Another legislative distraction from another mass killing

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 2, 2022, 3:14:08 PM12/2/22
My state legislature is considering gun legislation during the veto session,
the last few days before the legislature goes out of business. Most
weapons sales to people under age 21 would be banned, and assault
weapons would be banned.

This just waves the red flag at the U.S. Supreme Court. I'm sure
Clarence Thomas sees an opportunity for McDonald II and a chance to rule
that 18 year old can't be restricted from buying handguns and rifles and
shotguns on age alone. And I doubt an assault weapons ban will survive
scrutiny.

It's being done win response to the mass shooting in Highland Park at
the Fourth of July parade, in which seven people were killed and 48 were
traumatically injured.

The perpetrator Robert Crimo was over 21.

On November 30 in Buffalo Grove, police discovered five corpses in an
upper middle class home. Autopsies concluded "sharp force" injuries, so
murder by stabbing. A man estranged from his family and involved in
divorce proceedings with the home about to be foreclosed upon had likely
killed his wife, their two very young daughters, his mother, and then
committed suicide.

The Walmart shooting in Chesapeake Virginia on November 22 was committed
by an employee who had worked there for years. He was age 31. He killed 6,
wounded another 6, then killed himself. With a handgun.

The state legislature which must pass legislation in reaction to recent
horrific news stories proposed legislation irrelevant to any of the
recent crimes.

I feel so much safer.

Bering Sea Bar & Brig

Dec 2, 2022, 4:54:06 PM12/2/22
Sure. Crimo in jail and most cross country loons stay close to interstates 80 & 55.
And potawatomi carry bows.

anim8rfsk

Dec 2, 2022, 9:10:25 PM12/2/22
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> My state legislature is considering gun legislation during the veto session,
> the last few days before the legislature goes out of business. Most
> weapons sales to people under age 21 would be banned, and assault
> weapons would be banned.

Do they even possibly have a definition of what an assault weapon is?

BTR1701

Dec 2, 2022, 9:18:16 PM12/2/22
In article
<2076932107.691726170.0...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> > My state legislature is considering gun legislation during the veto session,
> > the last few days before the legislature goes out of business. Most
> > weapons sales to people under age 21 would be banned, and assault
> > weapons would be banned.
>
> Do they even possibly have a definition of what an assault weapon is?

Aren't all guns assault weapons, by definition?

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 3, 2022, 12:57:06 AM12/3/22
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>>My state legislature is considering gun legislation during the veto session,
>>the last few days before the legislature goes out of business. Most
>>weapons sales to people under age 21 would be banned, and assault
>>weapons would be banned.

>Do they even possibly have a definition of what an assault weapon is?

I have no idea what the proposed legal definition might be. I'm just
pointing out that they have no clue that someone who committed mass
murder who has passed his 21st birthday is over 21, yet the age
restriction is under 21.

trotsky

Dec 3, 2022, 5:24:38 AM12/3/22
Whose arse was that "definition" pulled out of then?

Nyssa

Dec 3, 2022, 9:27:09 AM12/3/22
No, they could also be "defense weapons" just as easily.

Nyssa, who is looking at both sides now (with apologies to
the song by the same name)

anim8rfsk

Dec 3, 2022, 3:40:31 PM12/3/22
Judi and Barnabas Collins understand.

RichA

Dec 3, 2022, 7:19:38 PM12/3/22
By the LEFT'S weird thinking, paintball guns would be assault weapons.

trotsky

Dec 4, 2022, 7:24:31 AM12/4/22
By the right's weird thinking the entire country having guns equates to
"well regulated militias." Total and utter horseshit.

Ubiquitous

Dec 5, 2022, 7:45:50 AM12/5/22
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>> My state legislature is considering gun legislation during the veto
>> session, the last few days before the legislature goes out of business.
>> Most weapons sales to people under age 21 would be banned, and assault
>> weapons would be banned.
>
> Do they even possibly have a definition of what an assault weapon is?

They do, but it's wrong.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 5, 2022, 3:56:40 PM12/5/22
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>My state legislature is considering gun legislation during the veto session,
>the last few days before the legislature goes out of business. Most
>weapons sales to people under age 21 would be banned, and assault
>weapons would be banned.

>This just waves the red flag at the U.S. Supreme Court. I'm sure
>Clarence Thomas sees an opportunity for McDonald II and a chance to rule
>that 18 year old can't be restricted from buying handguns and rifles and
>shotguns on age alone. And I doubt an assault weapons ban will survive
>scrutiny.

>It's being done win response to the mass shooting in Highland Park at
>the Fourth of July parade, in which seven people were killed and 48 were
>traumatically injured.

>The perpetrator Robert Crimo was over 21.

>On November 30 in Buffalo Grove, police discovered five corpses in an
>upper middle class home. Autopsies concluded "sharp force" injuries, so
>murder by stabbing. A man estranged from his family and involved in
>divorce proceedings with the home about to be foreclosed upon had likely
>killed his wife, their two very young daughters, his mother, and then
>committed suicide.

And the story just gets worse.

Husband found dead with family in Buffalo Grove home had been barred
from house, allowed back Nov. 1
Andrei Kisliak had harassed his wife for months after filing for
divorce, but she agreed to let him move back into their home -- despite a
judge's warning.
By Andy Grimm
Chicago Sun-Times
Dec 2, 2022, 8:16pm CST
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2022/12/2/23490846/buffalo-grove-family-andrei-kisliak-divorce-judge

All the laws on the books will not protect someone who knowingly acts
against interest.