The number on Debbie's cell does go to the 24 set

1 view

Margaret Phillips

Jan 20, 2005, 1:57:50 AM1/20/05
Some of this information had gotten buried inside the "What no 555 number
thread" so I'm starting a new thread

The phone number on Monday's show really is the 4th season equivalent of
www.sylviaimports.com that was set up in the second season after being
referenced in an episode. It originally linked to Rodney Charter's site
(he's the DP) and now goes to a thank you message.

1. 310-597-3781 will get you through to the 24 set. You do need to remember
that they're shooting episodes 15 & 16 now which puts them on a night
schedule. Your best chances of getting a real person to answer are
afternoon/evening PST.

2. The number was set up by Dick Kyker who is the prop manager for the show.
The phone is being passed around to people on the set. People who have taken
calls include Jon Cassar, Carlos, Reiko, Jim Lapidus (costumes), Joseph
Hodgkins (art director) and a guy out scouting locations today. I got
through this evening and got Dick Kyker. We talked for about 2 minutes. The
current plan is to let the number stay up for about a month. It will be
interesting to see if they get tired of it in a couple of days....

3. Jon Cassar has posted some on the Fox forum. You can search on the "The
phone number thread" in general discussions to find out who's been getting
through. In addition to Cassar, Kyker and another prop guy have posted some.
That was actually one of the first
indications to me that this was legitimate because Cassar specifically
mentioned television without pity as a site he follows in one of his posts.
The moderator on the Fox boards deletes posts that refer people to competing
sites and twop posts get deleted a lot, but this one stayed up there.

Cassar: "lets clear some facts up here.....1) The people that said they
have talked to 24 cast and crew are not lying....they have 2) The number was
mistakenly cancelled but will be reinstated hopefully in the morning.....so
try again 3) The one person that said someone was rude to him is
lying.......we are enjoying the calls on set as muchas you are......I
suspect he's the one that was rude 4) No one has talked to Kiefer yet......
5) We have always enjoyed reading your comments on this forum and
television without pity, please continue to be involved 6) Thanks for
watching......I hope you enjoy watching the show as much as we enjoy making
it...................JC "

These are my friend's notes from her conversation:
I just called and talked to Dick Kyker too. What a
nice guy! We talked for almost 5 minutes. I'm gonna
try to just list off the things that came up before I
forget...

First thing was he asked me where I was from and I
told him and he asked me if it was cold and I told
him, well, yeah, it's California cold. And he said it
was 85 there today and I said, "wow, what a contrast
from a week or so ago" and he said, "yeah, 20 straight
days of rain and today it's 85."

(All of which just goes to show that, no matter what,
the number one topic of conversation, anywhere...
anytime? The weather. ;) )

Then I said how cool it was that they're doing this
and he said, yeah, I get tired of putting the 555
number on phones so I said let's try this and see what
happens and that the response has been amazing. He
said they've had about 14,000 calls so far. I asked
if it just rings constantly, like, as soon as we hang
up will it ring again? And he said, I've had three
calls beeping through while we've been talking. (And
that was about a minute in to the conversation.) I
said that's it's really an indication of how much
people love this show... how excited they are about
it... and he said that this has really been fun for
them.

Lessee... I think I'm already forgetting something,
but I asked if they were on location or at the set and
he said they were on the stage, that they're shooting
at CTU tonight.

I said, "So, you're the prop guy? That means you're
the gun guy?"

"The gun guy, the bomb guy..."

"So, I know any job is a job, but is yours one of
those 'I can't believe they pay me to do this' jobs?"

*laugh* "I can't believe they've been paying me to do
this for 30 years. And I'm one of only two people
who've been with this show for all the seasons *plus*
the pilot."

"Wow, who's the other one."

"Ann Cofell. (hee!), who's an assistant to one of the
executive producers. Oh yeah, and our location
manager, so there are three of us. Well, okay, I'd
better get the next call. It was good talking to you
and call back anytime."

And I just said did the "well, thanks to all of you,
because what you're doing with the show is just really
amazing and so much fun." sign-off and he said how
much they appreciated hearing that and how much they
appreciate the fans.

And that was that.

Cool, cool, COOL!

Citizen_Cain

Jan 20, 2005, 2:28:57 AM1/20/05

"Margaret Phillips" <Magg...@swbell.net> wrote in message

Wow. "Awesome" is only one of the words that begins to describe that. I'll
have to call the number myself and see if I can get anywhere. There are
very few shows that make a direct attempt to talk to the fans like that.
The only other one I can immediately think of is South Park, which
communicates with fans directly through their website. More than once the
creators have been known to voice themselves through it, and there is a
constant stream of artists, crew members, etc. that either check the site or
post directly to it.

Then of course you have the always entertaining Adult Swim, who have been
known to not only be directly involved with their viewers, but post a
constant on-air stream of their comments as well.

This is WAY cool of the guys and gals at 24. Hopefully their little
"experiment" catches on with other shows, or at the very least they repeat
this again.

me

Jan 20, 2005, 4:00:20 AM1/20/05
"Citizen_Cain" <noema...@askmenicely.invaild> wrote in message

> Wow. "Awesome" is only one of the words that begins to describe that.
I'll
> have to call the number myself and see if I can get anywhere. There are
> very few shows that make a direct attempt to talk to the fans like that.
> The only other one I can immediately think of is South Park, which
> communicates with fans directly through their website. More than once the
> creators have been known to voice themselves through it, and there is a
> constant stream of artists, crew members, etc. that either check the site
or
> post directly to it.

another one that did it recently was Scrubs. They had mentoined Turk's
cell phone number, and if you called it, I guess you got a recording that
thanked you for watching and that the show was changing time slots, and
supposedly sometimes, people from the set would sometimes answer it,
including some of the stars. Pretty neat idea, as long as it doesn't get out
of hand ;^)

Andrew Ryan Chang

Jan 20, 2005, 5:42:46 AM1/20/05
me <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> have to call the number myself and see if I can get anywhere. There are
>> very few shows that make a direct attempt to talk to the fans like that.
>> The only other one I can immediately think of is South Park, which

>another one that did it recently was Scrubs. They had mentoined Turk's

>cell phone number, and if you called it, I guess you got a recording that
>thanked you for watching and that the show was changing time slots, and
>supposedly sometimes, people from the set would sometimes answer it,
>including some of the stars. Pretty neat idea, as long as it doesn't get out
>of hand ;^)

Fans on TWOP's Scrubs board said they talked to the actors who
played Dr. Kelso and Doug and some of the writers and other crew. I only
called once, only got Turk's answering machine message. Oh well.

http://www.scrubs-tv.com/news.html#callturk
916-CALL-TURK.

Turk: It's really 'CALL TUR' but I'm hoping people will dial the
'K' anyway.
J.D.: I will always dial the 'K' for you.

--
Data compiled in substantial part from surveys the Federal Reserve Board
has conducted show that wealth is more concentrated among those at the top

David

Jan 20, 2005, 9:00:15 AM1/20/05

Citizen_Cain wrote:

> Wow. "Awesome" is only one of the words that begins to describe
that. I'll
> have to call the number myself and see if I can get anywhere.

<begin transcript>

Kiefer: Hello?

Cain: Hi! Who's this?

Kiefer: This is Kiefer

Cain: Wow, Kiefer Sutherland!?! This is so awesome! Hey Kiefer, didn't
you think last Saturday's SNL sucked? Okay not as much as the SNL two
weeks ago but more than every SNL last month and...

Kiefer: Uh...

Cain: "The Best of Tim Meadows"? Are you kidding me? And whose stupid
idea to have two female anchors...

Kiefer: <away from the phone> What? They want me back on the set now?
<to Cain> Sorry, I need to go...

Cain: Wait, Kiefer...
Kiefer: No, really, we're doing reshoots and...

<call abruptly ends>

YYZedd

Jan 20, 2005, 9:37:26 AM1/20/05

"Margaret Phillips" <Magg...@swbell.net> wrote in message
> Some of this information had gotten buried inside the "What no 555 number
> thread" so I'm starting a new thread
>
> The phone number on Monday's show really is the 4th season equivalent of
> www.sylviaimports.com that was set up in the second season after being
> referenced in an episode. It originally linked to Rodney Charter's site
> (he's the DP) and now goes to a thank you message.
>
> 1. 310-597-3781 will get you through to the 24 set. You do need to
remember
> that they're shooting episodes 15 & 16 now which puts them on a night
> schedule. Your best chances of getting a real person to answer are
> afternoon/evening PST.

Did you also call Jenny back in the 80's?

Margaret Phillips

Jan 20, 2005, 9:58:20 AM1/20/05
>> Some of this information had gotten buried inside the "What no 555 number
>> thread" so I'm starting a new thread
>>
>> The phone number on Monday's show really is the 4th season equivalent of
>> www.sylviaimports.com that was set up in the second season after being
>> referenced in an episode. It originally linked to Rodney Charter's site
>> (he's the DP) and now goes to a thank you message.
>>
>> 1. 310-597-3781 will get you through to the 24 set. You do need to
> remember
>> that they're shooting episodes 15 & 16 now which puts them on a night
>> schedule. Your best chances of getting a real person to answer are
>> afternoon/evening PST.
>
> Did you also call Jenny back in the 80's?

Nope although I had a friend whose family's number was Jenny's except it
was 876 instead of 867. They got a *lot* of calls for a while.

Here are a couple of calls that were recorded including getting permission
to post.

http://www.mnobt.com/24/permission_24_cell_phone_number_24kbs.mp3
http://www.mnobt.com/24/proof_24_cell_phone_number_24kbs.mp3

Dark an Liturgical Mister Hole Esq.

Jan 20, 2005, 10:11:03 AM1/20/05
"Margaret Phillips" <Magg...@swbell.net> wrote:

>2. The number was set up by Dick Kyker

Dick Kyker?!?

Sigh.

.
Mr. Hole

The favor of your reply is requested.

http://icasualties.org/oif/

Incontinence 2005: Its not just for Grandma any more!

"You would make a destructive god, Mr. Hole, but as a human, you remain
pathetic and ineffectual." -- Heck

CSIS Agent (formerly steven blue)

Jan 20, 2005, 11:00:19 AM1/20/05
I to talked to him last night.
For a few minutes but for a a minute of it he was talking to another guy "Go
put the silver briefcase in Kiefer Sutherland's van". It was cool how they
took the time my conversation is very similar as to the one that you had.
Asking me where I was from. Very nice person now if Alias does the same
thing and I get to talk to Jennifer Garner =)

Citizen_Cain

Jan 20, 2005, 11:34:09 AM1/20/05

"David" <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

*yawn*

*PLONK*

Fucking idiot.

harri...@home.com

Jan 20, 2005, 2:11:28 PM1/20/05
Can someone ask one of the 24 cast/crew why the emphasis on torture all
the time?

Dave R knows who

Jan 20, 2005, 4:03:36 PM1/20/05

<harri...@home.com> wrote in message

> Can someone ask one of the 24 cast/crew why the emphasis on torture all
> the time?

I'm with you. But I'm a wuss.

Margaret Phillips

Jan 20, 2005, 6:46:50 PM1/20/05

Dirty Redpool

Jan 20, 2005, 7:02:54 PM1/20/05
Margaret Phillips wrote:
> Some of this information had gotten buried inside the "What no 555
> number thread" so I'm starting a new thread
>
> The phone number on Monday's show really is the 4th season
> equivalent of www.sylviaimports.com that was set up in the second
> season after being referenced in an episode. It originally linked to
> Rodney Charter's site (he's the DP) and now goes to a thank you
> message.
>
> 1. 310-597-3781 will get you through to the 24 set. You do need to
> remember that they're shooting episodes 15 & 16 now which puts them
> on a night schedule. Your best chances of getting a real person to
> answer are afternoon/evening PST.

<SNIP>

I'll repost my post here too. :)

Holy shit! I just dialed the number and I guy said "Hello 24" And I was like
"Hello?" He said "Hi!"

Damn I thought it was gonna be a voice message. He told me they're trying to
answer all the calls but they're been swamped.

We had a short conversation. he said he's the propmaster for the show. Asked
where I was calling from, I said Canada. He asked how the weather was, I
said wet. He asked if I was from Toronto or Vancouver, I said Vancouver. He
asked how I liked the show, I told him I loved it. Said a few more things
about the show and whatnot and that was it. That was fun!

--

lol.gif

mo

Jan 20, 2005, 8:37:22 PM1/20/05

"Dirty Redpool" <dirtre...@something.something> wrote in message

Asked
> where I was calling from, I said Canada. He asked how the weather was, I
> said wet. He asked if I was from Toronto or Vancouver, I said Vancouver.
> He
> asked how I liked the show, I told him I loved it.

Market research i bet - and they are being smart by making you call up and
give the data, LOL

ANT...@zimage.com

Jan 20, 2005, 9:07:38 PM1/20/05

There is a compiled list of the phone numbers. See
http://www.aqfl.net/?q=node/view/741
--
"Where there is sugar, there are bound to be ants." --Malay Proverb
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
( )

CSIS Agent (formerly steven blue)

Jan 20, 2005, 9:37:53 PM1/20/05

Cool did you make that lego animiation yourself? I use to make those all of
the time hehe how wonderful =)

Susan Cohen

Jan 20, 2005, 11:26:23 PM1/20/05
> I am a fucking idiot.

Yes you *are*, scumbag.

Susan

Citizen_Cain

Jan 20, 2005, 11:45:14 PM1/20/05

"Susan Cohen" <flab...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Post editing is so teh gay

j00 a43 teh gey for doing it

*P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-PLONK. PLONK-PLONK-PLONK-PLONK,
PLONK-PLONK-PLONK-PLONK-PLONK!*

Brett A. Pasternack

Jan 21, 2005, 5:44:10 AM1/21/05
Margaret Phillips wrote:

> *laugh* "I can't believe they've been paying me to do
> this for 30 years. And I'm one of only two people
> who've been with this show for all the seasons *plus*
> the pilot."
>
> "Wow, who's the other one."
>
> "Ann Cofell. (hee!), who's an assistant to one of the
> executive producers. Oh yeah, and our location
> manager, so there are three of us.

Er, I'm thinking it's four, including a certain Mr. Sutherland....

Susan Cohen

Jan 21, 2005, 7:14:26 PM1/21/05
Citizen_Cain wrote:
> "Susan Cohen" wrote
You're also a lame-assed loser.

Susan

Leowulf

Jan 23, 2005, 8:10:34 PM1/23/05
"Margaret Phillips" <Magg...@swbell.net> wrote in

> Some of this information had gotten buried inside the "What no 555
> number thread" so I'm starting a new thread
>
> The phone number on Monday's show really is the 4th season equivalent
> of www.sylviaimports.com that was set up in the second season after
> being referenced in an episode. It originally linked to Rodney
> Charter's site (he's the DP) and now goes to a thank you message.
>
> 1. 310-597-3781 will get you through to the 24 set. You do need to
> remember that they're shooting episodes 15 & 16 now which puts them on
> a night schedule. Your best chances of getting a real person to answer
> are afternoon/evening PST.

I was wondering about that one - thanks! :)

LW

This .sig intentionally left blank

Dirty Redpool

Jan 25, 2005, 7:45:02 AM1/25/05

lol I don't know if that makes them smart. I have no problem giving them the
data :)

larryb...@yahoo.com

Jan 25, 2005, 12:13:33 PM1/25/05
> 1. 310-597-3781 will get you through to the 24 set. You do need to
remember
> that they're shooting episodes 15 & 16 now which puts them on a night

> schedule. Your best chances of getting a real person to answer are
> afternoon/evening PST.

Could you please mention the hundreds of plot holes in this year's
series the next time you call?

David

Jan 25, 2005, 12:17:03 PM1/25/05

Plot holes? On "24"?? You sir are a liar.

Emmy™Award Winner Michael Chiclets

Jan 25, 2005, 12:25:04 PM1/25/05
On 25 Jan 2005 09:13:33 -0800, larryb...@yahoo.com wrote:

You are teh funny.