Tonight's premieres and other notes (Sunday, Jan. 17)

Robin Miller

Jan 17, 2016, 2:41:49 AM1/17/16

In addition to two NFL playoff games, we have today:

Bob's Burgers (returns from hiatus) (7:30 pm, Fox)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/bobs-burgers/listings/

21st Annual Critics’ Choice Awards (special) (8-11 pm,
A&E/Lifetime/LMN)

Showcases the achievements of some of the biggest names in television
and film today.

http://mynewsla.com/hollywood/2016/01/16/mad-max-leads-nominations-for-21st-annual-critics-choice-awards/

http://www.criticschoice.com/movie-awards/

The Circus: Inside the Greatest Political Show on Earth [news]
(8 pm, Showtime)

New weekly series produced by political writers Mark Halperin and John
Heilemann goes behind the scenes in the 2016 presidential race.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/circus/listings/

http://www.sho.com/sho/the-circus-inside-the-greatest-political-show-on-earth/home

Rachel Hunter's Tour of Beauty [new] (8 pm, Ovation)

If anyone knows beauty, it’s supermodel Rachel Hunter. Now, she’s
revealing those secrets from the world’s most exotic locations in
Ovation’s new series, Rachel Hunter’s Tour of Beauty. Follow her as she
embarks on a global odyssey to discover the indigenous beauty regimens
of diverse cultures, from the magnetism of the Chinese Hainan people, to
the sprightly inhabitants of the Greek island of Ikaria, who live longer
than anyone else on the planet.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/rachel-hunters-tour-of-beauty/listings/

http://www.ovationtv.com/series/rachel-hunter-s-tour-of-beauty/

Los Angeles Times' The Envelope [new] (8:30 pm, Ovation)

Pull up a chair as Ovation TV, America's only arts network, offers up
off-the-cuff discussions with today's top Hollywood talent with the
premiere of Los Angeles Times' The Envelope, a five-part series
featuring the year's most-prolific film actors and directors, hosted by
Times film writers Rebecca Keegan and Mark Olsen.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/los-angeles-times-the-envelope/listings/

http://www.ovationtv.com/series/los-angeles-times-the-envelope/

Justice for MLK: The Hunt for James Earl Ray (special)
(9-11 pm, America Heroes Channel)

Honors the life and death of Dr. King with a two-hour landmark
television event with never-before-revealed details about the hunt
through new interviews with members of his tight inner circle and those
involved in the investigation. This special follows local, federal and
international investigators every step of the way as they partake in the
ultimate game of cat-and-mouse to hunt down one of the most wanted men
in history.

http://www.ahctv.com/justice-for-mlk-the-hunt-for-james-earl-ray/

The Real Housewives of Potomac [new] (9 pm, Bravo)

The first of two new Real Housewives series scheduled to debut in 2016;
The Real Housewives of Dallas will premiere later in the year.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-potomac

Sunshine Superman (documentary) (9-11 pm, CNN)

The immersive love story of Carl and Jean Boenish, the couple who
invented BASE jumping in the 1970s and '80s.

http://www.cnn.com/shows/cnn-films-sunshine-superman

Angie Tribeca [new] (9 pm, TBS)

In the satirical look at police procedurals, Rashida Jones stars as
Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s Really Heinous Crimes
Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when her boss (Jere Burns) tells her she
has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes MacArthur). The pilot
features appearances by Alfred Molina, Lisa Kudrow, Gary Cole, Nancy
Carell, and Matthew Glave. The entire 10-episode first season will be
shown over a 25-hour marathon ending at 10 pm on Monday, including a
complete run from 9 pm through 2 am; this five-hour block will then be
repeated four more times. A second season of ten episodes is scheduled
to debut at 9:30 p.m. Mondays, starting Jan. 25, with one episode
broadcast per week.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3597790/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angie_Tribeca

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/angie-tribeca/listings/

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/angie-tribeca [Metacritic score 76]

https://twitter.com/AngieTribecaTBS

http://www.tbs.com/shows/angie-tribeca.html

Democratic Party Debate (special) (9-11 pm,
NBC)

Flower Shop Mystery: Mum's the Word (movie) (9
pm, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries)

Abby Knight (Brooke Shields), a former lawyer turned proud flower shop
owner is starting over after the death of her husband with the support
from her father (Beau Bridges), a new business and her daughter off to
college. Life is good in the peaceful town of New Chapel but when a
black SUV rams her prized vintage car, she’s determined to track down
the driver. She begrudgingly accepts the help of a new neighbor, the
handsome and charming ex-Marine Marco Salvare (Brennan Elliott) who just
bought the bar down the street. But their budding relationship is
threatened when an acquaintance is murdered and Abby’s good friend is
the prime suspect and it all links back to the hit and run. Caught up
in a tangle of menacing phone calls, police corruption and murderous
road rage, Abby must work against the clock to find the killer or the
next flower arrangement might be for her own funeral. Based on the novel
by Kate Collins; a proposed new mystery series by HMM.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5211694/

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/flower-shop-mysteries-mums-the-word

Billions [new] (10 pm, Showtime)

Billions is a bold, contemporary drama that melds the worlds of
ultra-wealth, influence and corruption as personified in two highly
ambitious opposing figures: hard-charging, blue-blooded, politically
connected U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades (Paul Giamatti) and brilliant,
calculating, blue-collar billionaire hedge fund king, Bobby "Axe"
Axelrod (Damian Lewis). Set amongst the Machiavellian machinations of
New York City power politics and finance, Billions weaves a complex,
intricate narrative featuring a high-stakes game of
predator-versus-prey. Maggie Siff, Malin Akerman, Toby Leonard Moore,
David Costabile and Condola Rashad also star. 12 one-hour episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4270492/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billions_%28TV_series%29

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/billions/listings/

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/billions [Metacritic score 69]

http://www.sho.com/sho/billions/home

Mercy Street [new] (10 pm, PBS)

Follow a diverse cast of characters - doctors, nurses, contraband
laborers and Southern loyalists - who intersect in the chaotic world of
Union-occupied Alexandria, Virginia, and the Mansion House Hospital in
the early years of the Civil War. Starring Josh Radnor, Mary Elizabeth
Winstead, Gary Cole, Peter Gerety, Norbert Leo Butz and AnnaSophia
Robbin the first American drama series in more than a decade from PBS.
Produced by Ridley Scott. Six episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4597870/

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/mercy-street/listings/

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/mercy-street [Metacritic score 60]

http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-d-mercy-street-20160117-story.html

www.nytimes.com/2016/01/16/arts/television/tv-review-mercy-street-pbs.html

http://www.pbs.org/mercy-street/home/

Evil Lives Here [new] (10 pm, Investigation Discovery)

What if the person closest to you was a devil in disguise - would you
see the signs? The series explores the true, heart-stopping stories of
people who shared a home and a life with a loved one who would become a
killer.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/evil-lives-here/listings/

http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/evil-lives-here/

The Royals (season 2 finale) (10 pm, E!)

Renewed for season 3.

Also note that CBS is scheduled to run late tonight:

8 pm: 60 Minutes

9 pm: Madam Secretary

10 pm: The Good Wife

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Jan 17, 2016, 8:02:04 AM1/17/16
In article <dg0uto...@mid.individual.net>,
All very odd - it seems as if you're saying there's nothing on then?

Thanks

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ian J. Ball

Jan 17, 2016, 1:01:30 PM1/17/16
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> In addition to two NFL playoff games, we have today:
>

> Mercy Street [new] (10 pm, PBS)
>
> Follow a diverse cast of characters - doctors, nurses, contraband
> laborers and Southern loyalists - who intersect in the chaotic world of
> Union-occupied Alexandria, Virginia, and the Mansion House Hospital in
> the early years of the Civil War. Starring Josh Radnor, Mary Elizabeth
> Winstead, Gary Cole, Peter Gerety, Norbert Leo Butz and AnnaSophia
> Robb in the first American drama series in more than a decade from PBS.
> Produced by Ridley Scott. Six episodes.

Yes, primarily for Winstead (and Gary Cole).

> The Royals (season 2 finale) (10 pm, E!)
>
> Renewed for season 3.

They want me to give a s*** without Merritt Patterson?! Not bloody
likely!!

> Also note that CBS is scheduled to run late tonight:
>
> 8 pm: 60 Minutes
> 9 pm: Madam Secretary
> 10 pm: The Good Wife

No "Cyber!" tonite?!! [pout...]

--
"Shall we sit and ponder the futility of caring?" - Morotia M. Black (aka.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 17, 2016, 1:03:05 PM1/17/16
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Also note that CBS is scheduled to run late tonight:

>8 pm: 60 Minutes

>9 pm: Madam Secretary

>10 pm: The Good Wife

To clarify: Those are the currently scheduled start times. Anticipate
that if you set your DVR according to this schedule, you'll not record
the end of those shows.

anim8rfsk

Jan 17, 2016, 1:30:15 PM1/17/16
In article <n7gl0m$t7v$1...@news.albasani.net>,
There's just no downside.

anim8rfsk

Jan 17, 2016, 1:30:42 PM1/17/16
In article
<ijball-NO_SPAM-174...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> In article <dg0uto...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> > In addition to two NFL playoff games, we have today:
> >

> > Mercy Street [new] (10 pm, PBS)
> >
> > Follow a diverse cast of characters - doctors, nurses, contraband
> > laborers and Southern loyalists - who intersect in the chaotic world of
> > Union-occupied Alexandria, Virginia, and the Mansion House Hospital in
> > the early years of the Civil War. Starring Josh Radnor, Mary Elizabeth
> > Winstead, Gary Cole, Peter Gerety, Norbert Leo Butz and AnnaSophia
> > Robb in the first American drama series in more than a decade from PBS.
> > Produced by Ridley Scott. Six episodes.
>
> Yes, primarily for Winstead (and Gary Cole).
>
> > The Royals (season 2 finale) (10 pm, E!)
> >
> > Renewed for season 3.
>
> They want me to give a s*** without Merritt Patterson?! Not bloody
> likely!!
>
> > Also note that CBS is scheduled to run late tonight:
> >
> > 8 pm: 60 Minutes
> > 9 pm: Madam Secretary
> > 10 pm: The Good Wife
>
> No "Cyber!" tonite?!! [pout...]

The "there's just no downside" theme continues ...

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 17, 2016, 3:01:08 PM1/17/16
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>>Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>>Also note that CBS is scheduled to run late tonight:

>>>8 pm: 60 Minutes

>>>9 pm: Madam Secretary

>>>10 pm: The Good Wife

>>To clarify: Those are the currently scheduled start times. Anticipate
>>that if you set your DVR according to this schedule, you'll not record
>>the end of those shows.

>There's just no downside.

I still like The Good Wife, although they certainly have plenty of
lousy episodes. It's not like Ian would watch it.

chicagofan

Jan 17, 2016, 4:37:35 PM1/17/16
Robin Miller wrote:
> Angie Tribeca [new] (9 pm, TBS)
>
> In the satirical look at police procedurals, Rashida Jones stars as
> Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s Really Heinous Crimes
> Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when her boss (Jere Burns) tells her
> she has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes MacArthur). The pilot
> features appearances by Alfred Molina, Lisa Kudrow, Gary Cole, Nancy
> Carell, and Matthew Glave.
> The entire 10-episode first season will be shown over a 25-hour
> marathon ending at 10 pm on Monday, including a complete run from 9 pm
> through 2 am; this five-hour block will then be repeated four more times.

I couldn't find a schedule for those "4 repeats", has anyone seen it
anywhere?
bj

Obveeus

Jan 17, 2016, 4:42:19 PM1/17/16

On 1/17/2016 4:37 PM, chicagofan wrote:
> Robin Miller wrote:
>> Angie Tribeca [new] (9 pm, TBS)
>>
>> In the satirical look at police procedurals, Rashida Jones stars as
>> Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s Really Heinous Crimes
>> Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when her boss (Jere Burns) tells her
>> she has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes MacArthur). The pilot
>> features appearances by Alfred Molina, Lisa Kudrow, Gary Cole, Nancy
>> Carell, and Matthew Glave.
>> The entire 10-episode first season will be shown over a 25-hour
>> marathon ending at 10 pm on Monday, including a complete run from 9 pm
>> through 2 am; this five-hour block will then be repeated four more times.
>
> I couldn't find a schedule for those "4 repeats", has anyone seen it
> anywhere?

The 10 episodes will run 5 times in a row Sunday night and through to
Monday night.
http://www.tbs.com/schedule/eastern/list.html

anim8rfsk

Jan 17, 2016, 4:51:30 PM1/17/16
In article <n7h1do$1o7$1...@dont-email.me>, chicagofan <m...@privacy.net>
wrote:

> Robin Miller wrote:
> > Angie Tribeca [new] (9 pm, TBS)
> >
> > In the satirical look at police procedurals, Rashida Jones stars as
> > Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s Really Heinous Crimes
> > Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when her boss (Jere Burns) tells her
> > she has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes MacArthur). The pilot
> > features appearances by Alfred Molina, Lisa Kudrow, Gary Cole, Nancy
> > Carell, and Matthew Glave.
> > The entire 10-episode first season will be shown over a 25-hour
> > marathon ending at 10 pm on Monday, including a complete run from 9 pm
> > through 2 am; this five-hour block will then be repeated four more times.
>
> I couldn't find a schedule for those "4 repeats", has anyone seen it
> anywhere?
> bj

Huh? It's a 5 hour block repeated 5 times in a row to make a 25 hour
marathon. The "4 repeats" follow the first run. :)

> > A second season of ten episodes is scheduled to debut at 9:30 p.m.
> > Mondays, starting Jan. 25, with one episode broadcast per week.
> >
> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3597790/
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angie_Tribeca
> >
> > http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/angie-tribeca/listings/
> >
> > http://www.metacritic.com/tv/angie-tribeca [Metacritic score 76]
> >
> > https://twitter.com/AngieTribecaTBS
> >
> > http://www.tbs.com/shows/angie-tribeca.html

chicagofan

Jan 17, 2016, 4:59:28 PM1/17/16
I couldn't see how they could do that, when I looked it up [before
asking]. Now I've looked again, and see that these "episodes" are 20-30
mins. long, not 60. DUH! :)

Thanks!
bj

A Friend

Jan 17, 2016, 5:46:17 PM1/17/16
In article <n7h1mj$2o1$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
My DVR (DirecTV) thinks the marathon run is a different series from the
regular run, i.e., the usual one episode per week.

Obveeus

Jan 17, 2016, 8:32:15 PM1/17/16
Yep...20 or so minutes long and commercial free for 5 straight hours
supposedly.

Obveeus

Jan 17, 2016, 8:35:19 PM1/17/16

On 1/17/2016 5:46 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <n7h1mj$2o1$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> I couldn't find a schedule for those "4 repeats", has anyone seen it
>>> anywhere?
>>
>> The 10 episodes will run 5 times in a row Sunday night and through to
>> Monday night.
>> http://www.tbs.com/schedule/eastern/list.html

> My DVR (DirecTV) thinks the marathon run is a different series from the
> regular run, i.e., the usual one episode per week.

Your DVR is sort of correct. TBS will begin airing the episodes at 1
per week on January 25th...but it will be the second season of the series.

anim8rfsk

Jan 17, 2016, 9:33:22 PM1/17/16
In article <n7hf5o$i60$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
It shouldn't take 5 hours to run 10 twenty minute episodes commercial
free ... more like 3.5 ...

Obveeus

Jan 17, 2016, 9:38:53 PM1/17/16

On 1/17/2016 9:33 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <n7hf5o$i60$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> I couldn't see how they could do that, when I looked it up [before
>>> asking]. Now I've looked again, and see that these "episodes" are 20-30
>>> mins. long, not 60. DUH! :)
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> Yep...20 or so minutes long and commercial free for 5 straight hours
>> supposedly.
>
> It shouldn't take 5 hours to run 10 twenty minute episodes commercial
> free ... more like 3.5 ...

The intro to the series suggested that the live host show will feature
call in commentary from viewers fielded by cast members of the
show...so, filler programming to pad out the extra time. I suppose it
would be wrong of me to call in and try to talk to Jere Burns about
JUSTIFIED, but I cannot see any other reason to call as ANGIE TRIBECA is
horrible.

anim8rfsk

Jan 18, 2016, 12:09:05 AM1/18/16
In article <n7hj2m$s6b$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 1/17/2016 9:33 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <n7hf5o$i60$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:

hee hee

So they'll then rerun the live calls 5x?

A Friend

Jan 18, 2016, 12:30:52 AM1/18/16
In article <n7hfbf$i60$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 1/17/2016 5:46 PM, A Friend wrote:
> > In article <n7h1mj$2o1$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> The 10 episodes will run 5 times in a row Sunday night and through to
> >> Monday night.
> >> http://www.tbs.com/schedule/eastern/list.html
>

> > My DVR (DirecTV) thinks the marathon run is a different series from the
> > regular run, i.e., the usual one episode per week.
>
> Your DVR is sort of correct. TBS will begin airing the episodes at 1
> per week on January 25th...but it will be the second season of the series.

I thought I'd read that here somewhere. If so, my DVR is *really*
wrong, because the Guide information says s1e1 "Pilot" will be shown on
Mon 25 Jan at 900p ET, with a repeat three hours later.

Obveeus

Jan 18, 2016, 8:22:37 AM1/18/16

On 1/18/2016 12:30 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <n7hfbf$i60$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/17/2016 5:46 PM, A Friend wrote:

>>> My DVR (DirecTV) thinks the marathon run is a different series from the
>>> regular run, i.e., the usual one episode per week.
>>
>> Your DVR is sort of correct. TBS will begin airing the episodes at 1
>> per week on January 25th...but it will be the second season of the series.
>

> I thought I'd read that here somewhere. If so, my DVR is *really*
> wrong, because the Guide information says s1e1 "Pilot" will be shown on
> Mon 25 Jan at 900p ET, with a repeat three hours later.

Yep...the DVR is wrong (as is thefutoncritic), at least according to the
TBS press release claims that it will be season #2 that is aired on the
weekly basis starting Jan 25th. Of course, now that I've seen a few
moments of the show, I have to wonder if TBS will keep to that plan.

Obveeus

Jan 18, 2016, 8:23:58 AM1/18/16

On 1/18/2016 12:08 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <n7hj2m$s6b$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/17/2016 9:33 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

Interesting question. Maybe someone that watched the whole thing (if
any such person exists) can let us know if the 'live show' was repeating
as well or if they are keeping the cast manning the phones for 25
straight hours to fill the rerun cycles with new 'live' footage as well.

anim8rfsk

Jan 18, 2016, 10:28:46 AM1/18/16
In article <n7ios6$a2o$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 1/18/2016 12:08 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <n7hj2m$s6b$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> > wrote:

I just flicked it on, with an ep ending at the 18 minutes after the hour
mark, although it occurs to me that I have no idea how I'd know if this
segment is new without comparing it to to another segment 5 hours from
now. There's some remarkably unfunny and poorly animated segment. Now
there's some remarkably unfunny black guy and a cheap-ass plug for
Dunkin Donuts coffee.
And ... now here's a commercial. For a different show on TVLand.
And ... here's a commercial for a local business, OASIS furniture going
out of business sale.
So much for 'commercial free' by any standards.
Now the black guy is back, interviewing a mentally ill pet psychic,
who's also fat and ugly, and he introduces her as being attractive.
Now at 23 minutes after the hour they seem to be starting another
episode.
This isn't the worst show I've ever seen, but it may well be a close
second.

Obveeus

Jan 18, 2016, 1:42:50 PM1/18/16

On 1/18/2016 10:28 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <n7ios6$a2o$2...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/18/2016 12:08 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> So they'll then rerun the live calls 5x?
>> Interesting question. Maybe someone that watched the whole thing (if
>> any such person exists) can let us know if the 'live show' was repeating
>> as well or if they are keeping the cast manning the phones for 25
>> straight hours to fill the rerun cycles with new 'live' footage as well.
>
> I just flicked it on, with an ep ending at the 18 minutes after the hour
> mark, although it occurs to me that I have no idea how I'd know if this
> segment is new without comparing it to to another segment 5 hours from
> now.

Yep. With all those episodes running nose to tail with undefined
start/end times someone would have to watch it all live or set up a 5
hour recording block.

> There's some remarkably unfunny and poorly animated segment.

Are you sure you aren't watching BORDERTOWN?

> Now
> there's some remarkably unfunny black guy and a cheap-ass plug for
> Dunkin Donuts coffee.
> And ... now here's a commercial. For a different show on TVLand.
> And ... here's a commercial for a local business, OASIS furniture going
> out of business sale.
> So much for 'commercial free' by any standards.

The automobile product placements complete with an onscreen popup
website over and over in the first few minutes of the pilot were worse
than commercial interruptions.

> Now the black guy is back, interviewing a mentally ill pet psychic,
> who's also fat and ugly, and he introduces her as being attractive.
> Now at 23 minutes after the hour they seem to be starting another
> episode.
> This isn't the worst show I've ever seen, but it may well be a close
> second.

So what ranked #1?

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 18, 2016, 2:02:42 PM1/18/16
That was probably supposed to be part of the "spoof" aspect.

--
Now the Force-Ghost of DTravel since he was forced by shame to commit
hara-kiri with a dull light-spork after liking the Abrams/Bad Robot Star

anim8rfsk

Jan 18, 2016, 2:58:10 PM1/18/16
In article <n7jbi2$nkt$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
I think Crisley may be it.

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 18, 2016, 3:38:06 PM1/18/16
Not the homeless STOOPID woman?

anim8rfsk

Jan 18, 2016, 4:10:32 PM1/18/16
In article <n7jia7$jsn$1...@dont-email.me>,
I thought of her, but that's not actually a show.

Obveeus

Jan 18, 2016, 5:58:57 PM1/18/16

On 1/18/2016 2:02 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>> The automobile product placements complete with an onscreen popup
>> website over and over in the first few minutes of the pilot were worse
>> than commercial interruptions.
>>
> That was probably supposed to be part of the "spoof" aspect.

Yep...over the top annoying product placement callout as a way to spoof
product placements. It was yet another joke that fell flat. Instead,
they should have had the cops driving around in Studabakers or some such
and left the joke aspect to those that would get the product placement
spoof without any onscreen popup.

Obveeus

Jan 18, 2016, 5:59:41 PM1/18/16
...but, but...doesn't he know best?

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 18, 2016, 9:51:34 PM1/18/16
This IS a Steve Carell (aka Will Ferretface Jr.) production starring
someone known for being in an Amy Poehler vehicle. "Subtle" is not a
concept to expect here.

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 18, 2016, 9:51:56 PM1/18/16
On 1/18/2016 2:59 PM, Obveeus wrote:

That's why he's the worst.

chicagofan

Jan 21, 2016, 8:44:57 PM1/21/16
As I found out, when I came across it and tried to watch one episode. I
don't know which episode, but I didn't make it to the end. I'm sorry I
wasted everyone's time looking for it ... at a later time. :-[
bj

~consul

Jan 22, 2016, 2:19:37 PM1/22/16
On 1/17/2016 2:41 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
> Angie Tribeca [new] (9 pm, TBS)
> In the satirical look at police procedurals, Rashida Jones stars as
> Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s Really Heinous Crimes
> Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when her boss (Jere Burns) tells her
> she has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes MacArthur). The pilot
> features appearances by Alfred Molina, Lisa Kudrow, Gary Cole, Nancy
> Carell, and Matthew Glave. The entire 10-episode first season will be
> shown over a 25-hour marathon ending at 10 pm on Monday, including a
> complete run from 9 pm through 2 am; this five-hour block will then be
> repeated four more times. A second season of ten episodes is scheduled
> to debut at 9:30 p.m. Mondays, starting Jan. 25, with one episode
> broadcast per week.

How was this? Is it like Brooklyn 99? I'd watch it if it is.

anim8rfsk

Jan 22, 2016, 2:44:48 PM1/22/16
In article <n7tv70$fe6$1...@dont-email.me>,
~consul <con...@dolphinsPLEASEdelAWAY-cove.DELcom> wrote:

> On 1/17/2016 2:41 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
> > Angie Tribeca [new] (9 pm, TBS)
> > In the satirical look at police procedurals, Rashida Jones stars as
> > Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD零 Really Heinous Crimes
> > Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when her boss (Jere Burns) tells her
> > she has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes MacArthur). The pilot
> > features appearances by Alfred Molina, Lisa Kudrow, Gary Cole, Nancy
> > Carell, and Matthew Glave. The entire 10-episode first season will be
> > shown over a 25-hour marathon ending at 10 pm on Monday, including a
> > complete run from 9 pm through 2 am; this five-hour block will then be
> > repeated four more times. A second season of ten episodes is scheduled
> > to debut at 9:30 p.m. Mondays, starting Jan. 25, with one episode
> > broadcast per week.
>
> How was this? Is it like Brooklyn 99? I'd watch it if it is.

No. It's absolutely terrible, like a bad SNL sketch.

Tony Calguire

Jan 22, 2016, 3:05:59 PM1/22/16
It's 11:59 and 59 seconds. ~consul happened in rec.arts.tv today:

> On 1/17/2016 2:41 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>> Angie Tribeca [new] (9 pm, TBS)
>> In the satirical look at police procedurals, Rashida Jones stars as
>> Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s Really Heinous Crimes
>> Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when her boss (Jere Burns) tells her
>> she has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes MacArthur).
>
> How was this? Is it like Brooklyn 99? I'd watch it if it is.

A lot of the humorless people in this newsgroup are crapping on it, but it's
actually quite funny. It's like Airplane! and Naked Gun with some Sledge
Hammer thrown in.

Obveeus

Jan 22, 2016, 3:22:16 PM1/22/16

On 1/22/2016 2:44 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <n7tv70$fe6$1...@dont-email.me>,
> ~consul <con...@dolphinsPLEASEdelAWAY-cove.DELcom> wrote:
>
>> On 1/17/2016 2:41 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>> Angie Tribeca [new] (9 pm, TBS)
>>> In the satirical look at police procedurals, Rashida Jones stars as
>>> Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD¹s Really Heinous Crimes
>>> Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when her boss (Jere Burns) tells her
>>> she has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes MacArthur). The pilot
>>> features appearances by Alfred Molina, Lisa Kudrow, Gary Cole, Nancy
>>> Carell, and Matthew Glave. The entire 10-episode first season will be
>>> shown over a 25-hour marathon ending at 10 pm on Monday, including a
>>> complete run from 9 pm through 2 am; this five-hour block will then be
>>> repeated four more times. A second season of ten episodes is scheduled
>>> to debut at 9:30 p.m. Mondays, starting Jan. 25, with one episode
>>> broadcast per week.
>>
>> How was this? Is it like Brooklyn 99? I'd watch it if it is.
>
> No. It's absolutely terrible, like a bad SNL sketch.

I concur with that review. BROOKLYN NINE-NINE is silly, but it still
tries to tell a story. ANGIE TRIBECA is just a long, lame skit.