Mayor of Kingstown

Rhino

Jan 13, 2022, 9:51:43 PM (12 days ago) Jan 13
I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
looking forward to a second season!

That's three Taylor Sheridan series I've watched - Yellowstone, Mayor of
Kingstown and the first episodes of 1883 - and I have to say I enjoy all
of them.

I can't find any individual threads for Mayor of Kingstown (except one I
started to verify that what was labelled as the first episode but was
actually the second) and Thunderbird doesn't let me search for text
within individual posts so I'm wondering what the rest of you who have
watched it think of it? I imagine it got discussed in the WDYW threads
but I'm not rereading dozens of those just to find the occasional word
about Mayor of Kingstown.

--
Rhino

Bill Idgerant

Jan 14, 2022, 10:07:45 AM (12 days ago) Jan 14
For an author who's allegedly offering wildly popular series there
doesn't seem to be much uptake on RATV. There have been threads started
on Y'stone's finale and on the first handful of 1883 that have generated
approximately 0 responses. Let's see if anyone jumps on this item.

And I agree that wading through WDYW to see if there's anything relevant
is nuts.

--
Bill Idgerant
(Not a real person)

Rhino

Jan 14, 2022, 11:10:54 AM (12 days ago) Jan 14
On 2022-01-14 10:07 AM, Bill Idgerant wrote:
> On 2022-01-13 7:51 p.m., Rhino wrote:
>> I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
>> looking forward to a second season!
>>
>> That's three Taylor Sheridan series I've watched - Yellowstone, Mayor
>> of Kingstown and the first episodes of 1883 - and I have to say I
>> enjoy all of them.
>>
>> I can't find any individual threads for Mayor of Kingstown (except one
>> I started to verify that what was labelled as the first episode but
>> was actually the second) and Thunderbird doesn't let me search for
>> text within individual posts so I'm wondering what the rest of you who
>> have watched it think of it? I imagine it got discussed in the WDYW
>> threads but I'm not rereading dozens of those just to find the
>> occasional word about Mayor of Kingstown.
>>

> For an author who's allegedly offering wildly popular series there
> doesn't seem to be much uptake on RATV. There have been threads started
> on Y'stone's finale and on the first handful of 1883 that have generated
> approximately 0 responses. Let's see if anyone jumps on this item.

Sounds good to me ;-)

> And I agree that wading through WDYW to see if there's anything relevant
> is nuts.

I'm really disappointed that this newsreader doesn't let me search
within posts for specific words; all I can do is search subject lines.
But having tried other newsreaders, I'd say they are pretty hit-or-miss.
Given that Usenet is barely alive at this point, I get that developers
are likely to spend much time on newsreaders.

--
Rhino

Ed Stasiak

Jan 14, 2022, 3:10:59 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
> Rhino
>
> I just finished the final episode of Mayor of Kingstown. I'm already
> looking forward to a second season!

I’ll finish watching “Mayor Of Kingstown” at some point
but Taylor Sheridan not knowing jack shit about Michigan
despite setting the show there, kinda turned me off to it.

> I'm really disappointed that this newsreader doesn't let me search
> within posts for specific words; all I can do is search subject lines.
> But having tried other newsreaders, I'd say they are pretty hit-or-miss.
> Given that Usenet is barely alive at this point, I get that developers
> are likely to spend much time on newsreaders.

Google Groups lists several threads with comments about
“MoK” and also a thread from Ed “Man Old As Coal” Conrad
from 2007…

Rhino

Jan 14, 2022, 3:52:46 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
Ed Conrad? I remember that guy but hadn't thought about him in a very
long time....

I wonder how Ed Conrad was able to write about a show that started in
2021 in 2007? Perhaps there was another show with the same title then?
Hmm.... IMDB shows no previous show with that title. Maybe Ed is psychic
AND crazy?

--
Rhino

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 14, 2022, 4:44:27 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
Bill Idgerant <Non...@fake.net> wrote:

>For an author who's allegedly offering wildly popular series there
>doesn't seem to be much uptake on RATV. . . .

I'm watching satellite channels via cable, which is hideously expensive
enough. The Paramount satellite channel chose NOT to broadcast Mayor of
Kingston; I saw the first two episodes only. I liked the pilot but I
thought episode 2 was nothing I hadn't seen before. They get enough of
my money so I refuse to subscribe to the streaming version of the same
channel I already pay for.

Streaming has emptied out satellite and over-the-air broadcast. I'll be
damned if I'm going to pay for it. I won't even watch the streamers I
already have because I've got a laptop computer with Linux and HBO Max
insists it's Windows only and Peacock just stops and starts constantly.

I'm fed up with it all.

I'm tempted to start watching lots of pr0n and posting reviews to Usenet.
There's no acting and no bad scripts and it's free.

Rhino

Jan 14, 2022, 5:01:03 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
I wonder how many others missed Mayor of Kingstown for the same reasons?
I'll bet it's a lot of people....

--
Rhino

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 14, 2022, 5:30:09 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
Ian subscribed but there's no excuse for him not posting reviews.

I had separate threads for both the first and second episodes.

anim8rfsk

Jan 14, 2022, 5:41:35 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
It’s on his list.

chromebook test

Jan 14, 2022, 6:01:08 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
Unafraid of spoilers, I always fast forward to see how it ends :(

Rhino

Jan 14, 2022, 6:48:55 PM (11 days ago) Jan 14
I had trouble finding the first episode so decided to accumulate the
rest of the season then try again to find a real first episode; if I had
struck out, I would have just deleted the whole kit and kaboodle unseen.
But as it turned out, I found a first episode and then binge-watched it.
That was well after your threads were gone.

--
Rhino