Tire Size Confusion/Question

1 view

brad

Jul 20, 2004, 12:32:43 PM7/20/04
Hello-

I am seeking replacement tires for my 2002 Audi A4 1.8, with Quattro
AWD.

The sidewalls of the tires on the car now (Pirelli P6's) say:
215/65R16.

I would like to replace them with Falken ZE512 tires. However, I have
not been able to find the exact size replacement for my current tires
anywhere. I HAVE found them in 215/60HR16.

The interesting thing is that when you input my car into most
tire-seller sites, it doesn't even list the size of my present tires
as an option.

As I understand it, the "65" is the aspect ratio, so that the "60"
tire will have a "shorter" height than my present tire. Will that
cause any problems? Will my speedometer and odometer be inaccurate?

Thanks for your help-
Brad

Rex B

Jul 20, 2004, 3:19:07 PM7/20/04

What is important is the overall diameter of the OE and he replacement tires. I
bet your OE tires have worn to approximately the diamet of that 60-series
replacement. And there is enough variation in tire sizes that when the
difference is that colse (60 vs 65) it's worth checking actual dimensions of
different brands.

Texas Parts Guy

Daniel J. Stern

Jul 20, 2004, 3:33:46 PM7/20/04

http://tinyurl.com/7xxg9

> The interesting thing is that when you input my car into most
> tire-seller sites, it doesn't even list the size of my present tires as
> an option.

Check the tire size-and-pressure placard located in one of your car's door
jam areas.

Message has been deleted