[NEWS] NBC Greenlights Quantum Leap Sequel Pilot

Your Name

Jan 13, 2022, 6:31:37 PM (12 days ago) Jan 13

I wonder how badly they're going to screw this up. No doubt a female
lead, probably black, and in a wheelchair ... but at least it's not an
idiotic "reboot" (although the silly changes will mean it could well
turn out to be that too). :-\

NBC Greenlights Quantum Leap Sequel Pilot
NBC has greenlit the Quantum Leap sequel pilot with original
star Scott Bakula, who played Dr. Sam Beckett, possibly
involved with the project though nothing is set in stone,
according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The synopsis for the sequel pilot reads: "It's been 30 years
since Dr. Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula) stepped into the
Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now a new team has
been assembled to restart the project in the hopes of
understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man
who created it."

The original sci-fi drama adventure series, also starring
Dean Stockwell, ran from 1989-1993 and won six Emmy Awards
and two Golden Globes.

The outlet notes Bakula had teased last September that
there had been conversations about a revival, saying:
"There's very significant conversations about it right now
going on. I don't know what it would be. I don't know who
would have it. The rights were a mess for years. I don't
know if they're even sorted out now. That's always been
the biggest complication."

Creator Don Bellisario will executive produce the sequel
pilot with Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt (Gotham)
serving as showrunners. Deborah Pratt and Martin Gero will
also executive produce. The project is produced by Universal
Television.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1207975-nbc-greenlights-quantum-leap-sequel-pilot>

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 13, 2022, 7:48:59 PM (12 days ago) Jan 13
I've read elsewhere that Bakula has let slip that its the son he didn't
know he had who's looking for him. No idea how honest or accurate that
is or if it will remain that way if true.

dirty old man.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 13, 2022, 9:23:26 PM (12 days ago) Jan 13
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:

>I wonder how badly they're going to screw this up. No doubt a female
>lead, probably black, and in a wheelchair ... but at least it's not an
>idiotic "reboot" (although the silly changes will mean it could well
>turn out to be that too). :-\

Now we know what killed Dean Stockwell.

anim8rfsk

Jan 13, 2022, 10:28:19 PM (12 days ago) Jan 13
We might want to remember that one of the major creative forces behind
quantum leap was a black woman, Deborah Pratt, narrator, voice of Ziggy,
writer of 22 episodes, mother of McProbie’s pretty little lying sister on
NCIS as well as Marella on airWolf.

Ubiquitous

Jan 14, 2022, 3:48:05 AM (12 days ago) Jan 14
In article <srqcom$1r94$2...@gioia.aioe.org>, Your...@YourISP.com wrote:

>I wonder how badly they're going to screw this up. No doubt a female
>lead, probably black, and in a wheelchair ... but at least it's not an
>idiotic "reboot" (although the silly changes will mean it could well
>turn out to be that too). :-\

TBH, I fail to see the point of a sequel. They pretty much ended the story in
the last ep, though not the way it should have ended.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ubiquitous

Jan 14, 2022, 3:48:12 AM (12 days ago) Jan 14

Ubiquitous

Jan 14, 2022, 3:59:37 AM (12 days ago) Jan 14
dtr...@sonic.net wrote:

>I've read elsewhere that Bakula has let slip that its the son he didn't
>know he had who's looking for him. No idea how honest or accurate that
>is or if it will remain that way if true.

I've heard that as well, but how would his son expect to accomplish anything?
Everyone knows what happened to him.

anim8rfsk

Jan 14, 2022, 8:46:42 AM (12 days ago) Jan 14
The suggested fix I’ve seen for the end works pretty well. Just depend the
ending title card:

Sam Beckett never did return home

… Until now

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

A Friend

Jan 14, 2022, 9:53:40 AM (12 days ago) Jan 14
In article
<34541675.663860416.25...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> > In article <srqcom$1r94$2...@gioia.aioe.org>, Your...@YourISP.com wrote:
> >
> >> I wonder how badly they're going to screw this up. No doubt a female
> >> lead, probably black, and in a wheelchair ... but at least it's not an
> >> idiotic "reboot" (although the silly changes will mean it could well
> >> turn out to be that too). :-\
> >
> > TBH, I fail to see the point of a sequel. They pretty much ended the story
> > in
> > the last ep, though not the way it should have ended.
>
> The suggested fix Iąve seen for the end works pretty well. Just depend the
> ending title card:
>
> Sam Beckett never did return home
>
> Š Until now

I liked the ending the way it was. Of course they're going to screw it
up.

Your Name

Jan 14, 2022, 4:14:10 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
The "point" is that Hollyweird these days is filled with lazy,
talentless people with the creative ability of cat poo ... all they can
do is resurrect and butcher all the old work of people who had actual
creative talent (even when those people are supposedly still involved!).

anim8rfsk

Jan 15, 2022, 1:58:50 AM (11 days ago) Jan 15
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
>
>> I wonder how badly they're going to screw this up. No doubt a female
>> lead, probably black, and in a wheelchair ... but at least it's not an
>> idiotic "reboot" (although the silly changes will mean it could well
>> turn out to be that too). :-\
>
> Now we know what killed Dean Stockwell.

We might want to remember that one of the major creative forces behind
quantum leap was a black woman, Deborah Pratt, narrator, voice of Ziggy,
writer of 22 episodes, mother of McProbie’s pretty little lying sister on
NCIS as well as Marella on airWolf.

tenworld

Jan 15, 2022, 3:37:56 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 9:53:40 AM UTC-5, A Friend wrote:
> In article
> <34541675.663860416.25...@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> > > TBH, I fail to see the point of a sequel. They pretty much ended the story
> > > in
> > > the last ep, though not the way it should have ended.
> >
> > The suggested fix Iąve seen for the end works pretty well. Just depend the
> > ending title card:
> >
> > Sam Beckett never did return home

I dreamt that he jumped ahead 2 centuries and became Kirk's predecessor and that
was a nightmare ending

A Friend

Jan 15, 2022, 4:02:50 PM (10 days ago) Jan 15
In article <8303b366-c16f-48f8...@googlegroups.com>,
tenworld <t...@world.std.com> wrote:

> On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 9:53:40 AM UTC-5, A Friend wrote:
> > In article
> > <34541675.663860416.25...@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> > > The suggested fix I?ve seen for the end works pretty well. Just
> > > depend the ending title card:
> > >
> > > Sam Beckett never did return home

We found out that it was Sam Beckett himself who was responsible for
the whole thing. He could stop any time he liked but, despite himself,
he was compelled to keep going on and on and on. It was never going to
end. Nothing short of tragic, really.