MAGA-proofing elections underway

Fascist Flea

Feb 9, 2024, 12:59:37 PMFeb 9
Here's a heartening WaPo story about one state's (Arizona) efforts
to minimize whatever harm MAGA-turds try to inflict in November.

[]
In training poll workers for this year’s presidential election, Arizona
Secretary of State Adrian Fontes is preparing them for a series of
worst-case scenarios, including combat.

His office is coordinating active-shooter drills for election workers and
has sent kits to county election offices that include tourniquets to stem
bleeding, devices to barricade doors and hammers to break glass windows.

Fontes, a Democrat and Marine Corps veteran, doesn’t think he is overreaching.

“We recognize the real and present danger that’s presented by the
conspiracy theories and the lies,” Fontes said. “An ounce of prevention
is really all we can afford right now, and so that’s what we’re going to do.”
[]

The terrorists from MAGA-stan have a lot of Rational people worried.

[]
… election officials are going on offense to keep election workers safe,
educate voters on how the voting and counting processes work,
debunk misinformation, and hold accountable those who try to disrupt
the democratic process.
[]

IOW, corral the perps before they can get off their leashes.