Fox News Beats ABC/CBS & NBC

WillStG

Sep 3, 2004, 4:09:23 PM9/3/04
As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week during
the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC
or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships
*combined*. 8 years ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart cable News
outfit. They are not laughing anymore. And even by combining their ratings
for MSNBC and the Parent NBC network, NBC was beaten by Foxc News Channel.

As a side note, MSNBC did beat CNN.

"Fox News beats all rivals at GOP ratings"

By CAROLINE WILBERT
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 09/03/04

Fox News was the winner in the TV ratings battle during the Republican National
Convention.

On Wednesday, for the second straight night, Fox beat out not only its cable
rivals but also broadcast networks.

In the 10 p.m. hour Wednesday, when all the networks were airing convention
coverage, Fox averaged a whopping 5.9 million viewers. NBC had 4.5 million, ABC
claimed 3.3 million and CBS got 2.6 million.

In another upset, MSNBC, usually the third-rated cable news network, was
beating CNN. CNN averaged 1.202 million viewers on Wednesday between 10 p.m.
and 11 p.m., compared to MSNBC's 1.214 million. It was the second straight
night that MSNBC beat CNN.

Final convention ratings numbers come out later today.

--------------------------------

The New York Times
"Faced With Poor Ratings, Networks Soul Search"
By BILL CARTER

Published: September 3, 2004

***Excerpt***

" Like Mr. Brokaw, a number of television executives yesterday blamed the
Republicans and Democrats for the networks' dwindling convention viewership.
But as the Fox News cable channel widened its lead in the convention ratings
race, other observers suggested that the networks needed to look within.

While Fox broadcast the convention for much of the day, the three networks
covered it only from 10 to 11 p.m.

Dorrance Smith, the longtime former ABC News executive who is now a television
consultant to the Republican National Convention, called Fox's dominance in the
ratings this week "truly a seminal event," and said that that development could
be interpreted as a serious threat to the identities of the broadcast news
operations.

"It never ceases to amaze me how the networks can continue to rationalize their
ongoing decline in both numbers and relevancy," Mr. Smith said. "The way that
we and the Democrats have programmed the 10 p.m. hour has reduced their impact
dramatically. By limiting their coverage, they are forced to show what the
conventions have programmed, and it has reduced to a bare minimum their ability
to react and opine."

Dan Rather, the CBS anchor, said that precisely that kind of stage managing had
helped reduce the networks' interest in the conventions. His team, he said, was
left to act less like journalists than like sports producers who show up at a
prepackaged event and turn on their cameras.

"Actually, in sports you can do more," Mr. Rather said. "You can say the
fullback missed a block. Here we don't even get to do that."

After beating the broadcast networks for the first time on Tuesday, Fox News
dominated viewership from 10 to 11 p.m. on Wednesday, when Vice President Dick
Cheney gave his acceptance speech. Fox not only pulled in more viewers than any
individual broadcast network, with 5.918 million, but also attracted more
viewers than CBS (2.6 million) and ABC (3.3 million) combined. NBC had 4.5
million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.

While many network news executives dismissed Fox's success as a function of its
warmth toward the Republicans, many admitted that the size of the audience
differential on Wednesday was startling.

"Any time you see a number of that magnitude you have to think about it," Neal
Shapiro, the president of NBC News, said."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/03/arts/television/03network.html?ex=109487
5200&en=d6de29b3bdc22942&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News

George

Sep 3, 2004, 4:15:55 PM9/3/04
In article <20040903160923...@mb-m17.aol.com>,
wil...@aol.comnospam (WillStG) wrote:

> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week
> during
> the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC
> or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships
> *combined*. 8 years ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart cable
> News
> outfit.

and I bet more people who wanted to find out about bunt cake were
watching the "food network" than abc,fox,nbc,and cbs combined
you have a narrow focused niche audience and you were broadcasting the
pablum they live breath eat and shit
do you really find it amazing?
most of america didn't give a rats ass about the DNC or RNC conventions

george

Fed Up

Sep 3, 2004, 4:16:39 PM9/3/04
WillStG wrote:
> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week during
> the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC
> or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships
> *combined*.

So even more people are misinformed than ever before. Congratulations,
Joe Goebbels would be proud.

Fox News: Wholly without merit.

EggHd

Sep 3, 2004, 4:23:30 PM9/3/04
The bad news is this means the convention was watched more by the faithful then
the curious.

---------------------------------------

WillStG

Sep 3, 2004, 4:37:43 PM9/3/04
>George g.p.g...@worldnet.att.net

>and I bet more people who wanted to find out about bunt cake were
>watching the "food network" than abc,fox,nbc,and cbs combined

I'll take that bet, how about $10,000 cash? You might like to check your
facts first before you start talking trash George. Last week even the MTV
VMA's only got 6.2 million viewers, double the next rated cable show, and no
Food Network program was even in the top 15 Cable programs for the week.

THIS JUST IN! Fox News Channel pulled 7.3 MILLION VIEWERS last night,
handily beating all 3 Broadcast Network News divisions again!

"http://mediabistro.com/tvnewser/

FNC Beats Nets Again: 7.3 Mil At 10pm

"Fox News Channel averaged 7.3 million viewers between 10 and 11pm Thursday,
early ratings data demonstrates. CNN averaged 2.65 million and MSNBC averaged
1.7 million during the hour.
The fast national numbers for the networks show that Fox beat the networks
again last night. This data is not final, but CBS averaged 6.2 million, NBC had
5.6 million, and ABC had 4.7 million. Final #'s will be available later
today...

# 9/3/2004 04:19:08 PM "

EggHd

Sep 3, 2004, 4:47:47 PM9/3/04
<< and I bet more people who wanted to find out about bunt cake were
>watching the "food network" than abc,fox,nbc,and cbs combined

I'll take that bet, how about $10,000 cash? You might like to check your
facts first before you start talking trash George. >>

You must not have read his post carefully.

WillStG

Sep 3, 2004, 5:05:15 PM9/3/04
>eg...@aol.com (EggHd)

>The bad news is this means the convention was watched more by the faithful
then the curious.>

Can you support the notion that fewer people watched the RNC this year
than 4 years ago. Can you point to a different Demographic and what it means?
Although I admit a whole section of the convention was taunting the CNN people,
chanting "Watch Fox, Watch Fox" during their interviews on the floor. But
people voting with their feet is traditional in a Democracy, is it not?

My main point, I think the Network programming execs screwed up Big Time.
When members of both political parties have been calling this election "the
most important election in our lifetime", the decision by Network programmers
that the public was not interested, and that the events were not "news" and so
were unworthy of extended coverage was a big failure IMHO. They failed to
understand the public's interest, they failed to perform their traditional
over-the-air Broadcast public interest responsibilities, they failed to provide
programming free enough from snide remarks and condescention that a large
demographic of viewers would not seek alternatives.

During the President's speech last night I was at home watching and the 60
cycle hum we had on the line was driving me crazy. And yet we had a record
number of viewers. Sometimes it really *is* the song, and not how slick the
recording is.

David Morgan (MAMS)

Sep 3, 2004, 5:09:20 PM9/3/04

"WillStG" <wil...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message ...

Political posts have been virtually non-existant in your absence.

How could one expect anything other than the official "mouth"
of the Republican party (the network which managed to achieve
the legal right to lie to the public) would have the most viewers
for this national Republican event?

Thanks for the few quiet days of reading...

DM

reddred

Sep 3, 2004, 5:27:31 PM9/3/04

"WillStG" <wil...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

Strangely enough, they beat all other networks in the amount of pure BS they
were spreading as well. That is why the lion's share of folks in this
country who were given false information and held pure BS to be verified
fact (after all, why would a news station lie?) got their false information
from Fox News.

jb

reddred

Sep 3, 2004, 5:28:47 PM9/3/04
For those who didn't catch it last time:

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/Media_10_02_03_Report.pdf

jb

WillStG

Sep 3, 2004, 5:29:12 PM9/3/04
>eg...@aol.com (EggHd)

>You must not have read his post carefully.

No Egghead, I'm waiting for George to take my wager. Because as you
should know full well, on their worst night any of the Big 3 Broadcast Nets
beats the crap out of the "Food Network" in the ratings, let alone all 3
combined. "The Food Network" averaged 500,000 viewers in the last quarter -
last night the lowest rated Net covering the RNC, which was CBS, had 6.2
million. George's trash talk notwithstanding, the 3 Nets combined kicked the
ass for "Bund Cake recipes" at least 15 to 1. And Fox News Channel beat them
all.

Ok we're not *so* great honestly, it's our viewers are extrelmely loyal
(though only 52% consider themselves "Conservative"), and maybe we will all end
with a "Napolean complex" like some of our collegues are suggesting. But there
is some poetic justice when an economy car leaves a luxury car like a Beamer or
Mercedes in the dust. At least, to the liberal in me there is... <g>

WillStG

Sep 3, 2004, 5:46:15 PM9/3/04
> "David Morgan \(MAMS\)" ma...@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com

>Political posts have been virtually non-existant in your absence.
>
>How could one expect anything other than the official "mouth"
>of the Republican party (the network which managed to achieve
>the legal right to lie to the public) would have the most viewers
>for this national Republican event?
>
>Thanks for the few quiet days of reading...

This thread is intended as news for the members of this group who are
*avoiding* the political threads David. But it is your friends on the left -
and you - who are making this into a political thread. Broadcast ratings are as
on topic in this newsgroup as the BIllboard charts are. Broadcast audio
engineers are as much part of the target group for this newsgroup as recordists
and manufacturer reps are.

The paradigm is shifting in the media, in the news business. This is
something worthy of note, and I would be remiss to let it go by unmentioned.
There are many dimensions IMO as to the meaning of Cable television superceding
Broadcast television worthy of consideration. To only see the meaning as being
political in nature is extremely narrow minded in my view.

I think the changes taking place affecting my segment of the audio
business has much in common with the Democratization of the recording business
that has affected all the studio owners and idependents recordists here.

For good or ill, it is "reality TV" David.

Pete Dimsman

Sep 3, 2004, 5:53:10 PM9/3/04

WillStG wrote:

>>eg...@aol.com (EggHd)
>

>>You must not have read his post carefully.
>

> No Egghead, I'm waiting for George to take my wager. Because as you
> should know full well, on their worst night any of the Big 3 Broadcast Nets
> beats the crap out of the "Food Network" in the ratings, let alone all 3

I guess you missed "and I bet more people who wanted to find out about

bunt cake were watching the "food network" than abc,fox,nbc,and cbs
combined"

??

Dumbass!!!

Bob Cain

Sep 3, 2004, 5:57:46 PM9/3/04

WillStG wrote:

> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week during
> the Republican National Convention.

What on earth do you think that means other than that a lot
of republicans are entertained by their propeganda arm?
Goebles was quite successful too.

The signifigance you attach to things calls into serious
question any capability you might have at all for critical
thinking.

Why did you fail to flag this topic as [OT] to assist those
who want to automatically filter out such content?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Arny Krueger

Sep 3, 2004, 6:13:38 PM9/3/04
"WillStG" <wil...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message

> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it

> is worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my
> place of employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the
> ratings this week during the Republican National Convention. More
> people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox
> News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships *combined*. 8 years
> ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart cable News outfit.
> They are not laughing anymore. And even by combining their ratings
> for MSNBC and the Parent NBC network, NBC was beaten by Foxc News
> Channel.

Serves 'em right!

U.S. Network news has IMO long been a parody of reality. If you've ever been
on the inside of a real news story, you know that the network news reporting
of it is a travesty.

All that Fox did is add one layer of indirection, and produce a travesty
form of network news based on the travesty of of real news that network news
had long become.

Don Cooper

Sep 3, 2004, 6:45:26 PM9/3/04

Pete Dimsman wrote:

> I guess you missed "and I bet more people who wanted to find out about
> bunt cake were watching the "food network" than abc,fox,nbc,and cbs
> combined"
>
> ??
>
> Dumbass!!!

Like I've said before, this man might be interesting after he's not
employed here any more. And after the deprogramming, which would
probably take a couple of years.

His job is all he's got. Like they care.

Don Cooper

Sep 3, 2004, 6:47:19 PM9/3/04

reddred wrote:

> Strangely enough, they beat all other networks in the amount of pure BS they
> were spreading as well.

Maybe a few of those people wanted to see Bono.

They probably thought Sonny came back to life.

Don Cooper

Sep 3, 2004, 6:50:11 PM9/3/04

Bob Cain wrote:

> Why did you fail to flag this topic as [OT] to assist those
> who want to automatically filter out such content?

I still don't get the connection to the Billboard charts. Many of us
work on music.

Mondoslug1

Sep 3, 2004, 6:59:50 PM9/3/04
Willstg wrote:

> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
>worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of

>employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week.

More people watched FNC than on ABC, NBC
>or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's viewerships
>*combined*.

What was on...Simpsons' reruns?

EggHd

Sep 3, 2004, 9:53:04 PM9/3/04
<< No Egghead, I'm waiting for George to take my wager. Because as you
should know full well, on their worst night any of the Big 3 Broadcast Nets
beats the crap out of the "Food Network" in the ratings, let alone all 3
combined. >>

You still missed it. The post was pretty funny.

WillStG

Sep 3, 2004, 11:01:52 PM9/3/04
<< Don Cooper dcoope...@comcast.net >>

<< I still don't get the connection to the Billboard charts. Many of us
work on music.

This newsgroup will be called rec.audio.pro

* AUDIENCE *

This newsgroup will be of interest to the following groups:

- Broadcast and studio engineers
- Those with interests in production and engineering
- Musicians and recording hobbyists

* MODERATION *

This newsgroup will be unmoderated.

* CHARTER *

This newsgroup will provide a forum for the discussion of professional
audio products, recording and studio engineering as it relates to any
of following:

- Radio/TV audio for on-air and production
- Sound reinforcement
- Recording

George

Sep 4, 2004, 12:27:40 AM9/4/04
In article <20040903215304...@mb-m25.aol.com>,
eg...@aol.com (EggHd) wrote:

> << No Egghead, I'm waiting for George to take my wager. Because as you
> should know full well, on their worst night any of the Big 3 Broadcast Nets
> beats the crap out of the "Food Network" in the ratings, let alone all 3
> combined. >>

not during Bunt Cake week!!!(amoung those who specificaly are watching
tv to find out about bunt cakes)
george

Geoff Wood

Sep 4, 2004, 12:32:01 AM9/4/04
WillStG wrote:
> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts,
> it is worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my
> place of employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the
> ratings this week during the Republican National Convention.

That's really sad.

geoff

Don Cooper

Sep 4, 2004, 12:36:20 AM9/4/04

George wrote:

> not during Bunt Cake week!!!(amoung those who specificaly are watching
> tv to find out about bunt cakes)

Just wait till that "Iron Chef" comes on.

agent86

Sep 4, 2004, 1:35:31 AM9/4/04
WillStG wrote:

> As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week
> during
> the Republican National Convention. More people watched FNC than on ABC,
> NBC or CBS, and Wednesday night Fox News Channel beat CBS's and ABC's
> viewerships
> *combined*. 8 years ago ABC News was laughing at Fox's new upstart cable
> News
> outfit. They are not laughing anymore. And even by combining their
> ratings
> for MSNBC and the Parent NBC network, NBC was beaten by Foxc News
> Channel.

Considering that Faux is the favorite network of the type of people who
would be expected to be most interested in watching a right wing
cheerleading rally, this should surprise no one.

Richard Crowley

Sep 4, 2004, 1:08:38 AM9/4/04
> The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote...

> Fox News was the winner in the TV ratings battle during the
> Republican National Convention.
>
> On Wednesday, for the second straight night, Fox beat out not
> only its cable rivals but also broadcast networks.
>
> In the 10 p.m. hour Wednesday, when all the networks were
> airing convention coverage, Fox averaged a whopping 5.9
> million viewers. NBC had 4.5 million, ABC claimed 3.3
> million and CBS got 2.6 million.
>
> In another upset, MSNBC, usually the third-rated cable news
> network, was beating CNN. CNN averaged 1.202 million
> viewers on Wednesday between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., compared
> to MSNBC's 1.214 million. It was the second straight night
> that MSNBC beat CNN.

Apparently only the people in this newsgroup believe that CNN is
anything other than a self-proclamed, full-blown leftist propaganda
outlet. The numbers clearly indicate where people go who are
interested in media that are not openly hostile to Republicans.

George

Sep 4, 2004, 7:56:30 AM9/4/04
In article <10jijen...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Richard Crowley" <rcro...@xprt.net> wrote:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

you mean where wannabe facists go to get thier fix

George

EganMedia

Sep 4, 2004, 7:58:32 AM9/4/04
>Fox News Channel (my place of
>employment) beat all 3 Broadcast News divisions in the ratings this week
>during
>the Republican National Convention.

So the official network of the Republican Party attracted more Republicans than
other networks during the Republican Convention. Wear that one with pride,
Will.

Did you know that alcoholics drink more Budweiser than all flavors of Nestle
Quick combined?

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com

Greg

Sep 4, 2004, 8:12:54 AM9/4/04
In article <W4c_c.92919$%n4.7...@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
agent86 <maxwel...@control.gov> wrote:

> WillStG wrote:
>
> > As on-topic to this group as who is on the Billboard Charts, it is
> > worthy of note that in a historical first Fox News Channel (my place of
> > employment)

God what a low-life. Why are so many people so devoid of conscience
these days?

Greg

Greg

Sep 4, 2004, 8:15:01 AM9/4/04
In article <W4c_c.92919$%n4.7...@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
agent86 <maxwel...@control.gov> wrote:

I agree it's very weird someone would think that was meaningful as a
plus for Faux News.

Greg

Greg

Sep 4, 2004, 8:25:28 AM9/4/04
In article <10jijen...@corp.supernews.com>,
"Richard Crowley" <rcro...@xprt.net> wrote:

> > The Atlanta Journal-Constitution wrote...
> >
> > Fox News was the winner in the TV ratings battle during the
> > Republican National Convention.
> >
> > On Wednesday, for the second straight night, Fox beat out not
> > only its cable rivals but also broadcast networks.
> >
> > In the 10 p.m. hour Wednesday, when all the networks were
> > airing convention coverage, Fox averaged a whopping 5.9
> > million viewers. NBC had 4.5 million, ABC claimed 3.3
> > million and CBS got 2.6 million.
> >
> > In another upset, MSNBC, usually the third-rated cable news
> > network, was beating CNN. CNN averaged 1.202 million
> > viewers on Wednesday between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m., compared
> > to MSNBC's 1.214 million. It was the second straight night
> > that MSNBC beat CNN.
>
> Apparently only the people in this newsgroup believe that CNN is
> anything other than a self-proclamed, full-blown leftist propaganda
> outlet.

If CNN is a "self-proclamed, full-blown leftist propaganda
outlet," then how would you characterize Air America Radio?

>The numbers clearly indicate where people go who are
>interested in media that are not openly hostile to Republicans.

Too bad they can't go to a another planet to wage their sicko wars and
wreak havoc on that environment and economy. Planet Republican--has a
nice ring to it.

Greg

Greg

Sep 4, 2004, 8:44:46 AM9/4/04
In article <20040903174615...@mb-m14.aol.com>,
wil...@aol.comnospam (WillStG) wrote:

Sheez, you definitely belong with Fox News.

Greg

Greg

Sep 4, 2004, 8:48:27 AM9/4/04
In article <20040903164747...@mb-m20.aol.com>,
eg...@aol.com (EggHd) wrote:

> << and I bet more people who wanted to find out about bunt cake were

> >watching the "food network" than abc,fox,nbc,and cbs combined
>

> I'll take that bet, how about $10,000 cash? You might like to check your
> facts first before you start talking trash George. >>

> You must not have read his post carefully.

You must not be familiar with the Fox News M.O. I.e., reading the post
wouldn't have made any difference.

Greg

Mondoslug1

Sep 4, 2004, 10:14:57 AM9/4/04

How do they do when the Superbowl's on?

Pete Dimsman

Sep 4, 2004, 11:15:48 AM9/4/04

Mondoslug1 wrote:

> How do they do when the Superbowl's on?

Or when it was the Democratic convention?

WillStG

Sep 4, 2004, 12:34:15 PM9/4/04
<< egan...@aol.com (EganMedia) >>

<< So the official network of the Republican Party attracted more Republicans
than
other networks during the Republican Convention. Wear that one with pride,
Will. >>

Ok Joe, you're going off topic now. Because I would congratulate you if
you had number one record, regardless of whether I liked the artist or their
crap hillbilly Rap songs that you had recorded, or what the record company
marketing division did to get the record airplay, even if you were just the
fucking tape op on the session.

Yes conservatives like Fox News, but why wouldn't they like a news outfit
where they are not insulted and dissed constantly like they are at the Major 3
networks and at CNN? It not like liberal views do not get a respectful listen
here, we have many many commentators and guests that represent a
non-traditional non-conservative perspective and all well mannered people are
treated with respect, and the same makeup people and bad green room coffee.

<< Did you know that alcoholics drink more Budweiser than all flavors of Nestle
Quick combined? >>

Sounds to me like you take repudiation of the mainstream media personally.
Perhaps if you were more respectful yourself to those with whom you disagree
poltically, you would be able to understand what the mistake of the Broadcast
nets was and learn from their mistake. Depends on what your aspirations in
life are, I guess.

EggHd

Sep 4, 2004, 12:45:39 PM9/4/04
FYI

Fox was up 137% in ratings for the RNC over the DNC.

Speaks volumes.

Roger W. Norman

Sep 4, 2004, 12:59:40 PM9/4/04
Gee, do you get a bonus for posting this here? WITHOUT an OT subject that
you just yelled at Pete about not more than two days ago?

Who couldn't beat the broadcast networks? They didn't cover the whole
evening on any evenings of either the Democratic nor Republican Conventions.
Do they have figures for C-Span?

Nevermind, don't answer. Please. Or maybe do, because it just goes to show
that more of America is dumber than you wish to accept. You think they are
smart for watching your network, and yet you somehow work for a network that
has no problems with giving all the Bush/Swift Boat Vets free airing of
their ads, over and over again without charge.

Your workplace is part of the problem, Will, not part of the solution.
Whether Kerry would be part of the solution remains to be seen if he gets
the chance, but devisive politics on the part of Fox isn't new. I realize
it pays your bills, and you have a job to do and a family to feed, but it
would be far better if you didn't appear here with the hook still stuck in
your cheek.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

> [...]

Dick
> Cheney gave his acceptance speech. Fox not only pulled in more viewers
than any
> individual broadcast network, with 5.918 million, but also attracted more
> viewers than CBS (2.6 million) and ABC (3.3 million) combined. NBC had 4.5
> million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.
>
> While many network news executives dismissed Fox's success as a function
of its
> warmth toward the Republicans, many admitted that the size of the audience
> differential on Wednesday was startling.
>
> "Any time you see a number of that magnitude you have to think about it,"
Neal
> Shapiro, the president of NBC News, said."
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/03/arts/television/03network.html?ex=109487
> 5200&en=d6de29b3bdc22942&ei=5006&partner=ALTAVISTA1

BLCKOUT420

Sep 4, 2004, 12:56:43 PM9/4/04
50% of the American people still believe there was WMDs in Iraq. Which speaks
volumes about the intelligence of most Fox viewers.
BTW, OReilly said he would quit if WMDs weren't found within 6 months. Thats
long past, and he never brought it up again, despite the non publicized fact he
got over 20,000 emails reminding him of what he said.

Bob Olhsson

Sep 4, 2004, 1:05:54 PM9/4/04
"EggHd" <eg...@aol.com> wrote in message

> FYI
>
> Fox was up 137% in ratings for the RNC over the DNC.
>
> Speaks volumes.

Those folks DON'T watch the other 7 news channels that share the rest of the
audience.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com

George

Sep 4, 2004, 1:07:48 PM9/4/04
In article <20040904123415...@mb-m05.aol.com>,
wil...@aol.comnospam (WillStG) wrote:

> << egan...@aol.com (EganMedia) >>
>
> << So the official network of the Republican Party attracted more Republicans
> than
> other networks during the Republican Convention. Wear that one with pride,
> Will. >>
>
> Ok Joe, you're going off topic now. Because I would congratulate you
> if
> you had number one record, regardless of whether I liked the artist or their
> crap hillbilly Rap songs that you had recorded, or what the record company
> marketing division did to get the record airplay, even if you were just the
> fucking tape op on the session.
>
> Yes conservatives like Fox News, but why wouldn't they like a news outfit
> where they are not insulted and dissed constantly like they are at the Major
> 3
> networks and at CNN?

it is not a insult or dissing when it is true
republicans are evil bastards out to ruin america for thier own gain

Liberals are wacked out nut jobs that can't focus on the forest beacuse
of the trees

neither lib/dems ot con/pubs are really all that smart or able to take
in the big picture
Fox news is like cocaine to the neocons starved for more hate mongering
at least the networks just simply report what happened and leave the
conclusions up to the viewer
Faux news tells you what you should think
George

Bob Cain

Sep 4, 2004, 2:45:43 PM9/4/04

Geoff Wood wrote:

Which, the ratings or the false and transparent "reasoning"
W.M. employed to make it on topic? This guy really does
deserve the job in the propaganda arm of the administration
that he so enjoys. On second thought, as we've all seen he
is not really very good at it.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Pete Dimsman

Sep 4, 2004, 6:04:03 PM9/4/04

Richard Crowley wrote:

> Apparently only the people in this newsgroup believe that CNN is
> anything other than a self-proclamed, full-blown leftist propaganda
> outlet. The numbers clearly indicate where people go who are
> interested in media that are not openly hostile to Republicans.

No, CNN just likes to report the facts that Repubs would just as soon
ignore. Thats why they like Fox. Fox DOES ignore these facts also. Like
how wonderful we made it for the Iraqis'. yeah, i'm sure they must just
love what we did for them. (..)

The Iraqi daily news:

At least 50 die in violence across Iraq
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/09/04/iraq.blast/index.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Fighting and a suicide bombing killed at least 50
people across Iraq on Saturday.

Stephen Boyke

Sep 4, 2004, 7:58:19 PM9/4/04
On 9/4/04 9:45 AM, in article 20040904124539...@mb-m20.aol.com,
"EggHd" <eg...@aol.com> wrote:

Many have more important things to do than watch Fox News (or other news
shows for that matter) on a regular basis.

Just imagine the following:

1. Walk in the woods
2. Critical thinking
3. Reading a book
4. Practicing a musical instrument
5. Spending time with family
6. Etc.

WillStG

Sep 4, 2004, 9:42:11 PM9/4/04
<< blcko...@aol.com (BLCKOUT420) >>

<< 50% of the American people still believe there was WMDs in Iraq. Which
speaks
volumes about the intelligence of most Fox viewers. >>

So 50% of the American people watch Fox News you would say? Wow.

But given that Iraq used poison gas in it's War against Iran, and given
that there are thousands of people buried in mass graves that Saddam killed
with poison gas, and as it is documented that Iraq bought Uranium before the
first Gulf War, and as more than 10 of Saddam's top scientists have have been
murdered, and given that there were convoys of trucks carrying cargo into Syria
immediately preceding the Liberation of Iraq, this might suggest the 50% of the
American People have a better memory of History and a more nuanced grasp of the
facts of the WMD matter than you claim to possess.

WillStG

Sep 4, 2004, 10:02:36 PM9/4/04
<< "Roger W. Norman" rno...@starpower.net

<< Gee, do you get a bonus for posting this here? WITHOUT an OT subject that
you just yelled at Pete about not more than two days ago? >>

If you ever mixed a hit record Roger, I do not think anyone would expect an
OT if you mentioned it here. You know full well I have been here on RAP for as
long as I have been at Fox News, and until we starting kicking the ass of the
established media no one here had a bad word to say to me about it. Now that
FNC has become a threat to the established media, now that you read all this
crap Democrat / lefistist talking points about my place of empolyment you can't
even be civil to me about my part in what is a remarkable success story, by any
measure. Surely you are not also so in denial you cannot recognize a
sea-change may be taking place in the media world?

Whatever. I may have adopted a child and be on my second house since I
discovered RAP, but essentially and morally I am not much different today than
8 years ago, when I quit my NABET job at World News Tonight for FNC. However
I have to say you are unable to even show basic professional courtesy anymore
due to your partisan political bias. The numbnuts I can understand being like
that, those with a lack of perspective I can understand it, but I expected
better of you really. Silly me.

Ces't la Vie.

WillStG

Sep 5, 2004, 12:05:02 AM9/5/04
<< "Bob Olhsson" o...@hyperback.com >>

<< "EggHd" <eg...@aol.com> wrote

> FYI
>
> Fox was up 137% in ratings for the RNC over the DNC.
>
> Speaks volumes.

Those folks DON'T watch the other 7 news channels that share the rest of the
audience. >>

CNN's ratings during the GOP Convention was up 43% over their Democratic
Convention ratings as well. The fact is there was more general public
interest in the Republican Convention than in the Democrat's, plain and simple,
your theorectical "Partisan Split" notwithstanding.

And look, we whomped CNN and even the Weather Channel the Day after
Hurricane Charley hit. I suppose they make Hurricanes in Democratic and
Republican varieties now in your view? No, I beleive it far more likely the
reality is that viewers think we have a better more interesting product,
better more interesting people, and that that trumps every other factor. The
Partisan Split theory is more of a theory to save face than a very good excuse
i think, and all the experienced Executives at the Nets have been admitting
that they have some soul searching to do.

playon

Sep 5, 2004, 12:55:11 AM9/5/04
On 05 Sep 2004 02:02:36 GMT, wil...@aol.comnospam (WillStG) wrote:

>I have to say you are unable to even show basic professional courtesy anymore
>due to your partisan political bias.

WTF are you, neutral??? Give the hypocrisy a rest.

Al

WillStG

Sep 5, 2004, 1:15:06 AM9/5/04
<< playon pla...@comcast.net >>

<< WTF are you, neutral??? Give the hypocrisy a rest.

I was talking to Roger, who actually signs his name to his posts. I have
known him a lot longer than you, he's a big boy, and he certainly doesn't need
your posturing to protect him.

R Krizman

Sep 5, 2004, 1:19:36 AM9/5/04
<< If you ever mixed a hit record Roger, I do not think anyone would expect an
OT if you mentioned it here. >><BR><BR>

You mean you mentioned it because you had something to do with it? It wasn't
just another political lob? In all fairness, how can we tell.?

Did you mix the broadcast? How about some details from the trenches. Anything
in there that might remotely be of audio interest? (like there would be if you
had mixed a hit record)

I don't think people here should pick on you for your political beliefs, unless
of course you ask for it.

How did they slobber-proof the mics?

-R

R Krizman

Sep 5, 2004, 1:21:18 AM9/5/04
<< all the experienced Executives at the Nets have been admitting
that they have some soul searching to do >><BR><BR>

They do, but not for the reason you think.

-R

neil.he...@sbcglobal.netnospam

Sep 5, 2004, 2:12:14 AM9/5/04

> << "Bob Olhsson" o...@hyperback.com >>
>
> << "EggHd" <eg...@aol.com> wrote
>
> > FYI
> >
> > Fox was up 137% in ratings for the RNC over the DNC.
> >
> > Speaks volumes.
>
> Those folks DON'T watch the other 7 news channels that share the rest of
the
> audience. >>
>
> CNN's ratings during the GOP Convention was up 43% over their
Democratic
> Convention ratings as well. The fact is there was more general public
> interest in the Republican Convention than in the Democrat's, plain and
simple,
> your theorectical "Partisan Split" notwithstanding.

FWIW, I'll back Will up on the stats... some of you guys know I'm the TV
biz, too, and I noticed the other day in a ratings summary of the two
conventions that the GOP convention did indeed garner more total viewership
(across ALL nets, not just FNC) than the Dems did. I don't recall the exact
numbers, but it wasn't by a smidgen, it was a fairly large margin. I was
kinda surprised, actually... I thought they'd end up being pretty close in
viewership, based on quite a few polls we've all seen that show Bush &
Kerry running pretty close to each other & all that.
--

Neil Henderson
Saqqara Records

George

Sep 5, 2004, 3:19:31 AM9/5/04
In article <20040905011936...@mb-m19.aol.com>,
rkri...@aol.com (R Krizman) wrote:

will does ask for it with his head in the sand robotic spewing of the
republican propaganda
\his downright hate for all that is good about America
and his bend twards not taking responsibility for the actions he has
direct control over(by voting)
George

Bob Cain

Sep 5, 2004, 4:02:18 AM9/5/04

neil.he...@sbcglobal.netNOSPAM wrote:

> FWIW, I'll back Will up on the stats... some of you guys know I'm the TV
> biz, too, and I noticed the other day in a ratings summary of the two
> conventions that the GOP convention did indeed garner more total viewership
> (across ALL nets, not just FNC) than the Dems did.

Yeah, I've noticed that republicans do watch a lot more
television than other people.

BLCKOUT420

Sep 5, 2004, 10:51:53 AM9/5/04

><< blcko...@aol.com (BLCKOUT420) >>
><< 50% of the American people still believe there was WMDs in Iraq. Which
>speaks
>volumes about the intelligence of most Fox viewers. >>
>
> So 50% of the American people watch Fox News you would say? Wow.
>
> But given that Iraq used poison gas in it's War against Iran, and given
>that there are thousands of people buried in mass graves that Saddam killed
>with poison gas, and as it is documented that Iraq bought Uranium before the
>first Gulf War, and as more than 10 of Saddam's top scientists have have been
>murdered, and given that there were convoys of trucks carrying cargo into
>Syria
>immediately preceding the Liberation of Iraq, this might suggest the 50% of
>the
>American People have a better memory of History and a more nuanced grasp of
>the
>facts of the WMD matter than you claim to possess.

Boy, you dance around what I said in true Fox fashion. You've learned from the
masters.

neil.he...@sbcglobal.netnospam

Sep 5, 2004, 10:52:30 AM9/5/04
"Bob Cain" <arc...@arcanemethods.com> wrote in message

> neil.he...@sbcglobal.netNOSPAM wrote:
>

> > FWIW, I'll back Will up on the stats... some of you guys know I'm the
TV
> > biz, too, and I noticed the other day in a ratings summary of the two
> > conventions that the GOP convention did indeed garner more total
viewership
> > (across ALL nets, not just FNC) than the Dems did.
>
> Yeah, I've noticed that republicans do watch a lot more
> television than other people.

Never looked at it that way, but... GOOD! We need that upscale audience for
our advertisers :D

EggHd

Sep 5, 2004, 2:17:56 PM9/5/04
<< CNN's ratings during the GOP Convention was up 43% over their Democratic
Convention ratings as well. >>

I saw that their numbers were down. But I am at a coffee shop right now
gloming on to their wi fi and have no info with me.

WillStG

Sep 5, 2004, 6:20:09 PM9/5/04
<< eg...@aol.com (EggHd) >>

<<WillStG << CNN's ratings during the GOP Convention was up 43% over their

Democratic
Convention ratings as well. >>

>> I saw that their numbers were down. But I am at a coffee shop right now
gloming on to their wi fi and have no info with me.

We were all up, but Cable was signifigantly up vs. the Nets, and FNC was
up more than anyone else. And a "Partisan Divide" wouldn't affect us as much
as it would CNN, as our audience is more evenly divided between Conservatives
and Liberals (CNN has 32% Conservative viewers, we have 52%.)

From "The San Franciso Chronicle"

> GOP tops Democrats in convention viewers"
Peter Hartlaub, Chronicle Pop Culture Critic
Saturday, September 4, 2004

"If ratings were votes, George W. Bush would be sitting pretty today,
because the Republican National Convention finished with a larger television
audience this week than its Democratic counterpart did in July. In addition,
President Bush's acceptance of the nomination drew more viewers than challenger
John Kerry's speech.

On ABC, CBS and NBC, plus three cable news channels, Nielsen Media
Research figures estimate that the Republican convention averaged a 15.3
rating, while Bush's Thursday night speech during the 7 o'clock hour peaked
with an 18.2 rating. The Democrats averaged a 14.3 rating over three nights,
and Kerry's speech drew a 16.9 rating.

Each ratings point equals 1.08 million households tuning in to the
program. Last year, top-rated network programs such as "American Idol" and
"CSI" averaged about a 16 rating. "

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2004/09/04/MNGS78JRT61.DTL

Stephen Boyke

Sep 5, 2004, 8:29:35 PM9/5/04
On 9/5/04 3:20 PM, in article 20040905182009...@mb-m19.aol.com,
"WillStG" <wil...@aol.comnospam> wrote:

This guy is really into this stuff. Guess it make him feel important or
useful. He's probably religious too. Yikes!!

EganMedia

Sep 5, 2004, 9:11:37 PM9/5/04
> THIS JUST IN! Fox News Channel pulled 7.3 MILLION VIEWERS last night,
>handily beating all 3 Broadcast Network News divisions again!

Danielle Steel has sold *way* more novels than William Faulkner, N'Sync has
sold more records than Dave Brubeck, and GW is currently ahead in the polls.
Maybe popularity isn't in direct proportion to quality.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com

Don Cooper

Sep 5, 2004, 9:17:37 PM9/5/04

EggHd wrote:

> FYI
>
> Fox was up 137% in ratings for the RNC over the DNC.
>
> Speaks volumes.

Sure. They're reporting on what they know.

Or think they know.

Don Cooper

Sep 5, 2004, 9:19:42 PM9/5/04

R Krizman wrote:

No NBA Championship this year?

Don Cooper

Sep 5, 2004, 9:20:25 PM9/5/04

BLCKOUT420 wrote:

> Boy, you dance around what I said in true Fox fashion. You've learned from the
> masters.

Watch what happens when they farm his job out to India.

Don Cooper

Sep 5, 2004, 9:21:52 PM9/5/04