Original docs, Smirnov

mINE109

Feb 21, 2024, 11:14:18 AMFeb 21
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24435391-240220-smirnov-detention

For future reference: Russia, Russia, Russia.

I guess those 51 spooks feel vindicated.

ScottW

Feb 21, 2024, 12:01:05 PMFeb 21
Only a bubble boy could jump from this FBI debacle to Hunter's laptop.
As you grow old those bubble walls get....distorted.

Anyway, the FBI has been paying this guy as a highly trusted, valued, and vetted human source for how long
before suddenly deciding he isn't?

And why didn't they discover the lack of supporting travel docs back when he first made the statement?
Did they not bother to vet his reports? Hmmm....why not?
Seems like they just buried it until the House committee forced 'em to give up the report.

Why would the FBI not do their due diligence until now?

ScottW

mINE109

Feb 21, 2024, 2:25:31 PMFeb 21
On 2/21/24 11:01 AM, ScottW wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 8:14:18 AM UTC-8, mINE109 wrote:
>> https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24435391-240220-smirnov-detention

>> For future reference: Russia, Russia, Russia.

>> I guess those 51 spooks feel vindicated.
>
> Only a bubble boy could jump from this FBI debacle to Hunter's
> laptop. As you grow old those bubble walls get....distorted.

It's not only me. Why would the Russia pipeline only work for double agents?

> Anyway, the FBI has been paying this guy as a highly trusted, valued,
> and vetted human source for how long before suddenly deciding he
> isn't?

Maybe when he started embellishing his story.

Well, the FBI did shut down the investigation before House Republicans
insisted on airing dicey info.

> And why didn't they discover the lack of supporting travel docs back
> when he first made the statement? Did they not bother to vet his
> reports? Hmmm....why not?

Scott Brady lied about it.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24432676-231023-scott-brady-redacted

Q And can you tell us about the process that your office went through to
vet the information that's now contained in this FD-1023?

Mr. Lelling. You can speak generally to that. I would not get into details.

Mr. Brady. So we attempted to use open-source material to check against
what was stated in the 1023. We also interfaced with the CHS' handler
about certain statements relating to travel and meetings to see if they
were consistent with his or her understanding.

Q And did you determine if the information was consistent with the
handler's understanding?

A What we were able to identify, we found that it was consistent. And so
we felt that there were sufficient indicia of credibility in this 1023
to pass it on to an office that had a predicated grand jury investigation.

End quote.

> Seems like they just buried it until the House committee forced 'em
> to give up the report.
>
> Why would the FBI not do their due diligence until now?

The FBI was doing their job. Bill Barr took it out of their hands
sending it to the Delaware AUSA.

Art Sackman

Feb 21, 2024, 3:34:58 PMFeb 21
The spooks can try to dig dig up the imaginary smelly mattress that Trumps. supposed whores supposedlypised on,
and put it in Smirnovs cell, That is the only true path to vindication

mINE109

Feb 21, 2024, 3:46:29 PMFeb 21
Also Russian disinformation.

ScottW

Feb 21, 2024, 9:56:57 PMFeb 21
On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 11:25:31 AM UTC-8, mINE109 wrote:
> On 2/21/24 11:01 AM, ScottW wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 8:14:18 AM UTC-8, mINE109 wrote:
> >> https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24435391-240220-smirnov-detention
>
> >> For future reference: Russia, Russia, Russia.
>
> >> I guess those 51 spooks feel vindicated.
> >
> > Only a bubble boy could jump from this FBI debacle to Hunter's
> > laptop. As you grow old those bubble walls get....distorted.
> It's not only me. Why would the Russia pipeline only work for double agents?

Give it a rest. The laptop authenticity is no longer in question.
Not to the FBI, the DoJ, or anyone with a brain.

> > Anyway, the FBI has been paying this guy as a highly trusted, valued,
> > and vetted human source for how long before suddenly deciding he
> > isn't?
> Maybe when he started embellishing his story.
>
> Well, the FBI did shut down the investigation before House Republicans
> insisted on airing dicey info.
> > And why didn't they discover the lack of supporting travel docs back
> > when he first made the statement? Did they not bother to vet his
> > reports? Hmmm....why not?
> Scott Brady lied about it.
>
> https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24432676-231023-scott-brady-redacted
>
> Q And can you tell us about the process that your office went through to
> vet the information that's now contained in this FD-1023?
>
> Mr. Lelling. You can speak generally to that. I would not get into details.
>
> Mr. Brady. So we attempted to use open-source material to check against
> what was stated in the 1023. We also interfaced with the CHS' handler
> about certain statements relating to travel and meetings to see if they
> were consistent with his or her understanding.
>
> Q And did you determine if the information was consistent with the
> handler's understanding?
>
> A What we were able to identify, we found that it was consistent. And so
> we felt that there were sufficient indicia of credibility in this 1023
> to pass it on to an office that had a predicated grand jury investigation.

And you're able to conclude that is a lie? Wow. Those bubble glasses are crazy thick.

Why wasn't a grand jury with subpoena power convened to further look into this?
In the end...all they had to do was verify the existence of lack of international trips.
But they never did for any of this....until now.
Seems like they almost were afraid of what they might find.

> End quote.
> > Seems like they just buried it until the House committee forced 'em
> > to give up the report.
> >
> > Why would the FBI not do their due diligence until now?
> The FBI was doing their job. Bill Barr took it out of their hands
> sending it to the Delaware AUSA.

Nothing in that testimony says the FBI was told to stop.

ScottW

MINe109

Feb 22, 2024, 11:19:43 AMFeb 22
On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 8:56:57 PM UTC-6, ScottW wrote:

[Test of google groups]

> Why wasn't a grand jury with subpoena power convened to further look into this?
> In the end...all they had to do was verify the existence of lack of international trips.
> But they never did for any of this....until now.
> Seems like they almost were afraid of what they might find.

Brady said he did it.