Re: 9/11 War Games

Message has been deleted

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 22, 2023, 9:54:40ā€ÆAM3/22/23
super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340...@googlegroups.com>,
> chromebook test <chromiu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:17:14?AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
>> > 9/11 War Games (The Corbett Report)
>>

>> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
>> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center,
>> take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an
>> airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
>> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
>>
>> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
>> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
>> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
>> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we could
>> have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
>>
>> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
>> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
>> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
>> Conference, April 13, 2004
>
>Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
>W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
>up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
>that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
>though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

Fuck Bill Clinton, whose administration shut down the FBI investigation
of Al-Qaeda after the first World Trade Center bombing. The embassy
bombings were under Clinton, as was the attack on the USS Cole. To
maintain diplomatic relations in Yemen, the fairly minimal FBI
investigation was shut down by the State Department while they were
after the plotters before the USS Cole attack occurred.

I've never blamed 9/11 on a failure of intelligence. It was a failure of
policing and a failure of our foreign relations to simply support
policing activities.

danny burstein

Mar 22, 2023, 10:00:09ā€ÆAM3/22/23
In <tvf1as$l80a$1...@dont-email.me> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> writes:
[snip]

>Fuck Bill Clinton, whose administration shut down the FBI investigation
>of Al-Qaeda after the first World Trade Center bombing.

Fuck a whole big bunch of folk, incuding the Manhattan District
Attorney For Life's office, which similarly minimized the murder
of Rabbi Kahane by El Sayid Nosair [a] and the mass shooting
by Ali Hassan Abu Kamal at the Empire State Building in 1997 [b]

[a] three name rule, of course
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Meir_Kahane

[b] except when it's four...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Empire_State_Building_shooting

dan...@panix.com

A Friend

Mar 22, 2023, 10:31:01ā€ÆAM3/22/23
In article
<super70s-1B20BB...@reader01.eternal-september.org>,
It wasn't unimaginable. See the pilot for the TV series The Lone
Gunmen, which ran six months before 9/11.

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 22, 2023, 10:53:06ā€ÆAM3/22/23
It doesn't matter if it were predictable. The point is that these people
were criminals first and should have been treated like that, given the
series of crimes they'd committed prior to 9/11, including the first
World Trade Center bombing, the embassy bombings, and the attack upon
the U.S.S. Cole. You investigate crime using policing methods. You go
after the known bad guys.

Bill Clinton thwarted these police investigations by failing to make it
the policy of his foreign relations. There's just no way for him to
shift what could have happened during both of his terms onto Bush's
supposed failure to act on whatever intelligence Clinton passed along.

BTR1701

Mar 22, 2023, 12:24:24ā€ÆPM3/22/23
On Mar 22, 2023 at 4:39:32 AM PDT, "super70s" <supe...@super70s.invalid>
Well, it wasn't unimaginable because Tom Clancy imagined it in his book DEBT
OF HONOR, which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.

Message has been deleted

danny burstein

Mar 22, 2023, 1:54:13ā€ÆPM3/22/23
In <KaWcnWvyooQ3tob5...@giganews.com> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> writes:

[snip]

>Well, it wasn't unimaginable because Tom Clancy imagined it in his book DEBT
>OF HONOR, which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
>that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.

and, of course, the Martian space craft smashing into
the US Capitol in "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers".

anim8rfsk

Mar 22, 2023, 2:14:48ā€ÆPM3/22/23
I love that book.

Star Trek Debt of Honor (Trade Paperback) https://a.co/d/e69Mc44

which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.

Ed Stasiak

Mar 22, 2023, 2:58:03ā€ÆPM3/22/23
> BTR1701
>
> Well, it wasn't unimaginable because Tom Clancy imagined it in his book DEBT
> OF HONOR, which was published well before 9-11. Only difference it was Japs
> that flew the plane into the Capitol, not the al-Qaedas.

Fuck BTR1701 for beating me to it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt_of_Honor

Debt of Honor is a techno-thriller novel, written by Tom Clancy and released on August 17, 1994.

"However, an embittered Japan Air Lines pilot, driven mad by the deaths of his son and brother
during the conflict, flies his Boeing 747 directly into the U.S. Capitol during a special joint
session of Congress. The president, as well as nearly the entire Congress, the Supreme Court,
and many other members of the federal government, are all killed in the attack."

In later years, the novel was noted for its similarity to the circumstances surrounding United
Airlines Flight 93, especially regarding its climax, where an embittered Japanese pilot crashes
his 747 on a joint session of Congress in the Capitol. While researching for the novel's ending,
Clancy consulted an Air Force officer and described his reaction: "I ran this idea past him and
all of a sudden this guy's eyeballing me rather closely and I said, 'Come on General, I know
you must have looked at this before, you've got to have a plan for it.' And the guy goes, 'Mr.
Clancy, to the best of my knowledge, if we had a plan to deal with this, it would be secret,
I wouldn't be able to talk to you about it, but to the best of my knowledge we've never looked
at this possibility before.'"[5]

In April 1995, United States senator Sam Nunn outlined a scenario similar to the novel's ending,
in which terrorists attack the Capitol on the night of a State of the Union address by crashing
a radio-controlled airplane filled with chemical weapons into it. Nunn concluded that the scenario
is "not far-fetched" and that the required technology is readily available.[6] However, the 9/11
Commission Report revealed that national security officials did not consider the possibility:
ā€œ[Counterterror official] Richard Clarke told us that he was concerned about the danger posed
by aircraft in the context of protecting the Atlanta Olympics of 1996, the White House complex,
and the 2001 G-8 summit in Genoa. But he attributed his awareness more to Tom Clancy novels
than to warnings from the intelligence community.ā€[7]

In the aftermath of the attacks, Clancy was called into CNN and commented on the similarity
between a plane crash depicted in the novel and the crash of United Flight 93. CNN anchor
Judy Woodruff later remarked: "People in our newsroom have been saying today that what
is happening is like right out of a Tom Clancy novel."[8]
Message has been deleted

anim8rfsk

Mar 22, 2023, 3:22:15ā€ÆPM3/22/23
The same Judy Woodruff, who asked atheists to pray on 911 because everyone
knows that atheists really pray.

trotsky

Mar 22, 2023, 5:32:01ā€ÆPM3/22/23
On 3/22/23 6:39 AM, super70s wrote:
> In article <3a74d506-4b02-4340...@googlegroups.com>,
> chromebook test <chromiu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:17:14?AM UTC-4, chromebook test wrote:
>>> 9/11 War Games (The Corbett Report)
>>

>> CONDOLEEZZA RICE: Steve, I don't think anybody could have predicted that
>> these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center,
>> take another one and slam it into the Pentagon; that they would try to use an
>> airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile.SOURCE: Press
>> Briefing by National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice, May 16, 2002
>>
>> DONALD RUMSFELD: First, I must say, I know of no intelligence during the
>> roughly six plus months leading up to September 11 th that indicated
>> terrorists intended to hijack commercial airliners and fly them into the
>> Pentagon or the World Trade Towers. If we had had such information, we could
>> have acted on it.SOURCE: September 11 Commission: Defense
>>
>> GEORGE W. BUSH: Nobody in our government, at least, and I don't think the
>> prior government, could envision flying airplanes into buildings on such a
>> massive scale.SOURCE: President Addresses the Nation in Prime Time Press
>> Conference, April 13, 2004
>
> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
> W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
> up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
> that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
> though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

Maybe Bush was buddies with the Saudis and Michael Moore delineated in
"Fahrenheit 9/11" and they're calling him "Bandar Bush," and Bush and
puppetmaster Cheney were privy to this the whole time.
Message has been deleted

Ubiquitous

Mar 23, 2023, 1:25:51ā€ÆPM3/23/23
supe...@super70s.invalid wrote:

>Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
>W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
>up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
>that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
>though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.

1) Bill Clinton is a proven compulsive liar.

2) Bill Clinton has a habit of blaming others for his mistakes.

C) Bill Clinton first made this claim shortly after THE PATH TO 9-11 aired,
if memory serves.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ubiquitous

Mar 23, 2023, 1:31:09ā€ÆPM3/23/23
In article <220320231030421729%no...@noway.com>, no...@noway.com wrote:
> super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>> Bill Clinton is on record saying he gave an explicit warning to George
>> W. during the transition that US intelligence had learned bin Laden was
>> up to something and should be monitored very closely. I don't know if
>> that warning involved planes being used as weapons of mass destruction
>> though, maybe that was too unimaginable until it happened.
>
>It wasn't unimaginable. See the pilot for the TV series The Lone
>Gunmen, which ran six months before 9/11.

Something similar happened in a FRPG from the early 1990's:
https://www.tumblr.com/shadowron/641306615538139136/chicago-ucas-from-the-neo-anarchists-guide-to

Ubiquitous

Mar 23, 2023, 1:34:44ā€ÆPM3/23/23
edstas...@gmail.com wrote:

>In April 1995, United States senator Sam Nunn outlined a scenario similar to
>the novel's ending,in which terrorists attack the Capitol on the night of a
>State of the Union address by crashing a radio-controlled airplane filled
>with chemical weapons into it.

You know, I think there was an ep of the Wonder Woman show with Lynda Carter
with that plot.

Ubiquitous

Mar 23, 2023, 1:36:20ā€ÆPM3/23/23
Well, there you go repeating things that have long since been debunked!

Micky DuPree

Mar 24, 2023, 3:48:16ā€ÆAM3/24/23
I think the whole series in on YouTube. Or if you just want to skip to
the punchline:

<https://youtu.be/E9iHZn-NcH8?t=2443>

-Micky

Message has been deleted