where can I find this alarm sound?

Al Stuill

May 15, 2022, 5:42:01 PM5/15/22
Good afternoon,

I am looking for an alarm sound like this one:

http://sndup.net/dx9d

It was featured in several nuclear movies from the 1980's including "The
Day After" and "The Plutonium Incident" however I have never been able
to find it in higher quality.

If someone could point to possible sources for this sound, I thank you
in advance. I believe it to be an actual alarm, but narrowing it down
to the particular industry where it was used has been a problem (or
perhaps a ship, etc).

Thank you in advance,
Al

geoff

May 15, 2022, 7:57:51 PM5/15/22
Sorry nothing particularly helpful, but if not able to find, surely it's
hardly something that would not benefit significantly from higher
fidelity anyway ...

geoff

Ty Ford

May 16, 2022, 11:04:21 AM5/16/22
Sounds like some sort of Klaxon Horn in a lot of reverb.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Gorgar

May 16, 2022, 3:51:49 PM5/16/22
Zapsplat has some free soundclip downloads, not sure of any exact matches but perhaps something close:

https://www.zapsplat.com/?s=emergency+alarm&post_type=music&sound-effect-category-id=

Tobiah

May 17, 2022, 10:42:41 AM5/17/22
On 5/15/22 14:41, Al Stuill wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I am looking for an alarm sound like this one:
>
> http://sndup.net/dx9d

Search for 'breach alarm'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r4cNMKf4Hw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuZY30ST4_8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ5bw2pnLyc

Toby

Roy W. Rising

May 17, 2022, 1:10:22 PM5/17/22
It's a bell, or maybe a large pipe being struck. There's distortion and enough compression to let the ringout be as loud as the strike.

If you notice the *sound* it's wrong.
Roy W. Rising

Tobiah

May 17, 2022, 5:42:37 PM5/17/22
> It's a bell, or maybe a large pipe being struck. There's distortion
> and enough compression to let the ringout be as loud as the strike.

I can't hear anything remotely like a bell in any of the clips in
this thread. Are you talking about the OP audio file?

Roy W. Rising

May 19, 2022, 1:37:13 PM5/19/22
Yes. Last night I saw an action scene wherein an empty 55 gal. drum was knocked around. It, too, sounded 'like' the "alarm".

"If you notice the sound, it's wrong"
Roy W. Rising

Esha Malik

May 21, 2022, 7:07:56 AM5/21/22

geoff

May 21, 2022, 8:54:28 PM5/21/22
On 21/05/2022 11:07 pm, Esha Malik wrote:

> best busking amp:
> https://bestaudiopro.com/best-busking-amp-in-2021/

Um that's a bit of a tangent to the thread, not to mention nonsensical.
Which one - there are 4 - you want the 'chosen one ' ? Try a shop.

Also a bit odd that a website called AudiPro does not seem to feature
products, or even whole categories, that could be described as 'pro' !

geoff

Ty Ford

May 22, 2022, 11:30:04 AM5/22/22
I like the Samson XP10
https://bhpho.to/3G5w2V3

Ty Ford

geoff

May 22, 2022, 8:56:11 PM5/22/22
20 hours - wow.

But it's only "up to" .

geoff

Roy W. Rising

May 23, 2022, 1:08:02 PM5/23/22
The louder the sound, the shorter the time. So, shhh!