Week of December 11th-17th/2006 complete ratings

David

Dec 19, 2006, 7:31:28 PM12/19/06
from the L.A. Times

'NCIS' soars to top of the ratings
With repeats ruling the airwaves, the drama helps CBS extend its
streak as the most-watched network.
From City News Service

With no first-run episodes of any of the season's six most-watched
programs, CBS' "NCIS" emerged as the week's most-watched program for
the first time in its four-season history, according to figures
released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research.

Topped by the 17.39 million viewers for "NCIS," CBS had six of the
eight most-watched programs between Dec. 11 and Sunday to extend its
streak of being the most-watched network each week of the season to 13
weeks.

CBS averaged 12.27 million viewers for its prime-time programming,
while NBC was second with 9.1 million, followed by Fox with 7.35
million, ABC with 7.23 million and the CW with 2.52 million.

Sunday's two-hour finale of CBS' "Survivor: Cook Islands" drew 16.42
million viewers to rank No. 3 for the week. But it was the lowest
among the 13 "Survivor" finales.

ESPN's "Monday Night Football" was in its customary place atop cable
programs, with the Dec. 11 game between the Chicago Bears and St.
Louis Rams drawing 11.18 million viewers, which would have put it 20th
among the programs on the five major broadcast networks.

A pair of World Wrestling Entertainment professional wrestling
programs finished second and third for the week among cable programs,
enabling USA to be the week's most-watched cable channel in prime
time, averaging 2.55 million viewers.

The "NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams" finished first in the
weekly ratings among the three nightly network newscasts for the 13th
consecutive week and 124th time in the last 128 weeks with 9.02
million viewers. "ABC's World News With Charles Gibson" was second
with 8.45 million, while the "CBS Evening News With Katie Couric" was
in third place for the 12th consecutive week with 7.47 million
viewers.

Prime-time TV rankings

Here are the rankings for national prime-time network television last
week (Dec. 11-17) as compiled by Nielsen Media Research. They are
based on the average number of people who watched a program from start
to finish. Nielsen estimates there are 283.5 million potential viewers
in the U.S. ages 2 and older. Viewership is listed in millions.

Program Network Viewers
1 NCIS CBS 17.39
2 Deal or No Deal (Mon.) NBC 16.70
3 Survivor: Cook Island Finale CBS 16.42
4 House (Tue.) FOX 16.12
5 Criminal Minds CBS 16.06

6 CSI: Miami CBS 15.99
7 CSI: NY CBS 15.83
8 Two and a Half Men CBS 15.69
9 Sunday Night Football NBC 15.26
10 CSI CBS 15.12

11 Survivor: Cook Islands CBS 14.55
12 NFL Postgame (Sun.) FOX 14.41
13 60 Minutes CBS 14.18
14 Wonderful World of Disney: "Santa Claus 2" ABC 13.67
15 The Unit CBS 13.65

16 Survivor: Cook Island Reunion CBS 13.53
17 The New Adventures of Old Christine CBS 11.96
18 Biggest Loser 3 NBC 11.73
19 Numb3rs CBS 11.23
20 "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" ABC 10.96

21 Criminal Minds (Tue.) CBS 10.41
22 Shark CBS 10.25
23 NFL Pregame (Sun.) NBC 10.21
24 Grey's Anatomy ABC 10.00
25 Medium NBC 9.96

26 The OT (football postgame) FOX 9.85
27 Ghost Whisperer CBS 9.66
28 Close to Home CBS 9.65
29 King of Queens (8:30 p.m.) CBS 9.04
30 King of Queens (8 p.m.) CBS 9.02

31 Family Guy (9 p.m.) FOX 8.91
32 The Simpsons FOX 8.88
33 Law & Order: SVU NBC 8.81
34 "Barbara Walters Special" ABC 8.79
35 1 vs. 100 NBC 8.78

36 The Class CBS 8.70
37 How I Met Your Mother CBS 8.66
38 Bones (8 p.m.) FOX 8.60
39 The Office NBC 8.44
40 Las Vegas NBC 8.39

41 Ugly Betty (Thu.) ABC 8.05
42 Football Night in America, Part 3 NBC 8.04
43 "Charlie Brown Christmas" ABC 7.98
44 Family Guy (9:30 p.m.) FOX 7.90
45 Scrubs NBC 7.73

46 Desperate Housewives ABC 7.72
47 Supernanny ABC 7.71
48 20/20 (10 p.m.) ABC 7.68
ER NBC 7.68
50 Law & Order: Criminal Intent NBC 7.41

51 "A Year Without Santa Claus" NBC 7.40
American Dad FOX 7.40
53 20/20 (9 p.m.) ABC 7.38
54 House (Mon., 9 p.m.) FOX 7.24
55 Cops (8:30 p.m.) FOX 6.92

56 Law & Order NBC 6.69
57 "Elf" CBS 6.59
58 Wife Swap ABC 6.56
59 La Fea Más Bella (Wed.) UNI 6.37
60 Men in Trees ABC 6.36

America's Most Wanted FOX 6.36
62 House (Mon., 8 p.m.) FOX 6.34
63 Show Me the Money ABC 6.32
64 America's Funniest Home Videos (Fri.) ABC 6.24
65 La Fea Más Bella (Thu.) UNI 6.17

66 Bones (9 p.m.) FOX 6.13
67 30 Rock NBC 5.94
68 Cops FOX 5.93
69 La Fea Más Bella (Fri.) UNI 5.75
70 Friday Night Lights NBC 5.66

71 La Fea Más Bella (Tue.) UNI 5.58
72 La Fea Más Bella (Mon.) UNI 5.55
73 "It's a Wonderful Life" NBC 5.37
74 Standoff FOX 5.11
75 48 Hours Mystery CBS 4.81

76 Big Day ABC 4.77
77 What About Brian ABC 4.73
78 Wonderful World of Disney: "Finding Nemo" ABC 4.64
79 Til Death FOX 4.61
80 Football Night in America, Part 2 NBC 4.53

81 Friday Night Smackdown CW 4.50
82 Primetime ABC 4.35
83 Mundo de Fieras (Thu.) UNI 4.32
84 The O.C. FOX 4.25
85 War at Home FOX 4.19

86 Mundo de Fieras (Wed.) UNI 3.96
87 Day Break ABC 3.94
88 Justice FOX 3.91
89 Mundo de Fieras (Fri.) UNI 3.69
90 Mundo de Fieras (Mon.) UNI 3.59

91 Help Me Help You ABC 3.54
92 Ugly Betty (Sat.) ABC 3.52
93 Reba (7:30 p.m.) CW 3.47
94 Trading Spouses FOX 3.44
Mundo de Fieras (Tue.) UNI 3.44

96 Aqui y Ahora (Thu.) UNI 3.38
97 Heridas de Amor (Wed.) UNI 3.29
98 Don Francisco Presenta UNI 3.27
99 Cine Especial 2 UNI 3.23
100 Cristina UNI 3.18

101 Heridas de Amor (Thu.) UNI 3.08
102 Smallville CW 3.00
103 Heridas de Amor (Fri.) UNI 2.95
104 Casos Vida UNI 2.89
105 Heridas de Amor (Tue.) UNI 2.82

106 Girlfriends CW 2.81
Heridas de Amor (Mon.) UNI 2.81
108 Everybody Hates Chris CW 2.80
109 All of Us CW 2.71
The Game CW 2.71

111 Reba (Sun.) CW 2.54
112 Ver Para Creer UNI 2.53
113 Cine Especial 1 UNI 2.52
114 Sabado Gigante UNI 2.45
115 Gilmore Girls CW 2.30

116 Supernatural CW 2.13
117 "Top Model: Brit Invasion" (Wed.) CW 2.08
118 "Family Television Awards" CW 1.69
119 Casos Familia UNI 1.62
120 Amor Mio (Mon.) TEL 1.11

121 Amor Mio (Fri.) TEL 1.10
122 Amor Mio (Wed.) TEL 1.03
Amor Mio (Thu.) TEL 1.03
124 Viuda de Blanco (Fri.) TEL 1.02
125 "Top Model: British Invasion" (Sun.) CW 1.01

126 Marina (Thu.) TEL 0.93
127 Viuda de Blanco (Wed.) TEL 0.91
Viuda de Blanco (Thu.) TEL 0.91
Amor Mio (Tue) TEL 0.91
130 Decisiones (Fri.) TEL 0.90

Viuda de Blanco (Mon.) TEL 0.90
132 Marina (Fri.) TEL 0.89
133 Amores (Fri.) TEL 0.87
134 Marina (Mon.) TEL 0.86
Amores (Mon.) TEL 0.86

136 Amores (Thu.) TEL 0.85
Marina (Tue.) TEL 0.85
138 Marina (Wed.) TEL 0.84
Decisiones (Mon.) TEL 0.84
140 Decisiones (Thu.) TEL 0.83

141 Viuda de Blanco (Tue.) TEL 0.79
142 Amores (Wed.) TEL 0.76
143 Cinemundo del Sabado TEL 0.71
144 Decisiones (Wed.) TEL 0.70
Cinemundo del Sabado TEL 0.70

146 Decisiones (Tue.) TEL 0.68
147 Amores (Tue.) TEL 0.63
148 Cinemundo Premier TEL 0.53
149 Vas o No Vas TEL 0.45
150 Seguro y Urgente TEL 0.42

Obveeus

Dec 19, 2006, 9:38:14 PM12/19/06

"David" <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here are the rankings for national prime-time network television last
> week (Dec. 11-17) as compiled by Nielsen Media Research.

And here are the top5 shows for each network:

> 1 NCIS CBS 17.39

> 3 Survivor: Cook Island Finale CBS 16.42

> 5 Criminal Minds CBS 16.06
> 6 CSI: Miami CBS 15.99
> 7 CSI: NY CBS 15.83

CBS is crushing the competition these days.

> 2 Deal or No Deal (Mon.) NBC 16.70

> 9 Sunday Night Football NBC 15.26

> 18 Biggest Loser 3 NBC 11.73

> 23 NFL Pregame (Sun.) NBC 10.21

> 25 Medium NBC 9.96

> 4 House (Tue.) FOX 16.12

> 12 NFL Postgame (Sun.) FOX 14.41

> 26 The OT (football postgame) FOX 9.85

> 31 Family Guy (9 p.m.) FOX 8.91
> 32 The Simpsons FOX 8.88

> 14 Wonderful World of Disney: "Santa Claus 2" ABC 13.67

> 20 "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" ABC 10.96

> 24 Grey's Anatomy ABC 10.00

> 34 "Barbara Walters Special" ABC 8.79

> 41 Ugly Betty (Thu.) ABC 8.05

> 59 La Fea Más Bella (Wed.) UNI 6.37

> 65 La Fea Más Bella (Thu.) UNI 6.17

> 69 La Fea Más Bella (Fri.) UNI 5.75

> 71 La Fea Más Bella (Tue.) UNI 5.58
> 72 La Fea Más Bella (Mon.) UNI 5.55

> 81 Friday Night Smackdown CW 4.50

> 93 Reba (7:30 p.m.) CW 3.47

> 102 Smallville CW 3.00
> 106 Girlfriends CW 2.81

> 108 Everybody Hates Chris CW 2.80

UNI is crushing CW these days.

Rob Jensen

Dec 19, 2006, 11:44:55 PM12/19/06

Many of the shows that are on and off this selective list were in
repeats last week. Grey's, Gilmore, CSI: Original Recipe, etc.

This list taken totally out of its actual context don't mean shit.

-- Rob
--
LORELAI: I am so done with plans. I am never, ever making one again.
It never works. I spend the day obsessing over why it didn't work

Obveeus

Dec 20, 2006, 7:33:40 AM12/20/06

"Rob Jensen" <Shut...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:38:14 -0500, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:
>>> 59 La Fea Más Bella (Wed.) UNI 6.37
>>> 65 La Fea Más Bella (Thu.) UNI 6.17
>>> 69 La Fea Más Bella (Fri.) UNI 5.75
>>> 71 La Fea Más Bella (Tue.) UNI 5.58
>>> 72 La Fea Más Bella (Mon.) UNI 5.55
>>
>>> 81 Friday Night Smackdown CW 4.50
>>> 93 Reba (7:30 p.m.) CW 3.47
>>> 102 Smallville CW 3.00
>>> 106 Girlfriends CW 2.81
>>> 108 Everybody Hates Chris CW 2.80
>>
>>UNI is crushing CW these days.
>
> Many of the shows that are on and off this selective list were in
> repeats last week. Grey's, Gilmore, CSI: Original Recipe, etc.
>
> This list taken totally out of its actual context don't mean shit.

What it means is that UNI's 'identity as a network' has created a type of
show that will beat up on CW for 6 months out of the year while CW is
straggling along with repeats. Meanwhile, UNI beats up on most of the CW
shows during the 6 months where CW is programming fresh episodes, too.

William George Ferguson

Dec 20, 2006, 11:36:57 AM12/20/06

Univision didn't create La Fea Más Bella, it's the Mexican version of Yo
Soy Betty La Fea (I Am Betty the Ugly), which Univision syndicates in the
US, like the SciFi Channel syndicates the British show Dr. Who.

Ugly Betty has been a ratings hit in every version in every country so far
(and the American version isn't doing badly), so no surprise that the
Mexican version did very well in Mexico, and is doing well in the
syndication on Univision.

It is, however, a closed-ended series, and when it runs its course there's
no particular evidence that whatever telenovela replaces it will 'beat up
on CW'. The other telenovelas Univsion broadcasts currently do well
compared to CW programs, but don't 'beat up' on them.

--
"Oh Buffy, you really do need to have
every square inch of your ass kicked."

Steven L.

Dec 20, 2006, 12:11:53 PM12/20/06

But CW's offerings are aging too. I don't know if CW can keep squeezing
new life out of Everybody Hates Chris and Reba and Gilmore Girls.
Whereas Univision can keep coming up with brand-new offerings season
after season.

The CW really needs to grow some new hits fast.

--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
Email: sdli...@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

Obveeus

Dec 20, 2006, 12:37:28 PM12/20/06

"William George Ferguson" <wmgf...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:33:40 -0500, "Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote:
>>What it means is that UNI's 'identity as a network' has created a type of
>>show that will beat up on CW for 6 months out of the year while CW is
>>straggling along with repeats. Meanwhile, UNI beats up on most of the CW
>>shows during the 6 months where CW is programming fresh episodes, too.
>
> Univision didn't create La Fea Más Bella, it's the Mexican version of Yo
> Soy Betty La Fea (I Am Betty the Ugly), which Univision syndicates in the
> US, like the SciFi Channel syndicates the British show Dr. Who.

Yes, I know the origins of the show. Perhaps 'created' was a bad choice of
words. I was leaning more towards the idea that a continual fresh episode
soap on Uni will outperform CW repeats so UNI will outperform CW for half
the year.

> It is, however, a closed-ended series, and when it runs its course there's
> no particular evidence that whatever telenovela replaces it will 'beat up
> on CW'. The other telenovelas Univsion broadcasts currently do well
> compared to CW programs, but don't 'beat up' on them.

Over the course of the year, UNI will outperform CW. I agree that having
the 'one season and out' style shows makes next season's performance much
more in doubt (another reason why MyNetworkTV is a failed concept), but Uni
has a built in audience and will likely have similar ratings next year and
the year after because of that. Limited growth potential, but a
predictable base.