Re: Using a Y-cable stereo 1.8" (3.5 mm) cables result imbalanced volumes on 2.1 speakers.

Ant

Sep 13, 2014, 1:14:17 PM9/13/14
A new test just now. I tried using the Y-Splitter cable to two iPod
devices (iPod nano 6G and same old iPod Touch 1G). No problems. WTFrak?
It seems to specific to audio devices? :O

On 9/13/2014 1:48 AM PT, Ant typed:

> Hello.
>
> I recently bought a shielded 6" (15.2 cm) multimedia Y-cable with dual
> 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo male to 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo female [42-2496]. It
> was from a local RadioShack store
> (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102969 for its
> web site URL -- black color for mine).
>
> Basically, I am connecting and sharing my 2.1" analog old speakers to
> this new Y-cable audio adapter to my HDTV and PC's audio jacks (the same
> type used for headphones and regular old analog speakers).
>
> It seems like if HDTV is powered on, then only one speaker is louder
> than the other. If I disconnect/unplug audio cable for or turn off
> HDTV/PC, then my speakers have even audio in both speakers. I tried
> disconnecting HDTV's audio cable to an old iPod Touch 1G, and my PC had
> no audio at all.
>
> Is there a rule that I cannot have both connected devices to play on my
> audio speakers? Or should this work? Or did I buy the wrong cable
> splitter? :(
>
> Thank you in advance. :)
"Ants can lift up to 50 times their own weight. And your monitor is
missing. Time to bring out the bugspray." --BBspot's Geek Horoscopes
(2/28/2003)
| |o o| |