FS: Otari MTR-90-II 24 track, etc.

Arthur Stoppe

Aug 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/28/96

AUDIO (and some video) EQUIPMENT FOR SALE:

Quan: Description:
1 Otari MTR-90-II 24 track recorder
w/CB-104 Remote Control
CB-115 Auto Locator
(NOTE: Custom black and red finish on recorder and remotes)

1 Dolby M-24H Noise Reduction Unit
in portable case, with input/output harness
terminating in DL2-96 connectors wired to the
"SSL" standard. N/R remote wired for Otari MTR-90-II.

1 Otari MX-5050B 2 track tape recorder
7.5/15 ips, pitch control, 1/4 track playback head

1 Otari MTR-10-2 2 track tape recorder
w/CB-109 autolocator/remote

1 Otari MTR-20-2 2 track tape recorder
w/ CB-119 autolocator/remote
1/4" and 1/2" heads

2 Otari MX-5050-8-III 8 track 1/2" tape recorders
mounted in roll-around with 8 channels DBX 180A noise reduction
with CB-116 autolocator, CB-110 remote control
(one autolocator/remote is on roll-around stand)

1 Sound Workshop Series 30 console
12 inputs, 8 outputs, 12 ch monitor, 3 VCA subgroups
with right hand patchbay, 4 machine remotes

1 Sound Workshop 2012MB Console
12 inputs, 8 outputs, 12 ch monitor

1 Audio Kinetics Q-Lock 3.10 synchronizer
including the following machine interface cards:

Ampex ATR-100 (2)
Multitrack Magnetics MTM film dubber
Otari MX-5050
Otari MTR-90 Mk II
JVC VM-1 video
JVC HD video
Studer A800
3M M79

Some machine cables may also be included.

1 Adams-Smith 2600 Synchronizer (rev "I" software) including:

(1) LTC Generator Module 2600LG
(1) LTC Reader Module 2600LR
(1) Synchronizer Module 2600SY
(1) Power Supply Module 2600PS

1 Otari EC-401 Universal Resolver/SMPTE Code Reader

1 HAECO CSG-2 Compatible Stereo Generator

4 Electrodyne 710L console input modules

2 Revox A700 1/4 track stereo tape recorders

1 Revox A700 1/2 track stereo tape recorder

2 UREI 1122 or Shure SE-20 phono preamps

1 Sony BVH-2000 1" Type C video tape recorder
with BKH 2015 Time code
BVT-2000 Time base corrector
Type II editing panel

If you are interested in any of these items, please contact
via email (10466...@compuserve.com) or call 215-561-3660
and ask for Arthur Stoppe or Mark DeMartini.

s012...@mail.grimsby.ac.uk

Feb 26, 2015, 4:50:16 PM2/26/15
Hi im after a otari mtr90 CB-115 Auto Locator and cable do you have one for sale thanks my email is leonspe...@hotmail.com

John Williamson

Feb 26, 2015, 4:54:47 PM2/26/15
On 26/02/2015 21:49, s012...@mail.grimsby.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi im after a otari mtr90 CB-115 Auto Locator and cable do you have one for sale thanks my email is leonspe...@hotmail.com

After 19 years, I'd hope he's sold the stuff in the advert.

The post you're replying to was made in 1996, which may make this a new
record for the oldest replied to post in the group.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Scott Dorsey

Feb 26, 2015, 5:02:22 PM2/26/15
That said:

1. Precision Motor Works makes some aftermarket stuff for the MTR-90 and
consequently the owner knows everybody with one of those machines and
he has a good idea who might have anything for sale.

2. The autolocator for the Mk I machine is actually kind of rare, not a
huge number of them were sold.

--scott

John Williamson

Feb 26, 2015, 5:17:37 PM2/26/15
<Like>

shaun moore

Mar 10, 2023, 5:02:59 AM3/10/23
Hello I am searching for Otari MTR90 -2" "24 track" machine with auto locator remote and cables-- I have 1973 lespaul for trade and USA fender stratocaster- and usa telecaster for "TRADE "937-603-8628" cell evenings 937-667-6895 can travel for trade deal.. Otari nedds to be 100% fully functional, with no glitch"s and plenty of life on heads, will need Reels,, and tape.
Guitars are in good shape, no repairs all originol- with factory cases, can send pictures, and serial # for those interested in trading a good Otari MTR90 with auto locator remote-reels tape- cables
audiotr...@gmail.com
digitalre...@woh.rr.com

Scott Dorsey

Mar 10, 2023, 4:50:54 PM3/10/23
shaun moore <audiotr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello I am searching for Otari MTR90 -2" "24 track" machine with auto loca=
>tor remote and cables-- I have 1973 lespaul for trade and USA fender strat=
>ocaster- and usa telecaster for "TRADE "937-603-8628" cell evenin=
>gs 937-667-6895 can travel for trade deal.. Otari nedds to be 100% ful=
>ly functional, with no glitch"s and plenty of life on heads, will need Ree=
>ls,, and tape.
>Guitars are in good shape, no repairs all originol- with factory cases, can=
> send pictures, and serial # for those interested in trading a good Otari M=
>TR90 with auto locator remote-reels tape- cables =20
>audiotr...@gmail.com
>digitalre...@woh.rr.com

I have no idea what guitars are worth, but an MTR-90 is worth about what
the heads are.... maybe $10k for one with a new headstack, maybe $5k for
one with half head life... very little if the heads are bad.

Your best bet for finding a local one is to talk to maintenance techs in
your area and see if they know anybody with one.... but getting someone who u
is willing to take a trade is going to be difficult...