"Power Rangers" movie casts Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa

David

Feb 2, 2016, 12:36:18 PM2/2/16
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/elizabeth-banks-play-power-rangers-861189

Elizabeth Banks to Play Villain in 'Power Rangers' Movie (Exclusive)
by Borys Kit

Elizabeth Banks is going bad.

The actress has signed on to star as the villain in Power Rangers, Lionsgate's big-screen take on the 1990s kids television show, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Dean Israelite, who helmed the time travel-found footage movie Project Almanac, is on board to direct the project, which is being produced by Saban Films' Haim Saban and Brian Casentini. as well as Allison Shearmur.

A quintet of relative newcomers -- RJ Cyler, Becky G, Ludy Lin, Naomi Scott, and Dacre Montgomery -- are playing the teens who are infused with powers, forming a colorful team who must stop the world from being conquered.

Banks will play classic Power Ranger character Rita Repulsa, an alien witch who has designs on the planet.

Captain Marvel's Shadow

Feb 2, 2016, 1:14:08 PM2/2/16
yet Another Comic Book movie ...for Comic Book fans ...with Comic Book mentalities! ...Written and Produced by Same.

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 2, 2016, 8:56:50 PM2/2/16
I saw this news elsewhere and people were immediately screaming
"RACISM!!" over Elizabeth Banks being cast as Repulsa.

--
Now the Force-Ghost of DTravel since he was forced by shame to commit
hara-kiri with a dull light-spork after liking the Abrams/Bad Robot Star

anim8rfsk

Feb 2, 2016, 9:43:23 PM2/2/16
In article <n8rmjk$o2j$3...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 2/2/2016 9:36 AM, David wrote:
> > http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/elizabeth-banks-play-power-rang
> > ers-861189
> >
> > Elizabeth Banks to Play Villain in 'Power Rangers' Movie (Exclusive)
> > by Borys Kit
> >
> > Elizabeth Banks is going bad.
> >
> > The actress has signed on to star as the villain in Power Rangers,
> > Lionsgate's big-screen take on the 1990s kids television show, The
> > Hollywood Reporter has learned.
> >
> > Dean Israelite, who helmed the time travel-found footage movie Project
> > Almanac, is on board to direct the project, which is being produced by
> > Saban Films' Haim Saban and Brian Casentini. as well as Allison Shearmur.
> >
> > A quintet of relative newcomers -- RJ Cyler, Becky G, Ludy Lin, Naomi
> > Scott, and Dacre Montgomery -- are playing the teens who are infused with
> > powers, forming a colorful team who must stop the world from being
> > conquered.
> >
> > Banks will play classic Power Ranger character Rita Repulsa, an alien witch
> > who has designs on the planet.

> I saw this news elsewhere and people were immediately screaming
> "RACISM!!" over Elizabeth Banks being cast as Repulsa.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 2, 2016, 10:50:22 PM2/2/16
Which is a bit stupid since there aren't that many extraterrestrials
with agents in Hollywood.

David Johnston

Feb 2, 2016, 11:02:58 PM2/2/16
On 2/2/2016 6:56 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 2/2/2016 9:36 AM, David wrote:
>> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/elizabeth-banks-play-power-rangers-861189
>>

>> Elizabeth Banks to Play Villain in 'Power Rangers' Movie (Exclusive)
>> by Borys Kit
>>
>> Elizabeth Banks is going bad.
>>
>> The actress has signed on to star as the villain in Power Rangers,
>> Lionsgate's big-screen take on the 1990s kids television show, The
>> Hollywood Reporter has learned.
>>
>> Dean Israelite, who helmed the time travel-found footage movie Project
>> Almanac, is on board to direct the project, which is being produced by
>> Saban Films' Haim Saban and Brian Casentini. as well as Allison Shearmur.
>>
>> A quintet of relative newcomers -- RJ Cyler, Becky G, Ludy Lin, Naomi
>> Scott, and Dacre Montgomery -- are playing the teens who are infused
>> with powers, forming a colorful team who must stop the world from
>> being conquered.
>>
>> Banks will play classic Power Ranger character Rita Repulsa, an alien
>> witch who has designs on the planet.

>> script.
>>
> I saw this news elsewhere and people were immediately screaming
> "RACISM!!" over Elizabeth Banks being cast as Repulsa.

Where is the elsewhere? The only thing I saw was people predicting
that, but it never happening.

anim8rfsk

Feb 2, 2016, 11:13:44 PM2/2/16
In article <n8rt8g$8ns$1...@dont-email.me>,
hee hee

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 3, 2016, 12:45:01 AM2/3/16
A forum related to a fake money movies based stock exchange game.