Fisher 200A Monoblocks

Mark

Aug 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/15/99
Has anyone heard these amps? How do they compare to other tube
amplifiers such as a Marantz 8B, a Harmon Kardon Citation II, or a Eico
HF-xx.

These 200A monoblocks seem to be special as they weigh about 65lbs each.
I havent found ONE posting about this amp in deja. No results on any
search engine.
Has anyone heard this amp? Is this considered a classic? Are they rare
or common like Dynaco st-70's?

Whats a good price for a pair in good working order?

-Mark

hitu...@my-deja.com

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
If these are the ones that I am thinking of,I have seen 2 of them.The
one at the antique electronic market wanted eitheir $225 or $325 for
the single that he had.The next tome I was poking around Dennis Boyles
place is whwere I saw the other one at,and he told me that they were
great amps but were notorious for having transformer problems.Now this
might not even be the same model as what you were looking at,but the
chassis was aboutthe size of a phone book and at least half of that
space was taken uo by these huge black potted transformers.Have you
checked out the Fisher Doc's site on xoom? He might have a picture
up,or you can email him at fish...@aol.com I sure don't want you to
get the wrong info from me and loose a great deal.I went and looked at
his site and there is a picture of o pair there.I don't think that they
are the same ones that I saw bcause the trannies were chocolate and not
black. here is the URL
<http://members.xoom.com/thefishers/index.html> >
David Thatcher >

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

rl1...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99

Check E-bay. I believe there are a pair up for action currently; or
auction has just completed.

The amp(s) are very rare. Reputed to sound wonderfull but how they
compare with other high dollar amps, I have no idea.

fish...@aol.com would be best source of information.

Thanks,

Ross Lipman

rl1...@ix.netcom.com

In article <7p8or1$r44$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Mark

Aug 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/16/99
David,
I went to the fisher page and was comparing them to the ones that are
being sold and they look exactly the same. The asking price for the
200A's are normally around $900+ a pair. They are probably not the ones
you saw at a shop for around $300 each.

I e-mailed the fisher doc with some questions on their value etc and got
no reply yet. It was only yesturday since i e-mailed him though. Will
probably get a e-mail today or tomarrow.

David, do you remember the fishers you saw at the shop weighing at about
65lbs each?

Thanks,
-Mark

MYanchick

Aug 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/17/99
Mark,
I take it you're considering the Fisher as a cost effective alternative to
the Mac Marantz or Quads. If this is the case I might offer a suggestion , of
course it's only my opinion. I have had the Fisher 55A ,the 50AZ, the 80AZ's,
and the 70AZ's. They were all nicely made and unique tube amps but I would not
recomend them to someone looking for a tube amp for the sound. The Fisher stuff
might use good transformers etc. but they totally lack the completeness of
design that a Mac or Marantz or even a Dyna ST70 has. I thought they were
really grainy and colored sounding and I don't believe any of them meet there
specifications by a long shot.

I would sooner recomend the Eico amps to you. The HF89 is superb, it gives
the 8B and 240 a run for their money. The HF89 is a 50 wpc stereo amp using pp
EL34's and they can be found for $4-500. I also had the 87 and HF60's and they
should be another good candidate. Other Eicos that I never had but would assume
are good : the HF22,35,50. I never listened to the HF60's as I sold them to a
friend , but I've heard a few say they like them better than an 8B. The Eico
stuff used excellent output transformers and circuits. The build quality isn't
world class though.
Again this is only my opinion and I'm not trying to bash Fisher gear or
anything. Mike

hitu...@my-deja.com

Aug 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/17/99
Mark,
I did not pick up the one that I saw at the flea market,and I remember
tellind Dennis that I had seen one and pointed u=out the same amp on
his shelf. I did not pick it up either. I do remember that the
transformers were black,very large and that the tube arrangement was a
bit different from what I was used to seeing. Dennis told me that the
amps were rare,very good and that they often had problems with the
transformers.I told him how much the one that I had scene was going for
and he told me that if the transformers were good that it was a great
buy. That is all that I can tell you. Al is bad about getting to his
email so you might want to see if you can get a phone number.Wait I
have it here..Al Pugliese (718)948-7489 .........good luck!

reedp...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2018, 11:59:36 AM12/18/18
Hello all I have one available looks to be in good shape please contact me by text if you have interest 626 4847992 Reed thanks

Peter Wieck

Dec 18, 2018, 2:22:54 PM12/18/18
On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 11:59:36 AM UTC-5, reedp...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all I have one available looks to be in good shape please contact me by text if you have interest 626 4847992 Reed thanks

This was over seventeen (17) years ago.

tschw...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2018, 6:59:56 PM12/18/18
It should be warmed up by now.

reedp...@gmail.com

May 29, 2020, 4:44:18 PM5/29/20
I still have it looking for mate any one ?