Federal Judge: Enough With the Stupid Nigger Names

Pete Davidson

Jun 15, 2022, 4:25:06 AM (13 days ago) Jun 15
After Judge Cabrera’s historic ruling, little Clitoria Jackson
will likely undergo a name change.

(DETROIT) In a decision that’s expected to send shockwaves
through the African-American community—and yet, give much relief
to teachers everywhere—a federal judge ruled today that black
women no longer have independent naming rights for their
children. Too many black children—and many adults—bear names
that border on not even being words, he said.

“I am simply tired of these ridiculous names black women are
giving their children,” said U.S. Federal Judge Ryan Cabrera
before rendering his decision. “Someone had to put a stop to it.”

The rule applies to all black women, but Cabrera singled out
impoverished mothers.

“They are the worst perpetrators,” he said. “They put in
apostrophes where none are needed. They think a ‘Q’ is a must.
There was a time when Shaniqua and Tawanda were names you
dreaded. Now, if you’re a black girl, you hope you get a name as
sensible as one of those.”

Few stepped forward to defend black women—and black women
themselves seemed relieved.

“It’s so hard to keep coming up with something unique,” said
Uneeqqi Jenkins, 22, an African-American mother of seven who
survives on public assistance. Her children are named Daryl,
Q’Antity, Uhlleejsha, Cray-Ig, Fellisittee, Tay’Sh’awn and
Day’Shawndra.

Beginning in one week, at least three white people must agree
with the name before a black mother can name her child.

“Hopefully we can see a lot more black children with sensible
names like Jake and Connor,” Cabrera said.

His ruling stemmed from a lawsuit brought by a 13-year-old girl
whose mother created her name using Incan hieroglyphics.

“She said it would make me stand out,” said the girl, whose name
can’t be reproduced by The Peoples News’ technology. “But it’s
really just stupid.”

The National Association of Elementary School Teachers
celebrated Cabrera’s decision.

“Oh my God, the first day of school you’d be standing there
sweating, looking at the list of names wondering ‘How do I
pronounce Q’J’Q’Sha.’?” said Joyce Harmon, NAEST spokeswoman.
“Is this even English?”

The practice of giving black children outlandish names began in
the 1960s, when blacks were getting in touch with their African
roots, said historian Corlione Vest. But even he admits it got
out of hand.

“I have a niece who’s six. I’m embarrassed to say I can’t even
pronounce her name,” said Vest, a professor at Princeton
University. “Whenever I want to talk to her, I just wait until
she looks at me and then I wave her over.”

Cabrera’s ruling exempted black men because so few of them are
actually involved in their children’s lives.

https://bit.ly/3OhIXpC

BTR1701

Jun 15, 2022, 2:33:23 PM (13 days ago) Jun 15
On Jun 15, 2022 at 1:24:40 AM PDT, ""Pete Davidson""
<pete.d...@enochtimes.com> wrote:

> After Judge Cabrera's historic ruling, little Clitoria Jackson will likely
> undergo a name change.
>
> (DETROIT) In a decision that's expected to send shockwaves through the
> African-American community-- and yet, give much relief to teachers
> everywhere-- a federal judge ruled today that black women no longer have
> independent naming rights for their children. Too many black children-- and
> many adults-- bear names that border on not even being words, he said.
>
> "I am simply tired of these ridiculous names black women are giving their
> children," said U.S. Federal Judge Ryan Cabrera before rendering his
> decision. "Someone had to put a stop to it."
>
> The rule applies to all black women, but Cabrera singled out impoverished
> mothers. "They are the worst perpetrators," he said. "They put in apostrophes
> where none are needed. They think a 'Q' is a must. There was a time when
> Shaniqua and Tawanda were names you dreaded. Now, if you're a black girl, you
> hope you get a name as sensible as one of those."
>
> Few stepped forward to defend black women-- and black women themselves seemed
> relieved. "It's so hard to keep coming up with something unique," said
> Uneeqqi Jenkins, 22, an African-American mother of seven who survives on
> public assistance. Her children are named Daryl, Q'Antity, Uhlleejsha,
> Cray-Ig, Fellisittee, Tay'Sh'awn and Day'Shawndra.
>
> Beginning in one week, at least three white people must agree with the name
> before a black mother can name her child. "Hopefully we can see a lot more
> black children with sensible names like Jake and Connor," Cabrera said.
>
> His ruling stemmed from a lawsuit brought by a 13-year-old girl whose mother
> created her name using Incan hieroglyphics. "She said it would make me stand
> out," said the girl, whose name can't be reproduced by this news outlet's
> technology. "But it's really just stupid."
>
> The National Association of Elementary School Teachers celebrated Cabrera's
> decision. "Oh my god, the first day of school you'd be standing there
> sweating, looking at the list of names wondering 'How do I pronounce
> Q'J'Q'Sha?'" said Joyce Harmon, NAEST spokeswoman. "Is this even English?"
>
> The practice of giving black children outlandish names began in the 1960s,
> when blacks were getting in touch with their African roots, said historian
> Corlione Vest. But even he admits it got out of hand. "I have a niece who's
> six. I’m embarrassed to say I can't even pronounce her name," said Vest, a
> professor at Princeton University. "Whenever I want to talk to her, I just
> wait until she looks at me and then I wave her over."
>
> Cabrera’s ruling exempted black men because so few of them are actually
> involved in their children's lives.

LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwFsxogUFVc

Rhino

Jun 15, 2022, 7:32:52 PM (12 days ago) Jun 15

--
Rhino

BTR1701

Jun 15, 2022, 7:39:58 PM (12 days ago) Jun 15
In article <t8dq6t$c94$1...@dont-email.me>,
> >> there weating, looking at the list of names wondering 'How do I pronounce
> >> Q'J'Q'Sha?'" said Joyce Harmon, NAEST spokeswoman. "Is this even English?"
> >>
> >> The practice of giving black children outlandish names began in the 1960s,
>
> >> when blacks were getting in touch with their African roots, said historian
> >> Corlione Vest. But even he admits it got out of hand. "I have a niece
> >> who's six. I’m embarrassed to say I can't even pronounce her name," said
> >> Vest, a professor at Princeton University. "Whenever I want to talk to
> >> her, I just wait until she looks at me and then I wave her over."
> >>
> >> Cabrera's ruling exempted black men because so few of them are actually
> >> involved in their children's lives.
> >
> > LOL!
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwFsxogUFVc
> >
> >Is this from the Babylon Bee?

No, that was from the KEY & PEELE show.

Rhino

Jun 15, 2022, 8:01:55 PM (12 days ago) Jun 15
I know that the *video* was from Key & Peele - I got that from the
title, although I couldn't view it because I am in the wrong country -
but I was curious where the ARTICLE was from. Sorry, I didn't make that
clear.

--
Rhino

trotsky

Jun 16, 2022, 3:29:02 AM (12 days ago) Jun 16
You're kidding! An online publication that doesn't do videos? Are you
sure?

Who says right wing guys are stupid?

The Horny Goat

Jun 16, 2022, 1:38:03 PM (12 days ago) Jun 16
On Wed, 15 Jun 2022 16:43:19 -0700, BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> [...]
OMG - must be a lot of what used to be called "Irish twins" (2 kids
not born together but born in the same year - e.g. Jan and Nov) but
that many by 22 is nuts. Guess if your stipend goes up with each child
there's no incentive to exercise restraint.

As for naming I'd probably be called an old fart if I commented but
honestly some of those names verge on child abuse.

super70s

Jun 16, 2022, 2:12:29 PM (12 days ago) Jun 16
Blacks don't have a monopoly on crazy kid's names as far as I'm
concerned, I'd be curious what the author of this piece named his kids
(he's obviously white).

RichA

Jun 16, 2022, 6:31:40 PM (11 days ago) Jun 16
This may be joking but years ago, I remember nurse mentioning that some idiot black woman after
having given birth at the nurse's hospital named her kid after a disease, unknowingly. Pathetic.

The Horny Goat

Jun 17, 2022, 2:36:07 AM (11 days ago) Jun 17
On Thu, 16 Jun 2022 13:12:25 -0500, super70s
<supe...@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>Blacks don't have a monopoly on crazy kid's names as far as I'm
>concerned, I'd be curious what the author of this piece named his kids
>(he's obviously white).

My three are Mary (maternal grandmother's name), Shannon (my mother's
maiden name and a somewhat common girl's name) and John (wife's
godfather) - nothing remotely odd about our crew at least from their
names...

ZZyXX

Jun 18, 2022, 4:55:36 AM (10 days ago) Jun 18
of course you do

trotsky

Jun 18, 2022, 6:38:31 AM (10 days ago) Jun 18
I guess "nurse" is the person that takes care of him when he shits
himself in whatever home they stuck him in.

David Johnston

Jun 22, 2022, 11:16:09 PM (5 days ago) Jun 22
Hm. What Elon Musk's son's name again?

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 22, 2022, 11:18:51 PM (5 days ago) Jun 22
David Johnston <davidjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>. . .

>Hm. What Elon Musk's son's name again?

Oh dear gawd

https://pagesix.com/article/elon-musk-children/

BTR1701

Jun 22, 2022, 11:43:13 PM (5 days ago) Jun 22
"X was originally named X Æ A-12, but 'Æ' and '12' violated California law
for not being part of the English alphabet, forcing his parents to change
his name."

What if you already have a name containing a character that's not part of
the English alphabet-- like that 'n' with the squiggle over it in Spanish--
and then you move to California?

Does California force you to change your name in order to live in the
state?

shawn

Jun 23, 2022, 1:14:28 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
On Wed, 22 Jun 2022 22:43:05 -0500, BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
I would guess it is either that or they can't use any services that
require your name. So no drivers license for them until they get an
'American' name or at least Americanized.

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 23, 2022, 1:39:18 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
Which would involve simply writing their given name on the application
and/or forms without the tilde over the 'N'.

dirty old man.

BTR1701

Jun 23, 2022, 2:22:23 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
But that's not their name.

Rrrraaaaciiism!

shawn

Jun 23, 2022, 6:08:31 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
True, but I was thinking more of names that can't be that easily
changed such as many of those from SE Asia.

trotsky

Jun 23, 2022, 6:35:50 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
Do white supremacists find this funny then?

A Friend

Jun 23, 2022, 7:11:15 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
In article <t90m2n$vhk$2...@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
I went there and got clobbered by solicitations to subscribe to the New
York Post and other publications.

Exa Dark Sideræl was born in December 2021. That's "Siderael"; the
"ae" is a ligature, in case that didn't come across.

EDS joins Musk¹s six other children: Griffin, Xavier, Kai, Saxon,
Damian, and X. (I wonder what they'll call Exa for short? They
already have an X.)

A Friend

Jun 23, 2022, 7:14:58 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
In article <t90ua2$8o0$2...@dont-email.me>, Dimensional Traveler
The ñ is a separate letter of the alphabet. It's not just an "n" with
a tilde. It can be important, too. "Año" means year but "ano" means
anus.

trotsky

Jun 23, 2022, 7:58:49 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
One would think "Exa" is short enough.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 23, 2022, 8:38:41 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
Your "aesh" doesn't render correctly. It's some sort of failed
translation between the Web page, which was marked UTF-8 (default text
encoded on the Web these days) and the character set you've declared in
your MIME headers ISO-8859-1. "aesh" both capital and lower case without
diacritical marks are characters in ISO-8859-1.

I'm not retranslating. I've attempted to change translation in my
terminal emulation rendering so it displays correctly.

It's a Mac thing.

Ubiquitous

Jun 23, 2022, 10:01:55 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
>> LOL!
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwFsxogUFVc
>
>Hm. What Elon Musk's son's name again?

Elon Musk has children?
(You realize you're responding to a satirical piece, right?)

--
Let's go Brandon!

A Friend

Jun 23, 2022, 10:19:37 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
In article <t91msd$qsn$2...@dont-email.me>, Adam H. Kerman
<a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> Your "aesh" doesn't render correctly. It's some sort of failed
> translation between the Web page, which was marked UTF-8 (default text
> encoded on the Web these days) and the character set you've declared in
> your MIME headers ISO-8859-1. "aesh" both capital and lower case without
> diacritical marks are characters in ISO-8859-1.
>
> I'm not retranslating. I've attempted to change translation in my
> terminal emulation rendering so it displays correctly.
>
> It's a Mac thing.

Fortunately, this doesn't come up much.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 23, 2022, 11:21:12 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
It comes up in every one of your followups to someone posting with a
non-ASCII character. When you post a followup to anim, who open and
close single and double quote marks, none of which are characters in the
character set you use. Your software doesn't recognize it and something
else is substituted. But "aesh" upper and lower case is a character in
the character set you use so I have no idea why there's something else
unrenderable in there. There something about Mac character rendering
that isn't quite compatible with Linux and Windows.

I commented here because it was necessary to state what character you
had tried to render that didn't come through.

"aesh" is the AE or ae ligature in modern English printing that had been
its own character in Old English.

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 23, 2022, 11:43:00 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
They can be translated. There really isn't a need to legally change
their names. And if the system can't handle non-English alphabet
characters how are they going to input the name the person is changing from?

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 12:04:51 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
I don’t see any way to invoke the AE character on the iPhone virtual
keyboard at all given that it lacks the option or control buttons. I
suppose I could go find one and copy paste it but God knows what would
happen then.

I’m using Unicode UTF-8 which is the default. I have no options available.
I do have a lot of different text encoding choices that I could jump to
wholesale.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 23, 2022, 12:21:16 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
If you have the option of choosing US-ASCII, it would make my life
easier as I wouldn't have to substitute ASCII for non-ASCII quotes.

Nevertheless, there is a Macs are wacky thing going on as "aesh" is a
character that's part of ISO-8859-1 and should have rendered correctly.

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 12:32:55 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
My only choice with US in the name is
USA/western Europe (ISO-8859-1)
Want me to switch to that?

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 23, 2022, 12:58:33 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
Yes please.

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 2:17:12 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
Switched, and for good measure I quit the app and restarted.

The Horny Goat

Jun 23, 2022, 3:12:02 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
Then I am grateful for your help in getting it right. I would hate to
have some auto-translate software get confused translating one of my
historical speeches.....

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 23, 2022, 4:01:27 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
It's still UTF-8. I'll guess it's the non-ASCII characters -- the quotes
and apostrophe -- in your .sig forcing it.

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 6:37:13 PM (4 days ago) Jun 23
Quotes and ‘removed from Sigline.

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 6:39:07 PM (4 days ago) Jun 23
All suspects removed from Sigline.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 23, 2022, 7:42:40 PM (4 days ago) Jun 23
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>All suspects removed from Sigline.

You charset marking finally changed to ISO-8859-1.

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 8:40:42 PM (4 days ago) Jun 23
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
So where are we? You like what you see but I can never quote anything
again?

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 23, 2022, 8:45:00 PM (4 days ago) Jun 23
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>>anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>>>All suspects removed from Sigline.

>>You charset marking finally changed to ISO-8859-1.

>So where are we? You like what you see but I can never quote anything
>again?

Pure ASCII. This is a good thing.

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 9:05:43 PM (4 days ago) Jun 23
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> You charset marking finally changed to ISO-8859-1.
>
>> So where are we? You like what you see but I can never quote anything
>> again?
>
> Pure ASCII. This is a good thing.

Is that where we are?

David Johnston

Jun 23, 2022, 9:14:09 PM (4 days ago) Jun 23

David Johnston

Jun 23, 2022, 9:15:04 PM (4 days ago) Jun 23
And what is it satirizing?

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 23, 2022, 9:33:48 PM (4 days ago) Jun 23
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>>> So where are we? You like what you see but I can never quote anything
>>> again?
>>
>> Pure ASCII. This is a good thing.
>>

>Is that where we are?

Yes

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 24, 2022, 12:29:43 AM (4 days ago) Jun 24
There is a computer game about colonizing Mars where one of the possible
sponsors of your expedition is the company "SpaceY". :D

trotsky

Jun 24, 2022, 4:03:01 AM (4 days ago) Jun 24
On your home planet perhaps. Planet of the Nerds.