Leaking Oil Cooler Lines on Chevy and GMC Trucks

Michael Miller

Feb 20, 2022, 1:27:00 PM2/20/22
It is a very common problem with Chevy and GMC Trucks and SUV's for oil cooler lines or hoses to leak which can also be costly to fix replacing the lines or hoses A C Delco lines or hose priced between $100 to $188 depending on your local parts store. Then yes there are aftermarket hoses and lines such as Dorman with a price range of $50 to $80 depending on your local parts store. After purchasing parts then unless you are a DIY type of person there is labor cost to remove the leaking lines or hoses and to install the new parts.
On the internet you can find plenty DIY videos on you tube as well as comments about how Dorman aftermarket lines or hoses leak. There is an adapter that you can buy that will allow you to delete or remove the oil cooler lines or hoses and to use a standard oil filter. General Motors discontinued the part several years ago.It was a dealer only part that cost around $150 to $200 and auto part store act like they don't know what you are looking for or either sale you the wrong part. Remember their job is to sale auto parts .You cannot find DIY videos on the internet showing how to remove and delete the oil cooler lines or hoses neither the after market part needed for such a repair a permanent fix Is this just a ploy to keep you every so often buying oil cooler lines or hoses? I believe that it is. It was a friend of mine who has been a mechanic for more years then I am old he proved to me that not only was several parts store was wrong in the information they had given me about a transmission from a 1998 would not fit my truck which is a 1996 well it did and I drive my truck daily. It was also the same friend that showed me the part and permanently removed and deleted the oil cooler leaking hose or line problem. My friend Rick showed me how he deleted and removed the oil cooler hoses or lines from his truck and Blazer several years ago which he still drives.
I wonder why you can't find this information or any DIY videos on the internet and why every part store and junk yard act like they didn't know what the oil filter adapter part I was looking for but my friend Rick knew what I needed and had it on a motor that he had at his repair shop for several years. Rick built his first transmission when he was 15 the man is now in his late 60's early 70's.
I wish that part store employees and used parts dealers had the knowledge that Rick has and that this kind of information could be found on you tube and the internet.