I Don't Feel Sick...

BTR1701

Dec 30, 2021, 10:23:32 PM12/30/21
..but I believe it's a smart decision for me to stand in line for six
hours in near-freezing weather and get a test to see if the government
tells me I am. And to do it all again tomorrow. And the day after.

You can never be too careful.

trotsky

Dec 30, 2021, 11:11:03 PM12/30/21
It's their freedom to do so. You're criticizing freedoms now? How low
are you going to sink? Hey at least you have your buddy Ian to back you
up, or whatever he does that involves the word "back."

chromebook test

Dec 30, 2021, 11:18:43 PM12/30/21
Our family this year could not gather for the seasonal gift exchange and large meal until a few days after Christmas. So the meal on the 25th this year we decided to go out to a free public event . The place was quite crowded. I estimate over half the attendees when we were there were well over 50 years of age , with a good mix of little ones . I only saw a few people wearing masks, maybe two or three in a group of several hundred . Santa wasn't wearing a mask and the musician upstairs playing a portable digital piano and leading a sing-a-long of carols didn't wear a mask either. The only restriction was on tobacco smoking which is the norm even before covid. Near the end of the event I walked 3/4 of a mile off property in the rain for a smoke. Good time all around, without masks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Polen+Farms+Kettering+Ohio

It's good to be returning to normal. (2 seniors danced in the middle of the dinner hall, LOL, they were old but graceful, and unmasked)

(for the record, 2 of us had the full schedule of vaxx, the other 2 hadn't had any, mime is inoculated naturally from a mild infection a year ago)

NoBody

Dec 31, 2021, 11:16:15 AM12/31/21
On Thu, 30 Dec 2021 21:23:23 -0600, BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
The American sheeple at work...

NoBody

Dec 31, 2021, 11:17:37 AM12/31/21
So it's their freedom to gather in crowds to find out that they don't
have the virus but very likely they will be passing the virus around
by someone being sick in line. Nothing like causing your own
problems.

Ed Stasiak

Dec 31, 2021, 11:38:45 AM12/31/21
> BTR1701
>
> ..but I believe it's a smart decision for me to stand in line for six
> hours in near-freezing weather and get a test to see if the government
> tells me I am. And to do it all again tomorrow. And the day after.

Woke up Christmas morning to discover I had been bitten on the face
by a spider overnight while I slept. My right cheek and lower eyelid
were all red and swollen (no superpowers detected as of yet) and went
to the urgent care Monday morning as I couldn’t get in to see my doctor,
where they gave me a steroid shot (no roidrage as of yet either) and pills,
plus I gotta take Benadryl.

From the time I left home to when I got back, took FOUR (4) FUCKING
HOURS as there were a bazillion people there trying to get covid tests.

Also, fuck spiders, they're now on my hitlist whereas I used to let them
go outside if I caught one.

chromebook test

Dec 31, 2021, 11:49:35 AM12/31/21
I would handle a hundred snakes (and have) before wittingly handling a spider. I hate those fuckers!

Hope you get better soon Ed!

TAGS: mimecampcounselorandamateurherpetologist

moviePig

Dec 31, 2021, 11:52:23 AM12/31/21
Nothing promotes a sense of well-being like hours spent in a room with
dozens of people who suspect they have Covid. Otoh, iirc, Benadryl plus
a milk protein acts against it, so if you stopped at Dairy Queen...

Rhino

Dec 31, 2021, 11:55:04 AM12/31/21
On 2021-12-30 10:23 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> ..but I believe it's a smart decision for me to stand in line for six
> hours in near-freezing weather

Near-freezing weather? In LA?? You must be talking about people in other
parts of the country - or my country.... ;-)

> and get a test to see if the government
> tells me I am. And to do it all again tomorrow. And the day after.
>
> You can never be too careful.

I guess I'm old-fashioned; I don't seek tests or medical treatment until
I don't feel well (aside from the routine tests my doctor asks for to
monitor ongoing conditions).

Who in his right mind is going to spend hours in line every day on the
off-chance that a test reveals they have something wrong? Oh wait, the
sheeple who have been brainwashed into sheer paranoia over Covid, right?

--
Rhino

RichA

Dec 31, 2021, 11:55:15 AM12/31/21
Ha ha! It was EIGHT HOURS for the SHEEP in Toronto and it was -4 deg. C. Then they were told, "sorry, all out!!" I'm surprised the liquor stores (!!!) where they handed out the tests weren't looted and burned!!

RichA

Dec 31, 2021, 11:55:59 AM12/31/21
There is not free about it, Mary. More and more permanent restrictions are being placed on the unvaccinated and untested every day.

BTR1701

Dec 31, 2021, 12:28:11 PM12/31/21
chromebook test <chromiu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, December 30, 2021 at 10:23:32 PM UTC-5, BTR1701 wrote:

>> ...but I believe it's a smart decision for me to stand in line for six
>> hours in near-freezing weather and get a test to see if the government
>> tells me I am. And to do it all again tomorrow. And the day after.
>>
>> You can never be too careful.
>
> Our family this year could not gather for the seasonal gift exchange and
> large meal until a few days after Christmas. So the meal on the 25th this
> year we decided to go out to a free public event . The place was quite
> crowded. I estimate over half the attendees when we were there were well
> over 50 years of age , with a good mix of little ones . I only saw a few
> people wearing masks, maybe two or three in a group of several hundred .
> Santa wasn't wearing a mask and the musician upstairs playing a portable
> digital piano and leading a sing-a-long of carols didn't wear a mask
> either. The only restriction was on tobacco smoking which is the norm
> even before covid. Near the end of the event I walked 3/4 of a mile off
> property in the rain for a smoke. Good time all around, without masks.
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=Polen+Farms+Kettering+Ohio
>
> It's good to be returning to normal. (2 seniors danced in the middle of
> the dinner hall, LOL, they were old but graceful, and unmasked)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yapvtwd9thwcron/Omicron.jpg?dl=0

BTR1701

Dec 31, 2021, 12:28:11 PM12/31/21

trotsky

Dec 31, 2021, 2:22:00 PM12/31/21
That's a cool graphic, I'm not sure I've seen anything more apropos of
nothing than it.

shawn

Dec 31, 2021, 2:26:32 PM12/31/21
On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 11:52:11 -0500, moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com>
wrote:
A new product idea for the DQ. Benadryl laced ice creams, especially
the Blizzards.

trotsky

Dec 31, 2021, 2:31:22 PM12/31/21
On 12/31/2021 10:55 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 December 2021 at 23:11:03 UTC-5, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On 12/30/2021 9:23 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> ..but I believe it's a smart decision for me to stand in line for six
>>> hours in near-freezing weather and get a test to see if the government
>>> tells me I am. And to do it all again tomorrow. And the day after.
>>>
>>> You can never be too careful.
>> It's their freedom to do so. You're criticizing freedoms now? How low
>> are you going to sink? Hey at least you have your buddy Ian to back you
>> up, or whatever he does that involves the word "back."
>
> There is not free about it, Mary.

Seek help dude, your brain is FUCKED.

EGK

Dec 31, 2021, 7:53:16 PM12/31/21
I don't understand these testing shortages. I caught the flu a couple of
weeks ago and just made an appointment online to go to a local Kinney's drug
store for a Covid test just to be sure. It was all done in the car in the
drive-thru lane. I got the negative PSR results in two days.

The Horny Goat

Dec 31, 2021, 8:50:20 PM12/31/21
On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 11:54:58 -0500, Rhino
<no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:

>On 2021-12-30 10:23 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> ..but I believe it's a smart decision for me to stand in line for six
>> hours in near-freezing weather

Funny - Google says its 52F in LA which is hardly freezing.

I doubt too many Angelenos spent an hour outside earlier today
shovelling snow as I did!

BTR1701

Dec 31, 2021, 9:08:08 PM12/31/21
The Horny Goat <lcr...@home.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 11:54:58 -0500, Rhino
> <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-12-30 10:23 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> ..but I believe it's a smart decision for me to stand in line for six
>>> hours in near-freezing weather
>
> Funny - Google says its 52F in LA which is hardly freezing.

I'm not currently in L.A., nor did I actually stand in line for a Wuhan Flu
test. I was parodying the people I see on the news standing in blocks-long
lines in frigid weather to get tested even though they feel fine.

A Friend

Dec 31, 2021, 10:00:57 PM12/31/21
In article <bcSdnQYYOasdKlL8...@giganews.com>, BTR1701
I do not understand this either. Waiting in line to get a shot, that I
get. But to be tested? And what do you do then? Get tested the
following week, too? What good does that do?

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 31, 2021, 10:21:40 PM12/31/21
A Friend wrote:
>BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>I'm not currently in L.A., nor did I actually stand in line for a Wuhan Flu
>>test. I was parodying the people I see on the news standing in blocks-long
>>lines in frigid weather to get tested even though they feel fine.

>I do not understand this either. Waiting in line to get a shot, that I
>get. But to be tested? And what do you do then? Get tested the
>following week, too? What good does that do?

A friend was told he was possibly exposed to someone with COVID. There
was a city testing facility literally at the end of the block he lives
on. He walked over Tuesday.

He still hasn't gotten his test results back.

Get tested, but we won't tell you the result on a timely basis, or at
all.

suzeeq

Dec 31, 2021, 10:51:18 PM12/31/21
I suppose it's all those people who want to make sure before they go to
parties. I wouldn't get tested unless I felt ill, and maybe not even then.

anim8rfsk

Dec 31, 2021, 10:53:12 PM12/31/21
My ex’s husband is sick. They think it’s just the flu but she spent the
whole day trying to find a Covid test for him and they’re all sold out. I
have my own unused one still sitting here (that was gonna be my big plans
for New Year’s Eve, take a Covid test) so I told her she could have mine.

anim8rfsk

Dec 31, 2021, 11:32:18 PM12/31/21
While waiting for my Uber today I had some bum take a liking to me,
probably homeless, smoking, disheveled, disoriented, talking about his
probation and the clinic and he was right in my face and then he touched me
and as soon as he was out of sight I ran for the disinfectant wipes they
keep for before you touch the shopping carts.

But if I get the Covid we know where it came from.

BTR1701

Dec 31, 2021, 11:59:35 PM12/31/21
I don't let those assholes get within 10 feet of me.

anim8rfsk

Jan 1, 2022, 1:46:46 AMJan 1
I was sitting in the corner of a concrete bench looking at my phone and
suddenly he was just on top of me there was nowhere to go.

BTR1701

Jan 1, 2022, 2:49:16 AMJan 1
They come up to me at gas stations all the time. When they're about 20 feet
away, I tell them to get get the fuck away from me and warn them not to
come any closer.

People are randomly attacked by these assholes every single day. No way I'm
letting them get anywhere near me.

trotsky

Jan 1, 2022, 3:17:28 AMJan 1
That's cool, you've invented anti-social distancing. Of course it's
your an anonyshit, so you can invent any version of yourself you want,
and you're a chronic liar.

trotsky

Jan 1, 2022, 3:18:39 AMJan 1
Are facts one of those "assholes?" LOL!!!

trotsky

Jan 1, 2022, 3:42:04 AMJan 1
On 12/31/2021 8:08 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> The Horny Goat <lcr...@home.ca> wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 11:54:58 -0500, Rhino
>> <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:

>> Funny - Google says its 52F in LA which is hardly freezing.
>
> I'm not currently in L.A.,

That's all you fucking talk about you fucking piece of dog shit.

anim8rfsk

Jan 1, 2022, 7:50:48 AMJan 1
I wish I hadn’t.

EGK

Jan 1, 2022, 9:31:33 AMJan 1
This is what i'm not understanding. Why do people need to pay for their own
testing kits when you can get tested for free at most pharmacies?

At least around here and in other states where people I know live. I have
multiple Rite-aid, Walgreens, Kinneys, CVS stores all within a 10-15 mile
radius. All were offering free tests with 1-2 day appointment times and
then a day (for the rapid test) and it took 2 days for my PSR test result.

Is it urban areas where people don't always have cars to get around that
this is happening?

trotsky

Jan 1, 2022, 9:36:54 AMJan 1
On 1/1/2022 1:49 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
More proof that you can't beat tough talkin' anonyshits!

anim8rfsk

Jan 1, 2022, 11:55:16 AMJan 1
EGK <memy...@null.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 20:53:08 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> EGK <memy...@null.net> wrote:

>>> I don't understand these testing shortages. I caught the flu a couple of
>>> weeks ago and just made an appointment online to go to a local Kinney's drug
>>> store for a Covid test just to be sure. It was all done in the car in the
>>> drive-thru lane. I got the negative PSR results in two days.
>>>

>> My ex’s husband is sick. They think it’s just the flu but she spent the
>> whole day trying to find a Covid test for him and they’re all sold out. I
>> have my own unused one still sitting here (that was gonna be my big plans
>> for New Year’s Eve, take a Covid test) so I told her she could have mine.
>
> This is what i'm not understanding. Why do people need to pay for their own
> testing kits when you can get tested for free at most pharmacies?

Two testing kits, delivered free from the Walmart, $15.

Uber ride to the pharmacy yesterday. Seven dollars up, $30 back.

> At least around here and in other states where people I know live. I have
> multiple Rite-aid, Walgreens, Kinneys, CVS stores all within a 10-15 mile
> radius. All were offering free tests with 1-2 day appointment times and
> then a day (for the rapid test) and it took 2 days for my PSR test result.

The Walgreens here doesn’t offer appointments. You just have to go in and
wait until they get to you. It could be 30 seconds or it could be an hour.

> Is it urban areas where people don't always have cars to get around that
> this is happening?

EGK

Jan 1, 2022, 12:05:27 PMJan 1
On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 09:55:12 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>EGK <memy...@null.net> wrote:

>>> My ex?s husband is sick. They think it?s just the flu but she spent the
>>> whole day trying to find a Covid test for him and they?re all sold out. I
>>> have my own unused one still sitting here (that was gonna be my big plans
>>> for New Year?s Eve, take a Covid test) so I told her she could have mine.
>>
>> This is what i'm not understanding. Why do people need to pay for their own
>> testing kits when you can get tested for free at most pharmacies?
>>

>Two testing kits, delivered free from the Walmart, $15.

From what I gathered, the home kits or even the rapid tests at pharmacies
can be quite innacurate. I meant to take one of those when I got tested to
get the results sooner but I must have mis clicked because when I got there
they had me down for the PCR test. That turned out better anyway as
they're supposed to be more accurate and it only took an extra day.

>Uber ride to the pharmacy yesterday. Seven dollars up, $30 back.

So it does seem like a travel thing then which is especially likely in urban
areas.

I've never cared for the idea of living in a large city anyway. Democrat
leadership and policies have created a situation where they don't seem like
they'll be happy until every big city in the country is like something out
of the movie, Escape from New York.

Ed Stasiak

Jan 1, 2022, 12:35:24 PMJan 1
> anim8rfsk
>
> Uber ride to the pharmacy yesterday. Seven dollars up, $30 back.

Why was the ride back so much more?

suzeeq

Jan 1, 2022, 12:47:07 PMJan 1
The driver takes the scenic route....

anim8rfsk

Jan 1, 2022, 1:03:36 PMJan 1
Believe it or not because it was New Year’s eve afternoon and they were
busy. My phone actually lit up and said we are busy so rides will be more
expensive. I had to wait a half an hour while my hot soup got cold and my
cold food got hot for a ride. Now I can understand a delay because they’re
busy but I have no idea how they possibly justify “we’re charging you more
because we’re busy”

anim8rfsk

Jan 1, 2022, 1:03:38 PMJan 1
:p

chromebook test

Jan 1, 2022, 1:30:12 PMJan 1
There is a surcharge for transporting drugs ...

moviePig

Jan 1, 2022, 2:39:42 PMJan 1
On 1/1/2022 1:03 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ed Stasiak <edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> anim8rfsk
>>>
>>> Uber ride to the pharmacy yesterday. Seven dollars up, $30 back.
>>
>> Why was the ride back so much more?
>>

> Believe it or not because it was New Year’s eve afternoon and they were
> busy. My phone actually lit up and said we are busy so rides will be more
> expensive. I had to wait a half an hour while my hot soup got cold and my
> cold food got hot for a ride. Now I can understand a delay because they’re
> busy but I have no idea how they possibly justify “we’re charging you more
> because we’re busy”

Here, we should pay a little lip-service to the backhanded benefits of
price-gouging ...for giving true desperation at least *some* recourse.

moviePig

Jan 1, 2022, 2:42:05 PMJan 1
The ride "to" is discretionary. The ride "back", captive...

The Horny Goat

Jan 1, 2022, 2:43:14 PMJan 1
In our area I'm told vaccine lines are now relatively short
(presumably due to the Canadian 'fully vaccinated' rate now above 75%)
with most going right into the building where they're being done in
our area. I'm booked for a booster new Wednesday and I would NOT be
happy to have to wait as long in a line outdoors as I did last June
and August.

Back then both days were beautiful summer days (and a pleasure to be
away from work in such lovely weather) - right now I've been daily
shovelling snow!

moviePig

Jan 1, 2022, 2:43:47 PMJan 1
In college, I wouldn't take any drug that wasn't transporting...

chromebook test

Jan 1, 2022, 2:59:25 PMJan 1
All of my trips in college were by foot. I didn't take drugs or have a car .

BTR1701

Jan 1, 2022, 11:22:59 PMJan 1
A lot of them will hit positive on certain fruits. I know a guy who got out
of dinner with his in-laws by using an orange to produce a positive Wuhan
Flu test.

The Horny Goat

Jan 2, 2022, 2:11:47 AMJan 2
On Sat, 1 Jan 2022 14:43:40 -0500, moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com>
wrote:

>> There is a surcharge for transporting drugs ...
>
>In college, I wouldn't take any drug that wasn't transporting...

Heh heh - with the exception of a single shot of skreech (1) to toast
a Newfie classmate who had just written his last exam I don't think I
ever drank anything but beer in grad school (I will plead the fifth on
quantity!) except the bottle of champagne my girlfriend (we married
the following August) brought to my TA's office to toast completion of
our final final exams with my TA partner.

(1) somebody told me skreech was supposed to be drunk 'down the
hatches!" which was a very bad mistake as skreech is about 80 proof.
It was probably the only time in my life I've been woozy from alcohol!

When I later visited Newfoundland 20 years later I found they sold it
in two liter plastic bottles similar to soft drinks and bought two -
one for us one for my father in law who took pride in his varied bar

trotsky

Jan 2, 2022, 6:16:06 AMJan 2
Sounds like bad news for Anim8r.

Ubiquitous

Jan 2, 2022, 9:49:28 AMJan 2
memy...@null.net wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2021 20:53:08 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>> EGK <memy...@null.net> wrote:

>>> I don't understand these testing shortages. I caught the flu a couple
>>> of weeks ago and just made an appointment online to go to a local Kinney's
>>> drug store for a Covid test just to be sure. It was all done in the car
>>> in the drive-thru lane. I got the negative PSR results in two days.
>>
>>My ex’s husband is sick. They think it’s just the flu but she spent the
>>whole day trying to find a Covid test for him and they’re all sold out. I
>>have my own unused one still sitting here (that was gonna be my big plans
>>for New Year’s Eve, take a Covid test) so I told her she could have mine.
>
>This is what i'm not understanding. Why do people need to pay for their own
>testing kits when you can get tested for free at most pharmacies?

You can thank Resident Joke Biden for fucking up something that was perfectly
fine before he showed up.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ubiquitous

Jan 2, 2022, 9:54:10 AMJan 2
lcr...@home.ca wrote:
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

>>> There is a surcharge for transporting drugs ...
>>
>>In college, I wouldn't take any drug that wasn't transporting...
>
>Heh heh - with the exception of a single shot of skreech

I think the marketting department for SAVED BY THE BELL messed up.

Ubiquitous

Jan 2, 2022, 9:55:16 AMJan 2
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ed Stasiak <edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> anim8rfsk

>>> Uber ride to the pharmacy yesterday. Seven dollars up, $30 back.
>>
>> Why was the ride back so much more?
>
>Believe it or not because it was New Year’s eve afternoon and they were
>busy. My phone actually lit up and said we are busy so rides will be more
>expensive. I had to wait a half an hour while my hot soup got cold and my
>cold food got hot for a ride. Now I can understand a delay because they’re
>busy but I have no idea how they possibly justify “we’re charging you
>more because we’re busy”

The supply of law and demand?

The Horny Goat

Jan 3, 2022, 11:48:37 AMJan 3
On Sun, 02 Jan 2022 09:49:06 -0500, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

>>This is what i'm not understanding. Why do people need to pay for their own
>>testing kits when you can get tested for free at most pharmacies?
>
>You can thank Resident Joke Biden for fucking up something that was perfectly
>fine before he showed up.

Could be worse - in our province our government has chosen to keep
them ALL for use by first responders and airports. There are NONE
available in local pharmacies.

Our daughter and boyfriend were here from the UK in October and
promised to bring us a couple dozen of them but regretably forgot...

Micky DuPree

Jan 15, 2022, 12:13:34 AM (11 days ago) Jan 15
A Friend <no...@noway.com> writes:

> Waiting in line to get a shot, that I get. But to be tested? And
> what do you do then? Get tested the following week, too? What good
> does that do?

Two of my friends tested positive in just the last three days. One of
them is now isolating from his husband (though that's probably a
hopeless cause) and not going out even for groceries.

The other has reported in sick to his employer, which is supportive of
his staying home the recommended number of days (and since he has the
positive test, he gets paid for those days off). His wife, currently
out of town, is not going to see him again until he's tested negative.

I assume that if they had tested negative, the first would still be
picking up groceries, and the second would be going to work.

I also assume that there are some people who still visit other people,
not limited to, but especially including people who look in on their
elderly parents, who will not make those visits unless they test
negative. There are undoubtedly some people who want to travel, but who
will decide not to if they test positive.

I can think of all kinds of behavior that people might want to change
based on their test results.

-Micky

BTR1701

Jan 15, 2022, 12:31:21 AM (11 days ago) Jan 15
Since this omicron thing barely results in even a mild cold and therefore
effectively acts as a natural vaccine, rather than engaging in a futile
effort to stop it from spreading, why wouldn't we encourage the spread
among as many people as possible and give them a much stronger natural
immunity, which would be insurance against any more aggressive future
variants?

Given that the Omicron variant has been spreading like wildfire, experts
believe that many will be infected during this wave. But while most cases
have been reported as 'mild', some doctors and virologists claim that it
could lead to widespread immunity and that the new variant could act as a
'natural vaccine'.

Professor Ian Jones, a virologist at the University of Reading, recently
backed the idea of Omicron becoming nature's own vaccine. He said that much
like the flu, Omicron does not pose any dangers to healthy and fit people.
Emphasizing on the risks involved, he said that contracting the Omicron
could boost the immunity without causing a serious illness.

Similarly, in an interview with the PTI, Dr Pradeep Awate, state
surveillance officer, said, "We hope this trend continues. If this happens,
Omicron will act as a natural vaccination and may help in its (COVID-19)
progression towards an endemic stage."

suzeeq

Jan 15, 2022, 12:47:17 AM (11 days ago) Jan 15
On 1/14/2022 9:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Micky DuPree <MDu...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>> A Friend <no...@noway.com> writes:
>>
>>> Waiting in line to get a shot, that I get. But to be tested? And
>>> what do you do then? Get tested the following week, too? What good
>>> does that do?
>>
>> Two of my friends tested positive in just the last three days. One of
>> them is now isolating from his husband (though that's probably a
>> hopeless cause) and not going out even for groceries.
>>
>> The other has reported in sick to his employer, which is supportive of
>> his staying home the recommended number of days (and since he has the
>> positive test, he gets paid for those days off). His wife, currently
>> out of town, is not going to see him again until he's tested negative.
>>
>> I assume that if they had tested negative, the first would still be
>> picking up groceries, and the second would be going to work.
>>
>> I also assume that there are some people who still visit other people,
>> not limited to, but especially including people who look in on their
>> elderly parents, who will not make those visits unless they test
>> negative. There are undoubtedly some people who want to travel, but who
>> will decide not to if they test positive.
>>
>> I can think of all kinds of behavior that people might want to change
>> based on their test results.
>
> Since this omicron thing barely results in even a mild cold and therefore

It's more than a mild cold in the unvaccinated. One of my sons isn't and
he got it. But he didn't feel well for several days, he said it was like
a bad cold with muscle aches.

Micky DuPree

Jan 15, 2022, 2:08:24 AM (11 days ago) Jan 15
The Horny Goat <lcr...@home.ca> writes:

> On Sun, 02 Jan 2022 09:49:06 -0500, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
> wrote:

>>> This is what i'm not understanding. Why do people need to pay for
>>> their own testing kits when you can get tested for free at most
>>> pharmacies?

I don't know about the state of the missing attributee, but it's not
"for free" here. It gets charged to the insurance companies. If you
want to take home a test kit, then you pay up front and -- at least now
-- submit the receipt to your insurance company. Before, you could be
out of pocket for it if it wasn't ordered by your doctor or paid for by
your employer or your school.

>> You can thank Resident Joke Biden for fucking up something that was
>> perfectly fine before he showed up.

I don't know who was taking home all the free kits they could carry
before Biden showed up. Maybe that's why there's a shortage ... (Yes,
that was a joke.)

I think Biden is trying to keep as much of the healthcare industry still
privately channeled as possible, partly for political reasons, and
partly because he doesn't want to simply create a new cabinet-level
bureau or office of pandemic management when there's no way to get
funding for such through Congress. So there's a patchwork of
sub-offices in multiple existing public-sector branches, and much of the
private-sector production has been allowed to respond to inchaote market
forces that are still using last month's numbers to generate this
month's production schedule.

Something Biden could do is invoke the Defense Production Act, and while
I think he should do so for numerous pandemic related reasons, again I
think he's reluctant to do so for his own ideological reasons and for
political reasons. For one thing, he does not believe in Medicare for
All, and might see centralized pandemic materiel as the beginning of
that. For another, just imagine all the rightist howling and whining
about "Blah-blah Democrats just want to be totalitarians and control
every aspect of the economy blah-blah" if all that manufacturing and
distribution were suddenly centralized under public-sector control.

It's interesting how everything in the universe is now all Biden's
fault, yet halos adorn the heads of Cheeto Benito and his mini-me
DeathSantis, who has been deliberately suppressing the use of tests
under his control, evidently, to use his hero's words, "[...] if we
didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases." This is why
Florida is one of the states that's leading the country in excess death
statistics.

> Could be worse - in our province our government has chosen to keep
> them ALL for use by first responders and airports. There are NONE
> available in local pharmacies.

So no one manufactures tests in Canada?

-Micky

trotsky

Jan 15, 2022, 6:27:45 AM (11 days ago) Jan 15
On 1/14/2022 11:31 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Micky DuPree <MDu...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>> A Friend <no...@noway.com> writes:
>>
>>> Waiting in line to get a shot, that I get. But to be tested? And
>>> what do you do then? Get tested the following week, too? What good
>>> does that do?
>>
>> Two of my friends tested positive in just the last three days. One of
>> them is now isolating from his husband (though that's probably a
>> hopeless cause) and not going out even for groceries.
>>
>> The other has reported in sick to his employer, which is supportive of
>> his staying home the recommended number of days (and since he has the
>> positive test, he gets paid for those days off). His wife, currently
>> out of town, is not going to see him again until he's tested negative.
>>
>> I assume that if they had tested negative, the first would still be
>> picking up groceries, and the second would be going to work.
>>
>> I also assume that there are some people who still visit other people,
>> not limited to, but especially including people who look in on their
>> elderly parents, who will not make those visits unless they test
>> negative. There are undoubtedly some people who want to travel, but who
>> will decide not to if they test positive.
>>
>> I can think of all kinds of behavior that people might want to change
>> based on their test results.
>
> Since this omicron thing barely results in even a mild cold

That's so weird! The media keeps tell me hospitals are filled to
capacity, including ICUs. Are they lying, or are you too stupid and
weak to admit the truth. My money's on the latter. You're like "RichA"
now, begging to be called a piece of shit, presumably because you don't
have your job to do that for you anymore. That's gotta suck.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 15, 2022, 7:19:01 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
Micky DuPree <MDu...@theworld.com.snip.to.reply> wrote:
>The Horny Goat <lcr...@home.ca> writes:

>I don't know about the state of the missing attributee, . . .

Gawd forbid you should ever post your followup to the actual article
instead of piggybacking, but then, you've got nearly everyone on Usenet
killfiled.

It's so odd that you keep reading the words of everyone you claim to
have killfiled. You don't seem to understand the concept of ignoring
someone. You don't want conversation only the last word. Do you actually
need to be on Usenet for that?

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 15, 2022, 7:20:26 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
Did they actually run DNA on the germ sample to prove it was Omicron?

>>. . .

shawn

Jan 15, 2022, 9:21:15 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
I can't help but wonder if I had it last week or just a cold. I am
fully vaccinated and was signed up to get a booster but on the morning
of the booster shot I wasn't feeling great so I decided to postpone it
a week or two. Spent the next few days with a constantly runny nose
and slept during most of my free time. Otherwise I felt fine and was
good as new after about three days. Now I just need to reschedule the
booster shot. Seems like they have plenty of opens slots available but
they are requiring people to sign up. So no walk ins allowed for now.

Your Name

Jan 15, 2022, 9:58:58 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
On 2022-01-16 02:21:09 +0000, shawn said:
> I can't help but wonder if I had it last week or just a cold. I am
> fully vaccinated and was signed up to get a booster but on the morning
> of the booster shot I wasn't feeling great so I decided to postpone it
> a week or two. Spent the next few days with a constantly runny nose
> and slept during most of my free time. Otherwise I felt fine and was
> good as new after about three days. Now I just need to reschedule the
> booster shot. Seems like they have plenty of opens slots available but
> they are requiring people to sign up. So no walk ins allowed for now.

Here in New Zealand you're meant to get tested if you feel unwell with
any Covid-like symptoms, because for some people it can be very mild
but spreading it is still a problem for others. While waiting for the
test results you're also meant to stay at home in self-isolation.

suzeeq

Jan 15, 2022, 11:03:59 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
I guess it was omicron, given the positive test and the symptoms. And he
lives in TN.

trotsky

Jan 16, 2022, 5:32:25 AM (10 days ago) Jan 16
On 1/15/2022 8:58 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2022-01-16 02:21:09 +0000, shawn said:
>> I can't help but wonder if I had it last week or just a cold. I am
>> fully vaccinated and was signed up to get a booster but on the morning
>> of the booster shot I wasn't feeling great so I decided to postpone it
>> a week or two. Spent the next few days with a constantly runny nose
>> and slept during most of my free time. Otherwise I felt fine and was
>> good as new after about three days. Now I just need to reschedule the
>> booster shot. Seems like they have plenty of opens slots available but
>> they are requiring people to sign up. So no walk ins allowed for now.
>
> Here in New Zealand

Who gives a fuck? Sheep?

Ubiquitous

Jan 19, 2022, 1:33:13 PM (6 days ago) Jan 19
MDu...@theworld.com wrote:

>It's interesting how everything in the universe is now all Biden's
>fault, yet halos adorn the heads of Cheeto Benito and his mini-me
>DeathSantis, who has been deliberately suppressing the use of tests
>under his control, evidently, to use his hero's words, "[...] if we
>didn't do any testing, we would have very few cases." This is why
>Florida is one of the states that's leading the country in excess death
>statistics.

TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

It would behoove you to stick to the facts. Florida was one of the states that
handled the Wuhan Flu epidemic best.