"Climate justice" The radical Left and their friendship with Chinese communists

5 views
Skip to first unread message

RichA

unread,
Sep 24, 2021, 10:05:27 PMSep 24
to
Does anyone with even a tiny brain believe for a second these idiot fellow travelers will ever criticize anything China, the largest emitter of pollutants and CO2 in the world does?

"This still needs to get through Congress. And even if that happens, the doubling wouldn't actually be happening until 2024."

The other big climate story was China's statement that it would not build any more coal plants overseas.

It's the second year in a row that China's President Xi Jinping has used the forum to announce significant climate policy.

While critics have pointed out that China was already in the process of slowing down these projects, there has been a general welcome for the step.

"China's overseas moratorium is a big deal," said Li Shuo from Greenpeace.

"Beijing has been the last man standing in supporting coal projects across the developing world. Its ban on these projects will significantly shape the global energy landscape in the years to come."

There are still no details on what the new commitment will mean, or when it comes into force and what exactly it . But analysis suggests that it would result in the cancellation of 11 coal projects across eight countries in Africa alone.

While applauding the move, many experts said they wanted more clarity from China on reducing its domestic reliance on coal.

China's dependence on coal is such that the country has increased its share of global coal-fired power generation to 53% in 2020.

"The main event is for China to pledge a major cut in its emissions now, in this decade, as US, EU and others have," tweeted former US climate envoy Todd Stern.

"China counts for 27% of global CO2 emissions. No chance to keep 1.5C alive unless China steps up for real," he wrote, referring to the key temperature threshold that scientists believe is the threshold of highly dangerous warming.

BTR1701

unread,
Sep 25, 2021, 3:47:33 AMSep 25
to
On Sep 24, 2021 at 7:05:24 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone with even a tiny brain believe for a second these idiot fellow
> travelers will ever criticize anything China, the largest emitter of
> pollutants and CO2 in the world does?

BIDEN: We've set a goal that by 2025 our power sector will be free of carbon.

You. Are. The. Carbon. They. Want. To. Eliminate

> "This still needs to get through Congress. And even if that happens, the
> doubling wouldn't actually be happening until 2024."
>
> The other big climate story was China's statement that it would not build any
> more coal plants overseas.
>
> It's the second year in a row that China's President Xi Jinping has used the
> forum to announce significant climate policy.

The U.N. General Assembly is even more of a clown show this year than it has
been in the past.

China unleashed a bio-engineered plague on the world and every country at the
U.N. this week is afraid to call them out on it.

That's real power.


RichA

unread,
Sep 25, 2021, 4:06:49 AMSep 25
to
Help's to have Chinese agents running WHO and Greenpeace.

trotsky

unread,
Sep 25, 2021, 4:59:51 AMSep 25
to
What does Maine Waters® think?

The Horny Goat

unread,
Sep 25, 2021, 12:51:32 PMSep 25
to
On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 02:47:25 -0500, BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

>China unleashed a bio-engineered plague on the world and every country at the
>U.N. this week is afraid to call them out on it.

I don't think that's true but what I do think is that China was
disgracefully negligent in the initial spread of the plague within
China then as it was starting to spread beyond their borders lied
about it, withheld information that could have mitigated the damage
and took steps to financially profit from the pandemic.

Given they routinely behave barbarously (I'm talking about the Meng /
Michaels case here) we (by which I mean western capitalistic states
like the US, EU, UK, CA, AU, JP) have been far too tolerant of their
behaviour and support our governments taking strong economic action to
limit the menace they pose to the world.

In 2021 I strongly think that China is every bit the #1 danger to
world peace that Germany was in 1938.

Ubiquitous

unread,
Sep 27, 2021, 8:46:11 AMSep 27
to
lcr...@home.ca wrote:

>I don't think that's true but what I do think is that China was
>disgracefully negligent in the initial spread of the plague within
>China then as it was starting to spread beyond their borders lied
>about it, withheld information that could have mitigated the damage
>and took steps to financially profit from the pandemic.

I think China's involvement was deeper than that, given what's been leaking
out.

>Given they routinely behave barbarously (I'm talking about the Meng /
>Michaels case here) we (by which I mean western capitalistic states
>like the US, EU, UK, CA, AU, JP) have been far too tolerant of their
>behaviour and support our governments taking strong economic action to
>limit the menace they pose to the world.
>
>In 2021 I strongly think that China is every bit the #1 danger to
>world peace that Germany was in 1938.

++

--
Trump won.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages