"A Christmas Story" Sequel Will Drop This Year. Here's When To Expect It

Ubiquitous

Aug 26, 2022, 8:57:15 PMAug 26
Fans got their first introduction to Ralphie's family and friends
nearly 40 years ago in the film that would become a Christmas classic -
and a sequel to "A Christmas Story" will drop this year on HBO Max in
November.

In the highly anticipated film titled "A Christmas Story Christmas,"
fans will check in on "grown-up" Ralphie - played once again by Peter
Billingsly - who "must deal with Christmas and all that comes with it,
this time as a dad," according to the a description from the streaming
site, Deadline reported in a piece published Wednesday.

"With the same attention-to-real-life tone of the first, Ralphie
reconnects with childhood friends, reconciles the passing of his Old
Man and sows the seeds for the origins of the beloved holiday classic,"
the film's logline read, per E! News,

It will reportedly take place in the 1970s, with Billingsly playing an
adult Ralphie, bringing his family to his childhood home for the
holiday, Variety reported. Erinn Hayes, Julianna Layne, River Drosche,
RD Robb and Scott Schwartz along with Zack Ward and Julie Hagerty also
star.

The new movie is directed by Clay Kaytis with producers Irwin Zwilling,
Marc Toberoff, Cale Boyter, Jay Ashenfelter, Peter Billingsley and
Vince Vaughn.

WATCH:

For those who might have somehow missed the original movie, the film
follows a kid in the 1940s, (Ralphie) on the adventure that culminates
in him getting the one Christmas gift he would die for, a Red Ryder BB
rifle from Santa Claus. Through a serious of hilarious incidents,
everyone from his teacher to the Santa Claus mall tells him he will
"shoot his eye out" if he gets one.

But regardless, Santa does deliver that BB gun on Christmas morning and
well, not to spoil it, but the advice he got from others about the
potential risks of owning a rifle do not seem completely unwarranted.

Despite the cult following the legendary Christmas movie has had, it
was originally considered a box office flop in 1983 when it hit the big
screen, E! News noted.

"A Christmas Story Christmas" debuts on HBO Max November 17.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ed Stasiak

Aug 26, 2022, 10:16:58 PMAug 26
> Ubiquitous
>
> In the highly anticipated film

Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?

> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"

What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?

moviePig

Aug 26, 2022, 10:25:59 PMAug 26
On 8/26/2022 10:16 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Ubiquitous
>>
>> In the highly anticipated film
>
> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?

Oh, I think *everyone* who anticipated it was high...

>> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
>> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
>> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
>
> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?

Surely you mean 'top/bottom'...

BTR1701

Aug 26, 2022, 10:36:52 PMAug 26
On Aug 26, 2022 at 7:16:55 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstas...@gmail.com>
wrote:
We'll be lucky if gay is all it is. We could easily end up with one of the
original boys showing back up as a woman in this thing.

A Friend

Aug 26, 2022, 10:45:52 PMAug 26
In article <6f0ea919-a267-4784...@googlegroups.com>, Ed
Stasiak <edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Ubiquitous
> >
> > In the highly anticipated film
>
> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?

Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
alone in this.

> > titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
> > Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
> > Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
>
> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?

Get over yourself, dude. If you're triggered by gay people, at least
wait until you've seen one in this movie.

BTR1701

Aug 26, 2022, 11:12:40 PMAug 26
I'd say he's more likely indicating he's triggered by the endless disingenuous
virtue-signaling from corporations on this issue and others like Black Lives
Matter.

Exxon, for example, puts a rainbow in its logo for gay pride month here. Do
you think they're doing that in Saudi Arabia, too? Or are they only doing it
in places where they think it'll make them money and not doing it where they
think it'll cost them money? In which case, do you think they actually give a
fuck about gay pride and LGBTQ=LMNOP issues or is it just all about the
quatloos?

moviePig

Aug 26, 2022, 11:21:17 PMAug 26
*Maybe* they're doing it where it's persuasive rather than suicidal...

BTR1701

Aug 26, 2022, 11:26:52 PMAug 26
The NBA virtue-signals support for Black Lives Matter in the U.S. and allows
the players to sport BLM-related slogans on their jerseys but won't allow them
to display slogans showing support for the Uyghurs that China is actively
genociding. There would be nothing 'suicidal' about allowing it. It would only
cost the NBA a shit-ton of money in revoked merchandising and television
rights in China.

Do you think the NBA actually gives a fuck about minority issues or is it just
all about the quatloos?

Arthur Lipscomb

Aug 26, 2022, 11:32:20 PMAug 26
On 8/26/2022 7:45 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <6f0ea919-a267-4784...@googlegroups.com>, Ed
> Stasiak <edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Ubiquitous
>>>
>>> In the highly anticipated film
>>
>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>

> Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
> been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
> more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
> alone in this.

They already made a sequel in 2012, "A Christmas Story 2." I've erased
it from my memory, but the one star I gave it on Netflix tells me I
hated it and never wanted to see it again.

>>> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
>>> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
>>> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"

Bringing Billingsly back is definitely a plus. I'll keep an open mind
and give it a shot, especially since Billingsly is in it.

trotsky

Aug 27, 2022, 4:52:32 AMAug 27
On 8/26/2022 10:12 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2022 at 7:45:46 PM PDT, "A Friend" <no...@noway.com> wrote:

>>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>>

>> Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
>> been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
>> more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
>> alone in this.

>>> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?
>>

>> Get over yourself, dude. If you're triggered by gay people, at least
>> wait until you've seen one in this movie.
>
> I'd say he's more likely indicating he's

Excellent sockpuppeteering.

trotsky

Aug 27, 2022, 4:59:23 AMAug 27
You're confusing the NBA with the whores of the NFL. NBA players are
allowed to kneel. Coach Steve Kerr has been extremely vocal on these
issues. And you're a fucking idiot per usual. You should acquaint
yourself with reality sometimes instead of the horseshit you consume
daily on this.

A Friend

Aug 27, 2022, 7:15:26 AMAug 27
In article <tec37v$79jn$1...@dont-email.me>, Arthur Lipscomb
<art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 8/26/2022 7:45 PM, A Friend wrote:

> >> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
> >

> > Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
> > been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
> > more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
> > alone in this.
> >

> They already made a sequel in 2012, "A Christmas Story 2." I've erased
> it from my memory, but the one star I gave it on Netflix tells me I
> hated it and never wanted to see it again.

That was the sequel, all right, but IIRC the only cast member who
carried over was Tedde Moore as the teacher. It was aka My Summer
Story.

NoBody

Aug 27, 2022, 11:02:38 AMAug 27
On Fri, 26 Aug 2022 20:56:56 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:
There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
Hollywood.

moviePig

Aug 27, 2022, 11:30:58 AMAug 27
Afaik, the NBA is largely black. Do you think their policy might be
different if they were largely Uyghur? ...or even Chinese?

As for their "virtue-signaling", I'm pretty sure my opinion of the NBA
is unaffected by what slogans I see individual players wearing...

Ubiquitous

Aug 27, 2022, 11:46:10 AMAug 27
NoB...@nowhere.com wrote:

>There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>Hollywood.

Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?

Ubiquitous

Aug 27, 2022, 11:53:49 AMAug 27
art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
> On 8/26/2022 7:45 PM, A Friend wrote:
>> Ed Stasiak <edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Ubiquitous

>>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>>
>> Speaking only for myself, I've known about it for some time and have
>> been looking forward to it. Since the original film's been running
>> more or less continuously for almost forty years, I expect I'm not
>> alone in this.
>
>They already made a sequel in 2012, "A Christmas Story 2." I've erased
>it from my memory, but the one star I gave it on Netflix tells me I
>hated it and never wanted to see it again.

Yeah, it was pretty heinous, but sequels like this stink because they feel
they have to hit all the good points of the first one like an annoying
person elbowing you in the ribs every 5 seconds saying, "remember that,
remember that...?"

BTR1701

Aug 27, 2022, 12:37:11 PMAug 27
In article <MMqOK.906386$wIO9....@fx12.iad>,
moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 8/26/2022 11:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > On Aug 26, 2022 at 8:21:10 PM PDT, "moviePig" <pwal...@moviepig.com>
> > wrote:

If they were largely Uyghur, they wouldn't have a Chinese market to
worry about in the first place.

And it's the *black* players who wanted to show support for the Uyghurs
on their jerseys who were denied permission to do by the white guys at
the top who control the NBA.

A Friend

Aug 27, 2022, 2:29:26 PMAug 27
In article <huadnUrf87ykoZf-...@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
but during the summer.

moviePig

Aug 27, 2022, 3:12:56 PMAug 27
And both actions are understandable from a PR point of view (which, yes,
is another name for "virtue-signaling", as every corporation knows).

moviePig

Aug 27, 2022, 3:14:32 PMAug 27
So, probably not in Australia either, I'm guessing...

BTR1701

Aug 27, 2022, 3:30:07 PMAug 27
In article <T0uOK.785290$5fVf....@fx09.iad>,
So PR with a dictatorial regime that's oppressing a religious minority
is more important than expressions of support for human rights.

Hmm... sounds an awful lot like what I said it was: all about the
quatloos.

moviePig

Aug 27, 2022, 4:13:50 PMAug 27
Yes, people acting in concert must occasionally contradict their own
personal wishes. What you can *hope* to do is to retain even some
principles you can't act on. And, *CEOs* ignore "quatloos" at peril.

A Friend

Aug 27, 2022, 6:08:14 PMAug 27
In article <o2uOK.785291$5fVf....@fx09.iad>, moviePig
Heh. No, it wasn't. That would have been interesting, at least.

anim8rfsk

Aug 27, 2022, 6:09:27 PMAug 27
So it’s a hallmark Christmas story.

RichA

Aug 28, 2022, 1:35:45 AMAug 28
On Friday, 26 August 2022 at 20:57:15 UTC-4, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Fans got their first introduction to Ralphie's family and friends
> nearly 40 years ago in the film that would become a Christmas classic -
> and a sequel to "A Christmas Story" will drop this year on HBO Max in
> November.
>
> In the highly anticipated film titled "A Christmas Story Christmas,"
> fans will check in on "grown-up" Ralphie - played once again by Peter
> Billingsly - who "must deal with Christmas and all that comes with it,
> this time as a dad," according to the a description from the streaming
> site, Deadline reported in a piece published Wednesday.
>
> "With the same attention-to-real-life tone of the first, Ralphie
> reconnects with childhood friends, reconciles the passing of his Old
> Man and sows the seeds for the origins of the beloved holiday classic,"
> the film's logline read, per E! News,
>
> It will reportedly take place in the 1970s, with Billingsly playing an
> adult Ralphie,

You know what would be funny? If Ralphie had turned into a ostracized geek, and instead of a BB gun, he goes out and buys an AR-15 and takes revenge on the town that rejected him.

RichA

Aug 28, 2022, 1:41:04 AMAug 28
They'd kneel a lot faster if a cop hit them in the back of the knee with a billy-club.

trotsky

Aug 28, 2022, 5:03:47 AMAug 28
You misspelled "an."

trotsky

Aug 28, 2022, 5:04:51 AMAug 28
You sound like a eunuch who has no dick either.

NoBody

Aug 28, 2022, 10:39:01 AMAug 28
On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 11:45:50 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:
Yet another example of journlistic laziness.

NoBody

Aug 28, 2022, 10:40:21 AMAug 28
It doesn't excuse the writer's ignorance of the facts. If they can't
get simple facts correct, why should we trust the media with complex
ones?

Ubiquitous

Aug 28, 2022, 11:19:00 AMAug 28
In article <270820221429214239%no...@noway.com>, no...@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> NoB...@nowhere.com wrote:

>>> There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>>> But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>>> Hollywood.
>>
>> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
>
>Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
>but during the summer.

I barely remember watching it, save for the lame callbacks. LOL

A Friend

Aug 28, 2022, 11:38:31 AMAug 28
In article <ngvmght9uq3lu0uut...@4ax.com>, NoBody
<NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 14:29:21 -0400, A Friend <no...@noway.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <huadnUrf87ykoZf-...@giganews.com>, Ubiquitous
> ><web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
> >

> >Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
> >but during the summer.
>
> It doesn't excuse the writer's ignorance of the facts.

No, it doesn't, but what I said didn't refer to that writer or any
errors they'd committed. I said that the sequel sucked. Anyone who
wants to disagree with me about that may do so, of course, but they'd
be wrong.

Ralphie's tale is a Christmastime story. It should remain one.

Bill Anderson

Aug 28, 2022, 12:29:20 PMAug 28
A Friend <no...@noway.com> wrote:
> In article <ngvmght9uq3lu0uut...@4ax.com>, NoBody
> <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 14:29:21 -0400, A Friend <no...@noway.com> wrote:

>>> Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
>>> but during the summer.
>>
>> It doesn't excuse the writer's ignorance of the facts.
>

> No, it doesn't, but what I said didn't refer to that writer or any
> errors they'd committed. I said that the sequel sucked. Anyone who
> wants to disagree with me about that may do so, of course, but they'd
> be wrong.
>
> Ralphie's tale is a Christmastime story. It should remain one.

No, in fact most of A Christmas Story has nothing to do with Christmas. If
all you know about Ralphie comes from “A Christmas Story,” then you don’t
know Ralphie and you almost certainly do not know Jean Shepherd. I never
thought of the other movies and/or PBS TV shows as “sequels“ to A Christmas
Story as much as additional filmed versions of Shepherd’s works. Some
succeeded more than others, and in my opinion none reached the heights of A
Christmas Story. Nevertheless I watched them all, and would watch more if I
could. I’ve also read the books. Jean Shepherd was a brilliant author and
talk radio innovator.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/betrayal-jean-shepherd-and-a-christmas-story/

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/in-search-of-jean-shepherds-lost-ralphie-movie.785234/

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Mack A. Damia

Aug 28, 2022, 12:34:37 PMAug 28
"A Friend" said it was a "Christmastime story"

He is correct.

A Friend

Aug 28, 2022, 2:49:26 PMAug 28
In article <O8SdnSjbTMVECpb-...@giganews.com>, Bill
Anderson <billand...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A Friend <no...@noway.com> wrote:
> > In article <ngvmght9uq3lu0uut...@4ax.com>, NoBody
> > <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> >> It doesn't excuse the writer's ignorance of the facts.
> >

> > No, it doesn't, but what I said didn't refer to that writer or any
> > errors they'd committed. I said that the sequel sucked. Anyone who
> > wants to disagree with me about that may do so, of course, but they'd
> > be wrong.
> >
> > Ralphie's tale is a Christmastime story. It should remain one.
> >

> No, in fact most of A Christmas Story has nothing to do with Christmas. If
> all you know about Ralphie comes from łA Christmas Story,˛ then you donąt
> know Ralphie and you almost certainly do not know Jean Shepherd.

I was listening to Jean Shepherd almost every night on the radio in the
1960s on WOR. I was at one or two of the live shows he did on Saturday
nights at the Limelight, and I listened to many, many more of them.

Yes, I've read the collections.

Some of the source material for A Christmas Story was drawn from
non-Yuletide tales, but what was used was compatible after a nip here
and a tuck there. (The story about the Little Orphan Annie decoder
instantly comes to mind. That one had absolutely nothing to do with
Christmas, either in print or in the movie, but it fit into the film
well enough. It also dated the film to 1940.)

I would highly recommend Phantom of the Open Hearth for non-holiday
Shep.

Bill Anderson

Aug 28, 2022, 3:05:00 PMAug 28
On 8/28/2022 1:49 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <O8SdnSjbTMVECpb-...@giganews.com>, Bill
> Anderson <billand...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> A Friend <no...@noway.com> wrote:

>>> No, it doesn't, but what I said didn't refer to that writer or any
>>> errors they'd committed. I said that the sequel sucked. Anyone who
>>> wants to disagree with me about that may do so, of course, but they'd
>>> be wrong.
>>>
>>> Ralphie's tale is a Christmastime story. It should remain one.
>>>

>> No, in fact most of A Christmas Story has nothing to do with Christmas. If
>> all you know about Ralphie comes from ³A Christmas Story,² then you don¹t
>> know Ralphie and you almost certainly do not know Jean Shepherd.
>

> I was listening to Jean Shepherd almost every night on the radio in the
> 1960s on WOR. I was at one or two of the live shows he did on Saturday
> nights at the Limelight, and I listened to many, many more of them.
>
> Yes, I've read the collections.
>
> Some of the source material for A Christmas Story was drawn from
> non-Yuletide tales, but what was used was compatible after a nip here
> and a tuck there. (The story about the Little Orphan Annie decoder
> instantly comes to mind. That one had absolutely nothing to do with
> Christmas, either in print or in the movie, but it fit into the film
> well enough. It also dated the film to 1940.)
>
> I would highly recommend Phantom of the Open Hearth for non-holiday
> Shep.

I'm glad you are a fan and I'm envious that you listened to the radio
shows live. But I'm perplexed that you would confine Ralphie's tale to
Christmastime. We seem to agree the character is far more than that.

Ubiquitous

Aug 29, 2022, 10:40:43 AMAug 29
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> NoB...@nowhere.com wrote:

>>> There was already a sequel to this movie and it didn't do well at all.
>>> But hey let's make an even worse one. Are there any NEW ideas for
>>> Hollywood.
>>
>> Kinda sad the author didn't seema ware of that, eh?
>
> Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
> but during the summer.

Christmas Story 2 didn't take place in the summer.

A Friend

Aug 29, 2022, 12:36:07 PMAug 29
In article <teij55$1380p$9...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
That wasn't the sequel, but just the second film in a planned series.
The actual sequel to the original film is called It Runs in the Family
and is also known as My Summer Story. It's from 1994.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/

Ubiquitous

Aug 29, 2022, 1:23:25 PMAug 29
In article <290820221236024822%no...@noway.com>, no...@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> no...@noway.com wrote:

>>> Among that sequel's many problems was that it wasn't set at Christmas,
>>> but during the summer.
>>
>> Christmas Story 2 didn't take place in the summer.
>
>That wasn't the sequel, but just the second film in a planned series.
>The actual sequel to the original film is called It Runs in the Family
>and is also known as My Summer Story. It's from 1994.
>
>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110168/

I did not know that!

I have no recollection of it, but judging from the trailer, I would have
NEVER guessed it was related. I'm surprised no one thought of making the link
clear.

A Friend

Aug 29, 2022, 2:49:46 PMAug 29
In article <teism8$16g2v$4...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
There's a brief scene that shows Ralph and his brother fighting about
who's going to play with the rifle. That's about it.

Ubiquitous

Aug 29, 2022, 6:11:16 PMAug 29
I meant in the trailer, like "Ralphie from Christmas Story is back in a new
movie!".

David Johnston

Sep 22, 2022, 4:14:44 PM (3 days ago) Sep 22
On 2022-08-26 8:16 p.m., Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Ubiquitous
>>
>> In the highly anticipated film
>
> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?

I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"

>> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"

That is an amazingly stupid title.

>> Ralphie - played once again by Peter Billingsly - who "must deal with
>> Christmas and all that comes with it, this time as a dad,"
>
> What's the over/under on at least one of the characters being gay?

I'd say the chances of that happening are one in a thousand.

moviePig

Sep 22, 2022, 4:25:58 PM (3 days ago) Sep 22
How about merry?

A Friend

Sep 22, 2022, 5:13:39 PM (3 days ago) Sep 22
In article <tgifnf$1oio$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, David Johnston
<davidjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2022-08-26 8:16 p.m., Ed Stasiak wrote:
> >> Ubiquitous
> >>
> >> In the highly anticipated film
> >
> > Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>
> I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"

"Totally unfamiliar"? You've never encountered any cultural references
to it at all? How did you manage that?

> >> titled "A Christmas Story Christmas," fans will check in on "grown-up"
>
> That is an amazingly stupid title.

I don't think so, but I am totally familiar with A Christmas Story.

David Johnston

Sep 22, 2022, 11:49:19 PM (2 days ago) Sep 22
On 2022-09-22 3:13 p.m., A Friend wrote:
> In article <tgifnf$1oio$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, David Johnston
> <davidjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>>
>> I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"
>

> "Totally unfamiliar"? You've never encountered any cultural references
> to it at all? How did you manage that?

I may have read the title before and forgot it due to its generic
nature. But I just read the synopsis and I definitely don't know that
story and have never seen any of it.

>> That is an amazingly stupid title.
>

> I don't think so, but I am totally familiar with A Christmas Story.

A Christmas Story Christmas? When the hell else would A Christmas Story
happen? I mean they could have just called it "Another Christmas Story"

A Friend

Sep 23, 2022, 7:18:31 AM (2 days ago) Sep 23
In article <tgjabn$shr$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, David Johnston
You've said that you know nothing at all about the original work,
including how familiar it's become over the past 40 years. Please stop
proving it.

Ubiquitous

Sep 23, 2022, 7:53:58 AM (2 days ago) Sep 23
In article <tgifnf$1oio$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, davidjo...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On 2022-08-26 8:16 p.m., Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> Ubiquitous

>>> In the highly anticipated film
>>
>> Really? A show of hands; who anticipated this, highly or otherwise?
>
> I am totally unfamiliar with "A Christmas Story"

TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

danny burstein

Sep 23, 2022, 8:38:06 AM (2 days ago) Sep 23
In <tgjabn$shr$1...@gioia.aioe.org> David Johnston <davidjo...@yahoo.com> writes:

[snip]
>> I don't think so, but I am totally familiar with A Christmas Story.

>A Christmas Story Christmas? When the hell else would A Christmas Story
>happen? I mean they could have just called it "Another Christmas Story"

Clearly you're not a New Yorker of a certain age.

We had an electronics chain store called "Crazy Eddie".

One series of memorial adverts had their spokesman
on tv with towels wiping the sweat off and off and off,
screaming out (roughly):

"It's August, the air is hot and humid. Time now
for Crazie Eddie's Chrismas Sale!"

"His prices are INSSAAANNNNEEE!"

dan...@panix.com