What Did You Watch? 2021-08-04 (Wednesday)

Ubiquitous

Aug 5, 2021, 7:47:59 AM8/5/21
On game night, I watched:

Nothing.

What did you watch?

--
Trump won.

Ian J. Ball

Aug 5, 2021, 12:18:37 PM8/5/21
On 2021-08-05 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> On game night, I watched:
>
> Nothing.
>
> What did you watch?

Titans (HBO Max) - "Jason Todd" and "Asylum" (ep's #1.6 & #1.7).
Two really dark episodes back-to-back. :(
Now everyone on the "team" has heinously killed someone. :/
The "Jason Todd" epie was a complete sideshow that ended up having
little of Kori, Gar, and Rachel - Dick has to do a "side-mission"
(about Dick's past) with the "new" Robin, Jason Todd, and we find out
that the new Robin is a complete psychopath. (Batman is really OK with
this?!) The others find out from the Nuclear Family's "handler" that
Rachel's real mom is still alive and is being held captive.
In "Asylum", they go looking for Rachel's real mother (it's
"Tickles" Nichols!!), and end up all getting captured in said "asylum",
where everybody except Rachel gets tortured. Eventually, Rachel
heinously kills the Nuclear Family's "handler", and thus is able to
free Gar (who also kills someone), Kori, and then Dick, and they all
escape with Mommy/"Tickles"(!!), killing everyone else that's left in
the "asylum" (which, in this case, seems like a smart call!!).

soaps: GH - Chase knows he's surrounded by "cheaters", but hasn't
revealed it yet. Willow's Mom Harmony is Ryan Chamberlain's care-taker,
and Alexis doesn't trust her. Trina is freaking out about her mom and
Curtis. Cameron goes to FauxCarly to ask "permission" to date Josslyn.
I think Laura is about 5 seconds away from figuring out that Spencer,
her grandson, is Ava's "stalker".

Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix) - "Painting the Clouds With Sunshine" and
"All the Devils Are Here" (ep's #3 & #4).
OK, I now am really starting to see suzeeq's point - the "past"
segments" in these episodes were a lot more interesting than the
"present" segments.
Indeed, as Anim warned, the "present" segments are now going off in
a bunch of irrelevant directions that seem to have nothing to do with
the main storyline at all - it feels like they're throwing anything at
the wall that they can to see what sticks!
In "Painting the Clouds With Sunshine", in the "past", we get
background on George (Matt Lantner) and get hints even here that he's
not on the "up and up" - as Sheldon's mental state deteriorates, George
steals some of Sheldon's drawings to try to figure them out, which
eventually puts Sheldon on a new mission. In the "present", we are
"introduced" to some dude we've never seen before, and his crew, and I
didn't give a s*** about any of this... until it intersects with Chloe
(Elena Kampouris) and threatens to make her interesting for about a
second, before they drop it.
In "All the Devils Are Here", we finally get a "Chloe episode", but
rather than make her interesting (I was really hoping she was going to
go full-on "supervillain" here and starting killin' people left and
right!!), it just doubles-down on how pathetic she is. (Sidenote: Kara
Royster pops up here as an old friend of Chloe's, and Gracie Dzienny
pops up again as Ruby Red.) In the past, though, Sheldon runs into
Depression-era troubles (i.e. he is beaten up heinously), but
eventually makes progress on his quest when he comes across an old
farmer (hey! it's Red Forman!!) with "knowledge" about Sheldon's quest.

Aftermath (Netflix) - Apparently, this literally premiered yesterday on
The 'Flix!
This was another example of what was basically a higher budget, and
"grittier" (i.e. it was, like, "PG-13+" rather than just "PG-13"),
Lifetime-type movie.
This flick stars Ashley Greene (she's only in her mid-30s, but she
looks so old to me now!! :( ) and Shawn Ashmore (not the "better"
Ashmore, Aaron! ;p ), as a troubled married couple who move into a
new home for a steal, after a heinous murder-suicide was committed on
the premises. (IMDb doesn't list her, but Paula Garcies plays the woman
selling the house to them.) Soon enough, strange things start happening
after they move into the house, especially to the wife (Greene) - is
the house haunted? or is is something else?
The explanation for this was right out of several Lifetime movies,
though this flick did mix it up with a "double-twist" that I did not
see coming. This also was probably a little more suspenseful than
usual, esp. in the flick's second half.

Tormented (Tubi) (aka. Berkshire County) - I am quite sure Arthur has
reported seeing this 2014 flick in the last couple of years, because I
remember a specific discussion about this film's "twist", a twist that
was also used in another horror movie I've seen in about the last year
or so.
Anyway, for a low-budget horror flick with a "nothing" cast (the
lead, Alysa King, is an actress who is barely above "background noise",
though I've now seen her in two or three things...), this was decent
(probably slightly better than its 4.7/10 rating on IMDb).
Alysa King stars as a bullied high schooler who has to take a
babysitting job with a girl and a boy at a remote mansion. After she
tricks the kids into going to bed early, she is soon menaced by a child
and at least two adults wearing pig masks, who clearly mean her harm
and appear to intend to take the children.
I liked this because the lead babysitter character ends up being
plucky, mostly staying ahead of the pig mask-wearing intruders. I did
see the "twist" with her call for help coming from a mile away. Also, I
was hoping for some kind of "tie in" with the "bullying" storyline, but
in the end the bullying storyline was just a distractor that ended up
not tying into the rest of the flick much at all, which was a
disappointment.
As per flicks like this, the film's final scene was stupid and
gratuitous (likely trying to set up a sequel, that never came!) - they
should have left well enough alone. The flick also has an unexpected
post-credits scene(!), though in this case it doesn't particularly add
anything.
The film's soundtrack includes a band called Twirl, that may be
worth following up on!

Arthur Lipscomb

Aug 5, 2021, 1:34:43 PM8/5/21
On 8/5/2021 9:18 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2021-08-05 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> On game night, I watched:
>>
>> Nothing.
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Titans (HBO Max) - "Jason Todd" and "Asylum" (ep's #1.6 & #1.7).
>   Two really dark episodes back-to-back.  :(
>   Now everyone on the "team" has heinously killed someone.  :/
>   The "Jason Todd" epie was a complete sideshow that ended up having
> little of Kori, Gar, and Rachel - Dick has to do a "side-mission" (about
> Dick's past) with the "new" Robin, Jason Todd, and we find out that the
> new Robin is a complete psychopath. (Batman is really OK with this?!)
> The others find out from the Nuclear Family's "handler" that Rachel's
> real mom is still alive and is being held captive.
>   In "Asylum", they go looking for Rachel's real mother (it's "Tickles"
> Nichols!!), and end up all getting captured in said "asylum", where
> everybody except Rachel gets tortured. Eventually, Rachel heinously
> kills the Nuclear Family's "handler", and thus is able to free Gar (who
> also kills someone),

Didn't he eat someone?
Wait, I thought Shawn was the better Ashmore. At least that's what I
always assumed. I couldn't say which was which by name, but based on
resume, I thought the X-Men actor was the preferred Ashmore. LOL
This doesn't ring a bell, and it's not available from Netflix. Maybe I
saw it on cable.

I watched:

Jungleland (Netflix rental) - I forgot to mention I watched this the
other day. It's a 2020 drama staring Charlie Hunnam as an ex-con who is
managing (if you can call it that) his brother's (Jack O'Connell) boxing
career (if you can call it that). They wind up in debit to a gangster
(Jonathan Majors) who offers them a shot at an underground boxing match
for big money, but first they have to transport a young woman across the
country. But as it turns out the gangster didn't have their best
interest at heart, and didn't tell them the whole story about the young
woman they are transporting across state lines. It was OK, I guess.

Dave (Fxx) - "Enlightened Dave" - This was a weird one. Dave goes to
famous record producers house for help on his new album and has a
surreal experience instead. That's about the best I can sum it up.

Motherland: Fort Salem - "Irrevocable" - This was a bit of an action
packed episode as Raelle is captured and experimented on by the evil
witch hating humans. However, a her friends go on a rescue mission to
save her. And let's just say, things get graphically violent during the
mission.

Dr. Death (Peacock) - "Occam's Razor," "Feet of Clay," and "Hardwood
Floors" - I finished the series. SPOILERS for how it all ends.

SPOILER SPACE

Once again they all blended together, but basically we finally got to
the trial. Dr. Death (Joshua Jackson) spends his time complaining about
his lawyer not being able to see his innocence and brilliance, while
berating her and threatening to fire her. He also demands that they put
him on the stand to testify because all other doctors are too stupid to
see his brilliance, and only he can explain how all of the failed
operations (34 of them) are someone else's fault. Luckily his lawyers
talk him out of that. The only strategy his legal team can come up with
is to claim Dr. Death was incompetently trained and the hospitals
ignored his incompetence for money. Dr. Death *hates* the idea but very
reluctantly agrees to go with it. But in the end, it doesn't matter,
he's sentenced to life in prison. Good! They also did the standard
text on the screen to update what happened next. It was shameful when
they showed the hospital that hired Dr. Death and covered up for him was
only fined $100,000, then had the fine rescinded. They didn't even
mention if any of his victims got any type of settlement. I hope so,
but I fear not.

Keep in mind this is a true story. They ran a commercial for a
documentary with the real life people involved. The casting department
did a pretty good job because the actors actually look like the real
people. The commercial showed Dr. Death's real "friend" still paralyzed
in the wheelchair. So many real lives this psycho ruined. I won't be
watching the documentary. The fictionalized account was enough for me.

suzeeq

Aug 5, 2021, 1:58:04 PM8/5/21
Exactly! It got so confusing and nothing held together.

anim8rfsk

Aug 5, 2021, 3:01:59 PM8/5/21
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-08-05 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> On game night, I watched:
>>
>> Nothing.
>>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Titans (HBO Max) - "Jason Todd" and "Asylum" (ep's #1.6 & #1.7).
> Two really dark episodes back-to-back. :(
> Now everyone on the "team" has heinously killed someone. :/
> The "Jason Todd" epie was a complete sideshow that ended up having
> little of Kori, Gar, and Rachel - Dick has to do a "side-mission"
> (about Dick's past) with the "new" Robin, Jason Todd, and we find out
> that the new Robin is a complete psychopath. (Batman is really OK with
> this?!)

Well, to be fair, this world’s Robin is a sadistic murderer already so how
much worse can Jason Todd be?

The others find out from the Nuclear Family’s “handler” that
> Rachel’s real mom is still alive and is being held captive.
> In "Asylum", they go looking for Rachel's real mother (it's
> "Tickles" Nichols!!), and end up all getting captured in said "asylum",
> where everybody except Rachel gets tortured. Eventually, Rachel
> heinously kills the Nuclear Family's "handler", and thus is able to
> free Gar (who also kills someone), Kori, and then Dick, and they all
> escape with Mommy/"Tickles"(!!), killing everyone else that's left in
> the "asylum" (which, in this case, seems like a smart call!!).
>

> Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix) - "Painting the Clouds With Sunshine" and
> "All the Devils Are Here" (ep's #3 & #4).
> OK, I now am really starting to see suzeeq's point - the "past"
> segments" in these episodes were a lot more interesting than the
> "present" segments.
> Indeed, as Anim warned, the "present" segments are now going off in
> a bunch of irrelevant directions that seem to have nothing to do with
> the main storyline at all - it feels like they're throwing anything at
> the wall that they can to see what sticks!

Since hyper man died in the comics almost immediately I think they may be
trying to tread water in the present while they decide if they should kill
him off in the show or not.

> In “Painting the Clouds With Sunshine”, in the “past”, we get
> background on George (Matt Lantner) and get hints even here that he’s
> not on the “up and up” - as Sheldon's mental state deteriorates, George
> steals some of Sheldon's drawings to try to figure them out, which
> eventually puts Sheldon on a new mission. In the "present", we are
> "introduced" to some dude we've never seen before, and his crew, and I
> didn't give a s*** about any of this... until it intersects with Chloe
> (Elena Kampouris) and threatens to make her interesting for about a
> second, before they drop it.
> In "All the Devils Are Here", we finally get a "Chloe episode", but
> rather than make her interesting (I was really hoping she was going to
> go full-on "supervillain" here and starting killin' people left and
> right!!), it just doubles-down on how pathetic she is. (Sidenote: Kara
> Royster pops up here as an old friend of Chloe's, and Gracie Dzienny
> pops up again as Ruby Red.) In the past, though, Sheldon runs into
> Depression-era troubles (i.e. he is beaten up heinously), but
> eventually makes progress on his quest when he comes across an old
> farmer (hey! it's Red Forman!!) with "knowledge" about Sheldon's quest.

Reds entire plot line was added for the show as padding.

> Aftermath (Netflix) - Apparently, this literally premiered yesterday on
> The 'Flix!

Added to my watchlist, thanks

> This was another example of what was basically a higher budget, and
> "grittier" (i.e. it was, like, "PG-13+" rather than just "PG-13"),
> Lifetime-type movie.
> This flick stars Ashley Greene (she's only in her mid-30s, but she

I’ve never understood why she didn’t have a career. Defeat, snatched from
the salivating jaws of victory.

> looks so old to me now!! :( ) and Shawn Ashmore (not the “better”
> Ashmore, Aaron! ;p ), as a troubled married couple who move into a
> new home for a steal, after a heinous murder-suicide was committed on
> the premises. (IMDb doesn't list her, but Paula Garcies

Defiling Gravity!

plays the woman
> selling the house to them.) Soon enough, strange things start happening
> after they move into the house, especially to the wife (Greene) - is
> the house haunted? or is is something else?
> The explanation for this was right out of several Lifetime movies,
> though this flick did mix it up with a "double-twist" that I did not
> see coming. This also was probably a little more suspenseful than
> usual, esp. in the flick's second half.

Ian J. Ball

Aug 5, 2021, 4:13:42 PM8/5/21
On 2021-08-05 17:34:35 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 8/5/2021 9:18 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2021-08-05 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> On game night, I watched:
>>>
>>> Nothing.
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Titans (HBO Max) - "Jason Todd" and "Asylum" (ep's #1.6 & #1.7).
>>   Two really dark episodes back-to-back.  :(
>>   Now everyone on the "team" has heinously killed someone.  :/
>>   The "Jason Todd" epie was a complete sideshow that ended up having
>> little of Kori, Gar, and Rachel - Dick has to do a "side-mission"
>> (about Dick's past) with the "new" Robin, Jason Todd, and we find out
>> that the new Robin is a complete psychopath. (Batman is really OK with
>> this?!) The others find out from the Nuclear Family's "handler" that
>> Rachel's real mom is still alive and is being held captive.
>>   In "Asylum", they go looking for Rachel's real mother (it's "Tickles"
>> Nichols!!), and end up all getting captured in said "asylum", where
>> everybody except Rachel gets tortured. Eventually, Rachel heinously
>> kills the Nuclear Family's "handler", and thus is able to free Gar (who
>> also kills someone),
>
> Didn't he eat someone?

No - he just bit them (to death!!).

> > Kori, and then Dick, and they all escape with
>> Mommy/"Tickles"(!!), killing everyone else that's left in the "asylum"
>> (which, in this case, seems like a smart call!!).
>>

>> Aftermath (Netflix) - Apparently, this literally premiered yesterday on
>> The 'Flix!
>>   This was another example of what was basically a higher budget, and
>> "grittier" (i.e. it was, like, "PG-13+" rather than just "PG-13"),
>> Lifetime-type movie.
>>   This flick stars Ashley Greene (she's only in her mid-30s, but she
>> looks so old to me now!!  :(  ) and Shawn Ashmore (not the "better"
>> Ashmore, Aaron!  ;p  ),
>
> Wait, I thought Shawn was the better Ashmore. At least that's what I
> always assumed. I couldn't say which was which by name, but based on
> resume, I thought the X-Men actor was the preferred Ashmore. LOL

Shawn is the more "famous" Ashmore - but I like Aaron "better" because
of "Killjoys" and "Warehouse 13"!! ;p

> > as a troubled married couple who move into a new
>> home for a steal, after a heinous murder-suicide was committed on the
>> premises. (IMDb doesn't list her, but Paula Garcies plays the woman
>> selling the house to them.) Soon enough, strange things start happening
>> after they move into the house, especially to the wife (Greene) - is
>> the house haunted? or is is something else?
>>   The explanation for this was right out of several Lifetime movies,
>> though this flick did mix it up with a "double-twist" that I did not
>> see coming. This also was probably a little more suspenseful than
>> usual, esp. in the flick's second half.
>>
>> Tormented (Tubi) (aka. Berkshire County) - I am quite sure Arthur has
>> reported seeing this 2014 flick in the last couple of years, because I
>> remember a specific discussion about this film's "twist", a twist that
>> was also used in another horror movie I've seen in about the last year
>> or so.
>>   Anyway, for a low-budget horror flick with a "nothing" cast (the
>> lead, Alysa King, is an actress who is barely above "background noise",
>> though I've now seen her in two or three things...), this was decent
>> (probably slightly better than its 4.7/10 rating on IMDb).
>>   Alysa King stars as a bullied high schooler who has to take a
>> babysitting job with a girl and a boy at a remote mansion. After she
>> tricks the kids into going to bed early, she is soon menaced by a child
>> and at least two adults wearing pig masks, who clearly mean her harm
>> and appear to intend to take the children.
>>   [snip]
>
> This doesn't ring a bell, and it's not available from Netflix. Maybe I
> saw it on cable.

I know you talked about seeing a movie about a "twist" with the 9-1-1
call, and it wasn't the movie I was reviewing at the time. So, I
surmise you were likely thinking about this movie...

> Motherland: Fort Salem - "Irrevocable"

Am thinking about putting "Jupiter's Legacy" tonight, and watching this
as I need to get to it soon!

Ian J. Ball

Aug 5, 2021, 4:20:02 PM8/5/21
On 2021-08-05 19:01:55 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2021-08-05 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> On game night, I watched:
>>>
>>> Nothing.
>>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Titans (HBO Max) - "Jason Todd" and "Asylum" (ep's #1.6 & #1.7).
>> Two really dark episodes back-to-back. :(
>> Now everyone on the "team" has heinously killed someone. :/
>> The "Jason Todd" epie was a complete sideshow that ended up having
>> little of Kori, Gar, and Rachel - Dick has to do a "side-mission"
>> (about Dick's past) with the "new" Robin, Jason Todd, and we find out
>> that the new Robin is a complete psychopath. (Batman is really OK with
>> this?!)
>
> Well, to be fair, this world’s Robin is a sadistic murderer already so
> how much worse can Jason Todd be?

I'm not sure Dick is "sadistic", but the difference is, 1) Dick
actually feels guilty about what he does, and 2) Dick doesn't
needlessly attack "innocents", esp. cops. Neither of these is true
about this show's Jason Todd. :/

> > The others find out from the Nuclear Family’s “handler” that
>> Rachel’s real mom is still alive and is being held captive.
>> In "Asylum", they go looking for Rachel's real mother (it's
>> "Tickles" Nichols!!), and end up all getting captured in said "asylum",
>> where everybody except Rachel gets tortured. Eventually, Rachel
>> heinously kills the Nuclear Family's "handler", and thus is able to
>> free Gar (who also kills someone), Kori, and then Dick, and they all
>> escape with Mommy/"Tickles"(!!), killing everyone else that's left in
>> the "asylum" (which, in this case, seems like a smart call!!).
>>

>> Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix) - "Painting the Clouds With Sunshine" and
>> "All the Devils Are Here" (ep's #3 & #4).
>> OK, I now am really starting to see suzeeq's point - the "past"
>> segments" in these episodes were a lot more interesting than the
>> "present" segments.
>> Indeed, as Anim warned, the "present" segments are now going off in
>> a bunch of irrelevant directions that seem to have nothing to do with
>> the main storyline at all - it feels like they're throwing anything at
>> the wall that they can to see what sticks!
>
> Since hyper man died in the comics almost immediately I think they may be
> trying to tread water in the present while they decide if they should
> kill him off in the show or not.

It does kind of feel like that. But if they're going to throw the
comics out the window, then couldn't they at least do something
interesting with the Chloe character?!!

>> In “Painting the Clouds With Sunshine”, in the “past”, we get
>> background on George (Matt Lantner) and get hints even here that he’s
>> not on the “up and up” - as Sheldon's mental state deteriorates, George
>> steals some of Sheldon's drawings to try to figure them out, which
>> eventually puts Sheldon on a new mission. In the "present", we are
>> "introduced" to some dude we've never seen before, and his crew, and I
>> didn't give a s*** about any of this... until it intersects with Chloe
>> (Elena Kampouris) and threatens to make her interesting for about a
>> second, before they drop it.
>> In "All the Devils Are Here", we finally get a "Chloe episode", but
>> rather than make her interesting (I was really hoping she was going to
>> go full-on "supervillain" here and starting killin' people left and
>> right!!), it just doubles-down on how pathetic she is. (Sidenote: Kara
>> Royster pops up here as an old friend of Chloe's, and Gracie Dzienny
>> pops up again as Ruby Red.) In the past, though, Sheldon runs into
>> Depression-era troubles (i.e. he is beaten up heinously), but
>> eventually makes progress on his quest when he comes across an old
>> farmer (hey! it's Red Forman!!) with "knowledge" about Sheldon's quest.
>
> Reds entire plot line was added for the show as padding.

But! Red Forman!!!

>> Aftermath (Netflix) - Apparently, this literally premiered yesterday on
>> The 'Flix!
>
> Added to my watchlist, thanks
>
>> This was another example of what was basically a higher budget, and
>> "grittier" (i.e. it was, like, "PG-13+" rather than just "PG-13"),
>> Lifetime-type movie.
>> This flick stars Ashley Greene (she's only in her mid-30s, but she
>
> I’ve never understood why she didn’t have a career. Defeat, snatched from
> the salivating jaws of victory.

There are literally zillions of people where I don't understand why
they didn't have a "bigger" career (or even much of a career at all!).

>> looks so old to me now!! :( ) and Shawn Ashmore (not the “better”
>> Ashmore, Aaron! ;p ), as a troubled married couple who move into a
>> new home for a steal, after a heinous murder-suicide was committed on
>> the premises. (IMDb doesn't list her, but Paula [Garces]
>
> Defiling Gravity!
>
> > plays the woman
>> selling the house to them.) Soon enough, strange things start happening
>> after they move into the house, especially to the wife (Greene) - is
>> the house haunted? or is is something else?
>> The explanation for this was right out of several Lifetime movies,
>> though this flick did mix it up with a "double-twist" that I did not
>> see coming. This also was probably a little more suspenseful than
>> usual, esp. in the flick's second half.

anim8rfsk

Aug 5, 2021, 6:59:48 PM8/5/21
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-08-05 19:01:55 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Titans (HBO Max) - "Jason Todd" and "Asylum" (ep's #1.6 & #1.7).
>>> Two really dark episodes back-to-back. :(
>>> Now everyone on the "team" has heinously killed someone. :/
>>> The "Jason Todd" epie was a complete sideshow that ended up having
>>> little of Kori, Gar, and Rachel - Dick has to do a "side-mission"
>>> (about Dick's past) with the "new" Robin, Jason Todd, and we find out
>>> that the new Robin is a complete psychopath. (Batman is really OK with
>>> this?!)
>>
>> Well, to be fair, this world’s Robin is a sadistic murderer already so
>> how much worse can Jason Todd be?
>
> I'm not sure Dick is "sadistic", but the difference is, 1) Dick
> actually feels guilty about what he does, and 2) Dick doesn't
> needlessly attack "innocents", esp. cops. Neither of these is true
> about this show's Jason Todd. :/

Dick will get worse

>>> The others find out from the Nuclear Family’s “handler” that
>>> Rachel’s real mom is still alive and is being held captive.
>>> In "Asylum", they go looking for Rachel's real mother (it's
>>> "Tickles" Nichols!!), and end up all getting captured in said "asylum",
>>> where everybody except Rachel gets tortured. Eventually, Rachel
>>> heinously kills the Nuclear Family's "handler", and thus is able to
>>> free Gar (who also kills someone), Kori, and then Dick, and they all
>>> escape with Mommy/"Tickles"(!!), killing everyone else that's left in
>>> the "asylum" (which, in this case, seems like a smart call!!).
>>>

>>> Jupiter's Legacy (Netflix) - "Painting the Clouds With Sunshine" and
>>> "All the Devils Are Here" (ep's #3 & #4).
>>> OK, I now am really starting to see suzeeq's point - the "past"
>>> segments" in these episodes were a lot more interesting than the
>>> "present" segments.
>>> Indeed, as Anim warned, the "present" segments are now going off in
>>> a bunch of irrelevant directions that seem to have nothing to do with
>>> the main storyline at all - it feels like they're throwing anything at
>>> the wall that they can to see what sticks!
>>
>> Since hyper man died in the comics almost immediately I think they may be
>> trying to tread water in the present while they decide if they should
>> kill him off in the show or not.
>
> It does kind of feel like that. But if they're going to throw the
> comics out the window, then couldn't they at least do something
> interesting with the Chloe character?!!

Apparently not

>>> In “Painting the Clouds With Sunshine”, in the “past”, we get
>>> background on George (Matt Lantner) and get hints even here that he’s
>>> not on the “up and up” - as Sheldon's mental state deteriorates, George
>>> steals some of Sheldon's drawings to try to figure them out, which
>>> eventually puts Sheldon on a new mission. In the "present", we are
>>> "introduced" to some dude we've never seen before, and his crew, and I
>>> didn't give a s*** about any of this... until it intersects with Chloe
>>> (Elena Kampouris) and threatens to make her interesting for about a
>>> second, before they drop it.
>>> In "All the Devils Are Here", we finally get a "Chloe episode", but
>>> rather than make her interesting (I was really hoping she was going to
>>> go full-on "supervillain" here and starting killin' people left and
>>> right!!), it just doubles-down on how pathetic she is. (Sidenote: Kara
>>> Royster pops up here as an old friend of Chloe's, and Gracie Dzienny
>>> pops up again as Ruby Red.) In the past, though, Sheldon runs into
>>> Depression-era troubles (i.e. he is beaten up heinously), but
>>> eventually makes progress on his quest when he comes across an old
>>> farmer (hey! it's Red Forman!!) with "knowledge" about Sheldon's quest.
>>
>> Reds entire plot line was added for the show as padding.
>
> But! Red Forman!!!

I know!

anim8rfsk

Aug 5, 2021, 6:59:49 PM8/5/21
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
Both were in W 13. One was the gay character and the other was the super
gay character.

Ian J. Ball

Aug 6, 2021, 10:54:52 AM8/6/21
On 2021-08-05 17:34:35 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

>> On 2021-08-05 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>
> I watched:
>
> Motherland: Fort Salem - "Irrevocable" - This was a bit of an action
> packed episode as Raelle is captured and experimented on by the evil
> witch hating humans. However, a her friends go on a rescue mission to
> save her. And let's just say, things get graphically violent during
> the mission.

This was a really good episode - by far the best epie of season #2 so
far, and I think it rivaled anything in season #1.