Message To America's Students: The War, The Draft, Your Future

la...@vote.nader

Apr 11, 2004, 6:12:00 PM4/11/04
We have been down this road before.

U.S. troops sent to war half a world away. American foreign policy
controlled by an arrogant elite, bent on projecting military power
around the globe. A public misled into supporting an unconstitutional
war founded on deceit and fabrications.

As the death toll mounts, we hear claims that the war is nearly won,
that victory is just around the corner. But victory never arrives.

As the public loses confidence in the government, the government
questions the patriotism of any who express doubt about the war.

When a presidential election arrives, both the Democrat and Republican
nominees embrace the policy of continued war.

The military draft comes to dominate the lives of America's young, and
vast numbers who believe the war to be a senseless blunder are faced
with fighting a war they do not believe in, or facing exile or prison.

The year was 1968. Because voters had no choice that November, the
Vietnam War continued for another six years. Hundreds of thousands of
Americans like you died, were maimed, or suffered from diseases like
malaria. A far greater number of Vietnamese died.

Today, the war is in the quicksands and alleys of Iraq. Once again,
under the pressure of a determined resistance, we see an American war
policy being slowly torn apart at the seams, while the candidates urge
us to "stay the course" in this tragic misadventure. Today's
Presidential candidates are not Nixon and Humphrey, they are now Bush
and Kerry.

Once again, there is one overriding truth: If war is the only choice in
this election, then war we will have.

Today enlistments in the Reserves and National Guard are declining. The
Pentagon is quietly recruiting new members to fill local draft boards,
as the machinery for drafting a new generation of young Americans is
being quietly put into place.

Young Americans need to know that a train is coming, and it could run
over their generation in the same way that the Vietnam War devastated
the lives of those who came of age in the sixties.

I am running for President, and have been against this war from the
beginning. We must not waste lives in order to control and waste more
oil. Stand with us and we may yet salvage your future and Americas'
future from this looming disaster.

Sincerely,
Ralph Nader

HTTP://WWW.VOTENADER.ORG

--
major "peace"
organizers and coalitions in the United States. Not In Our Name has spared

However, Not In Our Name is deeper than the latest academic babblers and
limosuine liberals. NION professes peace, yet it is involved - directly as
well as indirectly - with terrorist organizations and anti-American
propaganda campaigns headed by fanatical Communist and Muslim groups. NION
has cemented alliances with bona fide radical organizations like the
Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization, Women's International
League for Peace and Freedom and the Revolutionary Communist Party.

Not In Our Name: What is IFCO?

Not In Our Name (NION) requests donations on its website, yet on this site
donors are asked to make checks payable to NION/IFCO. IFCO is the acronym
for the Interreligious Foundation for Community Organization. NION states
that the " Interreligous Foundation for Community Organization (IFCO). is
our fiscal sponsor." Fiscal sponsorship by IFCO means Not In Our Name
receives donations that are tax deductible because of IFCO's 501c(3)
(charitable, federal tax-exempt) status. IFCO charges a fee for this
service.

Why is NION not a 501c(3)?

Donations to NION/IFCO are then mailed to the Women's International League
for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), which is located at 339 Lafayette Street in
New York City. The address is the same as NION's. The intimate nature of a
financial partnership shows how closely aligned these two org

misterfact

Apr 12, 2004, 11:32:59 AM4/12/04
la...@Vote.Nader wrote in message news:<7fdac930...@host-69-48-73-244.roc.choiceone.net>...

Iraq=Vietnam: fighting other peoples' battles; dis-arming innocent
civilians so they can't defend themselves; yelling 4-letter words at
little kids; Uncle Sam making an ass of himself. Canada is starting
to look pretty good again!

Tom Betz

Apr 12, 2004, 1:48:36 PM4/12/04
Quoth la...@Vote.Nader in news:7fdac930.95553e52@host-69-48-73-
244.roc.choiceone.net:

> We have been down this road before.

This spam is a joe-job from a trojanned Windows PC already in SPEWS as a spam
source, and clearly not under the control of its owner.

It's part of a long-running campaign against the Nader organization, and has
nothing to do with the Nader organization.

Nothing to see here; move along.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

misterfact

Apr 14, 2004, 2:10:57 PM4/14/04
Tom Betz <spamme...@pobox.com> wrote in message news:<Xns94C98C7BA37E1g...@166.84.1.69>...

> Quoth la...@Vote.Nader in news:7fdac930.95553e52@host-69-48-73-
> 244.roc.choiceone.net:

> > We have been down this road before.
>
> This spam is a joe-job from a trojanned Windows PC already in SPEWS as a spam
> source, and clearly not under the control of its owner.
>
> It's part of a long-running campaign against the Nader organization, and has
> nothing to do with the Nader organization.
>
> Nothing to see here; move along.

Message to G.I.s in Iraq
Hi;
Tell me. Are there any freedom- loving Iraqis there that YOU can
really call, "your friends"? If so- why aren't you arming them and
letting them fight for their own freedom??!
Instead of arming them, is it really FUN going around and dis-arming
innocent Iraqi civilians so they can't protect themselves from
terrorists and from YOU ???
Is it really fun fighting other people's battles FOR THEM. (Just
like, maybe, your dad did in Vietnam?!)
If you have kids, or if not-if you should have one and he or she
should get into a fight at school: instead of teaching your kid to
fight his own battles are you going to do the same thing you are doing
in Iraq and go to the school and fight your kid's battle for him by
beating up the other student? If so- wait and see how much respect
your kid gives you. Maybe you'll understand why many Iraqis are
showing little respect for you right now.
Is it fun yelling four-letter words at little Iraqi kids (maybe, like
your dad did to kids in Nam?)
Why don't you consider dropping out of the CAPTAIN AMERICA rat race
and now that you're home- before you go back to Iraq-do what I did in
'68:

HEAD FOR CANADA !

By the way. While you are risking your life over there and mistakenly
shooting kids who get in the way- remember:

Your parents and friends are over here having a great time-probably
buying gasoline at an EXXON/MOBIL, SHELL, or MARATHON gas station
(refined from Saudi oil). Your parents' and friends' money are going
into the hands of the Saudi Royal Family so they can maintain their
privileged status by keeping their stranglehold on an oil-based,
undiversified economy-thus economically RAPING their people-keeping
the people in poverty and/or in a state of dependency on Royal Family
handouts.

NOW YOU PROBABLY UNDERSTAND ONE REASON WHY THOSE PEOPLE ARE FED UP
AND TRYING TO KILL YOU AND ME!

p.s.- of course, your stinking Commander-In-Chief and all the idiots
in Congress could end all imports of blood oil from the Saudi Royal
Family today! To do that, they would have to order Detroit to start
making fuel efficient cars, alternate energy cars, and give us low or
no-interest loans and other incentives to buy one-but they don't have
the balls to do that. It's a lot easier to get your bod over there in
Iraq and risk your life to maintain the flow of blood oil to all the
gas guzzling idiots in the U.S. (BTW- I ride a bicycle)

miste...@yahoo.com

Fighting for freedom in Iraq while your friends buy gasoline from
tyrants! Make any sense to you?
All these addresses are still valid, they took the CPA page that had
these addresses down but all these addresses are still valid. Here is
the site for more addresses, look for more addresses and let them know
what you think about what is being done in Iraq

wol...@orha.centcom.mil
herro....@us.army.mil
timsta...@yahoo.com
eda...@yahoo.com
charlie...@us.army.mil
Hilary...@CPA-IQ.org
gfa...@hotmail.com
rollin...@yahoo.com
merrymi...@yahoo.com
media_i...@hotmail.com
auc...@yahoo.com
dominic...@CPA-IQ.org
Paola.d...@CPA-IQ.org
jason...@CPA-IQ.org
angel...@yahoo.com, kyle
a...@excite.com
Hblo...@lgp-iraq.org
cavn...@orha.centcom.mil
be...@orha.centcom.mil
Macdoug...@orha.centcom.mil
clem...@orha.centcom.mil
burt...@orha.centcom.mil
whitfo...@orha.centcom.mil

http://www.cpa-iraq.org

The Wall Street Journal is also very much responsible for fanning hate
with articles like the following from Peggy Noonan which should really
have appeared in GOEBBELS' VOELKISCHER BEOBACHTER.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/

Blah blah

Apr 14, 2004, 3:41:16 PM4/14/04
In article <6b107ee9.04041...@posting.google.com>,
miste...@yahoo.com says...

> Tom Betz <spamme...@pobox.com> wrote in message news:<Xns94C98C7BA37E1g...@166.84.1.69>...
> > Quoth la...@Vote.Nader in news:7fdac930.95553e52@host-69-48-73-
> > 244.roc.choiceone.net:

---crap snipped---

> Message to G.I.s in Iraq
> Hi;

---more crap snipped---

Blah blah blah, blah blah be blah. Blah blah blah... Be blah blah, blah
bebe blah. Bah blah be be blah, cross cross, post post, annoy annoy!
Blah blah, my view is the only view blah, MY OPINION is FACT BLAH, blah
bah bahg blah.

None of this personal political sh*t has anything to do with autos or
any of the following groups it was posted in. Ignore the stupid trolls
you frigg'n newbies!