What Did You Watch? 2023-06-26 (Monday)

Ubiquitous

Jun 27, 2023, 7:54:02 AM6/27/23
After an arduous workout, I watched:

THE NEWS AND WHY IT MATTERS:
Indecent Exposure?! Pride Parades Go P*rnographic
BlazeTV contributor Jaco Booyens joins the show today to discuss a recent
slew of Pride parades across the country turning pornographic, with some
participants exposing their genitalia to children who attended the parades.
Turning Point reporter Savanah Hernandez filmed hundreds of topless women
dancing naked in front of children at the New York City Dyke March. New
documents released by congressional investigators reportedly show that Hunter
Biden received more than $5 million from a Chinese firm back in 2017. These
payments were allegedly part of a pay-to-play scheme with his father,
President Joe Biden. White House spokesman Ian Sams released a statement on
Friday that goes against the White House narrative that Biden and Hunter
never discussed Hunter's business dealings. Instead of saying Biden “never
discussed” business with Hunter, the statement on Friday said Biden is “not
in business” with his son Hunter Biden. A professional Dominican basketball
player reportedly died suddenly from a heart attack last Thursday while
performing a stress test at a health center in the Dominican Republic. Demi
Lovato released a new song called "Swine" to protest the one-year anniversary
of the Roe v. Wade overturn, and it features lyrics like "My life, my voice /
My right, my choice / It’s mine, or I’m just swine." Lovato announced her
song's release on her Instagram page. She defended her satanic song by
saying, “It’s been one year since the Supreme Court's decision to dismantle
the constitutional right to a safe abortion, and although the path forward
will be challenging, we must continue to be united in our fight for
reproductive justice. I created ‘SWINE’ to amplify the voices of those who
advocate for choice and bodily autonomy.”
https://youtu.be/ErGzcm1vdpk

FAMILY GUY:
"Chick Cancer".

FAMILY GUY:
"Barely Legal".

HISTORY'S GTREATEST MYSTERIES:
"Unlocking the Secrets of the Nazca Lines". They've been called the world's
greatest archaeological enigma: 2,000-year-old geoglyphs made in the Peruvian
desert that span over 50 miles. The drawings are so massive, they can only be
seen from the air. The true purpose of the Nazca Lines is discussed.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ian J. Ball

Jun 27, 2023, 9:09:05 AM6/27/23
On 2023-06-27 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

I got quite a lot of stuff done yesterday, but I only really managed to
watch soaps:

Mid-day, I saw a little of B&B (which still hasn't changed at all after
all of these years) and some of Y&R (which now sports Trevor St. John,
though I have no idea what his role was - he was somehow involved with
Ashley Abbott; and the pretty NuSummer Newman is still on the show).

soaps: DOOL - Fri's ep. I am so sick to death of the storyline of Abe's
kidnapping by the crazy nurse! - After the nurse is hauled in for
questioning by FBI Agent Eli, she decides that now she has to kill
Abe!! Nothing else important happened.
GH - This would never happen - not only did the judge ignore the
plea deal and sentence NuDrew to 3 years in prison, he also sentenced
him to a maximum security prison! (for a non-violent white collar
crime!!) - that last part would never happen. Nina tries to win Dex
over to her side in the interests of "peace", but it sounds like stupid
Josslyn has already poisoned his mind against her. Gregory clashes with
Tracy Quartermaine again. Dr. Kevin tells the Quartermaines that "Eddie
Maine" is here to stay. "Eddie" tries to convince Brook Lynn to help
him escape from the hospital so he can beat it to Vegas; later "Eddie"
escapes anyway... and he runs across Nina.

Tonight is the final episode of "Gotham Knights: GK!" - I should get to
that tomorrow.

Note: Once "Gotham Knights" and "The Blacklist" are over, I will be
down to all of *two* TV series in total that I have 'series passed' on
my DVR... :|

anim8rfsk

Jun 27, 2023, 10:00:09 AM6/27/23
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> After an arduous workout, I watched:
>

> What did you watch?

That show with Shatner that was so viley spoiled that I may never watch it
again.

A couple episodes of LAWMAN as part of the DVR emptying

Mystery science theater 3000 “the touch of Satan“.

An episode of STAGECOACH WEST that I have no idea why it got recorded.

And whatever GAK was running as background noise.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

anim8rfsk

Jun 27, 2023, 10:00:09 AM6/27/23
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-06-27 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>

> Tonight is the final episode of "Gotham Knights: GK!" - I should get to
> that tomorrow.
>
> Note: Once "Gotham Knights" and "The Blacklist" are over, I will be
> down to all of *two* TV series in total that I have 'series passed' on
> my DVR... :|

I still have quite a few.

LAWMAN.

RIDLEY. I swear I told her to stop recording those.

THE INVADERS. Even though I have the DVDs just for discussion purposes in
an invaders group.

BURKES LAW.

AMOS BURKE SECRET AGENT.

THE LAZARUS MAN.

THE LAZARUS PROJECT.

STARS ON MARS. Even though this weeks episode was viciously spoiled.

IN PLAIN SIGHT

FAMILY FEUD.

AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERIES.

NCIS Los Angeles

Star Trek Picard - I told speech to text to do this entire list in all
capitals. I am fascinated that it decided Star Trek Picard was not
important enough.

MISS SCARLET AND THE DUKE ON MASTERPIECE.

THE FLASH.

CINNAMON STRIP. Sequel to Mission impossible.

RONCO Ron Popiel conquers the west

BROKEN ARROW. There’s too many of these and they’re in lousy shape, but I’m
going through watching the ones with notable characters or guest stars.

IRONHORSE.

HAWAIIAN GUY

THE SNARK

THE WEST WING.

CRIMINAL MINDS.

LAS Vegas

Ancient Egypt.

The talking Fred.

The real love boat.

The new adventures of Tarzan

Survivor.

Tales from the Explorers club

PASSWORD.

TOM SWIFT. The most explicit gay black man porn ever put on network
television.

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN.

THE ENDGAME.

DEATH IN PARADISE

AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS

PARADES END

SECRETS IN THE ICE

BLUE BLOODS

STARGIRL SG ONE

Secrets.

Million password

Professor T.

Emma Fielding mysteries.

Supergirl.

Centennial.

DEBRIS.

NCIS

NEWSRADIO.

THE MEN FROM SHILOH

RANGE RIDER.

TERRY AND THE PIRATES

COLLECTORS CALL

HAWAII FIVE-0.

ALMOST PARADISE

MYSTERY SCIENCE, THEATER 3000.

RELIC HUNTER.

CRISIS AFTERMATH.

William Shatner’s Halloween fright.

The awful arrow.

Lost city of the jungle.

Savage builds.

Goodrich.

Lucifer.

Marvel’s agents of shield

Why in the world so many, you ask?

Because this is a major flaw in my DVR programming. That’s from the “series
priority list where you can tell it you’d rather see good witch than
Lucifer if there’s a conflict.

But… And it’s a really big butt…

You can rearrange the order of these things, but you can’t delete them. You
have to do that on an actual instance of the show showing. So unless
there’s an on the right Nettwerk Lucifer episode coming up, it will sit
there and try and record it for the rest of eternity.

When a show is declared so vile, I quit watching before it ends, say, for
instance, GOTHAM, KNIGHTS, I can still stop the series pass. But if I
record the finale, I can’t.

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 27, 2023, 11:40:16 AM6/27/23
What Did You Watch? 2023-06-26 (Monday)

Stargate: SG-1 S7E05 'Revisions'
"A remote investigation of P3X-289 reveals a toxic atmosphere and a dome
inside of which is a idyllic paradise. The inhabitants are survivors of
industrial growth which poisoned the air and have lived under the
protective dome for over 400 years. All of them have a neural link to a
vast database of the history of their science, history and culture. For
all that the locals are very welcoming, it soon becomes clear that
something wrong and Sam suggests the link may be exercising control.
From Sam's analysis, the dome is losing power and is bound to fail.
Daniel's search of the archives reveals that the population is much
smaller than it was when the dome was first created. Getting someone to
believe them is the challenge."

Trivia: The town within the dome was the theme park "Fantasy Gardens" in
Richmond, British Colombia. All of it but the Dutch Castle has since
been torn down.

Producers Cameos: A twofer! Just before the opening credits we get both
Peter DeLuise and Martin Wood in the control room doing incomprehensible
make work!

Commentary: Michael Shanks (aka Pepe LaCroix), Director Martin Wood and
DP Jim Menard. They like stand-alone episodes. They don't have to
provide 15 minutes of "Previously On" and exposition of what has
happened before over the last six years. They talk about how
Christopher Heyerdahl, a really nice guy, has the kind of face where if
he stares at you for very long your skin starts to crawl. O_O Most of
the commentary is Wood discussing how to set the mood and the ins and
outs of production and such. Wood discusses about the trouble with
going to conventions and fans asking questions about what happened
outside of what was written in the script. There is no story outside
the script so everything not in the script is conjecture, its "story
outside the story". There is also some discussion about the problems
caused by RDA's reduced schedule/availability and shooting two or more
episodes simultaneously.

What Did You Watch?

dirty old man.

Ubiquitous

Jun 27, 2023, 1:46:34 PM6/27/23

anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> After an arduous workout, I watched:
>>

>> What did you watch?
>
>That show with Shatner that was so viley spoiled that I may never watch it
>again.

What?
Oh, noooo! :-O

>Mystery Science Theater 3000 "The Touch of Satan".

That's not the one with Tom Selleck, right?

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 27, 2023, 3:38:35 PM6/27/23
Then why does he need to be in masks and makeup all the time?

>O_O Most of
>the commentary is Wood discussing how to set the mood and the ins and
>outs of production and such. Wood discusses about the trouble with
>going to conventions and fans asking questions about what happened
>outside of what was written in the script. There is no story outside
>the script so everything not in the script is conjecture, its "story
>outside the story". There is also some discussion about the problems
>caused by RDA's reduced schedule/availability and shooting two or more
>episodes simultaneously.

Why was his schedule reduced? Partial retirement or he was shooting a
movie?

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 27, 2023, 4:37:03 PM6/27/23
So he'd be less creepy?

>> O_O Most of
>> the commentary is Wood discussing how to set the mood and the ins and
>> outs of production and such. Wood discusses about the trouble with
>> going to conventions and fans asking questions about what happened
>> outside of what was written in the script. There is no story outside
>> the script so everything not in the script is conjecture, its "story
>> outside the story". There is also some discussion about the problems
>> caused by RDA's reduced schedule/availability and shooting two or more
>> episodes simultaneously.
>
> Why was his schedule reduced? Partial retirement or he was shooting a
> movie?

I was wondering about that too and did some net searching. Apparently
it was so he could spend more time with his daughter, so Partial Retirement.

anim8rfsk

Jun 27, 2023, 8:19:18 PM6/27/23
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> anim...@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>>> After an arduous workout, I watched:
>>>

>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> That show with Shatner that was so viley spoiled that I may never watch it
>> again.
>
> What?
> Oh, noooo! :-O

I am all messed up inside. :-(

>> Mystery Science Theater 3000 "The Touch of Satan".
>
> That's not the one with Tom Selleck, right?

No, that’s 1972’s Daughters of Satan, one of those drive-in quickies
knocked out in the Philippines.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Ubiquitous

Jun 28, 2023, 6:59:46 AM6/28/23

https://giphy.com/gifs/bruce-oh-no-familiy-guy-l0K41MJ0Ux8dmw7HW

> CINNAMON STRIP. Sequel to Mission impossible.

Mmm, cinnamon...

>RONCO Ron Popiel conquers the west

From where did you record that? I am intrigued.

Ubiquitous

Jun 28, 2023, 7:03:19 AM6/28/23
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>> That show with Shatner that was so viley spoiled that I may never watch
>>> it again.
>>
>> What?
>> Oh, noooo! :-O
>
>I am all messed up inside. :-(
>

>>> Mystery Science Theater 3000 "The Touch of Satan".
>>
>> That's not the one with Tom Selleck, right?
>
>No, that's 1972’s Daughters of Satan, one of those drive-in quickies
>knocked out in the Philippines.

OK, I have seen TOUCH OF SATAN on RiffTrax or something similar.

anim8rfsk

Jun 28, 2023, 7:37:21 AM6/28/23
The show I recorded was BRONCO, but spellcheck refused to let me say that.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

anim8rfsk

Jun 28, 2023, 7:37:22 AM6/28/23
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim...@cox.net wrote:
>> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> What?
>>> Oh, noooo! :-O
>>
>> I am all messed up inside. :-(

>>> That's not the one with Tom Selleck, right?
>>
>> No, that's 1972’s Daughters of Satan, one of those drive-in quickies
>> knocked out in the Philippines.
>
> OK, I have seen TOUCH OF SATAN on RiffTrax or something similar.

There’s no one in it you’ve ever seen before, except perhaps the late great
Robert Easton, who played the radio operator “sparks“ on the original 1961
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea movie.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 28, 2023, 11:40:55 AM6/28/23
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>CINNAMON STRIP. Sequel to Mission impossible.

Nudely nekid Barbara Bain?

>RONCO Ron Popiel conquers the west

Hahahahahahaha

>THE MEN FROM SHILOH

You're evil.

>TERRY AND THE PIRATES

That's a radio program!

A Friend

Jun 28, 2023, 1:23:03 PM6/28/23
In article <u7hka2$1q4pf$4...@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
It was a TV series during 1952-53. At least four episodes still exist.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 28, 2023, 2:16:33 PM6/28/23
I had no idea. There's no way to adapt that to tv, not with a radio
program budget.
Message has been deleted

Ian J. Ball

Jun 28, 2023, 2:49:17 PM6/28/23
According to Wiki, 16 of 18 episodes have been released:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_and_the_Pirates_(TV_series)

anim8rfsk

Jun 28, 2023, 7:41:12 PM6/28/23
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2023-06-28 18:16:29 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
>> A Friend wrote:

>>> It was a TV series during 1952-53. At least four episodes still exist.
>>
>> I had no idea. There's no way to adapt that to tv, not with a radio
>> program budget.
>
> According to Wiki, 16 of 18 episodes have been released:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_and_the_Pirates_(TV_series)

That’s the 1952 TV series. What I’ve got is the 1940 version which may have
been something longer chopped to bits recoded from TCM.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033139/OK

I only got nine of them, but they all are are available from Tubi.

anim8rfsk

Jun 28, 2023, 7:41:13 PM6/28/23
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> CINNAMON STRIP. Sequel to Mission impossible.
>
> Nudely nekid Barbara Bain?

Heh

>> RONCO Ron Popiel conquers the west
>
> Hahahahahahaha

It was right when I started. My spellchecker decided I meant something
else. I went with it.

>> THE MEN FROM SHILOH
>
> You're evil.

I was on a Virginian kick at one point. I watched several different
versions of it. But the TV show defeated me. There are just far too many of
them.

>> TERRY AND THE PIRATES
>
> That's a radio program!

See below

anim8rfsk

Jun 29, 2023, 5:07:15 AM6/29/23
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
> What Did You Watch? 2023-06-26 (Monday)
>
> Stargate: SG-1 S7E05 'Revisions'
> "A remote investigation of P3X-289 reveals a toxic atmosphere and a dome
> inside of which is a idyllic paradise. The inhabitants are survivors of
> industrial growth which poisoned the air and have lived under the
> protective dome for over 400 years. All of them have a neural link to a
> vast database of the history of their science, history and culture. For
> all that the locals are very welcoming, it soon becomes clear that
> something wrong and Sam suggests the link may be exercising control.
> From Sam's analysis, the dome is losing power and is bound to fail.
> Daniel's search of the archives reveals that the population is much
> smaller than it was when the dome was first created. Getting someone to
> believe them is the challenge."

I always get this confused with the virtually identical max headroom
episode.

> Trivia: The town within the dome was the theme park "Fantasy Gardens" in
> Richmond, British Colombia. All of it but the Dutch Castle has since
> been torn down.
>
> Producers Cameos: A twofer! Just before the opening credits we get both
> Peter DeLuise and Martin Wood in the control room doing incomprehensible
> make work!
>
> Commentary: Michael Shanks (aka Pepe LaCroix), Director Martin Wood and
> DP Jim Menard. They like stand-alone episodes. They don't have to
> provide 15 minutes of "Previously On" and exposition of what has
> happened before over the last six years. They talk about how
> Christopher Heyerdahl, a really nice guy, has the kind of face where if
> he stares at you for very long your skin starts to crawl. O_O

Jeez!

--
Message has been deleted

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 29, 2023, 11:47:01 AM6/29/23
On 6/29/2023 2:07 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>> What Did You Watch? 2023-06-26 (Monday)
>>
>> Stargate: SG-1 S7E05 'Revisions'
>> "A remote investigation of P3X-289 reveals a toxic atmosphere and a dome
>> inside of which is a idyllic paradise. The inhabitants are survivors of
>> industrial growth which poisoned the air and have lived under the
>> protective dome for over 400 years. All of them have a neural link to a
>> vast database of the history of their science, history and culture. For
>> all that the locals are very welcoming, it soon becomes clear that
>> something wrong and Sam suggests the link may be exercising control.
>> From Sam's analysis, the dome is losing power and is bound to fail.
>> Daniel's search of the archives reveals that the population is much
>> smaller than it was when the dome was first created. Getting someone to
>> believe them is the challenge."
>
> I always get this confused with the virtually identical max headroom
> episode.

O_o It has been a very long time since I watched Max Headroom so I
don't remember much but this seems like a very unlikely parallel.
Fortunately Max is something I ripped off of Netflix discs in my rush to
"get" as much of my queue before they close so I will watch it.

Someday.

If I live long enough.

:(

anim8rfsk

Jun 29, 2023, 12:23:41 PM6/29/23
Christ. It wasn’t Max. It was Reginald Barclay. Back in S02E04. I’m pretty
sure that’s it. I always get him confused with howling Matt Murdock.

Sorry about that.

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 29, 2023, 1:19:47 PM6/29/23
*smack*

(that being a gentler version of the *whap* you are familiar with....)
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ian J. Ball

Jun 29, 2023, 2:51:45 PM6/29/23
Interesting sidenote: "Max Headroom" is not available anywhere on a
streamer "for free", but apparently you can buy the series off Amazon
and Vudu (JustWatch doesn't indicate Apple TV store, but Apple TV store
says they have it too - I've sent in a correct to JustWatch about it...)