Lyrics to cartoon songs

Anne Crudup

Aug 10, 1994, 2:08:00 PM8/10/94
"A prehistoric monster
He came frome outer space
Created by the martians
to destroy the human race

The F.B.I. is helpless
He's twenty stories tall
What can we do?
Who can we call?

Call Tobor, the eight(h?)
man
Call Tobor, the 8th man
Quick, call Tobor
the mightiest robot of them all!"

Question: Why was he called "the eight(h?) man?"
I don't remember.

Did anyone understand the words to "The Incredible Hulk" cartoon song?

"Dr. Banner, belted by gamma rays,
Turns into the Hulk,
????? (Ain't he----- something?)

Wreckin' the town with the power of a ???
H-O monster (?) who is something, something, something."

"When Captain America throws his mighty shield,
All those who oppose must feel his shield and yeild.
When he's led to a fight, and a duel is a duel,
Then the red and the white and the blue will come through,
When Captain America throws his mighty shield!"

Does anyone remember Iron Man, Sub-mariner, Thor, or Hercules songs?

I know some of them,

Hercules, something of song and story
Hercules, winner of ancient glory
Softness in his eyes
Iron in his thighs(?)
Virtue in heart and something, something, something,
the Mighty Hercules

There was something about "only the evil fear him."

Just wondering.

zog...@acfcluster.nyu.edu

Aug 10, 1994, 5:22:25 PM8/10/94
In article <32b520$j...@emoryu1.cc.emory.edu>, lib...@cc.emory.edu (Anne Crudup) writes:
> "A prehistoric monster
> He came frome outer space
> Created by the martians
> to destroy the human race
>
> The F.B.I. is helpless
> He's twenty stories tall
> What can we do?
> Who can we call?
>
> Call Tobor, the eight(h?)
> man
> Call Tobor, the 8th man
> Quick, call Tobor
> the mightiest robot of them all!"
>
> Question: Why was he called "the eight(h?) man?"
> I don't remember.

As I recall, he was the eighth invention of Doctor Genius.

> Did anyone understand the words to "The Incredible Hulk" cartoon song?
>
> "Dr. Banner, belted by gamma rays,
> Turns into the Hulk,
> ????? (Ain't he----- something?)

I think it was "alien glamor rays"

> Wreckin' the town with the power of a ???
> H-O monster (?) who is something, something, something."
>
> "When Captain America throws his mighty shield,
> All those who oppose must feel his shield and yeild.
> When he's led to a fight, and a duel is a duel,
> Then the red and the white and the blue will come through,
> When Captain America throws his mighty shield!"
>
> Does anyone remember Iron Man, Sub-mariner, Thor, or Hercules songs?

Iron Man went like this:

Tony Stark makes you feel
He's a cool exec with a heart of steel
But Iron Man, all jets ablaze
He fights and fights with repulsor rays

Thor was something like:

From the booming bridge of Asgard
Where the booming towers roar
You'll behold a blaze of thunder,
The god of thunder, Mighty Thor!

I don't remember Sub-Mariner at all.

> I know some of them,
>
> Hercules, something of song and story
> Hercules, winner of ancient glory
> Softness in his eyes
> Iron in his thighs(?)
> Virtue in heart and something, something, something,
> the Mighty Hercules
>
> There was something about "only the evil fear him."
>
> Just wondering.

These songs are giving me heavy childhood flashbacks!

--Jennifer

Dan McKenney 513-576-3981 ITI-1

Aug 10, 1994, 6:06:05 PM8/10/94
Anne Crudup (lib...@cc.emory.edu) wrote:

: Call Tobor, the eight(h?)

: man
: Call Tobor, the 8th man
: Quick, call Tobor
: the mightiest robot of them all!"

You mean ROBOT spelled backwards ??? <g>

: Question: Why was he called "the eight(h?) man?"

Wasn't he the 8th version????

: Did anyone understand the words to "The Incredible Hulk" cartoon song?

: "Dr. Banner, belted by gamma rays,
: Turns into the Hulk,
: ????? (Ain't he----- something?)

Doc Bruce Banner ... but they changed the name to David Banner for the Bixby version
because "Bruce" was considered a gay name ... On his tomb stone, you see
David Bruce Banner.

: Wreckin' the town with the power of a ???

Dynamo

: H-O monster (?) who is something, something, something."

He's a ....

: Does anyone remember Iron Man, Sub-mariner, Thor, or Hercules songs?

I am Iron Man .... oops ... that's Ozzy's version ... <g>

or Spiderman ... Spiderman ....

Ciao,
Dan

Eric Elfman

Aug 10, 1994, 9:35:27 PM8/10/94
Anne Crudup writes:
>"A prehistoric monster
>He came frome outer space...
(and the rest of the lyrics as well!)

I could not BELIEVE you remembered those lyrics. That was my favorite
cartoon growing up. Tobor was different from other cartoon heros, especially
cartoon ROBOT heros--he had a soul. (By the way he was called the 8 Man
because he could "morph" and take on the appearance of anybody he...came...
into contact...with...HEY! I just realized this little Japanese cartoon
presaged
T2 by, what, 25 years??!! But to get back to my point, this was the reason
he was called the 8 Man--although, since he could take on many more than
just 8 appearances, it really didn't make much sense.)

It was a delight to read the lyrics to those other cartoons. I already, and
quite coincidentally, gave the lyric to SuperChicken in another post, but
here's what I remember of the terrific, jazzy Spiderman theme song:

Spiderman, Spiderman
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size
Catches thieves, just like flies
Look out! Here comes the Spiderman

In the dark of night (?)
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time

Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly neighborhood Spiderman
Is he strong? Listen bud--
He's got radioactive blood
Hey hey! Here comes the Spiderman

Sent via Earth Spirit Online - The Environmental Network - Los Angeles, CA
24hrs - 14.4 kbd, v.32 bis - GUI for MAC/Windows - (310) 264-4785
for more information send e-mail to: in...@earthspirit.org

Eric Elfman

Aug 10, 1994, 9:44:41 PM8/10/94
O.K. I just remembered another one. I can't believe no one's posted this one
yet--wait, let me check first...
O.K., it seems my way is clear to be the first:

(First, a chant, an awe-inspiring monotonic drone:)
GIGANTOR! GIGANTOR!
GIGAN-AN-AN-TOR!

(O.K. Now the song proper begins:)
Gigantor the space age robot
He is at your command
Gigantor the space age robot
His power is in your hand
Bigger than big!
Taller than tall [or something]
Quicker than quick!
Stronger than strong!
Ready to fight for right--
Against wrong!

[OK, back to the drone:]
GIGANTOR! GIGANTOR!
GIGAN-AN-AN-TOR!

One question: how could that kid have POSSIBLY controlled every move that
robot made with a box with just ONE JOYSTICK??? I mean, direction, yes,
but punches, loops, kicks, crouches--I just don't think it could be done.

Greg Berigan

Aug 10, 1994, 5:58:49 PM8/10/94
Crudup) wrote:

"Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky

Godzilla!"

Was there more to that theme? And how do you spell "Godzookie"?

--
"[USENET] is a wonder when it comes to totally uncensored communication.
Words are the body we form, the voice we give, and the needs expressed.

Brian D. Phillips

Aug 11, 1994, 9:37:43 AM8/11/94
Anne Crudup (lib...@cc.emory.edu) wrote:
: "A prehistoric monster

: Just wondering.
Hercules, hero of song and story,
(2nd, 3rd and 4th lines correct)
With the strength of ten,
Ordinary men,
Comes the Mighty Hercules!

This is approximate. After having typed it, I begin to see why it's not
shown anymore(Ha, ha). The "Virtue..." lyric came at the end of the show;
I don't know them.

Olympia!
Brian

Brian D. Phillips

Aug 11, 1994, 9:38:56 AM8/11/94
zog...@acfcluster.nyu.edu wrote:

: In article <32b520$j...@emoryu1.cc.emory.edu>, lib...@cc.emory.edu (Anne Crudup) writes:
: > "A prehistoric monster
: > He came frome outer space
: > Created by the martians
: > to destroy the human race
: >
: > The F.B.I. is helpless
: > He's twenty stories tall
: > What can we do?
: > Who can we call?
: >
: > Call Tobor, the eight(h?)
: > man
: > Call Tobor, the 8th man
: > Quick, call Tobor
: > the mightiest robot of them all!"
: >
: > Question: Why was he called "the eight(h?) man?"
: > I don't remember.

: As I recall, he was the eighth invention of Doctor Genius.

: >
: > Did anyone understand the words to "The Incredible Hulk" cartoon song?
: >
: > "Dr. Banner, belted by gamma rays,
: > Turns into the Hulk,
: > ????? (Ain't he----- something?)

: I think it was "alien glamor rays"

: >
It ends, "The Ever-lovin' Hulk! (Hulk, Hulk).

: > Wreckin' the town with the power of a ???

: Thor was something like:

: --Jennifer
: >

Brian D. Phillips

Aug 11, 1994, 9:48:24 AM8/11/94
Eric Elfman (Eric_...@earthspirit.org) wrote:

Should be"In the still of night"

: Spiderman, Spiderman

: Friendly neighborhood Spiderman
: Is he strong? Listen bud--
: He's got radioactive blood
: Hey hey! Here comes the Spiderman

Is he strong? Listen, bud,
He's got radioactive blood!
Can he swing from a thread?
Take a look overhead,
Hey there, here comes the Spider-Man.

Then:
In the still..., etc.

Then:
Spider-Man, Spider-Man,
Friendly neighbodhood Spider-Man
Actively, he's ignored(?),
Action is his reward.
To him, life is a great big bang-up
Wherever there's a hang-up,
You'll find the Spider-Man!

I am surprised either of us remember this much. It's fun, though.
Brian

: ****************************************************************

nancy mathews

Aug 11, 1994, 12:56:41 PM8/11/94
Dan wrote something to the effect wanting the words to Spiderman.
Here they are best to my memory's ability. Of course this is from the
original 1960's version that was on around the same time as the Fantastic 4.

Spiderman Spiderman

Does whatever a spider can

Spins a web any time
Catches thieves just like flies
Hey there, there goes a spiderman

Is he strong?
Listen bud,

He's got radioactive blood

Can he swing from a thread?
Take a look overhead

Hey there, there goes Spiderman

In the Chill of night
at the scene of a crime

Like a streak of light

he arrives just in time.

Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly neighborhood Spiderman

Welcome [something] (the one line I could never get)
Action is his reward
To him life is a great big hangup
Wherever you find a bangup
you'll find a Spiderman

[sung by chorus and lot's of loud tinny brass accompanied by pictures
of Spiderman swinging into action around the skyline of NYC].

Nancy (who loved that show and discovered Spiderman comics in early 1960's)
nmat...@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu

: Ciao,
: Dan

roger colin shouse

Aug 11, 1994, 1:47:16 PM8/11/94
In article <32b520$j...@emoryu1.cc.emory.edu> lib...@cc.emory.edu (Anne Crudup) writes:
>"A prehistoric monster
>He came frome outer space
>Created by the martians
>to destroy the human race
>
>The F.B.I. is helpless
>He's twenty stories tall
>What can we do?
>Who can we call?
>
>Call Tobor, the eight(h?)
>man
>Call Tobor, the 8th man
>Quick, call Tobor
>the mightiest robot of them all!"
>
>Question: Why was he called "the eight(h?) man?"
>I don't remember.
>
>Did anyone understand the words to "The Incredible Hulk" cartoon song?
>
>"Dr. Banner, belted by gamma rays,
>Turns into the Hulk,
>????? (Ain't he----- something?)

Ain't he unglamorous?

>Wreckin' the town with the power of a ???

bull

>H-O monster (?) who is something, something, something."

(I remember something like) Look at the lovable
Ever lovin' Hulk, Hulk, Hulk!

>"When Captain America throws his mighty shield,
>All those who oppose must feel his shield and yeild.

All those who chose to oppose his shield must yield

>When he's led to a fight, and a duel is a duel,
>Then the red and the white and the blue will come through,
>When Captain America throws his mighty shield!"
>
>Does anyone remember Iron Man, Sub-mariner, Thor, or Hercules songs?
>
>I know some of them,

>Just wondering.

Tony Stark (makes you feel ??)

He's a cool exec with a heart of steel

As Iron Man ____ ____ ____ ____
He'll fight and fight with repulsor rays
Amazing armor, that's Iron Man
(repeat last line)

--
Roger Shouse
The University of Chicago Email: sh...@midway.uchicago.edu

Daniel Allard

Aug 11, 1994, 4:52:05 PM8/11/94

"Welcome friends, he's ignored."
"Action is his reward."

I believe are the missing lyrics.

If not, you owe me a beer. A CANADIAN beer!

--
Daniel C. Allard
In Your Cyber-Face !!

Nora Rotter

Aug 11, 1994, 9:36:22 AM8/11/94
Does anyone know the lyrics to "Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot" or
"Ultraman"? (It's a surprise for someone I know who *loved* these cartoons.)

Thanks--
Nora

Dan McKenney 513-576-3981 ITI-1

Matt Friedman

Aug 12, 1994, 12:41:05 AM8/12/94

> : Wreckin' the town with the power of a ???
> : H-O monster (?) who is something, something, something."
>

> : I know some of them,
>
> : Hercules, something of song and story
> : Hercules, winner of ancient glory
> : Softness in his eyes
> : Iron in his thighs(?)
> : Virtue in heart and something, something, something,
> : the Mighty Hercules
>
> : There was something about "only the evil fear him."
>

> : Just wondering.
> Hercules, hero of song and story,
> (2nd, 3rd and 4th lines correct)
> With the strength of ten,
> Ordinary men,
> Comes the Mighty Hercules!
>
> This is approximate. After having typed it, I begin to see why it's not
> shown anymore(Ha, ha). The "Virtue..." lyric came at the end of the show;
> I don't know them.
>
> Olympia!
> Brian

Hercules, people are safe when near him, Hercules,only the evil fear him.

Now, I'm really delving..

Marlene

Matt Friedman Marlene Blanshay
ma...@CAM.ORG
Montreal Quebec Canada

Jim Jagielski

Aug 11, 1994, 11:42:28 AM8/11/94
bph...@cc.emory.edu (Brian D. Phillips) writes:

>Then:
>Spider-Man, Spider-Man,
>Friendly neighbodhood Spider-Man
>Actively, he's ignored(?),

Wealth and fame, he's ignored.

--
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
| Jim Jagielski | j...@jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov | V: 301 286-5964 |

Jim Jagielski

Aug 12, 1994, 2:21:01 PM8/12/94
at...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Daniel Allard) writes:

>"Welcome friends, he's ignored."

"Wealth and fame, he's ignored."

>"Action is his reward."

>I believe are the missing lyrics.

Nope :)

Bernie Roehl

Aug 13, 1994, 7:37:30 AM8/13/94
At the risk of sounding like a character from a certain Vacant Lot sketch,
It IS:

Spiderman:

Spiderman, Spiderman

Does whatever a spider can

Spins a web, any size
Catches thieves, just like flies

Look out -- here comes the Spider-man!

Is he strong? Listen, bud!

He's got radioactive blood!

Can he swing from a thread?
Take a look overhead

Hey there -- there goes the Spider-man!

In the still of night

At the scene of a crime

Like a streak of light

He arrives just in time!

Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly neighbourhood Spiderman
Wealth and fame, he's ignored --
Action is his reward!
To him, life is a great big hang-up
Wherever there's a bang-up
You'll find the Spider-man!

Hercules:

Hercules, hero of song and story

Hercules, winner of ancient glory

Fighting for the right,
Fighting with his might,
With the strength of ten
Ordinary men!

Hercules! People are safe when near him
Hercules! Only the evil fear him
Softness in his eyes, iron in his thighs
Virtue in his heart, fire in every part
Of the Mighty Hercules!

And now, a bonus! The lyrics to Rocket Robin Hood:

Rocket Robin Hood:

Band of brothers, marching together
Heads held high in all kinds of weather
With fiery blasts his roaring rockets rise
Throughout the earth, throughout the skies!

At the sight of Robin, lend a hand
To the merry leader of this band
Raise a joyous shout to all about
For Rocket Robin Hood!

As I recall, all three series were produced by the same production company
in Toronto. (No doubt they drank a lot of Canadian beer while doing it).

--
Bernie Roehl
University of Waterloo Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering

Marlon Shows

Aug 12, 1994, 10:22:58 PM8/12/94

Don't forget his live action show on Electric Company

"Spider-man, Spider-man"
Where are you coming from
Spider-man
Nobody knows who you are . . .
(i think)

--

Marlon Shows

Tony Redman

Aug 13, 1994, 4:37:05 PM8/13/94
OK, for some reason this didn't work the last time I posted it, so let's
give it another shot...

I think I actually remember all the lyrics to "The Mighty Hercules":

Hercules, hero of song and story!
Hercules, winner of ancient glory!
Fighting for the right, fighting with his might,
With the strength of ten ordinary men!

Hercules, people feel safe when near him!
Hercules, only the evil fear him!
Softness in his eyes, iron in his thighs,

Virtue in his heart, fire in every part

Of the Mighty Hercules!!

[cue thunder]

And now, Heaven help me (or rather, OLYMPUS help me!), here's the end theme:

Join us at his side, standing there with pride!
Victory is here! Raise a mighty cheer
At the sight of Hercules!!

I don't know if I should be proud or deeply ashamed for knowing this...!

Tony "Attaboy, Herc! Attaboy, Herc!" Redman
tony....@launchpad.unc.edu

Launchpad is an experimental internet BBS. The views of its users do not
necessarily represent those of UNC-Chapel Hill, OIT, or the SysOps.

Tony Redman

Aug 13, 1994, 2:22:08 PM8/13/94
OK, I believe I remember the entire theme to "The Mighty Hercules", so
here goes:

Hercules, hero of song and story!
Hercules, winner of ancient glory!
Fighting for the right, fighting with his might,
With the strength of ten ordinary men!

Hercules, people feel safe when near him!
Hercules, only the evil fear him!
Softness in his eyes, iron in his thighs,
Virtue in his heart, fire in every part
Of the Mighty Hercules!!

[Cue thunder...]

And, Heaven help me (or maybe I should say "OLYMPUS help me"), I even
remember the end theme...

Join us at his side, standing there with pride!

Victory is here, raise a mighty cheer

At the sight of Hercules!!

I knew those endless hours of TV watching would come in handy someday!

Dave S.

Aug 15, 1994, 11:37:11 PM8/15/94
Crudup) wrote:

I can;t believe the depths of the childhood memories you're
dredging up here...eewww--scary, but here goes...

> Did anyone understand the words to "The Incredible Hulk" cartoon song?
>

> "Doc Bruce Banner, belted by gamma rays,
> Turns into the Hulk,
> Ain't he unglamourous, but pronounced "unglamouraze"

> Wreckin' the town with the power of a bull,
> Ain't no monster, cause who is as lovable as
The everlovin' Hulk? (Hulk, Hulk.)"

> "When Captain America throws his mighty shield,

> All those who oppose his shield must yield.

> When he's led to a fight, and a duel is a duel,
> Then the red and the white and the blue will come through,
> When Captain America throws his mighty shield!"

Does anyone remember Iron Man, Sub-mariner, Thor, or Hercules songs?

Iron Man, Iron Man,
Does whatever an iron can,
Presses clothes, makes them flat....

Wait, no, that's Spider-man....

Tony Stark makes you feel

He's a cool exec with a heart of steel.
As Iron Man, all jets ablaze
He fights and fights with repulsor rays.
Amazin' power! That's Iron Man!
Ablaze with power, he's Iiirrron Man!

Cross the rainbow bridge of Asgard,
Where the (something) heavens roar (or soar)
You'll behold in breathless wonder--
The god of thunder--mighty Thor!

> Just wondering.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making us all remember these again...

Dave S.
========
dsi...@oregon.uoregon.edu

Michael Granger

Aug 16, 1994, 1:37:53 PM8/16/94
In article <1994Aug10...@acfcluster.nyu.edu>,

<zog...@acfcluster.nyu.edu> wrote:

>> Does anyone remember Iron Man, Sub-mariner, Thor, or Hercules songs?
>
>Thor was something like:
>
>From the booming bridge of Asgard
>Where the booming towers roar
>You'll behold a blaze of thunder,
>The god of thunder, Mighty Thor!

I know you weren't the original poster,
but this was the only way I could
post without having a lone but I
think it was more like:

'cross the rainbow bridge of Asgard

David E Lightner

Aug 16, 1994, 11:41:58 PM8/16/94

The Toronto band Moxie Fruvous sing the Spider-Man theme on their CD. They're
a very fun band, more like They Might Be Giants than anything else. Check 'em
out.

'nuff said
Ty

jlawr...@hotmail.com

Jul 26, 2016, 7:23:28 AM7/26/16
> Hercules, hero of song and story
> Hercules, winner of ancient glory
> Fighting for the right, fighting with his might
> With the strength of ten ordinary men.
> Hercules, people are safe when near him
> Hercules, only the evil fear him
> Softness in his eyes, iron in his thighs
> Virtue in his heart, fire in every part
> Of the mighty Hercules.

merca...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2020, 5:29:56 PM4/27/20
On Wednesday, August 10, 1994 at 2:08:00 PM UTC-4, Anne Crudup wrote:
He was called the Eight Man because of his super speed.