy trick just to impress people is really quite
desperate.

Willem-Jan Markerink

Nov 22, 2001, 5:54:05 PM11/22/01
In article <3BFD7347...@home.com>,

Jerry Bransford <jer...@home.com> wrote:
>What's next, a "trail-damage kit" containing spray-on fake rust

Rust-alike paint already exists....:))

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

The desire to understand
is sometimes far less intelligent than
the inability to understand

<w.j.ma...@a1.nl>
[note: 'a-one' & 'en-el'!]

DEL-uk

Nov 22, 2001, 6:03:56 PM11/22/01

A capital idea I suggested this to a workmate who bought a white Vitara
in order to give it a little street cred as it happened he never needed it
as
I gave it a liberal coating the next time we went clay shooting by
judicisous
use of the E-low gear and throttle on my little Toyota . I reckon if you
have a white un you should be a copper
Derek

GrandNagus

Nov 22, 2001, 7:13:04 PM11/22/01
If U do, can I sell U the mud can I collect on the underside of my S3 at
weekends, to bottle and sell as authentic spray on 4x4 mud?

Chris Phillipo

Nov 22, 2001, 7:45:20 PM11/22/01

If you can peel it off n one sheet and store it in it's only imitation
leather case, I'll buy one.
--
_______________________________
Remove "X" from email to reply.

geardoc

Nov 22, 2001, 9:44:40 PM11/22/01
stay away from the crack pipe!
"Chris Phillipo" <Xcphi...@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Erik Litchy

Nov 22, 2001, 10:08:23 PM11/22/01
Yeah goes well with street locks!

Rainbow Warrior

Nov 22, 2001, 5:15:44 PM11/22/01
Maybe mix in a bit of freshcut forest foliage & tree bark with the
occasional splatter of wildlife blood, some spray on gear oil for the
diffhousings perhaps. What about spray on dents and blackberry scratches?
Wash off Camo/Zebra paint? A CD for the doofdoof stereo of dry leafsprings,
mud tyres howling and a broken CV clacking.

Pat
Brisbane, Australia

98 Econovan, 89 Patrol Twincab Conversion
http://www.powerup.com.au/~mangey/
Member of TEAM SH*TTER offroad racing
Sponsored by Clown Concept Engineering

Been There, Broke That

Crimpit <cri...@lineone.net> wrote in message

Invisible

Nov 22, 2001, 11:43:03 PM11/22/01
don't forget the bear, rabbit, and snake sh*t!

"Rainbow Warrior" <spamfre...@powerup.com.au> wrote in message

Matt Horn

Nov 23, 2001, 5:40:58 AM11/23/01
"Crimpit" <cri...@lineone.net> wrote in message
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am investigating the possibility of marketing 'spray on' mud for 4x4
> owners who don't like the real thing and never get the chance (or don't
> want) to go off road.

not just 4x4's every boy racer will buy a can to cover up his or her
numberplate.. you would be surprised the number of boy racer (ford 1.3
escorts) with full body kits alloy wheels, that have been meticulously
polished, yet some how the number plate (license plate) is totally obscured
with dirt!!

--
Matt

(Pete Cresswell)

Nov 23, 2001, 7:44:28 PM11/23/01
RE/

>I am investigating the possibility of marketing 'spray on' mud for 4x4
>owners who don't like the real thing and never get the chance (or don't
>want) to go off road.

How about some artifical dents and rust?

And maybe a simulated body lean to one side?

Excellant for urban driving...the beemers and Jags would scatter like
chickens in the barnyard when the turn signal came on...
-----------------------
Pete Cresswell

Jeff

Nov 23, 2001, 10:06:59 PM11/23/01

How about pre rusted, and dented body panels.
Just pull your front fender and bolt on an already rusted fender, with
a little bondo on it perhaps.
You could even sell broken windshields and tail light lenses.
I cant believe someone hasn't thought of this before
Jeff
2000 TJ
1995 XJ

robert b.

Nov 24, 2001, 12:25:51 PM11/24/01

"Crimpit" <cri...@lineone.net> wrote in message
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am investigating the possibility of marketing 'spray on' mud for 4x4
> owners who don't like the real thing and never get the chance (or don't
> want) to go off road.
>
> Anybody tell me if this is or isn't something that might be of interest to
> them? A Reply in this thread would be great.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A riced out 4x4

Peter D. Hipson

Nov 24, 2001, 6:19:30 PM11/24/01
ROFL... and I had to rush home and wash it off the Hummer before my
wife saw it and had a fit.

One lesson learned this weekend.... Don't stand behind a man who has a
shovel and mud at his disposal. <g>

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 09:25:51 -0800, "robert b." <bob...@cet.com>
wrote:

Peter D. Hipson
(ClubWin/ClubIE)
All email replies to phi...@acm.org

as email sent to ma...@darkstar.mv.com will
checked monthly.

vince

Nov 25, 2001, 8:58:21 AM11/25/01
Bloody brilliant idea - there would me a huge market for it and also one you
haven't even thought about.

Mud wrestlers!

All those lovely girls smearing themselves all over with mud - wow!

I will be a perfect gentleman and do the spraying for them.

I want 2 dozen cases please - NOW!

Paul Betts

Nov 25, 2001, 10:06:41 AM11/25/01
According to an Australian I met they already manufacture and market this
product in Australia !

vince

Nov 25, 2001, 1:40:27 PM11/25/01

"Paul Betts" <paul_...@DELETEMEhotmail.com> wrote in message

> According to an Australian I met they already manufacture and market this
> product in Australia !

Well they would wouldn't they!

Rainbow Warrior

Nov 25, 2001, 4:11:57 PM11/25/01
Paul Betts <paul_...@DELETEMEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> According to an Australian I met they already manufacture and market this
> product in Australia !

Nope, somebody might have been feeding you crap, never seen any such
product, got shit loads of the real stuff all over the country except in the
dry bits in the middle,