QL: Video contest

Sally Smith

Dec 8, 1992, 7:18:11 PM12/8/92
First of all, to those of you who've been wondering where I've been,
I regret to report that I seem to have gotten one of those life
things. It interferes with my net.reading something fierce. If you have
a question for me, e-mail is probably better than asking here.

Anyway, I am turning over the rest of this message to my friend Joyce
Hatcher, known to those of you who attended QL Con 1 as The Microphone
Lady. Take it away, Joyce!

-----------------------------
Hear ye, hear ye to the #1 net!

This is the second call for the QL music video contest to be held in
Los Angeles, place and date to be announced (sometime shortly before
the QL con on Feb. 14, 1993).

Rules are simple:

1. No pornography, nudity, bestiality, etc. In other words, videos
must be rated "G". Any inappropriate scenes will lead to instant
disqualification.

2. Videos can be no longer than 4 minutes, 30 seconds.

3. Videos must be submitted on VHS cassette, NTSC standard, recorded at SP.

4. Entering this contest gives consent for duplication (but _not_ sale
or public distribution) of video and videos will not be returned
unless return postage and packaging is included.

5. You do not need to be present to win.

6. No original music allowed.

7. Employees and relatives of employees of Universal Studios,
Belisarius Productions, NBC, or any organization directly connected
with "Quantum Leap" are not eligible to win. They may enter videos
which will be shown but not judged.

8. This contest is not in any way connected with, involved with,
approved by, sanctioned, or anything with Universal Studios,
Belisarius Productions, NBC, or any official organization; it is
strictly a fannish endeavor.

9. If a video was shown at the Dean Stockwell luncheon or the QL con, it
is ineligible for any prizes.

10. Please send your tapes to:

Joyce Hatcher
642 Anna Maria
Livermore, CA 94550

Entries must be postmarked by JANUARY 16, 1993 to be eligible.

--
Sally Smith (510)790-0608 sal...@netcom.com (I was sa...@tardis.tymnet.com)
I'm unemployed--these opinions *must* be mine!

Ian Collier

Dec 10, 1992, 11:05:46 AM12/10/92
In article <1992Dec9....@netcom.com>, sal...@netcom.com (Sally Smith) wrote:
[from Joyce Hatcher]

>This is the second call for the QL music video contest to be held in
>Los Angeles, place and date to be announced (sometime shortly before
>the QL con on Feb. 14, 1993).

... which explains almost every detail about the constest, except that it
appears to lack any information about just what constitutes a "music video".

Not that I'm going to enter - I'm just curious about what on earth this
contest is all about!

Ian Collier
Ian.C...@prg.ox.ac.uk | i...@ecs.ox.ac.uk

Miriam Ferziger

Dec 11, 1992, 6:24:45 PM12/11/92

Smith) wrote:

>[from Joyce Hatcher]
>>This is the second call for the QL music video contest to be held in
>>Los Angeles, place and date to be announced (sometime shortly before
>>the QL con on Feb. 14, 1993).

>... which explains almost every detail about the constest, except that it
>appears to lack any information about just what constitutes a "music video".

Fannish "music videos" consist of footage from a favorite tv show/movie/
whatever set to music appropriate to the venue. Some examples of existing
Quantum Leap videos are:

You can call Me Al
Back in Time
I Enjoy Being a Girl
Looking Through You

Sorry I'm only posting this to r.a.t., but my system doesn't believe in
cross dressing, I mean posting.

Miriam Ferziger mir...@forsythe.stanford.edu

Two hours as Samantha, and I knew that the lyrics to I ENJOY BEING A GIRL
were not written by a woman.
--Sam Beckett, "What Price, Gloria?"

Scott B. Casteel

Dec 11, 1992, 11:41:21 PM12/11/92

Does anyone know where I can find any of the QL music video tapes
(especially "You can call me Al")? If any one has them on tape,
could I get a copy? I'd pay for the tape, shipping, and your time
and effort. Just e-mail me if you have any info. Thanx in advance!
--
Scott Casteel <<sbc>>
"Wanna make somethin' out of it?"

Vidiot

Dec 12, 1992, 12:12:54 AM12/12/92

Bingo!

When I saw the posting I was wondering where the info was on what the contents
of the video should be. Will there be different types, etc?
--
harvard\ spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown

Barbara McBride

Dec 13, 1992, 2:10:44 PM12/13/92
Me too!

Babs

Barbara McBride

Dec 13, 1992, 1:40:56 PM12/13/92

In article <45...@vidiot.UUCP>, br...@vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) writes:
|> In article <2882...@uk.ac.ox.prg> i...@comlab.ox.ac.uk (Ian Collier) writes:
|> <In article <1992Dec9....@netcom.com>, sal...@netcom.com (Sally Smith) wrote:
|> <[from Joyce Hatcher]
[ call for vidoe stuff deleted ]

|> Bingo!
^^^^^^^^^^

You mean Al's involved???????

|> When I saw the posting I was wondering where the info was on what the contents
|> of the video should be. Will there be different types, etc?
|> --
|> harvard\ spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
|> Vidiot ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown
|> rutgers/ INTERNET:vidiot!brown%astroa...@spool.cs.wisc.edu
|> br...@wi.extrel.com

I couldn't resist ;^)

Babs