"Loki" Starts Today

Ed Stasiak

Jun 9, 2021, 11:31:57 AM6/9/21
Just a reminder that S01E01 of “Loki” has been released today,
with the remaining five episodes coming every Wednesday.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki_(TV_series)

Arthur Lipscomb

Jun 9, 2021, 11:48:53 AM6/9/21
The first episode is good.

I hate having to wait a week for new episodes. With only six episodes,
it could easily be binged in one weekend.

suzeeq

Jun 9, 2021, 11:56:45 AM6/9/21
Or even a week.

anim8rfsk

Jun 9, 2021, 1:54:33 PM6/9/21
I can wait forever if it means I avoid anything with Owen Wilson. Hard
pass.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 9, 2021, 5:45:41 PM6/9/21
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>suzeeq <su...@imbris.com> wrote:

>>> The first episode is good.
>>>
>>> I hate having to wait a week for new episodes. With only six episodes,
>>> it could easily be binged in one weekend.
>>
>> Or even a week.
>>

>I can wait forever if it means I avoid anything with Owen Wilson. Hard
>pass.

How do you rank the brothers?

anim8rfsk

Jun 9, 2021, 9:50:25 PM6/9/21
The Life Aquatic was the last straw for Owen. I Spy would have been except
that movie was so horrible nobody could’ve salvaged it or damaged it
further.

Looking over Luke’s IMDb list, the only things he was in I’ve even sat all
the way through was the Charlie’s Angels movies.

I am going to say Owen is worse than Luke because I won’t even watch
something I’m interested in if Owen is in it and I might tolerate Luke for
a movie I really wanted to see.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 9, 2021, 9:55:20 PM6/9/21
I can't believe Andrew never offended you!

Ed Stasiak

Jun 9, 2021, 9:59:14 PM6/9/21
> Ed Stasiak
>
> Just a reminder that S01E01 of “Loki” has been released today,
> with the remaining five episodes coming every Wednesday.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki_(TV_series)

Just finished the episode and it looks to be pretty good.

Though I can’t stop staring at Owen Wilson’s nose…

anim8rfsk

Jun 9, 2021, 10:04:22 PM6/9/21
I know what you mean. I just want to punch it so badly.

BTR1701

Jun 9, 2021, 10:38:50 PM6/9/21
On Jun 9, 2021 at 6:59:12 PM PDT, "Ed Stasiak" <edstas...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Ed Stasiak
>>
>> Just a reminder that S01E01 of “Loki” has been released today,
>> with the remaining five episodes coming every Wednesday.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki_(TV_series)
>
> Just finished the episode and it looks to be pretty good.

I've been looking forward to it, but at only six episodes, I may wait until
they're all available before starting my run.

Ian J. Ball

Jun 9, 2021, 11:29:57 PM6/9/21
I've been fine with watching the Disney+ shows weekly. There's other
stuff, usually Prime series (e.g. The Expanse and The Boys) that I
insist upon "binging". But none of the Disney+ shows seem to demand
that kind of urgency from me.

shawn

Jun 9, 2021, 11:59:50 PM6/9/21
I get that. There's enough going on in this episode that it will give
you a lot to think about before the next episode is released if you
watch it now.

Ed Stasiak

Jun 10, 2021, 9:55:55 AM6/10/21
> anim8rfsk
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > Though I can’t stop staring at Owen Wilson’s nose…
>
> I know what you mean. I just want to punch it so badly.

And the lighting only extenuates it, it's like they purposely
want viewers staring at his nose. Stop that already!

Also, Richard E. Grant has been cast on the show and I’m
guessing; ur jvyy cynl n gvzr geniryvat byq Ybxv naq gur onq
thl, jub lbhat Ybxv unf orra erpehvgrq gb uhag qbja.

BTR1701

Jun 10, 2021, 1:09:26 PM6/10/21
In article <7e303828-6d51-4fe9...@googlegroups.com>,
Matt Damon apparently plays an actor playing Loki in a later episode.

anim8rfsk

Jun 10, 2021, 3:04:39 PM6/10/21
That’s a direct throwback to Ragnarok

BTR1701

Jun 10, 2021, 9:42:11 PM6/10/21
THE GIRLFRIEND (as she breezed through the room while I watched LOKI): Look, I
don't know what Loki did. You know I don't follow all that Marvel stuff. But I
do know he's hot... so whatever he did was probably for good reason and I
think we should refrain from judging his hotness... er... decisions too
harshly.

<sigh>

anim8rfsk

Jun 10, 2021, 10:15:35 PM6/10/21
We were at Disneyland, so long ago there was still a submarine ride, and
this loud talking hot woman with another group who looked just like Kelly
Harmon and honestly might have been her

https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/images/kelly-harmon-1.jpg

said, as I put my video camera up against the sub window, “I bet that creep
is going to put his video camera right up against the sub window“

And my mouse kingdom accomplice asked what cutie pie had said and I told
her and she says “I don’t believe it, she’s too pretty to be that mean“

And how can she look just like Mark Harmon and still be feminine and
beautiful?

BTR1701

Jun 10, 2021, 10:32:40 PM6/10/21
LOL! Random hot girls hate you, too!

shawn

Jun 11, 2021, 12:02:13 AM6/11/21
It seems clear to me that he was born with a special gene that
activates when around any hot women.

anim8rfsk

Jun 11, 2021, 12:11:50 AM6/11/21
I know. :-(

Our groups sort of paralleled each other the whole day and she glared at me
the whole day apparently upset that I was taking pictures of everything. I
can only imagine that by now her brain must’ve completely exploded given
that now everybody takes pictures of everything.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 11, 2021, 9:53:30 PM6/11/21
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

>THE GIRLFRIEND (as she breezed through the room while I watched LOKI): Look, I
>don't know what Loki did. You know I don't follow all that Marvel stuff. But I
>do know he's hot... so whatever he did was probably for good reason and I
>think we should refrain from judging his hotness... er... decisions too
>harshly.
>
><sigh>

She knows what she wants!

On a related note about Till the Clouds Roll By (1946)

When MGM originally began planning this movie, it asked Jerome
Kern what he thought about Robert Walker being cast. He said it
sounded all right, but he wanted to hear his wife's opinion. He
phoned her from the office and she told him to stay and play
himself and send Walker home to her.