What are the dancers wearing on their shoes?

brass...@yahoo.com

Oct 12, 2021, 9:21:22 PM10/12/21
Prince stage show from 2011 - the two dancers that come up from below the stage with Prince - any idea what the round objects strapped to either side of the rear of their shoes are? Looks like some kind of gear but I'm not familiar with it. Nobody else is wearing them as far as I can see.

Visible from around 7 secs in and various points throughout the video. Really good look at them around :50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNrAFb3I2js

palli...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2021, 9:27:35 PM10/12/21
brass...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Prince stage show from 2011 - the two dancers that come up from below the stage with Prince - any idea what the round objects strapped to either side of the rear of their shoes are? Looks like some kind of gear but I'm not familiar with it. Nobody else is wearing them as far as I can see.
>
> Visible from around 7 secs in and various points throughout the video. Really good look at them around :50
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNrAFb3I2js

** Looks like a pair of wheels connected by an axle.

..... Phil

geoff

Oct 12, 2021, 11:54:51 PM10/12/21
Weally ? So it seems.

Didn't appear to roll on them on that song though.

geoff

Chris K-Man

Oct 13, 2021, 5:57:16 AM10/13/21
________

Ear muffs, so their feet wouldn't go deaf? Strangest looking
things I ever saw!

James Price

Oct 17, 2021, 11:56:42 PM10/17/21

Miroslav Marcetic

Oct 19, 2021, 9:52:59 AM10/19/21

palli...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2021, 5:32:30 PM10/19/21
Miroslav Marcetic wrote:
---------------------------------
** Huh ??????

Who ? Where?

Reinhard Zwirner

Oct 20, 2021, 12:43:47 PM10/20/21
palli...@gmail.com schrieb:
E. g. here:

<https://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/12b4-12e-d5a0.jpg>

Watch from minute 2:00.

HTH

Reinhard

palli...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 4:41:26 PM10/20/21
Reinhard Zwirner wrote:
------------------------------------

> >> On Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGV2uN2s2uk&ab_channel=princevevo in 4:07 see rolling
>
> > ** Huh ??????
>
> > Who ? Where?
> E. g. here:
>
> <https://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/12b4-12e-d5a0.jpg>
>
> Watch from minute 2:00.

** OK
at 2:18 a young lady ( hearing headphones) appears moving from left to right across the stage, rolling on her heels.

But the fact is not visible in your stop frame.

( how did he do that? )

..... Phil

Reinhard Zwirner

Oct 20, 2021, 6:40:08 PM10/20/21
palli...@gmail.com schrieb:
I have enlarged a section, brightened it and sharpened it a bit:

<https://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/12b4-12f-8dff.jpg>

IMHO these are the things in question.

Ciao

Reinhard

palli...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 9:20:07 PM10/20/21
Reinhard Zwirner wrote:

====================

> I have enlarged a section, brightened it and sharpened it a bit:
>
> <https://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/12b4-12f-8dff.jpg>
>
> IMHO these are the things in question.

Reinhard Zwirner

Oct 21, 2021, 5:50:19 AM10/21/21
palli...@gmail.com schrieb:
Looks like the questioned things attached to the woman's shoes in
second 53 of the video linked by the OP.

Greetings

Reinhard

geoff

Oct 21, 2021, 6:32:27 PM10/21/21
Shouldn't this thread be in rec.shoe-wheels.pro or
rec.silly-stage-outfits.pro ?

geoff

Reinhard Zwirner

Oct 22, 2021, 2:17:34 AM10/22/21
geoff schrieb:
I think that this isn't necessary any more now that the OP's question
has been answered. But no one is preventing you from proposing the
creation of a new newsgroup ;-) ...

Good luck!

Reinhard

Tobiah

Oct 22, 2021, 2:52:30 PM10/22/21
> Shouldn't this thread be in rec.shoe-wheels.pro  or rec.silly-stage-outfits.pro ?

Shhh.... at least there is *something* being discussed. ;)

geoff

Oct 22, 2021, 7:31:51 PM10/22/21
I tried that, (rec.audio.pcdaw), but it appears an almost insurmountable
effort to get a new newsgroup created, apart from the plethora of
totally vapid ones it seems.

geoff

John Hardy

Oct 22, 2021, 8:23:23 PM10/22/21

palli...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2021, 8:35:03 PM10/22/21
John Hardy wrote:
===============

> Heel wheels:
============

** One really annoying thing about Google searches is you must have the name of something correct or you will not likely get any hits. Even one character off in spelling will often stop you succeeding.

...... Phil

Phil W

Oct 22, 2021, 9:17:14 PM10/22/21

John Hardy:
There are also shoes with a built-in wheel (as "part of the sole", so
it´s *not* visible from above), as well.
example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heelys
So, it might be possible, that the dancers had such shoes AND those
"shoe speakers" on top of them (mainly for the look in this case)...

geoff

Oct 22, 2021, 11:31:46 PM10/22/21
Helen Wheels

geoff