Google Ryhmät ei enää tue uusia Usenet-postauksia tai ‐tilauksia. Aiempi sisältö on edelleen nähtävissä.

The Outpost - season 2

4 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Dimensional Traveler

lukematon,
23.2.2021 klo 3.48.4123.2.2021
vastaanottaja
This evening I finished working my way thru season two of 'The Outpost'.
I'm not really sure if the season made any sense or not. The finale
seems like the perfect setup for the show's cancellation, a blood bath
among the regulars and a cliffhanger setup for a major increase in the
power levels being messed around with in the potential season three.

--
I like living in the suburbs of Sanity. I can commute there when I need
to be serious or mature but otherwise I can do as I please.

anim8rfsk

lukematon,
23.2.2021 klo 8.13.5023.2.2021
vastaanottaja
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
> This evening I finished working my way thru season two of 'The Outpost'.
> I'm not really sure if the season made any sense or not. The finale
> seems like the perfect setup for the show's cancellation, a blood bath
> among the regulars and a cliffhanger setup for a major increase in the
> power levels being messed around with in the potential season three.

IIRC that’s pretty much how Ian felt about it too.

I suppose I’ll keep watching as long as Jessica Green is there but it would
be easier to just stop watching anything on the CW entirely.

Ian J. Ball

lukematon,
23.2.2021 klo 9.50.4723.2.2021
vastaanottaja
On 2021-02-23 13:13:47 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> This evening I finished working my way thru season two of 'The Outpost'.
>> I'm not really sure if the season made any sense or not. The finale
>> seems like the perfect setup for the show's cancellation, a blood bath
>> among the regulars and a cliffhanger setup for a major increase in the
>> power levels being messed around with in the potential season three.
>
> IIRC that’s pretty much how Ian felt about it too.

Basically, every successive season of "The Outpost" has been worse than
the one before it, unforunately.

> I suppose I’ll keep watching as long as Jessica Green is there but it would
> be easier to just stop watching anything on the CW entirely.

As I told you earlier, I'm basically on the fence - they've killed my
three favorite characters, one per season, and the show's storyline
bears almost no resemblence to the season #1 version. (Remember when
the show had the "Greyskins"?! 'Cos I'm pretty sure they've totally
forgotten about it...)

Anyway, the most recent "major character death" was probably the last
straw for me, and I was supremely *unpsyched* about what the season #3
finale was setting up for "season #4" (or whatever The CW ends up
calling it).

Dimensional Traveler

lukematon,
23.2.2021 klo 13.38.3923.2.2021
vastaanottaja
On 2/23/2021 6:50 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2021-02-23 13:13:47 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> This evening I finished working my way thru season two of 'The Outpost'.
>>> I'm not really sure if the season made any sense or not.  The finale
>>> seems like the perfect setup for the show's cancellation, a blood bath
>>> among the regulars and a cliffhanger setup for a major increase in the
>>> power levels being messed around with in the potential season three.
>>
>> IIRC that’s pretty much how Ian felt about it too.
>
> Basically, every successive season of "The Outpost" has been worse than
> the one before it, unforunately.
>
>> I suppose I’ll keep watching as long as Jessica Green is there but it
>> would
>> be easier to just stop watching anything on the CW entirely.
>
> As I told you earlier, I'm basically on the fence - they've killed my
> three favorite characters, one per season, and the show's storyline
> bears almost no resemblence to the season #1 version. (Remember when the
> show had the "Greyskins"?! 'Cos I'm pretty sure they've totally
> forgotten about it...)
>
> Anyway, the most recent "major character death" was probably the last
> straw for me, and I was supremely *unpsyched* about what the season #3
> finale was setting up for "season #4" (or whatever The CW ends up
> calling it).

Now you're making me wonder which season I watched. I just finished the
one with the black bloods returning and kinj mind controlling the world.
*google-fu*
Okay, checking at Futon Critic I watched season 3. Sorry about that.
And apparently 13 more episodes were ordered back in October.

anim8rfsk

lukematon,
23.2.2021 klo 17.21.4223.2.2021
vastaanottaja
No problem, we knew what you meant. The CW has been chopping blocks of
episodes in half and reassigning season numberings mostly just to piss off
Ian. I’d hold them accountable but which of us is not guilty of doing
something to accomplish that goal?
0 uutta viestiä