How can I listen to tracks while they are being digitized from LPs to Sound Forge?

William Rupp

Apr 18, 2021, 5:51:49 PM4/18/21
I am successfully using Sound Forge to digitize LPs. How can I listen to the tracks as they are being captured?

Don Pearce

Apr 19, 2021, 6:08:24 AM4/19/21
On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 14:51:47 -0700 (PDT), William Rupp
<lowel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am successfully using Sound Forge to digitize LPs. How can I listen to the tracks as they are being captured?

Presumably you have some sort of phono preamp interface between the
deck and the audio interface card. Just put a couple of Y-adaptors
there and run the spare connections to your hi fi.

polymod

Apr 19, 2021, 6:34:59 AM4/19/21

"William Rupp" wrote in message

>I am successfully using Sound Forge to digitize LPs. How can I listen to
>the tracks as they are being captured?

I haven't used Sound Forge in about 10 years but from what I can remember
you have to enable audio input monitoring.
Check the record menu in the advanced tab.

Poly

geoff

Apr 19, 2021, 7:49:51 PM4/19/21
On 19/04/2021 9:51 am, William Rupp wrote:
> I am successfully using Sound Forge to digitize LPs. How can I listen to the tracks as they are being captured?

1 - Go to Help.
2 - Search for 'Monitor'.
3 - Choose the result that says 'Record Options'.
4 - Go to 'Set up input monitoring'.

That should point you in the right direction.

geoff