Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

HENNESSY -- 60s era series -- Help!!!

閲覧: 68 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

LanceX

未読、
1997/03/19 3:00:001997/03/19

Does anyone recall this show. It starred Jackie Cooper and was set in the
Navy. Any more info would be appreciated.

Lance

Lan...@aol.com

Steven W. DiFranco

未読、
1997/03/19 3:00:001997/03/19

LanceX wrote:

> Does anyone recall this show. It starred Jackie Cooper and was set in the
> Navy. Any more info would be appreciated.
>
> Lance

He had a bassett hound named Clio that 'talked' to the camera.

--

[ Steven W. DiFranco, CEO WEBCRAFT Data Resources ][ "For the things
which some men esteem to be of great worth, both to the body and soul,

Nick Pedicini

未読、
1997/03/20 3:00:001997/03/20

bambi <baby...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<5gq7gj$i...@sjx-ixn11.ix.netcom.com>...
> In <19970319232...@ladder01.news.aol.com> lan...@aol.com

> (LanceX) writes:
> >
> >Does anyone recall this show. It starred Jackie Cooper and was set in
> the
> >Navy. Any more info would be appreciated.
>

> boy did that bring back memories. he was an ensign. i believe abby
> dalton was also in the series.

Wasn't Corbett Monica also in that show?

NJP

bambi

未読、
1997/03/20 3:00:001997/03/20

(LanceX) writes:

>Does anyone recall this show. It starred Jackie Cooper and was set in
the
>Navy. Any more info would be appreciated.
>
>Lance
>
>Lan...@aol.com

Denise Perry

未読、
1997/03/20 3:00:001997/03/20

In article <3330AA...@apk.net> "Steven W. DiFranco" <s...@apk.net> writes:
>From: "Steven W. DiFranco" <s...@apk.net>
>Subject: Re: HENNESSY -- 60s era series -- Help!!!
>Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:09:41 -0800

>LanceX wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone recall this show. It starred Jackie Cooper and was set in the
>> Navy. Any more info would be appreciated.
>>
>> Lance

>He had a bassett hound named Clio that 'talked' to the camera.

I don't think that was in Hennessey. Maybe in another Jackie Cooper show.

Denise Perry WILL Radio
Internet: dpe...@uiuc.edu 810 S. Wright St. Rm 228
Phone: (217) 333-0850 Urbana, IL 61801

"We're public broadcasting; we put the 'fun' in dysfunctional!"
- PBS President Ervin Duggan

James and Linda Young

未読、
1997/03/20 3:00:001997/03/20

dpe...@uiuc.edu (Denise Perry) wrote:

>In article <3330AA...@apk.net> "Steven W. DiFranco" <s...@apk.net> writes:
>>From: "Steven W. DiFranco" <s...@apk.net>
>>Subject: Re: HENNESSY -- 60s era series -- Help!!!
>>Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:09:41 -0800

>>LanceX wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone recall this show. It starred Jackie Cooper and was set in the
>>> Navy. Any more info would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Lance

>>He had a bassett hound named Clio that 'talked' to the camera.

>I don't think that was in Hennessey. Maybe in another Jackie Cooper show.

>Denise Perry WILL Radio

Clio was in the Jackie Cooper series THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE where Cooper
played a small-town mayor, I believe. I remember HENNESSEY,
especially the stenciled titles. Jackie Cooper played a Navy doctor
and Abby Dalton was his nurse; later they got married.
Okay, I've got HARRY AND WALLY'S FAVORITE TV SHOWS here. The series
was set in San Diego. Cooper's character was Chick Hennessey, and
Abby Dalton was Martha Hale. Series also co-starred Roscoe Karns (I
remember him from 77 SUNSET STRIP), James Komack (later a producer; he
did THE COURTSHIP OF EDDIE'S FATHER), and Arte Johnson (yes, as in
LAUGH-IN).
I think Corbett Monica was on THE JOEY BISHOP SHOW. Easy to confuse
as Abby Dalton played the female lead in both.

Linda
"Always Remembering WENN"

William Brainard

未読、
1997/03/20 3:00:001997/03/20

And Abby and Jackie had a bassett hound named Cleo.

--

William Brainard
p020...@pb.seflin.org

Kathy O'Connell

未読、
1997/03/22 3:00:001997/03/22

Off the top of my head (a scary place...)...
"Hennessy" starred Jackie Cooper as Charles "Chick" Hennessy, a Naval doctor.
Abby Dalton (later on "Falcon Crest" and the wife on the old Joey Bishop
show) played Nurse Martha Hales, who later became his fiance and married
him on the last episode.
Also on the show were Henry Kulky (a character actor you'd recognize in a
second), Roscoe Carnes as the commanding officer, and (I think) James
Komack (later producer of "Courtship of Eddie's Father" & "Chico & the
Man") as an eccentric friend of Hennessy's.
It ran in the early 1960's. I think it was off the air by 1963.
What else can I tell you about it?
Hey...I was very young, and it was my favorite show (next to "Gunsmoke").

LanceX (lan...@aol.com) wrote:
: Does anyone recall this show. It starred Jackie Cooper and was set in the
: Navy. Any more info would be appreciated.

: Lance

: Lan...@aol.com

No Body

未読、
1997/03/23 3:00:001997/03/23

>>> Does anyone recall this show. It starred Jackie Cooper and was set in the
>>> Navy. Any more info would be appreciated.

Hennessy was a Navy doctor assigned to a hospital (in San Diego, I
believe). That means that his rank would have been Lieutenant (O3) or
higher. Hennessy's contempt for authority and military protocol was
similar to that of Hawkeye Pierce in "M*A*S*H."

>>He had a bassett hound named Clio that 'talked' to the camera.

>I don't think that was in Hennessey. Maybe in another Jackie Cooper show.

The dog appeared in "People's Choice," a 1950s show whose title
varied -- because the series appeared in syndication while the network
was running new episodes. Cooper played a city councilman in Arizona.

jab...@mail.airmail.net

未読、
1997/03/23 3:00:001997/03/23

Hennesey : CBS

September 29, 1959 - September 17, 1962

Situation comedy about a navy doctor stationed in San Diego with Jackie
Cooper as Lieutenant Charles "Chick" Hennesey; Abby Dalton as his
girlfriend, Nurse Martha Hale; Roscoe Karns as his commanding officer,
Captain Walter Shafer; James Komack as Navy Dentist Harvery Spencer
Blair III and Henry Kulky as Max Bronsky, an orderly who read Spinoza.
In the fall of 1961 promotions were handed out; Hennessey became a Lt.
Cmdr.; Hale a Lt.; Shafer an Admiral; and Bronsky a Chief Petty Officer.
Hennessey and Hale got married that season. Don McGuire wrote and
co-produced the series with Jackie Cooper. Hennessey was one of the very
few sitcoms of its time that did not have a laugh track.

If that sounds like I know a little too much about that program, I
don't. That information is courtesy of the book "Totally Television" by
Alex McNeil. I'm not spamming here, but if you're REALLY into
television, that's the book to check out.

Mac

未読、
1997/03/24 3:00:001997/03/24

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:09:41 -0800, "Steven W. DiFranco" <s...@apk.net>
wrote:

>LanceX wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone recall this show. It starred Jackie Cooper and was set in the
>> Navy. Any more info would be appreciated.
>>

>> Lance

>He had a bassett hound named Clio that 'talked' to the camera.

>[ Steven W. DiFranco,
Clio the talking dog was in the People's Choice when Jackie Cooper was
a local politician. In Hennessy he was a Naval Medical Officer and
yes, the lovely Abby Dalton was his nurse. I think the show only ran
a couple of years on, my guess would be, CBS.

R.M.K.

未読、
1997/03/27 3:00:001997/03/27

Kathy O'Connell (ocon...@pobox.upenn.edu) wrote:
: Off the top of my head (a scary place...)...

: "Hennessy" starred Jackie Cooper as Charles "Chick" Hennessy, a Naval doctor.
: Abby Dalton (later on "Falcon Crest" and the wife on the old Joey Bishop
: show) played Nurse Martha Hales, who later became his fiance and married
: him on the last episode.
: Also on the show were Henry Kulky (a character actor you'd recognize in a
: second), Roscoe Carnes as the commanding officer, and (I think) James
: Komack (later producer of "Courtship of Eddie's Father" & "Chico & the
: Man") as an eccentric friend of Hennessy's.
: It ran in the early 1960's. I think it was off the air by 1963.
: What else can I tell you about it?
: Hey...I was very young, and it was my favorite show (next to "Gunsmoke").

HENNESEY aired 9-28-59 thru 9-17-62; the marraige was aired 5-7-62... it ran
Monday nites on CBS at 10 pm... the "HENNESEY" theme <hey!!.. I still can
whistle it> was performed by Sonny Burke & His Orchestra <DECCA label>; the 45
release of this song had "MARTHA" on the 'flip-side'... one of my FAV SHOWS,
also... I think my first crush was Abby..!!

I vaguely remember an episode where Bobby Darin did a guest spot, where he
sang "Mack the Knife"... anybody else remember this..??

Rob.

Mr. Mark O. Deyoung

未読、
1997/03/27 3:00:001997/03/27