Alec Baldwin shoots two people and kills one, injures another

108 views
Skip to first unread message

RichA

unread,
Oct 21, 2021, 11:12:02 PMOct 21
to

BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 12:55:51 AMOct 22
to
On Oct 21, 2021 at 8:12:00 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> https://deadline.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-movie-fatal-shooting-director-crew-member-dead-rust-1234860500/

Back when I did my consulting gig on CSI:HORATIO, I remember how the studio
armorer went white as a sheet when he realized I'd been sitting around on set
all day with a loaded handgun on my hip. They apparently have ironclad rules
(which no one had mentioned to me up to that point) about who can possess and
handle firearms on a production set and when they can touch them just to
prevent things like this from happening, because although they're never loaded
with live ammo, even blanks can kill if fired at close enough range.

Makes me wonder if that's what happened here or if the gun was somehow loaded
with actual ammo. Either way, Baldwin should never have been playing around
with a gun outside of an actual filmed scene, and certainly shouldn't have
been pointing it at people. What possible reason could he have had for
pointing it at the director and the DP?

Although the police don't seem inclined to charge Baldwin criminally, he
should certainly face some kind of consequence for this.


RichA

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 1:19:22 AMOct 22
to
He joins the august group consisting of Jon Erik Hexum and Brandon Lee. Even if the idiot isn't charged criminally, the lawsuits against him should hurt.

Adam H. Kerman

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 1:36:21 AMOct 22
to
When I first heard the story, I was assuming an actor or an extra had
been shot. Then I heard Alec Baldwin fired the shot, and I figured if it
was during a take and he was following the shot, then the armorer was at
fault for failure to properly test and load the prop weapon.

Then I heard that Baldwin himself is producing, which makes him
ultimately responsible for the armorer's failures.

But then I heard... the woman he shot was the director of photography? I
just can't imagine a scenario in which a weapon aimed during a take
could be aimed at the director of photography.

It's like an episode of Columbo.

I sure don't see how Baldwin's acting career can survive.

anim8rfsk

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 4:45:45 AMOct 22
to
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2021 at 8:12:00 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> https://deadline.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-movie-fatal-shooting-director-crew-member-dead-rust-1234860500/
>
> Back when I did my consulting gig on CSI:HORATIO, I remember how the studio
armorer went white as a sheet when he realized I'd been sitting around on
set
all day with a loaded handgun on my hip. They apparently have ironclad
rules
(which no one had mentioned to me up to that point) about who can
possess and
handle firearms on a production set and when they can touch them just to
prevent things like this from happening, because although they're never
loaded
with live ammo, even blanks can kill if fired at close enough range.
>

Would you have (did you) surrender your weapon?


> Makes me wonder if that’s what happened here or if the gun was somehow loaded
with actual ammo. Either way, Baldwin should never have been playing around
with a gun outside of an actual filmed scene, and certainly shouldn't have
been pointing it at people. What possible reason could he have had for
pointing it at the director and the DP?
>

And did he fire one round or two?

The reporting on this is incompetent even for modern American journalism.
They’re saying both live round and blank and they’re saying he cocked the
gun shooting two people. And they keep saying the gun “misfired“. Idiots.




“The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it’s still on my list.”

BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 5:38:50 AMOct 22
to
In article <sktikh$r8h$1...@dont-email.me>,
Reading between the lines of admittedly horrible reporting, it sounds
like he was playing around with the gun between takes and was showing
off or something and ended up shooting two of the crew. Why it was
loaded with ammo is something else that's not explained.

BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 5:38:52 AMOct 22
to
In article
<1128336802.656584482.0...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> > On Oct 21, 2021 at 8:12:00 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>> https://deadline.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-movie-fatal-shooting-director-cr
> >>> ew-member-dead-rust-1234860500/
> >
> > Back when I did my consulting gig on CSI:HORATIO, I remember how the
> > studio armorer went white as a sheet when he realized I'd been sitting
> > around on set all day with a loaded handgun on my hip. They apparently
> > have ironclad rules (which no one had mentioned to me up to that point)
> > about who can possess and handle firearms on a production set and when
> > they can touch them just to prevent things like this from happening,
> > because although they're never loaded with live ammo, even blanks can
> > kill if fired at close enough range.

> Would you have (did you) surrender your weapon?

Not to him. I just went out and locked it up in the gun safe in the
trunk of my G-car.

> > Makes me wonder if that's what happened here or if the gun was somehow
> > loaded with actual ammo. Either way, Baldwin should never have been
> > playing around with a gun outside of an actual filmed scene, and
> > certainly shouldn't have been pointing it at people. What possible
> > reason could he have had for pointing it at the director and the DP?

> And did he fire one round or two?
>
> The reporting on this is incompetent even for modern American journalism.
> They're saying both live round and blank and they're saying he cocked the
> gun shooting two people. And they keep saying the gun "misfired". Idiots.

Yes, a combination of unclear info and a reporter ignorant about guns
and using terms that mean different things interchangeably adds up to
even crappier than usual 'journalism'.

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 7:04:08 AMOct 22
to
Another Gay/Proud Boys insurrection perhaps?

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 7:06:32 AMOct 22
to
Wow you sure like kissing Derpshit's ass. Gross.

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 7:09:36 AMOct 22
to
Excellent, now go back into the closet.

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 7:15:06 AMOct 22
to
Wait, what? Right wing shit like Daily Caller and the Federalist don't
have all the deets? This is incredibly disappointing!!!!!!!!

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 7:16:05 AMOct 22
to
On 10/22/21 4:43 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <1128336802.656584482.0...@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>>> On Oct 21, 2021 at 8:12:00 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>> https://deadline.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-movie-fatal-shooting-director-cr
>>>>> ew-member-dead-rust-1234860500/
>>>
>>> Back when I did my consulting gig on CSI:HORATIO, I remember how the
>>> studio armorer went white as a sheet when he realized I'd been sitting
>>> around on set all day with a loaded handgun on my hip. They apparently
>>> have ironclad rules (which no one had mentioned to me up to that point)
>>> about who can possess and handle firearms on a production set and when
>>> they can touch them just to prevent things like this from happening,
>>> because although they're never loaded with live ammo, even blanks can
>>> kill if fired at close enough range.
>
>> Would you have (did you) surrender your weapon?
>
> Not to him. I just went out and locked it up in the gun safe in the
> trunk of my G-car.


At least you finally admit to having a Gay car. Is it pink?


Ubiquitous

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 7:43:48 AMOct 22
to
In article <sktikh$r8h$1...@dont-email.me>, a...@chinet.com wrote:

>I sure don't see how Baldwin's acting career can survive.


TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity



Ubiquitous

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 7:46:09 AMOct 22
to
That was the first thing I thought when I heard about it because he's an
asshole.


--
Let's go Brandon!

Rhino

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 9:20:52 AMOct 22
to
On 2021-10-22 12:55 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2021 at 8:12:00 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-movie-fatal-shooting-director-crew-member-dead-rust-1234860500/
>
> Back when I did my consulting gig on CSI:HORATIO, I remember how the studio
> armorer went white as a sheet when he realized I'd been sitting around on set
> all day with a loaded handgun on my hip. They apparently have ironclad rules
> (which no one had mentioned to me up to that point) about who can possess and
> handle firearms on a production set and when they can touch them just to
> prevent things like this from happening, because although they're never loaded
> with live ammo, even blanks can kill if fired at close enough range.
>
Are you REQUIRED to be armed at all times when you are an active USSS
agent? The reason I ask is that I'm under the impression that some
police departments require you to be armed 24/7, including when you are
off-duty, so that you can act if you see a crime going down.

I remember a Third Watch episode that hinged on Faith having her backup
gun on her when she went to the bank while she was off-duty and stumbled
on a robbery. I'm not sure if that requirement is true or just something
they made up for that episode.

Of course a USSS agent isn't the same as a regular police officer so I
can imagine the rules being different even if regular cops do have to be
armed at all times.

> Makes me wonder if that's what happened here or if the gun was somehow loaded
> with actual ammo. Either way, Baldwin should never have been playing around
> with a gun outside of an actual filmed scene, and certainly shouldn't have
> been pointing it at people. What possible reason could he have had for
> pointing it at the director and the DP?
>
> Although the police don't seem inclined to charge Baldwin criminally, he
> should certainly face some kind of consequence for this.
>
>
As one of the producers of the film, I imagine he can be sued for
allowing the accident to happen in the first place by ignoring the
established safety protocols. I'm not sure if he's at any legal risk of
criminal charges, assuming he didn't actually put live rounds in the gun
himself. According to the comments under the article, some of which seem
to be written by people familiar with the rules, it would be the
armourer or prop master that would be criminally responsible if live
rounds got put in the gun.

--
Rhino

Adam H. Kerman

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 9:41:59 AMOct 22
to
I just heard this morning that he also wounded the director/writer. He's
in hospital but it doesn't say how serious his condition is.

The movie is a western set in the 1880's about... the accidental
shooting of a rancher.

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 9:50:25 AMOct 22
to
On 10/22/21 8:45 AM, super70s wrote:
>> Reading between the lines of admittedly horrible reporting, it sounds
>> like he was playing around with the gun between takes and was showing
>> off or something and ended up shooting two of the crew. Why it was
>> loaded with ammo is something else that's not explained.
>
> He didn't necessarily have to be "playing around" or "showing off," he
> could've been running through a scene with the DOP and director and for
> some reason the damn gun fired.
>
> In this day and age of digital wonder why don't they just use completely
> mock weapons on a movie set and then dub the video and sound FX in.
>
> There must be thousands of accidental shootings in the US every year and
> one is bound to happen on a movie set from time to time (as in The Crow
> almost 30 years ago).


The dipshits might want to read up on how Brandon Lee died.

Adam H. Kerman

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 10:22:57 AMOct 22
to
super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>Reading between the lines of admittedly horrible reporting, it sounds
>>like he was playing around with the gun between takes and was showing
>>off or something and ended up shooting two of the crew. Why it was
>>loaded with ammo is something else that's not explained.

>He didn't necessarily have to be "playing around" or "showing off," he
>could've been running through a scene with the DOP and director and for
>some reason the damn gun fired.

You shoot. You know better. The weapon discharged because he had his
finger on the trigger. The director of photography and the
director/writer were shot because Baldwin had aimed the gun at them.

There's just no way to shoot behind-the-camera people (the D.P. is
literally behind the camera) accidentally without having deliberately
aimed at them.

As I said elsewhere in this thread, I was completely taken aback when I
learned that the victims weren't other actors and that this wasn't
during production.

>In this day and age of digital wonder why don't they just use completely
>mock weapons on a movie set and then dub the video and sound FX in.

>There must be thousands of accidental shootings in the US every year and
>one is bound to happen on a movie set from time to time (as in The Crow
>almost 30 years ago).

The reason this is so very uncommon on movie sets is because actors are
known to be stupid, not sober, and stupid whilst sober and not sober, so
there is an employee called the armorer who retains all the weapons and
doesn't hand them to the actors till it's time to go into production.
Actors aren't allowed to load and unload their weapons either 'cuz
actors are stupid.

RichA

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 10:45:13 AMOct 22
to
First picture of Baldwin, he's on the phone after the shooting. Probably to his lawyer.

RichA

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 10:46:22 AMOct 22
to
Deets? Keep channeling the 13 year old girl in your, poofter.

moviePig

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 10:57:31 AMOct 22
to
Probably not much crappier than usual when a celebrity's involved.

RichA

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 11:32:57 AMOct 22
to
On Thursday, 21 October 2021 at 23:12:02 UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> https://deadline.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-movie-fatal-shooting-director-crew-member-dead-rust-1234860500/

Pointed gun at a camera person? Did she catch his bad side?

"Criminal negligence — when the homicide was the result of an act or a failure to act that showed wanton or reckless disregard for the lives of others. An act is generally considered negligent if a reasonable person would have foreseen that the action would endanger a life"

bruce bowser

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 11:50:51 AMOct 22
to
On Friday, October 22, 2021 at 12:55:51 AM UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2021 at 8:12:00 PM PDT, "RichA" <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > https://deadline.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-movie-fatal-shooting-director-crew-member-dead-rust-1234860500/
>
> Back when I did my consulting gig on CSI:HORATIO

You're lying. You never did any consulting anywhere.

moviePig

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 12:20:27 PMOct 22
to

anim8rfsk

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 12:50:53 PMOct 22
to
“a principal castmember cocked a gun, hitting Souza, 48 and Hutchins, 42,
on set”

That’s not how it works. That’s not how any of it works!

--

anim8rfsk

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 12:50:54 PMOct 22
to
If in as his capacity as producer Baldwin ordered the armorer to give him a
loaded weapon against all safety protocols he could well be in trouble.


Adam H. Kerman

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 1:03:09 PMOct 22
to
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>"a principal castmember cocked a gun, hitting Souza, 48 and Hutchins, 42,
>on set"

>That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works!

You're saying there's a second shooter?

Horace LaBadie

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 1:08:50 PMOct 22
to
In article
<531490523.656614076.61...@news.easynews.com>,
As I recall, Hexum shot himself in the head with a .44 loaded with
blanks on the set of Cover Up between scenes. And Brandon Lee was killed
during filming The Crow, when a metal object that had been in the
barrel of the gun was turned into a projectile.

Ian J. Ball

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 1:59:06 PMOct 22
to
Grassy knoll!!!


--
"Who would ever do this to him!?" - HottCiara on DOOL (04-27-2020), asking
who would stab Victor Kirakis... How about ANYONE WHO'S EVER MET HIM??!!

moviePig

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 2:09:44 PMOct 22
to
I'd think *everyone* who knowingly flouted safety protocols is toast...

anim8rfsk

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 2:52:33 PMOct 22
to
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-10-22 17:03:05 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "a principal castmember cocked a gun, hitting Souza, 48 and Hutchins, 42,
>>> on set"
>>
>>> That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works!
>>
>> You're saying there's a second shooter?
>
> Grassy knoll!!!
>
>

I am an unindicted co-conspirator.


BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 3:03:44 PMOct 22
to
In article
<1879094830.656621302.5...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> > On 2021-10-22 17:03:05 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
> >
> >> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
> >>
> >>> "a principal castmember cocked a gun, hitting Souza, 48 and Hutchins, 42,
> >>> on set"
> >>
> >>> That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works!
> >>
> >> You're saying there's a second shooter?
> >
> > Grassy knoll!!!

> I am an unindicted co-conspirator.

But if they're shooting this in Arizona, there are no grassy knolls.
More like brown, dusty, boiling knolls.

David Johnston

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 3:32:51 PMOct 22
to
"Gun-safety protocol on sets in the United States has improved since
then, said Steven Hall, a veteran director of photography in Britain.
But he said one of the riskiest positions to be in is behind the camera
because that person is in the line of fire in scenes where an actor
appears to point a gun at the audience."

The real question is how he managed to shoot two people. That suggests
a live round.

David Johnston

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 3:41:18 PMOct 22
to
On 2021-10-22 9:32 a.m., RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 21 October 2021 at 23:12:02 UTC-4, RichA wrote:
>> https://deadline.com/2021/10/alec-baldwin-movie-fatal-shooting-director-crew-member-dead-rust-1234860500/
>
> Pointed gun at a camera person? Did she catch his bad side?
>

In 1903 during the first showing of The Great Train the story goes that
people panicked a bit at the ending because of this bit:


https://youtu.be/y3jrB5ANUUY?t=623

Since then many many actors have "shot" at the audience. Which means
really they were shooting at the camera, and the camera operator.

Adam H. Kerman

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 3:48:07 PMOct 22
to
They weren't in production. It was between takes, but yes, I see the
point about how DURING PRODUCTION the camera operator could be in the
line of fire.

>The real question is how he managed to shoot two people. That suggests
>a live round.

You don't think he shot off multiple rounds? I think that's what
shooting two different people suggests.

moviePig

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 3:59:27 PMOct 22
to
Worth mentioning that YouTube followed that clip up, for some reason,
with the quite funny "What's My Line" appearance of Salvador Dali...

moviePig

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 4:01:04 PMOct 22
to
And, given the fatality, a lively one.

David Johnston

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 4:21:29 PMOct 22
to
Given that it seems to be an accident the most likely cause for two
people getting shot is that the bullets passed through one victim and
hit another person. That's something TV misses in human shield scenarios.

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 4:22:15 PMOct 22
to
Get a room already. I mean another room after the first few dozen.

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 4:23:50 PMOct 22
to
I don't know, if they needed a sword swallowing consult he's the guy.

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 4:26:41 PMOct 22
to
So true, if they can prove in a court of law he knew the gun had live
ammo in it you'd be right. As it is though you're pulling stuff out of
your ass as usual.

trotsky

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 4:34:35 PMOct 22
to
You're not American you piece of shit. You have no fucking idea what
urban slang is here. And that was before your precipitous cognitive
decline you fucking vegetable.

BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 4:38:06 PMOct 22
to
In article <skv6g4$19ae$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Yeah, I saw the new James Bond flick yesterday and both the girlfriend
and I laughed out loud during the gunfight at the end when Bond grabbed
a dead soldier and used him as a shield to absorb a dozen or so AK
rounds shot from another bad guy. Unless the henchmen are made of sand,
that *so* would not be a winning strategy.

BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 4:51:02 PMOct 22
to
In article
<super70s-1AAD72...@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

> In article <skuhft$uff$1...@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> > The reason this is so very uncommon on movie sets is because actors are
> > known to be stupid, not sober, and stupid whilst sober and not sober, so
> > there is an employee called the armorer who retains all the weapons and
> > doesn't hand them to the actors till it's time to go into production.
> > Actors aren't allowed to load and unload their weapons either 'cuz
> > actors are stupid.
>
> This might not have been human negligence on either Baldwin's or his
> armorer's part, the gun could have just fired for some arbitrary reason.
>
> This is of course why the gun lobby has ordered the Republican party to
> pass laws to protect gun manufacturers from being sued and prevent guns
> from being treated like any other consumer product.

(1) Guns don't just fire for no reason. Unless you're arguing the gun is
possessed by a demon or something, it's just an inanimate object. A gun
doesn't spontaneously fire any more than your car spontaneously starts
up and drives around the block a few times during the night.

(2) No, they want laws to prevent guns being treated *differently* than
any other product.

For example, in order for me to sue the manufacturer of my toaster under
product liability law, I have to show that the toaster had a defect or
malfunctioned in some way and caused me damage.

The gun grabbers, however, want to be able to sue a gun manufacturer
without having to show the gun had any defect or show that it
malfunctioned in any way. They want to do the *opposite* of what's
required of every other plaintiff and hold gun manufacturers liable
under product liability law when their product works perfectly as
designed and intended.

So Congress passed a law that shields gun manufacturers from that kind
of duplicitous end-run around the requirements of product liability law.
If a gun actually *does* malfunction and cause injury, the gun
manufacturers are still liable for it just like any other product
manufacturer would be. They're just shielded from liability from
gun-grabbing organizations who want to abuse product liability in a
disingenuous attempt to bankrupt the entire industry and make it
impossible for people to buy firearms. The grabbers have resorted to
misusing the court system to achieve what they can't achieve at the
ballot box and Congress rightly stopped that shit cold.

Horace LaBadie

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 5:01:09 PMOct 22
to
In article <skv6g4$19ae$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Hey, Gibbs deliberately shot Agent Lee on NCIS to get the terrorist
holding her hostage. She was a traitor, and gave him the nod to do it,
both of them knowing she would be killed. But this season he shot from
behind the guy holding Kasie hostage, and she was okay. She made a point
of telling Gary Cole that he should do the same if that ever happened
again.

On the other hand, a character was shot in the head from about a foot
behind her on Rizzoli & Isles, and her face was pristine after.

To be fair, police are supposed to use "light loads" in their ammo to
prevent through-and-through situations.

Neill Massello

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 5:18:18 PMOct 22
to
Baldwin is just a patsy.

Rhino

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 5:24:47 PMOct 22
to
I remember when Bruce Willis DELIBERATELY shot through the human shield
to take out the bad guy (Timothy Olyphant) in the 4th Die Hard movie. I
don't think I'd ever seen a plot do THAT before....

--
Rhino

Ed Stasiak

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 5:30:25 PMOct 22
to
> Adam H. Kerman
> > super70s
> >
> > He didn't necessarily have to be "playing around" or "showing off," he
> > could've been running through a scene with the DOP and director and
> > for some reason the damn gun fired.
>
> You shoot. You know better. The weapon discharged because he had his
> finger on the trigger. The director of photography and the director/writer
> were shot because Baldwin had aimed the gun at them.

Indeed. Baldwin is a typical idiot liberal; guns are bad when average
Americans own them but they're good when he's making money using
a gun in a movie.

I'm guessing he didn't have any firearm safety training, (also typical of
liberals) unlike Keanu Reeves, who went thru a full-on tacticool shooting
course for the “John Wick” movies, so he’d no only look like badasses in
the flick but also learned how to SAFELY handle a gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jLTSzf-5p4

> There's just no way to shoot behind-the-camera people (the D.P. is
> literally behind the camera) accidentally without having deliberately
> aimed at them.

I suppose if the scene called for Baldwin to point the gun at the camera,
then I could see it happening.

BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 5:47:49 PMOct 22
to
On Oct 22, 2021 at 2:30:23 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstas...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Adam H. Kerman
>> > super70s
>> >
>> > He didn't necessarily have to be "playing around" or "showing off," he
>> > could've been running through a scene with the DOP and director and
>> > for some reason the damn gun fired.
>>
>> You shoot. You know better. The weapon discharged because he had his
>> finger on the trigger. The director of photography and the director/writer
>> were shot because Baldwin had aimed the gun at them.
>
> Indeed. Baldwin is a typical idiot liberal; guns are bad when average
> Americans own them but they're good when he's making money using
> a gun in a movie.
>
> I'm guessing he didn't have any firearm safety training, (also typical of
> liberals) unlike Keanu Reeves, who went thru a full-on tacticool shooting
> course for the “John Wick” movies, so he’d no only look like badasses in
> the flick but also learned how to SAFELY handle a gun.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jLTSzf-5p4

I was part of a group that was invited up for a day of shooting at Taran
Tactical a couple years ago. That guy is like Mozart with a gun. It's spooky
how good (and fast) he can shoot.


anim8rfsk

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 5:55:53 PMOct 22
to
Lol

--

Ed Stasiak

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 5:56:40 PMOct 22
to
> Adam H. Kerman
> > David Johnston
> >
> > The real question is how he managed to shoot two people.
> > That suggests a live round.

It could have been a fragment of a blank round but I don’t see
how that would have enough energy to ricochet off one guy
(injuring him) and then kill another guy?

https://cdn3.volusion.com/jodua.csmpx/v/vspfiles/photos/SA37-3.jpg?1547474328

> You don't think he shot off multiple rounds? I think that's
> what shooting two different people suggests.

If it was multiple rounds and not a ricochet, Baldwin was probably
surprised by the first shot and this caused him to accidentally
pulled the trigger again.

anim8rfsk

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:01:13 PMOct 22
to
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
Robin is posting the most recent news. The last article she put up said
only one round was fired. Then again it said he fired it by cocking the
weapon.


anim8rfsk

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:01:15 PMOct 22
to
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <super70s-1AAD72...@reader02.eternal-september.org>,
> super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <skuhft$uff$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>> The reason this is so very uncommon on movie sets is because actors are
>>> known to be stupid, not sober, and stupid whilst sober and not sober, so
>>> there is an employee called the armorer who retains all the weapons and
>>> doesn't hand them to the actors till it's time to go into production.
>>> Actors aren't allowed to load and unload their weapons either 'cuz
>>> actors are stupid.
>>
>> This might not have been human negligence on either Baldwin's or his
>> armorer's part, the gun could have just fired for some arbitrary reason.
>>
>> This is of course why the gun lobby has ordered the Republican party to
>> pass laws to protect gun manufacturers from being sued and prevent guns
>> from being treated like any other consumer product.
>
> (1) Guns don't just fire for no reason. Unless you're arguing the gun is
> possessed by a demon or something, it's just an inanimate object. A gun
> doesn't spontaneously fire any more than your car spontaneously starts
> up and drives around the block a few times during the night.
>

They’re working on that.


--

anim8rfsk

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:01:16 PMOct 22
to
It worked for Ahnold in Total Recall.


moviePig

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:04:05 PMOct 22
to
Under the theory that it was a movie shot (so to speak), it wouldn't be
unusual in calling for multiple firings in rapid succession.

Adam H. Kerman

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:13:39 PMOct 22
to
super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>>super70s <supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>>He didn't necessarily have to be "playing around" or "showing off," he
>>>could've been running through a scene with the DOP and director and for
>>>some reason the damn gun fired.

>>You shoot. You know better. The weapon discharged because he had his
>>finger on the trigger. The director of photography and the
>>director/writer were shot because Baldwin had aimed the gun at them.

>>There's just no way to shoot behind-the-camera people (the D.P. is
>>literally behind the camera) accidentally without having deliberately
>>aimed at them.

>We're still learning the details, this could have been a ricochet
>situation.

Let's go with he fired repeatedly as that's a lot more likely. Yeah I
saw Deadpool did that.

>>>In this day and age of digital wonder why don't they just use completely
>>>mock weapons on a movie set and then dub the video and sound FX in.

>>>There must be thousands of accidental shootings in the US every year and
>>>one is bound to happen on a movie set from time to time (as in The Crow
>>>almost 30 years ago).

>>The reason this is so very uncommon on movie sets is because actors are
>>known to be stupid, not sober, and stupid whilst sober and not sober, so
>>there is an employee called the armorer who retains all the weapons and
>>doesn't hand them to the actors till it's time to go into production.
>>Actors aren't allowed to load and unload their weapons either 'cuz
>>actors are stupid.

>This might not have been human negligence on either Baldwin's or his
>armorer's part, the gun could have just fired for some arbitrary reason.

You said this already. You know that's not true. You're wrong here.

>This is of course why the gun lobby has ordered the Republican party to
>pass laws to protect gun manufacturers from being sued and prevent guns
>from being treated like any other consumer product.

If a gun did what you claim it could, then that's a manufacturing defect
and the manufacturer is not shielded.

Just stop talking now.

Adam H. Kerman

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:16:18 PMOct 22
to
Speed! Shoot the hostage scenario

Adam H. Kerman

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:17:10 PMOct 22
to
Isn't there an episode of The Wild Wild West in which a trick gun is set
up to do that?

David Johnston

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:25:42 PMOct 22
to
Oh that's perfectly possible. If you pull the thingie back but it
doesn't lock in place but just snaps forward again, it's like you pulled
the trigger.

BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:38:22 PMOct 22
to
On Oct 21, 2021 at 10:36:17 PM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <a...@chinet.com>
wrote:
I talked to a few actor friends about this today and they said that in any
production involving firearms, it's made clear to the actors that it's their
responsibility to check the firearm with the armorer every time it's handed to
them to ensure it's either unloaded or loaded with the proper dummy
ammunition.

So Baldwin really has no excuse for what happened here. It was his affirmative
duty to check every firearm he handled on set and he obviously didn't do it in
this case.


BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:39:11 PMOct 22
to
On Oct 22, 2021 at 3:31:53 PM PDT, "super70s" <supe...@super70s.invalid>
wrote:
> I'm arguing guns are subject to manufacturing defects like anything else
> that is designed and made by humans, there's no good reason why they
> should get special treatment under the law.

If they're *actually* defective, they don't get special treatment.


BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:43:21 PMOct 22
to
And here's a director saying the same thing:

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1451613080648130566?s=20


BTR1701

unread,
Oct 22, 2021, 6:45:58 PMOct 22