Blue Bloods: Spinning a roulette wheel for plots now?

RichA

Jan 14, 2022, 11:05:54 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
That Jimmy Buffett plot was pointless. Stupid. How old is Danny Reagan supposed to be? Buffett's heyday was in the late 1970s so if Reagan was a teen or older and a fan then, he'd be 60 now.

danny burstein

Jan 14, 2022, 11:15:43 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
Well, we at least had 15 seconds of Ms. Hawk looking
very alluring, but aside from that ...

dan...@panix.com

RichA

Jan 14, 2022, 11:29:36 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
On Friday, 14 January 2022 at 23:15:43 UTC-5, danny burstein wrote:
> In <a5a44a83-d161-42d9...@googlegroups.com> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >That Jimmy Buffett plot was pointless. Stupid. How old is Danny
> >Reagan supposed to be? Buffett's heyday was in the late 1970s
> >so if Reagan was a teen or older and a fan then, he'd be 60 now.
> Well, we at least had 15 seconds of Ms. Hawk looking
> very alluring, but aside from that ...

Plus Jamie acting like a Soviet because hey, one criminal catch is worth turning a precinct into a army regiment

anim8rfsk

Jan 15, 2022, 1:50:59 AM (11 days ago) Jan 15
Danny said he was 10 in 1983 when he snuck into a concert which would make
him 49 in 2022.

anim8rfsk

Jan 15, 2022, 6:55:30 AM (11 days ago) Jan 15
danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:
> In <a5a44a83-d161-42d9...@googlegroups.com> RichA
> <rande...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> That Jimmy Buffett plot was pointless. Stupid. How old is Danny
>> Reagan supposed to be? Buffett's heyday was in the late 1970s
>> so if Reagan was a teen or older and a fan then, he'd be 60 now.
>
> Well, we at least had 15 seconds of Ms. Hawk looking
> very alluring, but aside from that ...

Did you notice that she was filmed separately from the rest of the cast? I
think we might have seen her with the obnoxious charity woman when she open
the door for her but other than that she was filmed entirely in insert
shots and never seen with the actual cast.

So this week Jamie turned into a total jerk and came out smelling like
roses through what bordered on being a dual ex machina. On the other hand
his wife was briefly right for a change but they completely ignored it.
He’s headed for a friendly fire incident fast.

On the other hand this is the first time I’ve ever seen the family dinner
actually be a fun gathering. Even if Henry wasn’t actually there.

The whole Jimmy Buffett thing was ridiculous. How did he possibly lure
Danny into buying him dinner by just sitting there? And it looked like they
desperately needed something for Baez to do so they made her so pathetic
Danny is the only one to do anything for her for her birthday. No police
work was accomplished by either of them.

So the mayor is working to undermine the entire Reagan legacy. Now that
they’ve pinpointed the mole how are they possibly going to ignore her?
She’s got to know that they followed her false trail to Anthony.

Actual good use of two of the three musketeers this week.

The charity case, they went for what had been the obvious answer all along,
just change your methodology enough to make it legitimate. And then they
screwed it up by saying she couldn’t except donations only discounts. She
was accepting donations of food for needy vets. What the hell good are
discounts going to do them?

Magnum stood up and walked at least once.

tenworld

Jan 15, 2022, 3:30:42 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 6:55:30 AM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:
> > In <a5a44a83-d161-42d9...@googlegroups.com> RichA
> > <rande...@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> That Jimmy Buffett plot was pointless. Stupid. How old is Danny
> >> Reagan supposed to be? Buffett's heyday was in the late 1970s
> >> so if Reagan was a teen or older and a fan then, he'd be 60 now.
> >
> > Well, we at least had 15 seconds of Ms. Hawk looking
> > very alluring, but aside from that ...
> Did you notice that she was filmed separately from the rest of the cast? I
> think we might have seen her with the obnoxious charity woman when she open
> the door for her but other than that she was filmed entirely in insert
> shots and never seen with the actual cast.
>
> So this week Jamie turned into a total jerk and came out smelling like
> roses through what bordered on being a dual ex machina. On the other hand
> his wife was briefly right for a change but they completely ignored it.
> He’s headed for a friendly fire incident fast.
>
> On the other hand this is the first time I’ve ever seen the family dinner
> actually be a fun gathering. Even if Henry wasn’t actually there.
>
> The whole Jimmy Buffett thing was ridiculous. How did he possibly lure
> Danny into buying him dinner by just sitting there? And it looked like they
> desperately needed something for Baez to do so they made her so pathetic
> Danny is the only one to do anything for her for her birthday. No police
> work was accomplished by either of them.

I thought this would be the start of hooking them up but no.

> So the mayor is working to undermine the entire Reagan legacy. Now that
> they’ve pinpointed the mole how are they possibly going to ignore her?
> She’s got to know that they followed her false trail to Anthony.

so they are going to feed dis-info to the mayor. that will be interesting

> Actual good use of two of the three musketeers this week.
>
> The charity case, they went for what had been the obvious answer all along,
> just change your methodology enough to make it legitimate. And then they
> screwed it up by saying she couldn’t except donations only discounts. She
> was accepting donations of food for needy vets. What the hell good are
> discounts going to do them?

the implication was she needs to fundraise first but that also could be a problem.
this was mostly an exercise to make the point that even black cops are getting hate

Mike Kelly

Jan 15, 2022, 3:41:34 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
I agree - very poor episode. When I see a successful, long-running series like "Blue Bloods" doing these
"desperation" episodes I always wonder the same thing. Why don't you just go back to doing
episodes based on gritty realistic crimes and really bad criminals? That is what got you where you
are.

Irish Mike

anim8rfsk

Jan 15, 2022, 5:18:09 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
Me too.

>> So the mayor is working to undermine the entire Reagan legacy. Now that
>> they’ve pinpointed the mole how are they possibly going to ignore her?
>> She’s got to know that they followed her false trail to Anthony.
>
> so they are going to feed dis-info to the mayor. that will be interesting

So the whole office hates her and in return she doesn’t even know their
names.

>> Actual good use of two of the three musketeers this week.
>>
>> The charity case, they went for what had been the obvious answer all along,
>> just change your methodology enough to make it legitimate. And then they
>> screwed it up by saying she couldn’t except donations only discounts. She
>> was accepting donations of food for needy vets. What the hell good are
>> discounts going to do them?
>
> the implication was she needs to fundraise first but that also could be a problem.
> this was mostly an exercise to make the point that even black cops are getting hate

I hate that Frank was scared of her five different ways.

BTR1701

Jan 15, 2022, 9:22:59 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
> danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:
>> In <a5a44a83-d161-42d9...@googlegroups.com> RichA
>> <rande...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> That Jimmy Buffett plot was pointless. Stupid. How old is Danny
>>> Reagan supposed to be? Buffett's heyday was in the late 1970s
>>> so if Reagan was a teen or older and a fan then, he'd be 60 now.
>>
>> Well, we at least had 15 seconds of Ms. Hawk looking
>> very alluring, but aside from that ...
>
> Did you notice that she was filmed separately from the rest of the cast? I
> think we might have seen her with the obnoxious charity woman when she open
> the door for her but other than that she was filmed entirely in insert
> shots and never seen with the actual cast.

Not only the obnoxious charity woman, but Frank and Gormley were in the
foreground of that shot as well, so the whole cast was there for that scene
with her.

> The whole Jimmy Buffett thing was ridiculous. How did he possibly lure
> Danny into buying him dinner by just sitting there? And it looked like they
> desperately needed something for Baez to do so they made her so pathetic
> Danny is the only one to do anything for her for her birthday.

And is Danny dating her now? Because that dinner seemed too intimate for
just a birthday celebration between friends. It had a serious date-vibe.
Not to mention the way he kept calling her beautiful, etc.

> No police work was accomplished by either of them.

Except for Danny chasing down the faux Buffet on the clock for what could
only be a misdemeanor at best, and out of his jurisdiction all the way out
in Coney Island or something.

> So the mayor is working to undermine the entire Reagan legacy. Now that
> they’ve pinpointed the mole how are they possibly going to ignore her?

Garrett tells them to leave her be so she won't be suspicious and when he
leaves, the two of them stand there staring at her as she works right
outside the window. 'Cause that won't make her suspicious or anything.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 15, 2022, 10:16:27 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:

>Well, we at least had 15 seconds of Ms. Hawk looking
>very alluring, but aside from that ...

I concur. The outfit she wore sitting down during the first meeting was
stunning but smart.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 15, 2022, 10:21:24 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>. . .

I agree with your other points. I agree with RichA and Danny.

>The charity case, they went for what had been the obvious answer all along,
>just change your methodology enough to make it legitimate.

The veterans center was a charity. All she had to do was leave a receipt
on its letterhead with each merchant.

>And then they
>screwed it up by saying she couldn't except donations only discounts. She
>was accepting donations of food for needy vets. What the hell good are
>discounts going to do them?

I loved how her trial was that afternoon. Police discipline cases take
years to work their way through the system. At her rank and years of
service, she'd be 10 years retired before anything was heard. She's
discipline proof, short of committing a felony.

>. . .

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 15, 2022, 10:23:35 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
The only possible crime I saw in that scene: At that price, that Dover
sole had damn well better have a legitimate immigration visa.

Who orders an incredibly expensive fish dinner at a bar?

anim8rfsk

Jan 16, 2022, 12:05:41 AM (10 days ago) Jan 16
BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>> danny burstein <dan...@panix.com> wrote:

>>> Well, we at least had 15 seconds of Ms. Hawk looking
>>> very alluring, but aside from that ...
>>
>> Did you notice that she was filmed separately from the rest of the cast? I
>> think we might have seen her with the obnoxious charity woman when she open
>> the door for her but other than that she was filmed entirely in insert
>> shots and never seen with the actual cast.
>
> Not only the obnoxious charity woman, but Frank and Gormley were in the
> foreground of that shot as well, so the whole cast was there for that scene
> with her.

OK, thanks. I wasn’t sure about that one but I wasn’t about to go back and
check.

>> The whole Jimmy Buffett thing was ridiculous. How did he possibly lure
>> Danny into buying him dinner by just sitting there? And it looked like they
>> desperately needed something for Baez to do so they made her so pathetic
>> Danny is the only one to do anything for her for her birthday.
>
> And is Danny dating her now? Because that dinner seemed too intimate for
> just a birthday celebration between friends. It had a serious date-vibe.
> Not to mention the way he kept calling her beautiful, etc.

She was dressed up pretty fancy too. If it wasn’t a date you think she’d
have at least one more friend. Maybe bring along Jamie and his crazy wife
or Eddie and her crazy husband.

>> No police work was accomplished by either of them.
>
> Except for Danny chasing down the faux Buffet on the clock for what could
> only be a misdemeanor at best, and out of his jurisdiction all the way out
> in Coney Island or something.
>
>> So the mayor is working to undermine the entire Reagan legacy. Now that
>> they’ve pinpointed the mole how are they possibly going to ignore her?
>
> Garrett tells them to leave her be so she won't be suspicious and when he
> leaves, the two of them stand there staring at her as she works right
> outside the window. 'Cause that won't make her suspicious or anything.

Yeah. Erin totally needs to get one way glass for all those windows.

anim8rfsk

Jan 16, 2022, 12:05:43 AM (10 days ago) Jan 16
We have a new place called STK near me that delivers.
Bottle of Fiji water: eight dollars
Side order of tater tots: $12
Tomahawk steak: $157

The price of the Dover sole did not shock me at all

What annoyed me is that the fake Jimmy Buffett had no idea anybody was
picking up his tab when he ordered that. We got no indication that he ever
knew anybody was picking up his tab until he went to pay it or if he ever
knew who picked up his dab.