Recording In Progress

James Price

Mar 3, 2021, 1:17:47 PM3/3/21
Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime. A lot of it looks at how recording studios are surviving in the era of home studios.

Don Pearce

Mar 3, 2021, 1:37:15 PM3/3/21
On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price
<co...@suddenlink.net> wrote:

>Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime. A lot of it looks at how recording studios are surviving in the era of home studios.

are you sure of the title? I can't find it

John Williamson

Mar 3, 2021, 1:41:48 PM3/3/21
On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price
> <co...@suddenlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime. A lot of it looks at how recording studios are surviving in the era of home studios.
>
> are you sure of the title? I can't find it

https://www.amazon.com/Recording-Progress-Steve-Lillywhite/dp/B08935T48W

Works in the UK.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

James Price

Mar 3, 2021, 2:34:36 PM3/3/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 12:37:15 PM UTC-6, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:17:45 -0800 (PST), James Price
> <co**@suddenlink.net> wrote:
>
> >Anybody check out this documentary on Amazon? It's free with Prime.
> >A lot of it looks at how recording studios are surviving in the era of home
> >studios.
> >
> >are you sure of the title? I can't find it

John's link should take you there.

Don Pearce

Mar 3, 2021, 3:10:49 PM3/3/21
I get a warning about availability outside the USA. And it isn't free
- minimum rental is $4.99, purchase $12.99

John Williamson

Mar 3, 2021, 4:11:31 PM3/3/21
On 03/03/2021 20:10, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 18:41:39 +0000, John Williamson
> <johnwil...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:

>>> are you sure of the title? I can't find it
>>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Recording-Progress-Steve-Lillywhite/dp/B08935T48W
>>
>> Works in the UK.
>
> I get a warning about availability outside the USA. And it isn't free
> - minimum rental is $4.99, purchase $12.99

I know it's not free, but I managed to view the trailer with no problems
or warnings popping up. However, I am not a Prime subscriber.

Neil

Mar 3, 2021, 4:24:40 PM3/3/21
On 3/3/2021 3:10 PM, Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 18:41:39 +0000, John Williamson
> <johnwil...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:

>>> are you sure of the title? I can't find it
>>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Recording-Progress-Steve-Lillywhite/dp/B08935T48W
>>
>> Works in the UK.
>
> I get a warning about availability outside the USA. And it isn't free
> - minimum rental is $4.99, purchase $12.99

The link worked for me. It's free to view if you're a Prime member,
otherwise with rental and purchase options.

--
best regards,

Neil

Mike Rivers

Mar 3, 2021, 5:20:36 PM3/3/21
On 3/3/2021 2:34 PM, James Price wrote:

> John's link should take you there.

It does, but as several people have said, it's only free for Amazon
Prime members (and it offers you a free 30 day Prime subscription).

Maybe someone who has watched and absorbed the program could summarize
it here, and then we'd have something to talk about.

What are the major points?
What are the pros and cons?
Why should we believe that whoever created the program know what he's
talking about?

James Price

Mar 3, 2021, 5:27:30 PM3/3/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 4:20:36 PM UTC-6, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 3/3/2021 2:34 PM, James Price wrote:
>
> > John's link should take you there.
> It does, but as several people have said, it's only free for Amazon
> Prime members (and it offers you a free 30 day Prime subscription).

I noted that it's free with Prime in my initial post.

geoff

Mar 3, 2021, 11:09:50 PM3/3/21
On 4/03/2021 11:20 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 3/3/2021 2:34 PM, James Price wrote:
>
>> John's link should take you there.
>
> It does, but as several people have said, it's only free for Amazon
> Prime members (and it offers you a free 30 day Prime subscription).
>
> Maybe someone who has watched and absorbed the program could summarize
> it here, and then we'd have something to talk about.
>
> What are the major points?
> What are the pros and cons?
> Why should we believe that whoever created the program know what he's
> talking about?

Take a look at the (free) trailer and decide from there.

geoff

geoff

Mar 3, 2021, 11:11:43 PM3/3/21
I'm not an Amazon Prime subscriber either, not in USA, and the trailer
played just as you'd expect.

geoff

Don Pearce

Mar 4, 2021, 4:04:45 AM3/4/21
On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 17:11:34 +1300, geoff <ge...@nospamgeoffwood.org>
wrote:
Yes, the trailer works for me too. I suspect trailers are always
unlimited.

Tobiah

Mar 10, 2021, 7:34:49 PM3/10/21
> What are the major points?
> What are the pros and cons?
> Why should we believe that whoever created the program know what he's talking about?

I scanned the piece here and there over the course of 10 or 15 minutes.
It's strung together footage of high profile performers and engineers
sharing their thoughts, feelings and anecdotes about their experiences
in the studio. It made me wish I had followed my passions more faithfully
in my youth.

Les Cargill

Mar 18, 2021, 9:38:33 PM3/18/21
Don Pearce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 18:41:39 +0000, John Williamson
> <johnwil...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/03/2021 18:37, Don Pearce wrote:

>>> are you sure of the title? I can't find it
>>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Recording-Progress-Steve-Lillywhite/dp/B08935T48W
>>
>> Works in the UK.
>
> I get a warning about availability outside the USA. And it isn't free
> - minimum rental is $4.99, purchase $12.99

When I saw it it was free with Prime. They change which are and which
are not some times.

--
Les Cargill

Les Cargill