Voter "rights" How many things can you do without valid I.D.?

RichA

Jan 18, 2022, 7:20:08 PM1/18/22
-Go to an R-rated movie? No.
-Buy alcohol? No.
-Buy a gun? No.
-Claim welfare? No.
-Get a driver license? No.
-Get a tax refund? No.
-Travel abroad? No.
-Take out a library book? No.

So why no I.D. to vote?

BTR1701

Jan 18, 2022, 7:26:26 PM1/18/22
Democrats don't want you to show an ID to vote so they can get elected and
require you to show an ID to buy food.

RichA

Jan 18, 2022, 7:31:03 PM1/18/22
You won't have to buy. You'll be given your weekly ration of soylent yellow.

suzeeq

Jan 18, 2022, 9:04:45 PM1/18/22
Hyperbole.

BTR1701

Jan 18, 2022, 9:18:56 PM1/18/22
Not where I live, it isn't. Maybe you haven't had the pleasure of living with
a vaccine passport to do pretty much anything, but here it's not hyperbole.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 18, 2022, 9:49:23 PM1/18/22
RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

>-Go to an R-rated movie? No.

I've never showed ID.

>-Buy alcohol? No.
>-Buy a gun? No.

Texas doesn't require ID.

>-Claim welfare? No.
>-Get a driver license? No.

>-Get a tax refund? No.

That's a lie.

>-Travel abroad? No.
>-Take out a library book? No.

>So why no I.D. to vote?

Because you're already registered to vote.

moviePig

Jan 18, 2022, 10:36:09 PM1/18/22
Umm... maybe because lots of folks would do most of those illegally?

(Unlike voting?)

suzeeq

Jan 18, 2022, 11:14:30 PM1/18/22
Our governor has declared there will be no vaccine passports.

The Horny Goat

Jan 18, 2022, 11:14:52 PM1/18/22
On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 20:18:48 -0600, BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

>Not where I live, it isn't. Maybe you haven't had the pleasure of living with
>a vaccine passport to do pretty much anything, but here it's not hyperbole.

While we DO have vaccine passports here (mostly used in restaurants)
in places like grocery stores and libraries they mnstly make sure
you're wearing a mask and leave it at that.

At my favorite eatery I've had to show my passport ONCE and I'm there
often enough they recognize me and don't bother asking again. Given
the passport is built around a VR code I do not know whether I need a
new 'passport' as I've received a booster since the last printed copy
of a passport was taken (I don't carry a cell phone so paper it is)

shawn

Jan 18, 2022, 11:32:26 PM1/18/22
Ours too.

RichA

Jan 19, 2022, 12:32:44 AM1/19/22
What's the difference between a vaccine passport and proof of vaccination?

David Johnston

Jan 19, 2022, 12:44:36 AM1/19/22

On 2022-01-18 5:20 p.m., RichA wrote:
> -Go to an R-rated movie? No.
There is no legal requirement for any kind of ID to be shown when going
into an R-Rated movie and the ticket takers won't bother asking unless
you look baby-faced. A geezer like you could go into all the porn films
you wanted and nobody would ask you for ID.

> -Buy alcohol? No.
> -Buy a gun? No.
All they need to do is find a private seller.

> -Claim welfare? No.
They do not need government issued photo ID (which is what is "valid" by
the voter ID laws) to claim welfare in most states.

> -Get a driver license? No.
If they needed government issued photo ID to get their government issued
photo ID they'd never get their government issued photo ID

> -Get a tax refund? No.
Gpvernment issued photo ID is not required. All that is needed is a
social security number.

> -Travel abroad? No.
> -Take out a library book? No.
Nobody needs government issued photo ID to take out a library book.

anim8rfsk

Jan 19, 2022, 1:01:18 AM1/19/22
50 bucks. Same as in town.

RichA

Jan 19, 2022, 1:01:36 AM1/19/22
On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 00:44:36 UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2022-01-18 5:20 p.m., RichA wrote:
> > -Go to an R-rated movie? No.
> There is no legal requirement for any kind of ID to be shown when going
> into an R-Rated movie and the ticket takers won't bother asking unless
> you look baby-faced. A geezer like you could go into all the porn films
> you wanted and nobody would ask you for ID.

Again, illegal. Just like fraud voters.
ILLEGALLY entering, if you are under age. Is that how fake voters do it too?
> > -Buy alcohol? No.
> > -Buy a gun? No.
> All they need to do is find a private seller.

> > -Claim welfare? No.
> They do not need government issued photo ID (which is what is "valid" by
> the voter ID laws) to claim welfare in most states.

> > -Get a driver license? No.
> If they needed government issued photo ID to get their government issued
> photo ID they'd never get their government issued photo ID
> > -Get a tax refund? No.
> Gpvernment issued photo ID is not required. All that is needed is a
> social security number.

Why are you bouncing around from photo I.D. to just I.D.? Tax refunds also require submitting documents or codes to access the website to claim it.
> > -Travel abroad? No.
> > -Take out a library book? No.
> Nobody needs government issued photo ID to take out a library book.
Try to get a library CARD without I.D.

David Johnston

Jan 19, 2022, 2:51:11 AM1/19/22
On 2022-01-18 11:01 p.m., RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 00:44:36 UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
>> On 2022-01-18 5:20 p.m., RichA wrote:
>>> -Go to an R-rated movie? No.
>> There is no legal requirement for any kind of ID to be shown when going
>> into an R-Rated movie and the ticket takers won't bother asking unless
>> you look baby-faced. A geezer like you could go into all the porn films
>> you wanted and nobody would ask you for ID.
>
> Again, illegal. Just like fraud voters.

Wrong again. There is no law requiring ID to be checked when going into
a movie theatre regardless of the rating of the movie. "R-rated" movies
aren't a thing legally. They are strictly a private deal between the
MPAA and NATO. No, not that NATO.

> ILLEGALLY entering, if you are under age. Is that how fake voters do it too?
>>> -Buy alcohol? No.
>>> -Buy a gun? No.
>> All they need to do is find a private seller.
>

>>> -Claim welfare? No.
>> They do not need government issued photo ID (which is what is "valid" by
>> the voter ID laws) to claim welfare in most states.
>

>>> -Get a driver license? No.
>> If they needed government issued photo ID to get their government issued
>> photo ID they'd never get their government issued photo ID
>>> -Get a tax refund? No.
>> Gpvernment issued photo ID is not required. All that is needed is a
>> social security number.
>
> Why are you bouncing around from photo I.D. to just I.D.? Tax refunds also require submitting documents or codes to access the website to claim it.
>>> -Travel abroad? No.
>>> -Take out a library book? No.
>> Nobody needs government issued photo ID to take out a library book.
> Try to get a library CARD without I.D.

Been there, done that. Got the tote bag. The only thing they asked me
for was was my address and my phone number. You're like Donald Trump
claiming you need photo I.D. to shop for groceries because he's never
done it and has no idea what's involved. Why the hell would a library
demand photo ID? That would be ludicrous.

trotsky

Jan 19, 2022, 3:33:07 AM1/19/22
On 1/19/2022 12:01 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 00:44:36 UTC-5, David Johnston wrote:
>> On 2022-01-18 5:20 p.m., RichA wrote:
>>> -Go to an R-rated movie? No.
>> There is no legal requirement for any kind of ID to be shown when going
>> into an R-Rated movie and the ticket takers won't bother asking unless
>> you look baby-faced. A geezer like you could go into all the porn films
>> you wanted and nobody would ask you for ID.
>
> Again, illegal. Just like fraud voters.
> ILLEGALLY entering, if you are under age. Is that how fake voters do it too?
>>> -Buy alcohol? No.
>>> -Buy a gun? No.
>> All they need to do is find a private seller.
>

>>> -Claim welfare? No.
>> They do not need government issued photo ID (which is what is "valid" by
>> the voter ID laws) to claim welfare in most states.
>

>>> -Get a driver license? No.
>> If they needed government issued photo ID to get their government issued
>> photo ID they'd never get their government issued photo ID
>>> -Get a tax refund? No.
>> Gpvernment issued photo ID is not required. All that is needed is a
>> social security number.
>
> Why are you bouncing around from photo I.D. to just I.D.? Tax refunds also require submitting documents or codes to access the website to claim it.

What country requires going to a website to get a tax refund? Besides
none I mean.

BTR1701

Jan 19, 2022, 3:47:38 AM1/19/22
Well, then, see? You don't really know how much fun it is.

trotsky

Jan 19, 2022, 3:53:58 AM1/19/22
So you need a "vaccine passport" to buy food? I think you've advance
beyond plain lying to exhibiting mental illness. Are you being treated
for this? Is this what got you fired from your supposed job?

trotsky

Jan 19, 2022, 3:58:14 AM1/19/22
Wait, what? Did "Rich" just call Republicans a bunch of assholes?

Rhino

Jan 19, 2022, 9:12:02 AM1/19/22
You don't need photo ID to take out a book but you may need it to get
your library card!

The last time I took out a library card after a move to a new city, in
2017, I'm pretty sure I had to show ID to prove that I lived in the
city. I gave them my driver's license which has both a photo and my
correct address. I don't remember what specific ID they required though;
I expect they had a list of acceptable items but I didn't ask to see it.

In 1982, I also had to prove my address and hadn't yet changed my
license to the new address so I showed them a dry cleaning receipt,
which is obviously NOT government photo ID, and that was good enough.

--
Rhino

suzeeq

Jan 19, 2022, 10:51:08 AM1/19/22
The cities I've lived in you had to show a DL to prove who you are, but
would accept a lease or utility bill to show your residence. I always
got a library card as soon as I moved to the new city, and wouldn't have
had time to get a new license.

suzeeq

Jan 19, 2022, 10:52:34 AM1/19/22
See? It's not universal.

Ubiquitous

Jan 19, 2022, 11:12:25 AM1/19/22
Duh! The Democrat party is the party of voter fraud!

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ubiquitous

Jan 19, 2022, 11:15:15 AM1/19/22
In article <ss7u7f$iqe$2...@dont-email.me>, a...@chinet.com wrote:
> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>-Go to an R-rated movie? No.
>>-Buy alcohol? No.
>>-Buy a gun? No.
>>-Claim welfare? No.
>>-Get a driver license? No.
>>-Get a tax refund? No.
>
>That's a lie.

There's a way to get a tax refund without using your SSN?

>>So why no I.D. to vote?
>
>Because you're already registered to vote.

Strawman noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

Ubiquitous

Jan 19, 2022, 11:17:42 AM1/19/22
no_offlin...@example.com wrote:
> On 2022-01-19 12:44 AM, David Johnston wrote:
>> On 2022-01-18 5:20 p.m., RichA wrote:

>> > -Travel abroad?  No.
>> > -Take out a library book?  No.
>>
>> Nobody needs government issued photo ID to take out a library book.
>
>You don't need photo ID to take out a book but you may need it to get
>your library card!

According to Kerman, that means you don't need a valid ID. @@

David Johnston

Jan 19, 2022, 2:30:58 PM1/19/22
It must suck then to be a child forbidden to get a library card.

suzeeq

Jan 19, 2022, 3:08:23 PM1/19/22
A parent or teacher usually goes with them to vouch for them.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 19, 2022, 4:37:24 PM1/19/22
David Johnston <davidjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 2022-01-19 9:15 a.m., Ubiquitous wrote:
>>a...@chinet.com wrote:
>>>RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ubi-the-shithead set Followup-To. I changed the newsgroup back to
rec.arts.tv

>>>That's a lie.

>>There's a way to get a tax refund without using your SSN?

>Your SSN isn't even close to being the kind of ID that Voter ID laws
>consider valid. You don't even have to present the physical card

RichA was suggesting that picture ID is used to obtain a tax refund.
That's a lie. The taxpayer files the tax return. The refund is either
direct deposited into a bank acount, applied to the following tax year's
taxes, or a check is cut. No one picks up a tax refund over the counter.

Under Motor Voter, the Social Security name-number database is used to
identify the voter upon registration. It's an extract of the database
with the name and 4 most significant digits of the number, which is of
course no kind of privacy of the full SSN.

The voter may present the card as ID for registration, not for voting.
Election judges won't have the SSN.

ZZyXX

Jan 19, 2022, 4:59:13 PM1/19/22
On 1/18/22 4:20 PM, RichA wrote:
> -Go to an R-rated movie? No.
> -Buy alcohol? No.
> -Buy a gun? No.
> -Claim welfare? No.
> -Get a driver license? No.
> -Get a tax refund? No.
> -Travel abroad? No.
> -Take out a library book? No.
>
> So why no I.D. to vote?

buy a car
pay for utilities
go to public schools
buy fresh fish
buy new TVs
buy new tires for your car
read a book in the library
get treated by EMTs
shop at Walmart
eat at McDonalds
grow your own garden
fix your own car

try as they might, regressives cannot produce proof of massive voter fraud

Ed Stasiak

Jan 19, 2022, 6:02:22 PM1/19/22
> Adam H. Kerman
> RichA
> >
> > -Buy a gun? No.
>
> Texas doesn't require ID.

Federal law requires a photo ID for a NICS background check
when buying from an FFL licensed gun dealer.

trotsky

Jan 19, 2022, 7:34:52 PM1/19/22
Tantamount to child abuse. Per the GQP.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 19, 2022, 9:27:17 PM1/19/22
Where on your body the barcode is tatooed.