AKG C451EB

geoff

Jun 20, 2022, 10:28:37 PM6/20/22
Have worked on a C451B before, but subtly different to the EB in how to
get inside.

Scratchy ground problem fixed with cleaning/treating
capule/grille/screen , but roll-off switch is still very crackly.

OK ... to open remove the spring-clip-ring at the XLR end, but then what ?

Doesn't seem to want to come out toward the capsule end, and the capsule
mount with the 3 screws appears too big for it to go down inside the body.

Any tips appreciated.

geoff

palli...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2022, 3:15:03 AM6/21/22
geoff wrote:
--------------------

> OK ... to open remove the spring-clip-ring at the XLR end, but then what ?
>
> Doesn't seem to want to come out toward the capsule end, and the capsule
> mount with the 3 screws appears too big for it to go down inside the body.

** Huh ????? The capsule simply *screws* off.

The threes tiny screws hold the cover/ ES shield on.
Put it back, the screws turn clockwise to lock it on.

...... Phil

geoff

Jun 21, 2022, 6:13:25 AM6/21/22
What I assumed - similarly to the other versions. Thought it may have
been different.

But this one doesn't budge - maybe somebody has Loctited this one on.
Probably why the ground connection is dodgy.

geoff