This is just slimy cheap on Canon

ScottW

Oct 17, 2021, 12:18:47 PM10/17/21
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/legal/canon-sued-for-disabling-scanner-when-printers-run-out-of-ink/

GMAFB....who's the moron who would piss off every customer?

I swear my HP declares cartridges go empty with mere time and no use.
Ink cartridge is a small annoyance to me...but a giant scam on American consumers.
Joe should put Camela on it.....

ScottW

MiNe109

Oct 17, 2021, 3:08:07 PM10/17/21
On 10/17/21 11:18 AM, ScottW wrote:
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/legal/canon-sued-for-disabling-scanner-when-printers-run-out-of-ink/
>
> GMAFB....who's the moron who would piss off every customer?
>
> I swear my HP declares cartridges go empty with mere time and no
> use. Ink cartridge is a small annoyance to me...but a giant scam on
> American consumers.

It's a long-standing problem. I threw away an Epson ink-jet printer when
I could get a laser printer for not much more than a new replacement
cartridge.

I even was a "winner" in a class action suit against Epson, but the
award was given in the form of a discount coupon for more Epson ink.

ScottW

Oct 17, 2021, 8:57:22 PM10/17/21
On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 12:08:07 PM UTC-7, MINe109 wrote:
> On 10/17/21 11:18 AM, ScottW wrote:
> > https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/legal/canon-sued-for-disabling-scanner-when-printers-run-out-of-ink/
> >
> > GMAFB....who's the moron who would piss off every customer?
> >
> > I swear my HP declares cartridges go empty with mere time and no
> > use. Ink cartridge is a small annoyance to me...but a giant scam on
> > American consumers.
> It's a long-standing problem. I threw away an Epson ink-jet printer when
> I could get a laser printer for not much more than a new replacement
> cartridge.

I'm not seeing color lasers near the price.
Last I looked they weren't very good at photo but that was long ago. Now?

> I even was a "winner" in a class action suit against Epson, but the
> award was given in the form of a discount coupon for more Epson ink.

I was a bigger winner in the Amazon moron warehouse workers sweepstake.
I ordered an HP ink set, 3 colors and a black.
Description said 4 cartridges so Amazon sent me four boxes...each with a complete
4 cartridge set. Probably last me a couple years.

ScottW

MiNe109

Oct 18, 2021, 8:05:46 AM10/18/21
On 10/17/21 7:57 PM, ScottW wrote:
> On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 12:08:07 PM UTC-7, MINe109 wrote:
>> On 10/17/21 11:18 AM, ScottW wrote:
>>> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/legal/canon-sued-for-disabling-scanner-when-printers-run-out-of-ink/

>>> I swear my HP declares cartridges go empty with mere time and no
>>> use. Ink cartridge is a small annoyance to me...but a giant scam
>>> on American consumers.
>> It's a long-standing problem. I threw away an Epson ink-jet printer
>> when I could get a laser printer for not much more than a new
>> replacement cartridge.
>
> I'm not seeing color lasers near the price. Last I looked they
> weren't very good at photo but that was long ago. Now?

I didn't need color or photo quality, so cheaper options were acceptable.

>> I even was a "winner" in a class action suit against Epson, but
>> the award was given in the form of a discount coupon for more Epson
>> ink.
>
> I was a bigger winner in the Amazon moron warehouse workers
> sweepstake. I ordered an HP ink set, 3 colors and a black.
> Description said 4 cartridges so Amazon sent me four boxes...each
> with a complete 4 cartridge set. Probably last me a couple years.

That'll take the sting out of the order price!

Once I got two tvs by mistake from an Amazon competitor, but I didn't
need both so I returned the extra.

Art Sackman

Oct 18, 2021, 11:20:07 AM10/18/21
Ok If you needed both you would have kept both.
Scott needed his cartridges.

ScottW

Oct 18, 2021, 12:18:16 PM10/18/21
I once ordered 3 records from classic records, what I got was a case of records
with 3 ea of a dozen or so titles. I contacted em about it.
They had no idea what I had gotten. Anyway, I arranged to return em,
minus what I ordered and a couple other titles I was interested in.
What they did? Charged me full retail for the extra's I kept. Oh well....

ScottW

MiNe109

Oct 18, 2021, 12:53:57 PM10/18/21
To each according to his need, yes.

George M. Middius

Oct 18, 2021, 1:08:09 PM10/18/21

MiNe109 wrote:

> > Ok If you needed both you would have kept both.
>
> To each according to his need, yes.

Can't resist lighting the fuse, can you?

MiNe109

Oct 18, 2021, 1:43:26 PM10/18/21
On 10/18/21 11:18 AM, ScottW wrote:
> I once ordered 3 records from classic records, what I got was a case of records
> with 3 ea of a dozen or so titles. I contacted em about it.
> They had no idea what I had gotten. Anyway, I arranged to return em,
> minus what I ordered and a couple other titles I was interested in.
> What they did? Charged me full retail for the extra's I kept. Oh well....

Bad business. No wonder they eventually failed.

The Atlantic had a piece on how retailers have created a problem for
themselves with free shipping and returns for online sales.

Yes, most places you can keep anything shipped in error regardless of need.

ScottW

Oct 18, 2021, 1:46:25 PM10/18/21
Legally yes, I liked Classics product and niche they filled so I did the right thing.
Amazon, not so much.

ScottW

MiNe109

Oct 18, 2021, 5:12:56 PM10/18/21
Shh! I'm hunting Marxists...

Art Sackman

Oct 19, 2021, 12:45:11 AM10/19/21
and from each, according to his abilities (Marx was a misogynist sexist BTW),
which means that you get everything you need, and because you are an incompetent Certified Idiot,
you are not expected to contribute a damns thing.

And , anyways, who the hell is in charge of determining what you need?
Certainly not you, its some faceless, soleless, unaccountable bureaucrat,

Art Sackman

Oct 19, 2021, 12:46:32 AM10/19/21
Aim at your feet and shoot
There! Ya got one!!

MiNe109

Oct 19, 2021, 9:42:14 AM10/19/21
I contributed an extra tv to the vendor.

> And , anyways, who the hell is in charge of determining what you
> need? Certainly not you, its some faceless, soleless, unaccountable
> bureaucrat,

It's totally me in this case.

ScottW

Oct 19, 2021, 11:33:29 AM10/19/21
I got a bunch of TVs I don't need. You want 'em?

ScottW

MiNe109

Oct 19, 2021, 12:30:38 PM10/19/21
On 10/19/21 10:33 AM, ScottW wrote:

> I got a bunch of TVs I don't need. You want 'em?

Don't need them. I did actually get a free used tv recently when an
acquaintance upgraded.