coyotes are no more

Jake T

Mar 23, 2022, 7:23:46 AM3/23/22
I know folks got tired of hearing the coyote audio here, but just to
update. I hadn't been hearing them at all for about three weeks and
couldn't determine the cause. Then, one day, while I was setting up the
recorder on the fence at the remote locale, a stranger pulled up in a
truck. I guess he didn't know I had permission there and asked what I
was doing. Shortly after divulging my purpose, he said that the yotes
had been shot! What I didn't like was that his backyard is even closer
yet to the yotes and he had a deer camera set up to try and occasionally
capture them. Whoever did the shooting knew about his camera and
removed his SD card. Not ok!

Well, that's the end of my audio adventure, at least in this regard.
Good thing I got all of the captures I did. One thing's for sure: I
should have kept my big mouth shut about the yotes. They had been
around for about five years. When I asked permission to use the
landscaper's property, his wife didn't like the fact that yotes were
around. Evidently, they never knew they were present. Unfortunately, I
think this started an unfortunate turn of future events which eventually
led to their demise.

John Williamson

Mar 23, 2022, 8:32:27 AM3/23/22
On 23/03/2022 11:23, Jake T wrote:
Unfortunately, I
> think this started an unfortunate turn of future events which eventually
> led to their demise.

As you never mentioned the location, other than it being within earshot
of your home, and the SD cards were removed from the trail cameras, it's
very unlikely to be related to the posts here.

Pictures published from the trail cameras may well have had the GPS
location buried in the EXIF metadata, and this can easily be recovered
by the viewer.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Tobiah

Mar 23, 2022, 9:34:09 AM3/23/22
> As you never mentioned the location, other than it being within
> earshot of your home, and the SD cards were removed from the trail
> cameras, it's very unlikely to be related to the posts here.

The way I read OP, he is not sorry that he posted here, but rather
sorry that he asked permission to use the property.

John Williamson

Mar 23, 2022, 9:52:15 AM3/23/22
Either way, it's unlikely his actions had anything to do with the
coyotes' demise.

Jake T

Mar 23, 2022, 10:59:01 AM3/23/22
John, I certainly hope that's true! I know from experience though that
I've opened my mouth about things in the past and later it didn't end
well. These 'yotes had been around for quite some time and I just felt
like I may have "ruffled the feathers" when I drew everyone's attention
to them because I don't know anyone else who knew they were around here
before I started recording. My neighborhood is also overwhelmed with
stray and feral cats and some disappeared lately. The neighbor ladies
were blaming the yotes. Who knows, we have like 20+ of these felines
running around all the time and for years.