What Did You Watch? 2017-03-26 (Sunday)

Ubiquitous

Mar 27, 2017, 5:43:03 AM3/27/17
I watched:

BRADYS ON THE MOVE:
In this made-for-TV movie, Mike Brady runs for Congress because a new
highway is planned to go thru their house.

THE BRADY BUNCH IN THE WHITE HOUSE:
Another made-for-TV movie on Decades, but I was confused because it was
based on the theatrical movie that was based on the TV show.

TCM UNDERGROUND:
"Hausu". Seven Japanese schoolgirls visiti a spooky mansion, only to
die one by one. This movie is nuts!

WILD WILD WEST REVISITED:
James West and Artemis Gordon come out of retirement to stop Dr
Lovelace Jr and his sister's plan to take over the world by replacing
the leaders of the world powers with ringers and threatening to set of
atom bombs he his in their captials. Sheilds and Yarnell made an
appearance as the "Six Hundred Dollar Men" for some reason. (Un)
fortunately, my cable went out about an hour in and wasn't restored until
the last five minutes of the second WWW movie, which seemed to be about
Jomathon Winters inventing a way to turn invisible.

FATAL CONFESSION: FATHER DOWLING MYSTERIES:
The investigation of a parishioner's death leads a priest (Hey, it's Tom
Bosley!) to a powerful politician and a syndicate matriarch (Hey, it's
Doris Roberts!).

MATT HOUSTON:
"Pilot". The christening of a supertanker goes off with a bang, and
Matt wants to know who put nitro in the champagne bottle..

BOB'S BURGERS:
"Aquaticism". When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing,
the Belcher kids devise a plan to keep it running; Bob realizes that he
could learn from Linda's customer service skills

BOB'S BURGERS:
"Ain't Miss Debatin'". Tina finds unexpected success on the debate team.
Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to fund a stop-motion
movie project that focuses on a surprising subject.

FAMILY GUY:
"Peter's Lost Youth". Peter gets jealous when Lois proves to be a big hit
at a Red Sox fantasy-baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home
after Meg is left to babysit him.

I also watched bit and pieces of something about the Dare Stones. Too bad
they seemed unaware they had been debunked in the 1940's by the Saturday
Evening Post.

What did you watch?

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2017, 8:32:08 AM3/27/17
I watched:

SNATCH: I binge watched the last 8 episodes of the season of this
Crackle action/caper/crime series. The gold was treated like a hot
potato that everyone wanted and no one could seem to hang on to for
long. Cops and robbers everywhere and lots of dead bodies along the
way. Not a great show, but easily better than SEQUESTERED...or anything
else that Crackle has attempted.

100 METROS: A 2016 Spanish language film about a guy with a
debilitation disease trying to beat out the clock and train for an
Ironman Triathlon event. This is based upon a true story and feels like
a film based upon a book. The characters are never fully developed and
the passage of time is at times hard to judge despite seeing the aging
of kids or growth of plants in the garden. Still, the difficulty of
training for one of these events (2.4mile ocean swim followed by 112mile
bike ride followed by a full 26.2mile marathon) is a bit staggering even
for someone without an illness. Ok film in the man vs. adversity genre.

NCAA BASKETBALL: I watched some of the Stanford vs. Notre Dame Women's
NCAA Tournament game. This was a good game and went right down to the
final seconds before Stanford came out on top.

What did you watch?

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 9:09:52 AM3/27/17
In article <obb0ik$1ge$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> I watched:
>
> SNATCH: I binge watched the last 8 episodes of the season of this
> Crackle action/caper/crime series. The gold was treated like a hot
> potato that everyone wanted and no one could seem to hang on to for
> long. Cops and robbers everywhere and lots of dead bodies along the
> way. Not a great show, but easily better than SEQUESTERED...or anything
> else that Crackle has attempted.

Was it chartreuse?

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ian J. Ball

Mar 27, 2017, 9:17:50 AM3/27/17
On 2017-03-27 12:32:05 +0000, Obveeus said:

> What did you watch?

NCAA Tournament - The South Carolina-Florida game ended satisfactorily
(great to see Florida bounced out themselves in an upset for once!).
The North Carolina-Kentucky game did not (now UCLA looks like even
bigger jokers for losing on Friday). Let's hope Oregon can put North
Carolina down next Saturday...

Star Wars Rebels (recorded) - "Twin Suns". The guy they got doing the
voice for Obi-Wan (apparently, it's the same guy that voices AP-5!!)
does an awesome job - he sounds exactly like Alex Guiness! Anyway, Ezra
travels to Tatooine when he feels that Obi-Wan is in danger from the
vengeance-minded Maul. This episode appears to finally wrap up Maul's
storyarc, and explains fully why he doesn't show up in "A New Hope",
etc.
Just got the 1-hour season finale still to go.

Reign (recorded) - "Love & Death". It might have been my imagination,
but this seemed like a pretty good episode. Mary is pulling away from
Darnley, but doesn't know why. Meanwhile, the English arrive demanding
that Darnley go with them back to England, on Elizabeth's orders, but
Mary and Darnley refuse, with apparent repercussions. Meanwhile, in
France, Catherine and Narcisse try and keep King Charles' present
circumstances (e.g. that he's a runaway!) from Leeza, while Claude
tries to navigate her "open marriage". In England, Elizabeth tries to
get the best Doctor around to treat Gideon's daughter, but that blows
up in her face.
This episode seems to resolve the Leith arc (I don't expect we'll be
seeing him again), and probably gets us closer to writing Gideon out.
All that said, the show is not moving fast enough for my tastes -
there are only 10 episodes to go, and Mary and Darnley aren't even
married yet, and Bothwell hasn't even shown up at all. At this rate,
they will not be able to properly conclude Mary's story, and will
probably just dump the last 30 years of her life into the 1-hour finale
(which will be very dissatisfying...). Boo. >:/

Off the Rails (LMN) - This started relatively promisingly, but it got
less and less interesting as it went on. In the end, it was about
nothing more than a tawdry affair, and a jealous husband. I was hoping
for more. Meh.

Recorded for later: NCIS:LA (I'm now 3 behind on this!), Time After
Time (as a reminder that I still need to pull episode #4 off
OnDemand!), and Into the Badlands(!).

--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2017, 9:27:40 AM3/27/17

On 3/27/2017 9:09 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <obb0ik$1ge$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> SNATCH: I binge watched the last 8 episodes of the season of this
>> Crackle action/caper/crime series. The gold was treated like a hot
>> potato that everyone wanted and no one could seem to hang on to for
>> long. Cops and robbers everywhere and lots of dead bodies along the
>> way. Not a great show, but easily better than SEQUESTERED...or anything
>> else that Crackle has attempted.
>
> Was it chartreuse?

The colors seemed pretty normal. The Crackle.com streaming does stall
out once or twice every episodes on the computer and has to be reloaded.
A few of the characters (Gypsy camp and barber shop) are really hard
to understand since even the subtitles don't particularly reflect that
they are speaking English.

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2017, 9:29:22 AM3/27/17

On 3/27/2017 9:17 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2017-03-27 12:32:05 +0000, Obveeus said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> NCAA Tournament -

> Let's hope Oregon can put North Carolina
> down next Saturday...

Agreed. I'd love to see new teams in the title game and North Carolina
is the only team that can prevent that, now.

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 9:56:52 AM3/27/17
In article <obb38a$b58$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> Recorded for later: NCIS:LA (I'm now 3 behind on this!)

let me know if Chegwidden ever shows up again.

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 9:57:27 AM3/27/17
In article <obb3qo$d65$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
LOL

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 10:27:40 AM3/27/17
In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

> I watched:
>

> WILD WILD WEST REVISITED:
> James West and Artemis Gordon come out of retirement to stop Dr
> Lovelace Jr and his sister's plan to take over the world by replacing
> the leaders of the world powers with ringers and threatening to set of
> atom bombs he his in their captials. Sheilds and Yarnell made an
> appearance as the "Six Hundred Dollar Men" for some reason. (Un)
> fortunately, my cable went out about an hour in and wasn't restored until
> the last five minutes of the second WWW movie, which seemed to be about
> Jomathon Winters inventing a way to turn invisible.

You missed Loveless Junior goosing his sister then.

> FATAL CONFESSION: FATHER DOWLING MYSTERIES:
> The investigation of a parishioner's death leads a priest (Hey, it's Tom
> Bosley!) to a powerful politician and a syndicate matriarch (Hey, it's
> Doris Roberts!).
>
> MATT HOUSTON:
> "Pilot". The christening of a supertanker goes off with a bang, and
> Matt wants to know who put nitro in the champagne bottle..

Hey, I watched that a couple weeks ago. It ... wasn't great. Except
for Pamela Hensley.

> What did you watch?

TIME AFTER TIME
Wells is an idiot, as the show morphs even more closely into TIMELESS.
It looks like they proved they can't change history no matter how much
they tried (although they're unaware that Jack killed other people they
didn't notice) which should really convince them to not try any more.
Seriously, Jack could have done a lot of stuff that would work better to
take his son out of action, like break an arm or something.

suzeeq

Mar 27, 2017, 11:19:23 AM3/27/17
And if Oregon and Gonzaga win next Saturday, it'll be Pacific NW teams
for the title. Some of us here won't know which side to take.

Arthur Lipscomb

Mar 27, 2017, 11:34:36 AM3/27/17
On 3/27/2017 6:17 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2017-03-27 12:32:05 +0000, Obveeus said:
>
>> What did you watch?

snip
> Reign (recorded) - "Love & Death". It might have been my imagination,
> but this seemed like a pretty good episode. Mary is pulling away from
> Darnley, but doesn't know why. Meanwhile, the English arrive demanding
> that Darnley go with them back to England, on Elizabeth's orders, but
> Mary and Darnley refuse, with apparent repercussions. Meanwhile, in
> France, Catherine and Narcisse try and keep King Charles' present
> circumstances (e.g. that he's a runaway!) from Leeza, while Claude tries
> to navigate her "open marriage". In England, Elizabeth tries to get the
> best Doctor around to treat Gideon's daughter, but that blows up in her
> face.
> This episode seems to resolve the Leith arc (I don't expect we'll be
> seeing him again), and probably gets us closer to writing Gideon out.
> All that said, the show is not moving fast enough for my tastes -
> there are only 10 episodes to go, and Mary and Darnley aren't even
> married yet, and Bothwell hasn't even shown up at all. At this rate,
> they will not be able to properly conclude Mary's story, and will
> probably just dump the last 30 years of her life into the 1-hour finale
> (which will be very dissatisfying...). Boo. >:/

I'm just looking forward to being able to rewatch "Elizabeth" and the
sequel when it's over.

> Off the Rails (LMN) - This started relatively promisingly, but it got
> less and less interesting as it went on. In the end, it was about
> nothing more than a tawdry affair, and a jealous husband. I was hoping
> for more. Meh.

I almost recorded this. Glad I didn't waste my time.

> Recorded for later: NCIS:LA (I'm now 3 behind on this!), Time After Time
> (as a reminder that I still need to pull episode #4 off OnDemand!), and
> Into the Badlands(!).

I watched:

Family Guy - "Saturated Fat Guy" - Episode from last week. Meh.

Madam Secretary - "Swept Away" - Episode from last week. The Dalai Lama
names as his possible successor an American toddler which causes the
Chinese government to flip out and threaten to pull out of a deal. I
just saw a news story about this a few weeks ago. If I remember the
story correctly, the real Dalai Lama named as his successor a young boy
that the Chinese government quickly swept up and he hasn't been seen or
heard from since. I think that might have made a more interesting
story, what to do if/when the Chinese government introduces a thoroughly
brainwashed and indoctrinated new Dalai Lama to replace the current one.

Time After Time - "Picture Fades" - Already covered. I was expecting a
"Back to the Future" situation. I also wasn't sure if the picture
actually changed or not. I was half expecting someone to say that the
picture *had* changed or at least question how would they know if
history had been changed or not.

Once Upon a Time - "Page 23" - This was a pretty good "Regina" episode.
The Evil Queen sets in motion to sever herself from Regina while the
flashback shows Regina learning about who she hates the most. My only
issue is what ultimately happened to the Evil Queen. It wasn't bad but
I expected that by the end of it there wouldn't still be two of them. I
was sure that's where they were headed.

The Walking Dead - "Something They Need" - The team robs a group of
women and children of their only means to protect themselves. Because
you know, they are the good guys.

Life (theatrical) - A group of scientists on the international space
station recover a biological sample from Mars that turns out to be
alive. At first they celebrate the new discovery but as the little new
life grows and shows itself to be aggressive and deadly they struggle to
find a way to kill it. This was pretty good for the most part but very
clearly and obviously a rip off of "Alien." But as rip offs of Alien
go, this was the best one I've seen.

shawn

Mar 27, 2017, 12:49:30 PM3/27/17
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 06:56:46 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <obb38a$b58$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Recorded for later: NCIS:LA (I'm now 3 behind on this!)
>
>let me know if Chegwidden ever shows up again.

so far no sign of him.

tenworld

Mar 27, 2017, 12:57:17 PM3/27/17
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 9:56:52 AM UTC-4, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article,
> Ian J. Ball wrote:
>
> > Recorded for later: NCIS:LA (I'm now 3 behind on this!)
>
> let me know if Chegwidden ever shows up again.

not yet but they a quiet drink at the end that was kinda a goodbye
to Granger.

icebreaker

Mar 27, 2017, 12:59:13 PM3/27/17
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:32:05 -0400, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:

>I watched:
>
>SNATCH: I binge watched the last 8 episodes of the season of this
>Crackle action/caper/crime series. The gold was treated like a hot
>potato that everyone wanted and no one could seem to hang on to for
>long. Cops and robbers everywhere and lots of dead bodies along the
>way. Not a great show, but easily better than SEQUESTERED...or anything
>else that Crackle has attempted.

I had trouble getting through the first 2 installments. The first was
actually boring I thought. I might continue at some point if I find a
lack of other stuff and some time to spend.

---
http://www.avg.com

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 1:10:15 PM3/27/17
In article <obbb8n$9m0$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> Time After Time - "Picture Fades" - Already covered. I was expecting a
> "Back to the Future" situation. I also wasn't sure if the picture
> actually changed or not. I was half expecting someone to say that the
> picture *had* changed or at least question how would they know if
> history had been changed or not.

As far as I could tell, the picture didn't change. I was expecting that
as well.

> Life (theatrical) - A group of scientists on the international space
> station recover a biological sample from Mars that turns out to be
> alive. At first they celebrate the new discovery but as the little new
> life grows and shows itself to be aggressive and deadly they struggle to
> find a way to kill it. This was pretty good for the most part but very
> clearly and obviously a rip off of "Alien." But as rip offs of Alien
> go, this was the best one I've seen.

Clearly you haven't seen, and need to see, THE GREEN SLIME.

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 1:18:02 PM3/27/17
In article <akgidch7ju4sn6rh4...@4ax.com>,
IMDb says he'll be there in April. We'll see.

Michael Black

Mar 27, 2017, 1:18:52 PM3/27/17
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017, anim8rfsk wrote:

> In article <obb38a$b58$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Recorded for later: NCIS:LA (I'm now 3 behind on this!)
>
> let me know if Chegwidden ever shows up again.

I haven't seen him, he wasn't on last night.

Michael

Arthur Lipscomb

Mar 27, 2017, 1:22:54 PM3/27/17
On 3/27/2017 10:10 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <obbb8n$9m0$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
>> Time After Time - "Picture Fades" - Already covered. I was expecting a
>> "Back to the Future" situation. I also wasn't sure if the picture
>> actually changed or not. I was half expecting someone to say that the
>> picture *had* changed or at least question how would they know if
>> history had been changed or not.
>>
> As far as I could tell, the picture didn't change. I was expecting that
> as well.

It occurred to me if they established the timeline is fixed and can't be
changed then we know for a fact that Wells can't die and will return
home relatively soon. But the pilot established history can be changed
which I guess leads to my original question, the second that time
machine returned empty, how did they know history wasn't *already*
changed? Maybe in the original timeline Jack's son lived but he went
back in time to murder him.

>> Life (theatrical) - A group of scientists on the international space
>> station recover a biological sample from Mars that turns out to be
>> alive. At first they celebrate the new discovery but as the little new
>> life grows and shows itself to be aggressive and deadly they struggle to
>> find a way to kill it. This was pretty good for the most part but very
>> clearly and obviously a rip off of "Alien." But as rip offs of Alien
>> go, this was the best one I've seen.
>
> Clearly you haven't seen, and need to see, THE GREEN SLIME.

I was actually thinking of Green Slime while watching it. There are
some obvious similarities with that too. And since I don't want to make
it sound better than it actually is, perhaps I should have compared it
to Green Slime in the first place. ;-)

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2017, 1:43:15 PM3/27/17
If it becomes an all-west coast title game, that would be wonderful
because maybe the powers that be will stop assuming that the ACC is
playing some higher level of the game.

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2017, 1:47:03 PM3/27/17

On 3/27/2017 12:59 PM, icebreaker wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:32:05 -0400, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> SNATCH: I binge watched the last 8 episodes of the season of this
>> Crackle action/caper/crime series. The gold was treated like a hot
>> potato that everyone wanted and no one could seem to hang on to for
>> long. Cops and robbers everywhere and lots of dead bodies along the
>> way. Not a great show, but easily better than SEQUESTERED...or anything
>> else that Crackle has attempted.
>
> I had trouble getting through the first 2 installments. The first was
> actually boring I thought.

The worst part of that is that the first episode or two are the only one
that really work any eye candy.

> I might continue at some point if I find a
> lack of other stuff and some time to spend.

Many of the episodes have 'action sequences' that are played out as a
3-4 minute segment with no dialog and just some rock song playing. As
action-y stuff goes, it was often very un-engaging.

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2017, 1:54:11 PM3/27/17
I'm pretty sure that isn't a ripoff of ALIEN, for obvious reasons.

Ubiquitous

Mar 27, 2017, 2:07:46 PM3/27/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> I watched:
>>
>> WILD WILD WEST REVISITED:
>> James West and Artemis Gordon come out of retirement to stop Dr
>> Lovelace Jr and his sister's plan to take over the world by replacing
>> the leaders of the world powers with ringers and threatening to set of
>> atom bombs he his in their captials. Sheilds and Yarnell made an
>> appearance as the "Six Hundred Dollar Men" for some reason. (Un)
>> fortunately, my cable went out about an hour in and wasn't restored until
>> the last five minutes of the second WWW movie, which seemed to be about
>> Jomathon Winters inventing a way to turn invisible.
>
>You missed Loveless Junior goosing his sister then.

I guess I should count my blessings.

>> FATAL CONFESSION: FATHER DOWLING MYSTERIES:
>> The investigation of a parishioner's death leads a priest (Hey, it's Tom
>> Bosley!) to a powerful politician and a syndicate matriarch (Hey, it's
>> Doris Roberts!).
>>
>> MATT HOUSTON:
>> "Pilot". The christening of a supertanker goes off with a bang, and
>> Matt wants to know who put nitro in the champagne bottle..
>
>Hey, I watched that a couple weeks ago. It ... wasn't great. Except
>for Pamela Hensley.

Next month, Decades will be saluting "network television", whatever that
means, so we'll be seeing Vega$ and Matt Houston again.

icebreaker

Mar 27, 2017, 2:14:02 PM3/27/17
Line of Duty (BBC) -- Season 4 begins with the abduction of a woman on
the heels of a task force investigation of a serial killer. The DCI is
being pressured to solve the case and when the police are able to
rescue the abducted girl they find a lead to a sex offender. There's
also some evidence that points to the other murdered women. The chief
forensics investigator CFI warns the DCI (Thandie Newton) that he has
questions about some of the evidence. She ignores him as the police
arrest their suspect. The DCI then goes to AC12 with his concerns.
Kate goes undercover on a secondment from another force to the DCI's
office. Steve and Kate are a bit at odds with her quick promotion to
DS. The DCI finally figures out that the CFI is looking at evidence
and must be the bloke that set AC12 uopon her. She goes to his
apartment and an argument leads to her accidentally slipping and
cracking her head on a granite countertop. The CFI thinking her dead
goes out to get stuff to rid him of her body. As he's about to saw her
up, she comes to. Fade to black.

Saving Hope (CTV) -- This is one of the traditional Alex hates her
birthday because her father committed suicide on that date. Maggie
plans a surprise party for her amidst 5 minute dating in the
hospital's coffee shop. Charlie is still being blown off by Alex. The
cases weren't very interesting.

Heartland (CBC) -- Season finale. Georgie tries to gentle Ghost who
has come around once more. It doesn't take and people try to convince
her not all horses can or want to be gentled. Amy's about to pop out
the kid but the hospital won't release Ty until more testing is
completed. Caleb is also freaking because he needs Ty for his and
Cassie's impending wedding. Caleb breaks out Ty from the hospital. Amy
goes into labor as the limo arrives at the church. She has a girl.
Ghost is stirring in the corral so Georgie goes out to give him his
freedom. He bolts from the corral, but comes back and allows Georgie
to go up to him. She tells him it's OK to go if that's what he wants,
and he does as Ty and Amy watch from the loft. Ghost somehow has
always been there for the big moments in Ty and Amy's life. All of the
investors have now dropped out of the Maggies expansion and Peter
offers to finance everything himself. Say it wasn't that long ago
Peter was broke so where is all this money coming from? Mitch has been
watching all the time Lou has been spending with Peter. Lisa warns Lou
off but it might not take. Eventually she tells Peter no and when she
goes to find Mitch he's packed up and left. Season 11 next fall.

Chicago Justice (NBC) -- Somehow I didn't view last Sunday's so I
watched that first. A Seal is killed and there's mystery surrounding
the Navy's coverup of an operation. The DA once again is a total
asshole and cares not one wit for real justice, He's truly a snake. In
the last night's, A dying police officer is murdered and the evidence
points to a butcher/meat processor Stone was unable to convict of
murder several years earlier.

NCIS LA (CBS) -- An engineer working on systems for the Zumwalt-class
destroyers in blown real good in his RV. Two of the other engineers in
the dead guy's pod don't show up for work and one of those is headed
for Japan. Hetty sends the Boys after him but they have to go unarmed
because there isn't time to do diplomatic cover. Aboard their flight
their target goes to the bathroom but disappears leaving a dead flight
attendant in the bathroom.

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 2:19:46 PM3/27/17
In article <obbjef$764$6...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
Humor. I could have mentioned It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958)
and/or Planet of the Vampires but those are potentially even more
obscure ...

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 2:20:48 PM3/27/17
In article <obbj14$764$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
I went back and rewatched HU$TLE instead, because A) Jaime Murray, 2) I
can understand the dialog, and third) Jaime Murray.

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 2:25:31 PM3/27/17
In article <obbhjp$2v0$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 3/27/2017 10:10 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <obbb8n$9m0$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Time After Time - "Picture Fades" - Already covered. I was expecting a
> >> "Back to the Future" situation. I also wasn't sure if the picture
> >> actually changed or not. I was half expecting someone to say that the
> >> picture *had* changed or at least question how would they know if
> >> history had been changed or not.
> >>
> > As far as I could tell, the picture didn't change. I was expecting that
> > as well.
> >
> It occurred to me if they established the timeline is fixed and can't be
> changed then we know for a fact that Wells can't die and will return
> home relatively soon. But the pilot established history can be changed
> which I guess leads to my original question, the second that time
> machine returned empty, how did they know history wasn't *already*
> changed? Maybe in the original timeline Jack's son lived but he went
> back in time to murder him.

IIRC in the movie, they *didn't* change the timeline. It turned out the
heroine's body had been misidentified 'cause Jack chopped off her hands
or something, and then he took her Back To The Future so she disappeared
from the timeline entirely. I don't recall any clear example of them
changing the timeline in the pilot episode, and, even if they did, I'm
sure they can make some idiotic argument that you can change your
subjective future but not your past.

> >> Life (theatrical) - A group of scientists on the international space
> >> station recover a biological sample from Mars that turns out to be
> >> alive. At first they celebrate the new discovery but as the little new
> >> life grows and shows itself to be aggressive and deadly they struggle to
> >> find a way to kill it. This was pretty good for the most part but very
> >> clearly and obviously a rip off of "Alien." But as rip offs of Alien
> >> go, this was the best one I've seen.
> >
> > Clearly you haven't seen, and need to see, THE GREEN SLIME.
> >

> I was actually thinking of Green Slime while watching it. There are
> some obvious similarities with that too. And since I don't want to make
> it sound better than it actually is, perhaps I should have compared it
> to Green Slime in the first place. ;-)

:)

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2017, 3:12:25 PM3/27/17
Tue. Meanwhile, I'm actually interested in LIFE, just to see if that
DEADPOOL guy can do something other than a threesome at a pizza place.

suzeeq

Mar 27, 2017, 3:50:06 PM3/27/17
Not this year necessarily.

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 3:54:56 PM3/27/17
In article <obbk7u$bl5$2...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> anim...@cox.net wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
> >> I watched:
> >>
> >> WILD WILD WEST REVISITED:
> >> James West and Artemis Gordon come out of retirement to stop Dr
> >> Lovelace Jr and his sister's plan to take over the world by replacing
> >> the leaders of the world powers with ringers and threatening to set of
> >> atom bombs he his in their captials. Sheilds and Yarnell made an
> >> appearance as the "Six Hundred Dollar Men" for some reason. (Un)
> >> fortunately, my cable went out about an hour in and wasn't restored until
> >> the last five minutes of the second WWW movie, which seemed to be about
> >> Jomathon Winters inventing a way to turn invisible.
> >
> >You missed Loveless Junior goosing his sister then.
>
> I guess I should count my blessings.

rather than hers?

> >> FATAL CONFESSION: FATHER DOWLING MYSTERIES:
> >> The investigation of a parishioner's death leads a priest (Hey, it's Tom
> >> Bosley!) to a powerful politician and a syndicate matriarch (Hey, it's
> >> Doris Roberts!).
> >>
> >> MATT HOUSTON:
> >> "Pilot". The christening of a supertanker goes off with a bang, and
> >> Matt wants to know who put nitro in the champagne bottle..
> >
> >Hey, I watched that a couple weeks ago. It ... wasn't great. Except
> >for Pamela Hensley.
>
> Next month, Decades will be saluting "network television", whatever that
> means, so we'll be seeing Vega$ and Matt Houston again.

yay

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 4:58:11 PM3/27/17
In article <obbo14$oqq$3...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
Well, we know he can ruin Green Lantern.

Arthur Lipscomb

Mar 27, 2017, 5:30:10 PM3/27/17
Hate to break it to you but he was basically Deadpool in this movie too.
He was written like comic relief or something constantly cracking jokes.
> Well, we know he can ruin Green Lantern.

I thought he was fine in Green Lantern. That movie had a lot of
problems but Ryan Reynolds wasn't one of them.

anim8rfsk

Mar 27, 2017, 5:52:49 PM3/27/17
In article <obc03e$nml$1...@dont-email.me>,
He wasn't nearly as horrid as his girlfriend, but he was a dealbreaker

Dimensional Traveler

Mar 27, 2017, 6:01:10 PM3/27/17
So you are eagerly awaiting the Green Lantern/Deadpool crossover movie.

--
Some days you just don't have enough middle fingers!

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2017, 7:45:00 PM3/27/17
He was fine, aside from the severe lack of chemistry with his wife.

Obveeus

Mar 27, 2017, 7:46:58 PM3/27/17
That would probably be really funny, but all signs point to GREEN
LANTERN being rebooted with a different actor.

BTR1701

Mar 27, 2017, 9:31:44 PM3/27/17
In article <obbb8n$9m0$1...@dont-email.me>,
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> The Walking Dead - "Something They Need" - The team robs a group of
> women and children of their only means to protect themselves. Because
> you know, they are the good guys.

Yeah, they're kinda turning into Negan themselves.

> Life (theatrical) - A group of scientists on the international space
> station recover a biological sample from Mars that turns out to be
> alive. At first they celebrate the new discovery but as the little new
> life grows and shows itself to be aggressive and deadly they struggle to
> find a way to kill it. This was pretty good for the most part but very
> clearly and obviously a rip off of "Alien." But as rip offs of Alien
> go, this was the best one I've seen.

I didn't like the fake-out at the end, especially because it made no
sense.

ROT-13 powers, activate! Form of Garbled Nonsense:

Gur vagrephg orgjrra gur pncfhyrf gb sbby gur nhqvrapr vagb guvaxvat gur
jbzna'f jnf ynaqvat juvyr Tlyyraunny'f jnf jurryvat bss vagb qrrc fcnpr
jnf onq rabhtu-- V ungr purnc gurngevpny gevpxf yvxr gung-- ohg gurer'f
ab ernfba jul ure pncfhyr fubhyq rira unir qbar gung. Gur zbivr gbbx gur
gvzr gb rkcynva gb hf gung gur pncfhyrf ner nhgb-cebtenzzrq gb qr-beovg
naq ynaq ba rnegu, naq gung Tlyyraunny jnf tbvat gb unir gnxr vg bss
nhgb naq znahnyyl ercebtenz vg naq hfr gur fgvpx gb fgrre vg gur bgure
qverpgvba. Fb jul jbhyq gur jbzna'f pncfhyr tb sylvat bss vagb fcnpr?
Tlyyraunny ynaqvat znxrf frafr, orpnhfr gur perngher cevrq uvf unaqf
sebz gur pbagebyf naq erfgenvarq uvz**, ohg nyy gung zrnag jnf gung
*obgu* pncfhyrf fubhyq unir ynaqrq. Gurer jnf ab perqvoyr ernfba sbe gur
bgure bar gb urnq bhg vagb gur ibvq yvxr gung.

**Vg nyfb fgenvaf perqhyvgl gung guvf oybo bs cebgbcynfz abg bayl vf fb
uneql vg pna fheivir nyzbfg nalguvat-- ryrpgevpvgl, uneq inphhz,
vapvarengvba, gur qrnqyl pbyq bs fcnpr, rgp.-- ohg gung va yrff guna n
qnl vg qrirybcrq vagryyvtrapr nqinaprq rabhtu gung vg abg bayl xarj jung
gur fuvc jnf sbe, ohg vg xarj jung Tlyyraunny jnf gelvat gb qb ol hfvat
gur pbagebyf naq jung arrqrq gb or qbar gb fgbc uvz.

Arthur Lipscomb

Mar 28, 2017, 2:58:42 AM3/28/17
You must have missed it. Ure cbq jnf uvg ol fcnpr qroevf naq xabpxrq
bss pbhefr. Gur frpbaq gung V fnj vg unccra V unq n cerggl tbbq vqrn
rknpgyl ubj guvatf jrer tbvat gb ghea bhg. V'z nyzbfg pregnva gurl
svyzrq obgu cbffvoyr bhgpbzrf. Vg nyzbfg sryg yvxr gurl syvccrq n pbva
gb qrpvqr juvpu jnl gb tb. Ohg vs fur pbhyq fnsryl trg vagb gur cbq naq
jr fnj ur nyfb fnsryl tbg vagb gur cbq gura onvgrq vg gb sbyybj uvz va
gura gurl obgu pbhyq unir fnsryl rfpncrq.

V xabj gurl jrer jbeevrq nobhg vg trggvat onpx gb Rnegu. Naq tenagrq vg
pbhyq unir pneevrq fbzr Znef ivehf gung jbhyq jvcr bhg nyy yvsr ba
Rnegu. Ohg vg frrzrq zber yvxr gurve srne jnf gung bapr ba Rnegu vg
jbhyq guebhtu vg'f bja vagryyvtrapr naq ntterffvir tb ba na hafgbccnoyr
xvyyvat fcerr. Naq V fnj ab ernfba jul vg pbhyqa'g unir orra fgbccrq ol
n onfvp ohyyrg be funec vafgehzrag bapr vg neevirq ba Rnegu. Jbefg pnfr
fpranevb, vapnfr vg va pbapergr. Vg jnf uneqyl hafgbccnoyr. Sbe nyy bs
vg'f fb-pnyyrq vagryyvtrapr vg pbhyqa'g svther bhg ubj gb bcra n qbbe.

> **Vg nyfb fgenvaf perqhyvgl gung guvf oybo bs cebgbcynfz abg bayl vf fb
> uneql vg pna fheivir nyzbfg nalguvat-- ryrpgevpvgl, uneq inphhz,
> vapvarengvba, gur qrnqyl pbyq bs fcnpr, rgp.-- ohg gung va yrff guna n
> qnl vg qrirybcrq vagryyvtrapr nqinaprq rabhtu gung vg abg bayl xarj jung
> gur fuvc jnf sbe, ohg vg xarj jung Tlyyraunny jnf gelvat gb qb ol hfvat
> gur pbagebyf naq jung arrqrq gb or qbar gb fgbc uvz.

Yeah, I generally agree. Plus for a team of scientists they seemed
determined to do the dumbest thing possible again and again. And I'm
*still* trying to understand how in the world did gur fpvragvfg jub
pbhyqa'g jnyx abg frr n tvnag fcnpr zbafgre nggnpu vgfrys gb uvf yrt
jvgubhg uvf xabjvat. Naq rira vs ur xabj naq qrpvqrq gb zheqre uvf
sevraqf ubj qvq gur fcnpr zbafgre xabj gb xrrc vgfrys uvqqra sebz gur
bguref? Gur fcnpr zbafgre nyjnlf frrzrq gb xabj rknpgyl jung gb qb naq
jura gb qb vg nyzbfg nf vs vg jnf ernqvat gurve zvaqf. V jnf ubcvat sbe
fbzr rkcynangvba gung vg nofbeorq Elna Erlabyq'f xabjyrqtr. V unys
rkcrpgrq vg gb fgneg gnyxvat bapr vg terj.

Ubiquitous

Mar 28, 2017, 4:12:21 AM3/28/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>> >Hey, I watched that a couple weeks ago. It ... wasn't great. Except
>> >for Pamela Hensley.
>>
>> Next month, Decades will be saluting "network television", whatever that
>> means, so we'll be seeing Vega$ and Matt Houston again.
>
>yay

And FAMILY, MTM, and CHEERS, too.

Ubiquitous

Mar 28, 2017, 4:14:53 AM3/28/17
icebr...@nowhere.com wrote:

>Heartland (CBC) -- Season finale. Georgie tries to gentle Ghost who
>has come around once more. It doesn't take and people try to convince
>her not all horses can or want to be gentled. Amy's about to pop out
>the kid but the hospital won't release Ty until more testing is
>completed. Caleb is also freaking because he needs Ty for his and
>Cassie's impending wedding. Caleb breaks out Ty from the hospital. Amy
>goes into labor as the limo arrives at the church. She has a girl.
>Ghost is stirring in the corral so Georgie goes out to give him his
>freedom. He bolts from the corral, but comes back and allows Georgie
>to go up to him. She tells him it's OK to go if that's what he wants,
>and he does as Ty and Amy watch from the loft. Ghost somehow has
>always been there for the big moments in Ty and Amy's life. All of the
>investors have now dropped out of the Maggies expansion and Peter
>offers to finance everything himself. Say it wasn't that long ago
>Peter was broke so where is all this money coming from? Mitch has been
>watching all the time Lou has been spending with Peter. Lisa warns Lou
>off but it might not take. Eventually she tells Peter no and when she
>goes to find Mitch he's packed up and left. Season 11 next fall.

The title of that show makes me expect it to be about granola b/c
that's the brand Mom used to be when we were kids. I vividly remember
the box with a sepia background and line drawings of a farmer with a
scythe....

BTR1701

Mar 28, 2017, 10:50:44 AM3/28/17
In article <obd1de$866$1...@dont-email.me>,
V guvax vg jnf zber bs n pbaprea gung bapr ba rnegu, vg zvtug fgneg
ercyvpngvat naq vafgrnq bs bar bs gubfr guvatf, lbh'q unir gubhfnaqf be
zvyyvbaf.

Ubiquitous

Mar 28, 2017, 2:58:58 PM3/28/17
Haven't we had this discussion before?

Ubiquitous

Mar 28, 2017, 3:01:16 PM3/28/17
atr...@mac.com wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

That's enough to pursuade me not to watch it.

anim8rfsk

Mar 28, 2017, 3:33:54 PM3/28/17
In article <obd1de$866$1...@dont-email.me>,
Nofbeovat Elna Erlabyqf' xabjyrqtr jbhyq qrsvavgryl cebuvovg lbh sebz
bcravat n qbbe. Be qvq lbh zrna uvf punenpgre?

David Barnett

Mar 28, 2017, 4:52:05 PM3/28/17
In article <obb0ik$1ge$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com
says...

> What did you watch?

On Sun Mar 26 I watched:

DEATH IN PARADISE: 5x8
A Humphrey episode!
Re suicide or murder of female backpacker.

NEWTON'S LAW: Terminal Velocity (1x7)
I was considering to give this Australian show away,
but there is only 1 more episode to go, & completism
prevails. OTOH I don't think I'll watch a second season,
if any.

ONCE UPON A TIME: Heartless
Magic: remove a heart & the person still lives.
"Bandit Snow" & "Shepherd David".

--
David Barnett

anim8rfsk

Mar 28, 2017, 5:38:26 PM3/28/17
In article <MPG.3344303...@news.eternal-september.org>,
David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> In article <obb0ik$1ge$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com
> says...
> >
> > What did you watch?
>
> On Sun Mar 26 I watched:
>
> DEATH IN PARADISE: 5x8
> A Humphrey episode!

Ick. Although even a Humphrey episode is better than State of Affairs!

David Barnett

Mar 29, 2017, 10:17:21 PM3/29/17
In article <anim8rfsk-8BB48B.14382028032017
@news.easynews.com>, anim...@cox.net says...

> In article <MPG.3344303...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
> > In article <obb0ik$1ge$1...@dont-email.me>, Obv...@aol.com
> > says...
> > >
> > > What did you watch?
> >
> > On Sun Mar 26 I watched:
> >
> > DEATH IN PARADISE: 5x8
> > A Humphrey episode!
>
> Ick. Although even a Humphrey episode is better than State of Affairs!

Also better than Madam Secretary.

--
David Barnett

Adam H. Kerman

Mar 29, 2017, 10:45:26 PM3/29/17
David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>anim...@cox.net says...
>>David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>>>Obv...@aol.com says...

>>>On Sun Mar 26 I watched:

>>>DEATH IN PARADISE: 5x8
>>>A Humphrey episode!

>>Ick. Although even a Humphrey episode is better than State of Affairs!

>Also better than Madam Secretary.

Hah!

Glad to have you back. Next time you're absent, I hope you're on a cruise.

David Barnett

Mar 31, 2017, 4:56:51 PM3/31/17
In article <MPG.334715b...@news.eternal-
september.org>, dbar...@bigpond.net.au says...
Due to the number of different shows airing here atm, I am
no longer watching Madam Secretary & Bull since if find
them boring, & because of no CC The Mysteries of Laura.

--
David Barnett

Micky DuPree

Apr 9, 2017, 1:52:26 AM4/9/17
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> writes:

> Madam Secretary - "Swept Away" - Episode from last week. The Dalai
> Lama names as his possible successor an American toddler which causes
> the Chinese government to flip out and threaten to pull out of a deal.
> I just saw a news story about this a few weeks ago. If I remember the
> story correctly, the real Dalai Lama named as his successor a young
> boy that the Chinese government quickly swept up and he hasn't been
> seen or heard from since.

That was the Panchen Lama, who helps find the new Dalai Lama.

> I think that might have made a more interesting story, what to do
> if/when the Chinese government introduces a thoroughly brainwashed and
> indoctrinated new Dalai Lama to replace the current one.

I didn't dislike the episode, but I like your idea better.

-Micky