Good line from S-8 of Endeavour ep 1

RichA

Sep 21, 2021, 10:19:42 PMSep 21
"Beware judging the past by today's morality."

Your Name

Sep 21, 2021, 11:16:51 PMSep 21
On 2021-09-22 02:19:39 +0000, RichA said:

> "Beware judging the past by today's morality."

One of the Sky TV channels here in New Zealand plays old shows, and
sometimes when flicking channels or between watching recorded shows I
catch a bit of them. One of them is the US comedy "All in the Family",
which from just brief glimspes seems to have a lot of "Political
Correctness" preaching about ethnic and women's rights, and that was in
the 1970s, so it's not anything new despite what idiots these days like
to think!

Ed Stasiak

Sep 22, 2021, 6:58:59 PMSep 22
> RichA
>
> "Beware judging the past by today's morality."

S08 of "Endeavour" has started?! Why didn't anybody tell me?!

RichA

Sep 22, 2021, 7:43:53 PMSep 22
Has it? That was just from a snippet/trailer. All I could tell was Endeavour is still at Oxford, which makes
sense after last season.

suzeeq

Sep 22, 2021, 8:27:20 PMSep 22
I think maybe in the UK and canada, not the US.

RichA

Sep 22, 2021, 9:04:59 PMSep 22
Yes, you'll have to wait for the censored version.
I can just hear them in the editing booth: "Uh, woman on autopsy table with bare breasts, we better cut it, someone might get excited..."

Ed Stasiak

Sep 23, 2021, 8:18:30 PMSep 23
> suzeeq
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > S08 of "Endeavour" has started?! Why didn't anybody tell me?!
>
> I think maybe in the UK and canada, not the US.

http://www.rarbg.to/torrents.php?search=Endeavour+S08

Though like last season, this "season" is only three (3) episodes...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endeavour_(TV_series)

Also, when did Fgenatr trg fxvaal?

RichA

Sep 23, 2021, 10:24:46 PMSep 23
More like 7 in American terms (1hr 30min each) but it's still a short season.

suzeeq

Sep 23, 2021, 11:26:38 PMSep 23
He's always been a small man in this series.

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 24, 2021, 12:00:24 AMSep 24
ITV1 aired the three episodes September 12, 19, and 26. Who knows how
far being WGBH Masterpiece on PBS will be.

trotsky

Sep 24, 2021, 5:39:23 AMSep 24
The correct way to say it is "Why didn't anybody endeavor to tell me?"
These sockpuppets are stupid as fuck.

Ed Stasiak

Sep 24, 2021, 9:28:01 PMSep 24
> suzeeq
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > Also, when did Fgenatr trg fxvaal?
> >
> He's always been a small man in this series.

He was the heftiest of the cast but now he’s skinny and znxvat zbirf ba Zvff Guhefqnl.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/45/31/c3/4531c33566421319a857d7d08d36cb69.jpg

suzeeq

Sep 25, 2021, 12:54:30 AMSep 25
The guy on the left? Okay, I thought the chief Inspector was Strange,
but his name is Bright. I never could keep the names straight except for
Thursday and Lewis.

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 25, 2021, 12:18:36 PMSep 25
In the Inspector Morse tv series, Morse's (John Thaw) detective rank is Chief
Inspector, and Strange's (James Grout) rank is Chief Superintendent.

In the Endeavour tv series, Morse (Shaun Evans) has several detective
ranks, constable and sergeant, and he's also been a uniform police
officer. Fred Thursday's (Roger Allman) detective rank varies between
Insepctor and Chief Inspector. Bright (Anton Lessor) was the Chief
Superintendent. Strange (Sean Rigby) was both a police constable and
police sergeant and later a detective sergeant.

The other character in the photograph is Dr DeBryn (James Bradshaw,
doing a mild Boris Karloff bit), the forensic pathologist. Bright does
not appear in that photograph.

suzeeq

Sep 25, 2021, 12:38:24 PMSep 25
On 9/25/2021 9:18 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> suzeeq <su...@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> He was the heftiest of the cast but now he’s skinny and znxvat zbirf ba Zvff Guhefqnl.
>
>>> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/45/31/c3/4531c33566421319a857d7d08d36cb69.jpg
>
>> The guy on the left? Okay, I thought the chief Inspector was Strange,
>> but his name is Bright. I never could keep the names straight except for
>> Thursday and Lewis.
>
> In the Inspector Morse tv series, Morse's (John Thaw) detective rank is Chief
> Inspector, and Strange's (James Grout) rank is Chief Superintendent.
>
> In the Endeavour tv series, Morse (Shaun Evans) has several detective
> ranks, constable and sergeant, and he's also been a uniform police
> officer. Fred Thursday's (Roger Allman) detective rank varies between
> Insepctor and Chief Inspector. Bright (Anton Lessor) was the Chief
> Superintendent. Strange (Sean Rigby) was both a police constable and
> police sergeant and later a detective sergeant.
>
> The other character in the photograph is Dr DeBryn (James Bradshaw,
> doing a mild Boris Karloff bit), the forensic pathologist. Bright does
> not appear in that photograph.

Right, that's when I realized I was thinking of the wrong character and
had to go look them up to figure them out. I know I probably wasn't
using the right ranks, but wanted to indicate that Bright was above them
all.

Ed Stasiak

Sep 25, 2021, 3:06:29 PMSep 25
> Adam H. Kerman
>
> In the Endeavour tv series, Morse (Shaun Evans) has several detective
> ranks, constable and sergeant, and he's also been a uniform police
> officer.
>
> Strange (Sean Rigby) was both a police constable and police sergeant
> and later a detective sergeant.

And in the original “Morse” tv series that “Endeavour” is a prequel for,
Strange ends up being Morse’s boss.

https://i.postimg.cc/tTH9gJ7h/Strange-and-Morse.gif
https://ibb.co/phR913b