Actress that played "Harmony" on Buffy & Angel passes away

1 view

NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

Mar 18, 2004, 7:20:41 PM3/18/04
I found this upsetting news on another Usenet group apparently actress
Mercedes McCambridge, who's portrayed "Harmony" first on "Buffy the
Vampire Slayer" and later on "Angel" has passed on to that great stage
up in the sky. Being a genre actress (even though she hasn't always been
one!) the mainstream press has largely ignored her death until now.

The full story at this link:
http://world.std.com/~Infinity/CNN/SHOWBIZ/03/18/mercedes-obit-ap.htm

P.S. I think she looked damn good for her age.

..
Mr. Hole

Captain Infinity

Mar 18, 2004, 7:58:57 PM3/18/04
Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream From Yesterday

This is very sad news. I was just getting to like her. Never cared for
her much on Buffy, she was too much the stereotypical ditsy blond (even
if she did become a vampire) but on Angel she seemed to be growing a bit
of depth of character.

I wonder why she was living in an "assisted-living" facility. Did she
have some kind of addiction (besides human blood)?

**
Captain Infinity
..."You mean Angelique? You told me she was dead!" --Joshua Collins
"I told you I killed her. I never said she was dead." --Barnabas

Chad Irby

Mar 18, 2004, 8:12:23 PM3/18/04
In article <21404-40...@storefull-3278.bay.webtv.net>,

Mercedes McNab is the young one, who is still very much alive.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.

Fire3Sky

Mar 18, 2004, 8:13:15 PM3/18/04

>>I found this upsetting news on another Usenet group apparently actress
>>Mercedes McCambridge, who's portrayed "Harmony" first on "Buffy the
>>Vampire Slayer" and later on "Angel" has passed on

The actress who died was an elderly actress who starred in Giant with James
Dean. Not the actress who played Harmony on Buffy.

Fire3Sky

Tim McDaniel

Mar 18, 2004, 9:04:23 PM3/18/04
In article <r6hk50tnm0gn7h6gp...@4ax.com>,

Captain Infinity <Infi...@world.std.com> wrote:
>Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream From Yesterday
>NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole wrote:
>
>>I found this upsetting news on another Usenet group apparently
>>actress Mercedes McCambridge, who's portrayed "Harmony" first on
>>"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and later on "Angel" has passed on to
>>that great stage up in the sky. Being a genre actress (even though
>>she hasn't always been one!) the mainstream press has largely
>>ignored her death until now.
>>
>>The full story at this link:
>>http://world.std.com/~Infinity/CNN/SHOWBIZ/03/18/mercedes-obit-ap.htm
>
>This is very sad news. ...

Look, Captain Infinity, you're already over the bag limit. You're not
allowed to throw another hook in the water.

No, not even if you're just reeling in the clueless.

--
Tim McDaniel, tm...@panix.com; tm...@us.ibm.com is my work address

Jeffrey Murdock

Mar 18, 2004, 9:40:00 PM3/18/04
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:20:41 -0500 (EST), holef...@webtv.net (NOW
STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole) wrote:

>I found this upsetting news on another Usenet group apparently actress
>Mercedes McCambridge, who's portrayed "Harmony" first on "Buffy the
>Vampire Slayer" and later on "Angel" has passed on to that great stage
>up in the sky. Being a genre actress (even though she hasn't always been
>one!) the mainstream press has largely ignored her death until now.
>
>The full story at this link:
>http://world.std.com/~Infinity/CNN/SHOWBIZ/03/18/mercedes-obit-ap.htm

Nope, not quite. Harmony is played by Mecedes McNab who is all of 23.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-74/
--
Jeff Murdock

You are only as old as the women you feel.

Andy Jakcsy

Mar 18, 2004, 9:49:54 PM3/18/04
Hole sez:

Nice trollin' Hole.

Luckily, most Buffistas actually REMEMBER Harmony's actress's actual name...

----
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
--Sigmund Freud
"Sometimes a cake is just a cake."
--Deanna Troi, Star Trek: TNG: "Phantasms"

NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

Mar 18, 2004, 11:01:00 PM3/18/04
djax...@aol.computer (Andy Jakcsy) wrote:

>Hole sez:

>>I found this upsetting news on another
>>Usenet group apparently actress
>>Mercedes McCambridge, who's portrayed
>>"Harmony" first on "Buffy the Vampire
>>Slayer" and later on "Angel" has passed
>>on to that great stage up in the sky. Being
>>a genre actress (even though she hasn't
>>always been one!) the mainstream press
>>has largely ignored her death until now.
>>The full story at this link:
>>http://world.std.com/~Infinity/CNN/SHOWBIZ/03/18/mercedes-obit-ap.htm

>>P.S. I think she looked damn good for her
>>age.

>Nice trollin' Hole.

>Luckily, most Buffistas actually
>REMEMBER Harmony's actress's actual
>name...

That's her picture on the site. Maybe bought actresses have died and
they mixed up their photos?

aemilia

Mar 18, 2004, 11:26:09 PM3/18/04
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:58:57 -0500, Captain Infinity
<Infi...@world.std.com> wrote:

>Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream From Yesterday
>NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole wrote:
>
>>I found this upsetting news on another Usenet group apparently actress
>>Mercedes McCambridge, who's portrayed "Harmony" first on "Buffy the
>>Vampire Slayer" and later on "Angel" has passed on to that great stage
>>up in the sky. Being a genre actress (even though she hasn't always been
>>one!) the mainstream press has largely ignored her death until now.
>>
>>The full story at this link:
>>http://world.std.com/~Infinity/CNN/SHOWBIZ/03/18/mercedes-obit-ap.htm
>>
>>P.S. I think she looked damn good for her age.
>
>This is very sad news. I was just getting to like her. Never cared for
>her much on Buffy, she was too much the stereotypical ditsy blond (even
>if she did become a vampire) but on Angel she seemed to be growing a bit
>of depth of character.
>
>I wonder why she was living in an "assisted-living" facility. Did she
>have some kind of addiction (besides human blood)?

Uh...I don't think you two are thinking of the correct person.
Mercedes McCambridge was not on Buffy or Angel according to IMDB, and
it makes sense that she was in an assisted living home seeing that she
was 85 years old. The picture on the CNN page is incorrect.

aemilia

jayembee

Mar 19, 2004, 8:47:44 AM3/19/04
aemilia <aemilia_pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Captain Infinity <Infi...@world.std.com> wrote:
>
>> Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream From Yesterday
>> NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole wrote:
>>
>>> I found this upsetting news on another Usenet group
>>> apparently actress Mercedes McCambridge, who's portrayed
>>> "Harmony" first on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and later
>>> on "Angel" has passed on to that great stage up in the
>>> sky. Being a genre actress (even though she hasn't always
>>> been one!) the mainstream press has largely ignored her
>>> death until now.
>>>
>>> The full story at this link:
>>> http://world.std.com/~Infinity/CNN/SHOWBIZ/03/18/mercedes-obit-ap.htm
>>>
>>> P.S. I think she looked damn good for her age.
>
>> This is very sad news. I was just getting to like her.

> Uh...I don't think you two are thinking of the correct

> person. Mercedes McCambridge was not on Buffy or Angel
> according to IMDB, and it makes sense that she was in
> an assisted living home seeing that she was 85 years old.
> The picture on the CNN page is incorrect.

I don't think you noticed that the aforelinked page isn't
at CNN.com. The real page (with the correct photo) is at:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/18/obit.mccambridge.ap/index.html

-- jayembee

Mike Harrison

Mar 19, 2004, 9:13:34 AM3/19/04
holef...@webtv.net (NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole) wrote in message news:<14615-405...@storefull-3272.bay.webtv.net>...

No, the idiot copied CNN's page to his personal website and replaced the photo

Steve Newport

Mar 19, 2004, 11:26:39 AM3/19/04
Mercedes McCambridge was also one of several actresses who starred in
WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF on Broadway.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com

Paul Vader

Mar 19, 2004, 11:54:54 AM3/19/04
holef...@webtv.net (NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole) writes:
>I found this upsetting news on another Usenet group apparently actress
>Mercedes McCambridge, who's portrayed "Harmony" first on "Buffy the

Lamest. Troll. Ever.

Ah, the old 'Copy a CNN page to your own website and slightly alter the
content' trick, eh? Missed it by that much.

>P.S. I think she looked damn good for her age.

P.S. I think you need to stop writing death notices for people just for
laughs, you big poopyhead.
like corkscrews.

Ian J. Ball

Mar 19, 2004, 1:09:29 PM3/19/04
In article <21404-40...@storefull-3278.bay.webtv.net>,

I particularly liked "Harmony" back in the days when she was on "Guiding
Light's" radio version in the 1930's...

--
Ian J. Ball | No good TV quotes lately... [shrug]
TV lover, and |

Corwin2

Mar 19, 2004, 2:25:02 PM3/19/04
jayembe...@snurcher.com (jayembee) wrote:

I didn't think the fake page's picture was of Mercedes McNab,
although it does vaguely (faintly?) resemble her.

jayembee

Mar 19, 2004, 3:22:25 PM3/19/04
harri...@home.com (Mike Harrison) wrote:

> holef...@webtv.net (NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole) wrote:
>>
>> That's her picture on the site. Maybe bought actresses
>> have died and they mixed up their photos?
>
> No, the idiot copied CNN's page to his personal website
> and replaced the photo

I take it you didn't notice that the person you're replying
to is said idiot.

-- jayembee

Captain Infinity

Mar 19, 2004, 3:52:34 PM3/19/04
Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream From Yesterday
jayembee wrote:

No he's not.

**
Captain Infinity
...it's 10:00 ...do you know where your pants are?

Andy Jakcsy

Mar 20, 2004, 3:50:21 AM3/20/04
jayembee sez:

No...he replied to me. Cap and Hole are the "idiots"...only because they STILL
can't hold a candle to cattlovr...or even Scally...

Captain Infinity

Mar 20, 2004, 7:53:37 AM3/20/04
Andy Jakcsy wrote:

>Cap and Hole are the "idiots"...only because they STILL
>can't hold a candle to cattlovr...or even Scally...

Ouch. You sure know how to hurt a guy. MEANIE!

**
Captain Infinity
..."Quis trolliet ipsos trollerizum?" --Blackhawk

NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

Mar 20, 2004, 9:47:39 AM3/20/04
Captain Infinity <Infi...@world.std.com> wrote:

>Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream
>From Yesterday jayembee wrote:

>>harri...@home.com (Mike Harrison)
>>wrote:

>>>holef...@webtv.net (NOW STAND

>>>No, the idiot copied CNN's page to his
>>>personal website and replaced the photo

>>I take it you didn't notice that the person
>>you're replying to is said idiot.

>No he's not.

That's right! I'm a completely different idiot, with my own idiotic
agendas.

..
Mr. Hole, tripping the light-idiotastic

NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole

Mar 20, 2004, 9:58:50 AM3/20/04
djax...@aol.computer (Andy Jakcsy) wrote:

>jayembee sez:

>>harri...@home.com (Mike Harrison)
>>wrote:

>>>holef...@webtv.net (NOW STAND

>>>No, the idiot copied CNN's page to his
>>>personal website and replaced the photo

>>I take it you didn't notice that the person
>>you're replying to is said idiot.

>No...he replied to me. Cap and Hole are
>the "idiots"...only because they STILL
>can't hold a candle to cattlovr...or even
>Scally...

Andy, I'll have you know I've held a candle to Scals on many an
occasion, and in lots of dirty ways too, because Scals loves Mr. Hole's
hot-wax lovin'.

..
Mr. Hole, after all, a dribble on the Scally's lips lasted a lifetime on
his cockney hips.

Ian J. Ball

Mar 20, 2004, 1:13:07 PM3/20/04
In article <20633-40...@storefull-3271.bay.webtv.net>,

holef...@webtv.net (NOW STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole) wrote:

> djax...@aol.computer (Andy Jakcsy) wrote:
>
> >jayembee sez:
>
> >>I take it you didn't notice that the person
> >>you're replying to is said idiot.
>
> >No...he replied to me. Cap and Hole are
> >the "idiots"...only because they STILL
> >can't hold a candle to cattlovr...or even
> >Scally...
>
> Andy, I'll have you know I've held a candle to Scals on many an
> occasion, and in lots of dirty ways too, because Scals loves
> Mr. Hole's hot-wax lovin'.

TMI.

David

Mar 20, 2004, 2:01:33 PM3/20/04
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:58:50 -0500 (EST), holef...@webtv.net (NOW

STAND BACK YOU ITs Mr Hole) wrote:

>djax...@aol.computer (Andy Jakcsy) wrote:
>
>>jayembee sez:
>
>>>harri...@home.com (Mike Harrison)

>>>I take it you didn't notice that the person
>>>you're replying to is said idiot.
>
>>No...he replied to me. Cap and Hole are
>>the "idiots"...only because they STILL
>>can't hold a candle to cattlovr...or even
>>Scally...
>
>Andy, I'll have you know I've held a candle to Scals on many an
>occasion, and in lots of dirty ways too, because Scals loves Mr. Hole's
>hot-wax lovin'.

Hey Hole, how come even in your disturbing rec.arts.tv slash fan-fics
I never get any action? It's not that I'm complaining... well maybe I
am.

P. Burrows

Mar 21, 2004, 7:01:37 PM3/21/04
In article <rbnm509f9ho27cslf...@4ax.com>,
Infi...@world.std.com says...

> Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream From Yesterday
> jayembee wrote:
>
> >harri...@home.com (Mike Harrison) wrote:

> >> No, the idiot copied CNN's page to his personal website
> >> and replaced the photo
> >
> >I take it you didn't notice that the person you're replying
> >to is said idiot.
>
> No he's not.

Honest mistake since its both persons used the same email address and
nttp host.

Captain Infinity

Mar 21, 2004, 7:43:42 PM3/21/04
Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream From Yesterday
P. Burrows wrote:

No, what I was saying is that Mr. Hole, the person he was replying to,
was not the idiot who copied CNN's page to a personal website and
replaced the photo. This is not to say that Mr. Hole is not an idiot,
just that he wasn't the idiot who did that. Some other idiot did that.