Hochul exposes the rot

ScottW

Feb 20, 2024, 12:31:36 PMFeb 20
Gov. Kathy Hochul claimed that business people had nothing to worry about — that this only applied to Trump.

Turley replies...that's the real problem.

ScottW

mINE109

Feb 20, 2024, 1:47:30 PMFeb 20
On 2/20/24 11:31 AM, ScottW wrote:
> Gov. Kathy Hochul claimed that business people had nothing to worry about — that this only applied to Trump.
>
> Turley replies...that's the real problem.

Turley is a real problem, true. Hochul is correct that businesses that
don't lie on their disclosure forms have nothing to worry about.

Another famous case of "fraudulently billed ... business expenses":

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/726/929/1740340/

Leona Helmsley.

mINE109

Feb 20, 2024, 1:59:34 PMFeb 20
Bing can be helpful.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2023/10/17/trump-keeps-attacking-this-statute-in-ny-fraud-case-heres-why-his-claims-lack-merit/

SURPRISING FACT

Trump’s claim that statute 63(12) has “never been used before” is false,
with the New York AG using the law to bring lawsuits against such
parties as a leasing company, e-cigarette company JUUL Labs and a
predatory lender company. The Trump Organization case isn’t even the
first time 63(12) has been used against Trump and his businesses, as
former AG Eric Schneiderman previously sued Trump University under the
statute, which resulted in a $25 million settlement in 2018.

End quote.

If you mean a different Trump prosecution, let me know.

ScottW

Feb 20, 2024, 6:40:18 PMFeb 20
On Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 10:59:34 AM UTC-8, mINE109 wrote:
> On 2/20/24 12:47 PM, mINE109 wrote:
> > On 2/20/24 11:31 AM, ScottW wrote:
> >> Gov. Kathy Hochul claimed that business people had nothing to worry
> >> about — that this only applied to Trump.
> >>
> >> Turley replies...that's the real problem.
> >
> > Turley is a real problem, true. Hochul is correct that businesses that
> > don't lie on their disclosure forms have nothing to worry about.
> >
> > Another famous case of "fraudulently billed ... business expenses":
> >
> > https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/726/929/1740340/
> >
> > Leona Helmsley.
> Bing can be helpful.

and full of crap....but you'll buy into anything that supports your bubble view.

All you need to ask and answer is this simple question.
Would this case have ever been filed if Trump had refrained from entering politics?

If you can answer that honestly, you'll know were in the age of gov't political persecution.

ScottW

Fascist Flea

Feb 20, 2024, 7:17:24 PMFeb 20
Witlessmongrel battens down their anti-reality hatches.

> Would this case have ever been filed if Trump had refrained from entering politics?
> If you can answer that honestly, you'll know were in the age of gov't political persecution.

Your irrational faith does not constitute knowledge, dumbass.

How far gone are you, by your own estimation?

mINE109

Feb 21, 2024, 10:30:16 AMFeb 21
On 2/20/24 5:40 PM, ScottW wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 10:59:34 AM UTC-8, mINE109 wrote:

>>> Turley is a real problem, true. Hochul is correct that businesses that
>>> don't lie on their disclosure forms have nothing to worry about.
>>>
>>> Another famous case of "fraudulently billed ... business expenses":
>>>
>>> https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/726/929/1740340/
>>>
>>> Leona Helmsley.
>> Bing can be helpful.
>
> and full of crap....but you'll buy into anything that supports your bubble view.

It's not a bubble when it's verifiable and publicly available. Notice I
linked a court proceeding and you linked a Jonathan Turley hot take, so
maybe the pot is calling the kettle black as far as "bubble views" go.

> All you need to ask and answer is this simple question.
> Would this case have ever been filed if Trump had refrained from entering politics?

Should have been. The Trump University lawsuit preceded his candidacy.

> If you can answer that honestly, you'll know were in the age of gov't political persecution.
The good old days, when real estate developers could commit fraud
without legal consequence?

https://time.com/6215419/trump-legal-trouble-key-strategies/

Hed: How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay,
and Don’t Put Anything in Writing

Art Sackman

Feb 21, 2024, 3:39:53 PMFeb 21
no lie he put down what his appraisers estimated the value to be.
He didn't lie about what their estimates were

mINE109

Feb 21, 2024, 4:00:29 PMFeb 21
On 2/21/24 2:39 PM, Art Sackman wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 1:47:30 PM UTC-5, mINE109 wrote:

>> businesses that don't lie on their disclosure forms have nothing to worry
>> about.

> no lie he put down what his appraisers estimated the value to be.
> He didn't lie about what their estimates were

His fraud is a legal fact.

https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/documenttools/ef72526861902856/1e996397-full.pdf

Blame the Accountants
The crux of the defense at trial was that defendants relied on their
accountants, mainly Mazars, but sometimes Whitley Penn, to make sure
that the SFCs were accurate, and that responsibility for any
misrepresentations lies with the accountants, not defendants .
Donald Trump, Jr. and Eric Trump testified several times that they
would have relied on their accountants to find any errors in the SFCs
supporting data.

As an initial matter, the Court notes that neither Mazars, nor Whitley
Penn, nor Donald Bender, is a defendant in this action, nor did
defendants ever attempt to implead them as third party defendants. More
significantly, however, this defense is wholly undercut by the
overwhelming evidence adduced at trial demonstrating that Mazars and
Whitley Penn relied on the Trump Organization, not vice versa, to be
truthful and accurate, and they had a right to do so...

Donald Trump himself acknowledged that, as was certified to in the
Management Representation Letters, he was responsible for the
preparation and fair presentation of financial statements.
There is overwhelming evidence from both interested and non-interested
witnesses, corroborated by documentary evidence, that the buck for being
truthful in the supporting data valuations stopped with the Trump
Organization, not the accountants. Moreover, the Trump Organization
intentionally engaged their accountants to perform compilations, as
opposed to reviews or audits, which provided the lowest level of
scrutiny and rely on the representations and information provided by the
client; compilation engagements make clear that the accountants will not
inquire, assess fraud risk, or test the accounting records.

End quote.

Also, too, there's the falsifying business records part.

Fascist Flea

Feb 21, 2024, 4:40:06 PMFeb 21
mINE109 wrote:

> Also, too, there's the falsifying business records part.

The delusions run deep in Dumpster-stan. Overbite went on TV and
squawked his outrage at the persecution of Idiot Baby. No one knew
this, but according to Eric, Dumpy "built the New York skyline".

Engoron's summary of the whole clan's estrangement from Reality
should headline the next constitutional amendment. "No pathological liar
may seek any Federal elective office, on penalty of imprisonment for life."

ScottW

Feb 21, 2024, 9:16:54 PMFeb 21
On Wednesday, February 21, 2024 at 1:00:29 PM UTC-8, mINE109 wrote:
> On 2/21/24 2:39 PM, Art Sackman wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 1:47:30 PM UTC-5, mINE109 wrote:
>
> >> businesses that don't lie on their disclosure forms have nothing to worry
> >> about.
> > no lie he put down what his appraisers estimated the value to be.
> > He didn't lie about what their estimates were
> His fraud is a legal fact.

The banks that loaned him the money disagree.

ScottW