Project Veritas? Not according to the jury.

FPP

Sep 23, 2022, 7:02:20 AM (2 days ago) Sep 23
Democratic firms prevail in suit against Project Veritas.

L'il Jimmy O'Keefe has his ass handed to him by a jury. At long last,
there appear to be consequences for at least a few of the frauds and
liars in Trumpworld.

"A federal court jury on Thursday awarded $120,000 in damages to
Democratic consulting firms targeted by Project Veritas, a conservative
group specializing in hidden-camera video stings, in connection with
recordings made in 2016 by an operative who obtained an internship using
a false name and story.

The jury of four men and five women concluded that the actions of the
former operative, Allison Maass, breached a fiduciary duty to the
consulting firms and amounted to fraudulent misrepresentation, according
to the verdict form."

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/22/democratic-firms-prevail-in-suit-against-project-veritas-00058490

This was just a palate cleanser. Sit back and pop some popcorn... the
main bout in Trumpworld is in sight. It's only a matter of time now...
so I updated my iMac's trashcan in anticipation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9drx8yxavcv3lod/TrumpTrash.png?dl=0

Or, as I've been known to say... "Tick-tock motherfucker! Time's up!"
--
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

And since I trashed all my social media accounts over a year ago, the
only time I check in here is when I boot up to check out my external SSD
backup drive.

So you shouldn't expect I'll see any replies... but feel free to knock
yourself out!

Ubiquitous

Sep 25, 2022, 3:31:17 PM (9 hours ago) Sep 25
Project Veritas was ordered to pay $120,000 to a Democrat consulting firm
this week after a jury found the organization guilty on charges of breaking
federal and Washington, D.C., wiretapping laws and fraudulent
misrepresentation.

The investigative organization was sued by Democracy Partners, a Democrat
consulting group, that had been the target of a sting operation by Project
Veritas back in 2016, The New York Times reported. They had accused the group
of breaking the law by having an undercover employee receive an internship
with the group using a fake identity and making recordings of the firm.

Project Veritas plans on appealing the civil case ruling, and James O'Keefe,
the group's founder, said that the jury's decision had major implications for
journalism in America.

"The jury effectively ruled investigative journalists owe a fiduciary duty to
the subjects they are investigating and that investigative journalists may
not deceive the subjects they are investigating," O'Keefe said in a statement
following the ruling. "Journalism is on trial, and Project Veritas will
continue to fight for every journalist's right to news gather, investigate,
and expose wrongdoing - regardless of how powerful the investigated party may
be. Project Veritas will not be intimidated."

The jury ruled that Allison Maass, who had interned with Democracy Partners
as part of Project Veritas's investigation, had a fiduciary duty to the group
that she broke by secretly recording them.

The videos recorded by Maass appeared to show Robert Creamer of Democracy
Partners and another Democratic operative suggesting that they incite
violence at rallies for then-presidential candidate Donald Trump.

Creamer claimed that he lost roughly half a million dollars in contracts
because of the videos, according to the NYT. He said in a statement after the
jury's ruling that he hoped it would dissuade Project Veritas from
"conducting political spy operations."

"Hopefully, the decision today will help to discourage Mr. O'Keefe and others
from conducting these kind of political spy operations and publishing
selectively edited, misleading videos in the future," he said.

Paul Calli, the lawyer who defended Project Veritas, said that the videos
were an example of "the finest American tradition called muckraking."

Calli also pointed to potential First Amendment implications of the trial,
saying that the legal battle was not yet over.

"The folks on my Left prefer to ignore that fact and will spike the ball and
celebrate on Twitter because in this case the journalist isn't someone they
`like' or agree with and instead exposed the soft white underbelly of their
party. We will see what the finish line brings," he said.

--
Let's go Brandon!