Rubin's console

geoff

Apr 25, 2022, 7:30:43 AM4/25/22
Anybody know what Rick Rubin's console is on McCartney321 ?

geoff

Phil W

Apr 25, 2022, 10:11:09 AM4/25/22

Am 25.04.2022 um 13:30 schrieb geoff:
> Anybody know what Rick Rubin's console is on McCartney321 ?

First off, the disclaimer:
Sorry, I do not know that! ... and I have not watched "McCartney 3, 2,
1" yet

What I remember from an interview with Rick Rubin years ago in a music
magazine: he considers himself rather an ultimate music fan, not really
a technician or even engineer

So, chances might be good, that he might even not know himself (at least
too exactly), what console is in front of him. ;-)

Anyway, other´s responses with better knowledge are very welcome, of course!

Take care everybody
Phil

david gourley

Apr 26, 2022, 4:14:24 PM4/26/22
geoff <ge...@nospamgeoffwood.org> said...news:R9mdnW14oNTHG_v_nZ2dnUU7-
K3N...@giganews.com:

> Anybody know what Rick Rubin's console is on McCartney321 ?
>
> geoff

It's a Neve, and it's for sale now !

https://vintageking.com/neve-bcm20-console-a1174-used

geoff

Apr 26, 2022, 4:54:59 PM4/26/22
On 27/04/2022 8:14 am, david gourley wrote:
> geoff <ge...@nospamgeoffwood.org> said...news:R9mdnW14oNTHG_v_nZ2dnUU7-
> K3N...@giganews.com:
>
>> Anybody know what Rick Rubin's console is on McCartney321 ?
>>
>> geoff
>
> It's a Neve, and it's for sale now !
>
> https://vintageking.com/neve-bcm20-console-a1174-used

Well spotted ! I want one - just one small problem ....

A pity the attached 'trailer' doesn't show how many songs were picked
apart track-by-track.

geoff