What Did You Watch? 2022-06-22 (Wednesday)

Ubiquitous

Jun 23, 2022, 6:59:04 AM (5 days ago) Jun 23
On gaming night, I watched:

Nothing.

What did you watch?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ian J. Ball

Jun 23, 2022, 12:07:38 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
On 2022-06-23 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:

> What did you watch?

I got my car serviced in the morning, so I dialed back on movies on
Wed., though I still got through one good flick... and one other!:

The Outpost (recorded) - "Something to Live For" (ep. #4.10).
The show continues to furiously kill off characters as it races
towards a "only Talon survives! (and maybe not even her!!)" series
finale. >:/
In this one, 313 busts one of his race out of the pod, which is
revealed to be his son (it looked more like his daughter!!), but he did
it before Janzo had prepped for it, so the son dies. Garret is revived
by Warlita, and races down to the chamber with some guards, and both
Janzo and Wren agree that 313 now needs to be imprisoned for attacking
them (just to get his son killed!!).
Talon and Luna head back to where Talon discovered Zed's kinj, but
are unable to find the location of Aster's tomb.
Zed, Nedra and Munt head for Golu's tomb, and Nedra discovers its
location, and they burn Golu's body to ash! But they are ambushed by
Levare (teleporting "God") and Tera ("death God"). Zed messes up Tera
fairly well, and hides the kinj in the other two, but Munt is seriously
(mortally?) wounded, and Nedra is toasted. Janya
(soul-sucking/resurrecting "God") then uses most of her "soul" energy
store to bring Golu back (considering he was ashes, the show is pure
fantasy now!!).
Just 3 more episodes to go! (Planning to finish this out on Friday.)

soaps: DOOL - The episode was consumed with Lani confessing to killing
Ray. Pretty much nothing else of consequence happened, though I really
liked Kate giving Nicole and Eric a hard time about secretly still
being in love with each other, despite Nicole about to marry Rafe!!
GH - This was GH's 15,000th(!) episode. So, as a "special" kind of
retrospective episode, pretty much all of the "younger cast" was
absent, with the episode focusing more on the long-timers, esp. Laura -
the gist was someone was trying to get Laura recalled (which they don't
even have in New York state!) as mayor - it turned out Cyrus Renault
was behind it!

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) - "Part VI". A pretty good ending, if you can
buy Obi-Wan kicking Darth Vader's ass (which, FTR, I *don't* buy!!).
The one good thing about having Hayden Christensen play Vader is
that we finally get an actor in the suit that can actually *move* with
some alacrity and liveliness! That has really been missing from Darth
Vader performances for the stretch ("Rogue One" excepted).
Anyway, this comes to a conclusion, though maybe not a completely
satisfying one, especially in regards to Reva, whom they "deus ex
machina" a conscience for at the end, and also don't kill her off. (I
smell a SPINOFF!!)
Yay! They finally got the Emperor in here somewhere!!
This show has been savaged on Reddit, but I thought it was OK
(though the dialogue *was* stilted). If they do a second season of
this, I do hope it's better than this - get off Tatooine, don't involve
Leia or Vader, and keep it fresh.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Disney+) - I really liked
this - I think this was one of the best MCU flicks, especially one of
the best (if not the best) non-Ant-Man, non-GotG flicks.
One of the things I really like is that this gives us a meaningful
followup to "WandaVision" - if you were one of those people that
concluded that Wanda was "evil" from WandaVision, this movie's for
you!!
Elizabeth Olsen turns in an actual acting performance, in an MCU
flick no less! But her performance here is really good in a couple of
scenes - probably too good for an MCU flick!
This film does seem to definitelively answer, with a *negative*,
about whether there will ever be another season of "WandaVision", and
indeed seems to write Wanda out of the MCU for good.
The film also crosses over with several other properties, including
Prof. X from the original "X-Men" (he was the only "Illuminati" who was
making any sense!!), along with "Captain Carter" (from "What If"),
Anson Mount as Black Bolt (from "Inhumans"!!1!) and John Krasinski as
Reed Richards!
Love Bruce Campbell cameoing in this - his post credits scene was
perfect! ;)
Anyway, this flick is a pretty dang good "ride" - it has a decent
story, with some good acting (esp. from Olson) along the way. I even
thought America Chavez's character was fine here.
Not sure I'm enthused what the mid-credits scene sets up - I think
I'd rather they do something else with "3"...
Some general comments: Elizabeth Olson has put weight back on - she
was "voluptuous" back when she did "Martha Marcy May Marlene", then got
pretty skinny back during the mid-MCU period, but has clearly put
weight back on here... Am I crazy, or did Rachel McAdams not always
have that thing on the side of her face?! I'd have to go check, but I
don't remember that being there back during, say, "The Hot Chick"!

Fortress (Tubi) - Another Bruce Willis special!! And it has a sequel!
It stars a cast of thousands! - Willis, *and* Jesse Metcalfe, *and*
Chad Michael Murray (chewing the scenery as the villain!!), *and*
Shannen Doherty!!! Hell, even Sean Kanan pops up in this! I think I
also know Ser'Darius Blain from somewhere, though I couldn't tell you
from where. Kelly Greyson co-stars, and she is a very muscular woman
who looks like she could *hurt* you, but not in a good way!
The plot of this one is rather preposterous - Metcalfe's character
shows up at a "retirement compound" to visit his father (Willis), but
it turns out this isn't any regular "retirement community", but is
literally a government-type fortress. It is soon attacked by a squad of
mercenaries, led by Blain, and Willis' "skills" are revealed as he
fights off the attackers, and tries to protect his son. Doherty and
Murray don't show up until later.
I have no clear idea how they squeeze a sequel out of this! but the
sequel was just recently released and hasn't shown up on a streamer yet.
This 2021 flick looks to be later in Willis' decline. In this film,
there are almost *no* scenes of Willis directly interacting with his
costars - there's one direct scene between Willis and Metcalfe, and
another between Willis and Doherty, and that's it. Every other scene is
just a framed shot on Willis delivering lines, with either no one in
the scene with him, or a stand-in barely visible at the very edge of
the frame. This is the very noticable structure of all of Willis' last
films.
Sidenote: This was filmed in Puerto Rico, as Willis' earlier "Out of
Death" was - I wonder if he filmed these back-to-back.

BTR1701

Jun 23, 2022, 1:51:49 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
On Jun 23, 2022 at 9:07:31 AM PDT, "Ian J. Ball" <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) - "Part VI". A pretty good ending, if you can
> buy Obi-Wan kicking Darth Vader's ass (which, FTR, I *don't* buy!!).

I also don't buy it because it completely destroys the continuity from A NEW
HOPE:

VADER: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle
is now complete. When I left you, I was but a learner; now I am the master.

Those are some weird things to say if they've had all these encounters and
duels in the time between Mustafar and the Death Star.

Arthur Lipscomb

Jun 23, 2022, 1:57:25 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
But it is consistent with dialogue from the movie. When they last met
Obi-Wan was a master and Vader was but a learner. You can't say Obi-Wan
didn't school Vader during that fight!

The only thing that bugged me was during the escape scene when the star
destroyer couldn't seem to hit that small shuttle. I was wondering what
was up with that then I tracked down some deleted footage that showed
what was happening on the bridge of the star destroyer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGdjKvivJA8
I immediately thought of the Christopher Lambert movie. I 'm not sure I
knew this one existed. It's not available to rent from Netflix. At
least not on disc.

I watched:

Ms. Marvel (Disney+) - "Destined" - After Obi-Wan I headed over to
watch this. I forgot to mention episode 2 from last week. Not that it
was worth mentioning. I guess episode 3 was a bit of a step up since
stuff actually happened.

The Umbrella Academy (Netflix streaming) "Meet the Family" and "World's
Biggest Ball of Twine" - The first two episodes of season 3 which finds
the team returning to an altered reality where they have all been
replaced by new and better versions that their "father" adopted instead
of them. I guess they were sort of OK. I am still frustrated that the
Academy continue to hold back using their powers. I know they weren't
trying to kill the alternate versions of themselves, but Number 3 can
literally alter reality with a word and she *never* uses this power
anywhere close to the full potential. There is no reason they should
ever lose a fight when she is there.

The Flash - "Negative, Part One" - Penultimate episode. If there was
ever any question that something was going on behind the scenes with
Candice Patton and the show, this episode pretty much confirmed it! But
I still don't know if she's having a personal issue with someone in the
cast (my guess Grant Gustin) or if she just wanted off the show. And
what was up with that throw away line about Flash being "off world" in
the future?

Stranger Things (Netflix streaming) - I forgot to mention from the other
day, I watched episode 3. This season continues to be a hard to get
through. I don't understand all the hype surrounding this season. I am
not enjoying it!

Ian J. Ball

Jun 23, 2022, 2:14:01 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
On 2022-06-23 17:57:17 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> I watched:
>
> Stranger Things (Netflix streaming) - I forgot to mention from the
> other day, I watched episode 3. This season continues to be a hard to
> get through. I don't understand all the hype surrounding this season.
> I am not enjoying it!

Yeah, quite the contrast with "Obi-Wan". But if the latter is getting
overly criticized, it wouldn't shock me in the least of "Stranger
Things 4" is getting overly praised.

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 3:06:13 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2022-06-23 08:30:41 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I got my car serviced in the morning, so I dialed back on movies on
> Wed., though I still got through one good flick... and one other!:
>
> The Outpost (recorded) - "Something to Live For" (ep. #4.10).
> The show continues to furiously kill off characters as it races
> towards a "only Talon survives! (and maybe not even her!!)" series
> finale. >:/

Oooo! Oooo! I know! I know!

> In this one, 313 busts one of his race out of the pod, which is
> revealed to be his son (it looked more like his daughter!!),

A couple days ago my ex messaged me a picture of her with her
granddaughter. I mentioned that her granddaughter looks a lot like the
peaches granddaughter. And… It turned out it was her grandson. I’m going
to be paying for that one for a while.

but he did
> it before Janzo had prepped for it, so the son dies. Garret is revived
> by Warlita, and races down to the chamber with some guards, and both
> Janzo and Wren agree that 313 now needs to be imprisoned for attacking
> them (just to get his son killed!!).
> Talon and Luna head back to where Talon discovered Zed's kinj, but
> are unable to find the location of Aster's tomb.
> Zed, Nedra and Munt head for Golu's tomb, and Nedra discovers its
> location, and they burn Golu's body to ash! But they are ambushed by
> Levare (teleporting "God") and Tera ("death God"). Zed messes up Tera
> fairly well, and hides the kinj in the other two, but Munt is seriously
> (mortally?) wounded, and Nedra is toasted. Janya
> (soul-sucking/resurrecting "God") then uses most of her "soul" energy
> store to bring Golu back (considering he was ashes, the show is pure
> fantasy now!!).
> Just 3 more episodes to go! (Planning to finish this out on Friday.)

Just wait for the sexy energy dance finale!

> Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Disney+) - I really liked
> this - I think this was one of the best MCU flicks, especially one of
> the best (if not the best) non-Ant-Man, non-GotG flicks.

It’s a good one, although Iron Man one is still at the top of my list.

> One of the things I really like is that this gives us a meaningful
> followup to "WandaVision" - if you were one of those people that
> concluded that Wanda was "evil" from WandaVision, this movie's for
> you!!

OK here’s my big problem with the set up.
Nffhzvat gurer’f n ernyvgl bs rirel synibe, gurer zhfg or n ernyvgl jurer
Jnaqn jrag njnl naq gur ivfvba vf unccvyl envfvat ure xvqf. Ab nygreangr
Jnaqn gb jbeel nobhg qvfcynpvat. Jul qba’g gurl whfg svaq gung bar naq fraq
ure gurer? Ng yrnfg fbzrobql fubhyq unir oebhtug hc gur cbffvovyvgl! V

> Elizabeth Olsen turns in an actual acting performance, in an MCU
> flick no less! But her performance here is really good in a couple of
> scenes - probably too good for an MCU flick!

Heh

> This film does seem to definitelively answer, with a *negative*,
> about whether there will ever be another season of "WandaVision", and
> indeed seems to write Wanda out of the MCU for good.

Except it just introduced an infinite number of alternate wanders.

> The film also crosses over with several other properties, including
> Prof. X from the original "X-Men" (he was the only "Illuminati" who was
> making any sense!!), along with "Captain Carter" (from "What If"),
> Anson Mount as Black Bolt (from "Inhumans"!!1!) and John Krasinski as
> Reed Richards!

Yeah that’s actually the actor and character from the Inhumans TV series.
There’s good odds he’s also a Skrull imposter. Professor X is a live
action version of the one from one of the cartoon series (that’s his yellow
cartoon wheelchair and they played the cartoon theme). There’s an entire
council of alternate read Richards in the comics, and usually him having a
beard is a bad sign. But this was actually Mr. fantastic, right down to the
costume and powers! And the four on his chest implies a Ben and a Sue and a
Johnny.

It hadn’t occurred to me we were actually seeing any marvel illuminati
group. If we were they sure should’ve had Tony Stark in there. In costume
if they didn’t want to pay Robert Downey Jr.!

> Love Bruce Campbell cameoing in this - his post credits scene was
> perfect! ;)

Yes.

> Anyway, this flick is a pretty dang good "ride" - it has a decent
> story, with some good acting (esp. from Olson) along the way. I even
> thought America Chavez's character was fine here.
> Not sure I'm enthused what the mid-credits scene sets up - I think
> I'd rather they do something else with "3"...

Are you kidding? Do you know who that was? Do you know who she was playing?
Gung jnf Puneyvmr Gureba! Fgbezsebag sebz GUR OBLF! Naq fur jnf cynlvat
Pyrn! Pyrn, qnhtugre bs Hzne, avrpr bs Qbeznzzh! Fur jub vf qrfgvarq gb
unir fzbbpul snprf jvgu Fgrcura Fgenatr!
Man, not since Eddie Benton …

> Some general comments: Elizabeth Olson has put weight back on - she
> was "voluptuous" back when she did "Martha Marcy May Marlene", then got
> pretty skinny back during the mid-MCU period, but has clearly put
> weight back on here... Am I crazy, or did Rachel McAdams not always
> have that thing on the side of her face?! I'd have to go check, but I
> don't remember that being there back during, say, "The Hot Chick"!

I kept not being sure if that thing on her face was dirt or was supposed to
differentiate her from her other characters or what. Also she was a bit
broad in the beam to be wearing that unitard.

> Fortress (Tubi) - Another Bruce Willis special!! And it has a sequel!
> It stars a cast of thousands! - Willis, *and* Jesse Metcalfe, *and*
> Chad Michael Murray (chewing the scenery as the villain!!), *and*
> Shannen Doherty!!! Hell, even Sean Kanan pops up in this! I think I
> also know Ser'Darius Blain from somewhere, though I couldn't tell you
> from where. Kelly Greyson co-stars, and she is a very muscular woman
> who looks like she could *hurt* you, but not in a good way!
> The plot of this one is rather preposterous - Metcalfe's character
> shows up at a "retirement compound" to visit his father (Willis), but
> it turns out this isn't any regular "retirement community", but is
> literally a government-type fortress. It is soon attacked by a squad of
> mercenaries, led by Blain, and Willis' "skills" are revealed as he
> fights off the attackers, and tries to protect his son. Doherty and
> Murray don't show up until later.
> I have no clear idea how they squeeze a sequel out of this! but the
> sequel was just recently released and hasn't shown up on a streamer yet.
> This 2021 flick looks to be later in Willis' decline. In this

IMDb says they were shot back to back and that there was supposed to be a
third one.

film,
> there are almost *no* scenes of Willis directly interacting with his
> costars - there's one direct scene between Willis and Metcalfe, and
> another between Willis and Doherty, and that's it. Every other scene is
> just a framed shot on Willis delivering lines, with either no one in
> the scene with him, or a stand-in barely visible at the very edge of
> the frame. This is the very noticable structure of all of Willis' last
> films.
> Sidenote: This was filmed in Puerto Rico, as Willis' earlier "Out of
> Death" was - I wonder if he filmed these back-to-back.

Added to my watch list, thanks

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 3:06:56 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
This is on my watchlist but I don’t know anything about it and I don’t know
anyone watching it although I know several people that are refusing to
watch it. I keep thinking it must be a step towards replacing stinky cheese
license.

> The Umbrella Academy (Netflix streaming) "Meet the Family" and "World's
> Biggest Ball of Twine" - The first two episodes of season 3 which finds
> the team returning to an altered reality where they have all been
> replaced by new and better versions that their "father" adopted instead
> of them. I guess they were sort of OK. I am still frustrated that the
> Academy continue to hold back using their powers. I know they weren't
> trying to kill the alternate versions of themselves, but Number 3 can
> literally alter reality with a word and she *never* uses this power
> anywhere close to the full potential. There is no reason they should
> ever lose a fight when she is there.
>

> The Flash - "Negative, Part One" - Penultimate episode. If there was
> ever any question that something was going on behind the scenes with
> Candice Patton and the show, this episode pretty much confirmed it! But
> I still don't know if she's having a personal issue with someone in the
> cast (my guess Grant Gustin) or if she just wanted off the show. And
> what was up with that throw away line about Flash being "off world" in
> the future?

I have no doubt that there’s some offscreen problem with Patton but I
hadn’t thought it was anything with Gustin since he’s the only cast member
who goes to visit her.

Are you going to elaborate on any of this or are you going to make me watch
it on The CW app again this week?

> Stranger Things (Netflix streaming) - I forgot to mention from the other
> day, I watched episode 3. This season continues to be a hard to get
> through. I don't understand all the hype surrounding this season. I am
> not enjoying it!

anim8rfsk

Jun 23, 2022, 3:09:48 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2022 at 9:07:31 AM PDT, "Ian J. Ball" <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) - "Part VI". A pretty good ending, if you can
>> buy Obi-Wan kicking Darth Vader's ass (which, FTR, I *don't* buy!!).
>
> I also don't buy it because it completely destroys the continuity from A NEW
HOPE:

What the hell is that?

> VADER: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle
is now complete. When I left you, I was but a learner; now I am the master.

> Those are some weird things to say if they've had all these encounters and
duels in the time between Mustafar and the Death Star.

BTR1701

Jun 23, 2022, 5:19:16 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
> council of alternate Reed Richards in the comics, and usually him having a
> beard is a bad sign. But this was actually Mr. Fantastic, right down to the
> costume and powers! And the four on his chest implies a Ben and a Sue and a
> Johnny.

Does Sue absolutely have to be a blonde? 'Cause I vote they cast Hi-Ho
Daddario to play her!

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 23, 2022, 5:37:39 PM (5 days ago) Jun 23
On 6/23/2022 10:57 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

> The Flash - "Negative, Part One" - Penultimate episode.  If there was
> ever any question that something was going on behind the scenes with
> Candice Patton and the show, this episode pretty much confirmed it!  But
> I still don't know if she's having a personal issue with someone in the
> cast (my guess Grant Gustin) or if she just wanted off the show.  And
> what was up with that throw away line about Flash being "off world" in
> the future?

Well, would you want to have to work with a guy who's playing the same
character as Ezra Miller? :P

dirty old man.

Arthur Lipscomb

Jun 24, 2022, 1:11:16 AM (4 days ago) Jun 24
> This is on my watchlist...

The character will be in the next Captain Marvel movie. On the show she
idolizes Captain Marvel and ripped off her costume. Although I believe
that's true of the comic as well.

>> The Umbrella Academy (Netflix streaming) "Meet the Family" and "World's
>> Biggest Ball of Twine" - The first two episodes of season 3 which finds
>> the team returning to an altered reality where they have all been
>> replaced by new and better versions that their "father" adopted instead
>> of them. I guess they were sort of OK. I am still frustrated that the
>> Academy continue to hold back using their powers. I know they weren't
>> trying to kill the alternate versions of themselves, but Number 3 can
>> literally alter reality with a word and she *never* uses this power
>> anywhere close to the full potential. There is no reason they should
>> ever lose a fight when she is there.
>>

>> The Flash - "Negative, Part One" - Penultimate episode. If there was
>> ever any question that something was going on behind the scenes with
>> Candice Patton and the show, this episode pretty much confirmed it! But
>> I still don't know if she's having a personal issue with someone in the
>> cast (my guess Grant Gustin) or if she just wanted off the show. And
>> what was up with that throw away line about Flash being "off world" in
>> the future?
>
> I have no doubt that there’s some offscreen problem with Patton but I
> hadn’t thought it was anything with Gustin since he’s the only cast member
> who goes to visit her.

Up until briefly during the last episode, their two characters hadn't
shared a scene together in a while. Even before her character
disappeared they weren't sharing scenes. Then when she went away Barry
never mentioned that she's missing or went looking for her. There
*might* have been one offhand comment of she's gone and I can't her.
But I not sure. They *know* she's been missing for several episodes,
they just don't talk about it and go on having other adventures as if
she was never there. I mentioned an episode or two ago that scenes and
dialogue that were clearly written for Iris was given to another
character. Then in the last episode she briefly shows up again, but I
can't say for certain the two actors really were in the same place at
the same time. It's entirely possible their brief scene together was
filmed using a body double.

Before she went missing and even when she returned last night her
character was interacting with other characters, just not Barry. That's
why I was thinking there maybe something personal going on between the
two actors. Actors who hate each other work together all the time.
It's part of the job. So if something did happen, it had to be the type
of thing that was bad enough to go up to management with orders on down
to not write any scenes with the two of them together. Followed by
writing her out of the show entirely. If it was just writing her out of
the show, then why did they all of a sudden stop sharing scenes>?
That's why I'm thinking something personal happened between the two
actors.

But it's all speculation on my part. Maybe next season she'll be back
good as new sharing scenes with Bary again as if nothing happened. And
maybe Megan Boone will be back on the Black List next season and Eliza
Dushku will show up for the final season of Bull...

> Are you going to elaborate on any of this or are you going to make me watch
> it on The CW app again this week?

The other issue I'm assuming they are going to address in the finale is
how will the future kids continue to exist if she isn't around anymore
to have them. The writers really wrote themselves into a corner with
that one!

anim8rfsk

Jun 24, 2022, 6:58:19 AM (4 days ago) Jun 24
Sue absolutely has to be a blonde. But Jessica Alba was the best Sue so far
when she bleached her hair.

Hi ho would make an excellent power girl.

https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0dbcf8e5f6f29cfceb64872451fcfcb2-lq

anim8rfsk

Jun 24, 2022, 7:10:34 AM (4 days ago) Jun 24
Thanks for all that. You got me to go check out the flash. The stupid CW
app on my TV won’t let you fast forward at all. The app on the iPhone makes
you sit through five interminably long commercial breaks.

Anyway I got the gist of the show which was “what the hell are they talking
about?“ And got to see Iris die.

Iris dying is right out of the comics as is her being found alive and well
in the future and having a couple kids.

The thing I couldn’t believe was Barry being stupid enough to push the ring
and the costume and the powers on Thawne. How was that possibly going to
end well?

Ubiquitous

Jun 24, 2022, 8:38:36 AM (4 days ago) Jun 24
In article <t929i0$hhq$1...@dont-email.me>, art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>Stranger Things (Netflix streaming) - I forgot to mention from the other
>day, I watched episode 3. This season continues to be a hard to get
>through. I don't understand all the hype surrounding this season. I am
>not enjoying it!

Aren't they kinda old to be in junior high school?

Ubiquitous

Jun 24, 2022, 8:41:22 AM (4 days ago) Jun 24
In article <t93h1f$v62$1...@dont-email.me>, art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:
> On 6/23/2022 12:06 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Ms. Marvel (Disney+) - "Destined" - After Obi-Wan I headed over to
>>> watch this. I forgot to mention episode 2 from last week. Not that it
>>> was worth mentioning. I guess episode 3 was a bit of a step up since
>>> stuff actually happened.
>>
>> This is on my watchlist...
>
>The character will be in the next Captain Marvel movie. On the show she
>idolizes Captain Marvel

... and I'm not watching it.

Adam H. Kerman

Jun 24, 2022, 9:47:28 AM (4 days ago) Jun 24
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>. . .

>The character will be in the next Captain Marvel movie. On the show she
>idolizes Captain Marvel and ripped off her costume.

Kinky

>Although I believe that's true of the comic as well.

>>>. . .

BTR1701

Jun 24, 2022, 4:28:05 PM (4 days ago) Jun 24
In article
<1563890481.677740572.7...@news.easynews.com>,
> Hi ho would make an excellent Power Girl.
>
> https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0dbcf8e5f6f29cfceb64872451fcfcb2-lq

LOL!

They look like they just came off the set of a porn parody.

anim8rfsk

Jun 24, 2022, 4:30:40 PM (4 days ago) Jun 24
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>
>>> . . .
>
>> The character will be in the next Captain Marvel movie. On the show she
>> idolizes Captain Marvel and ripped off her costume.
>
> Kinky

Rhymes with stinky

anim8rfsk

Jun 24, 2022, 9:58:35 PM (3 days ago) Jun 24
Power girl is who Supergirl will be after she grows up and her boobs come
in.

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 25, 2022, 12:35:35 AM (3 days ago) Jun 25
On 6/24/2022 6:58 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>> In article
>> <1563890481.677740572.7...@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Sue absolutely has to be a blonde. But Jessica Alba was the best Sue so far
>>> when she bleached her hair.
>>>
>>> Hi ho would make an excellent Power Girl.
>>>
>>> https://qph.cf2.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-0dbcf8e5f6f29cfceb64872451fcfcb2-lq
>>
>> LOL!
>>
>> They look like they just came off the set of a porn parody.
>>

> Power girl is who Supergirl will be after she grows up and her boobs come
> in.

I don't think Helen Slater's boobs ever came in like that....

anim8rfsk

Jun 25, 2022, 1:31:10 AM (3 days ago) Jun 25
They’re bigger than Melissa Benoist’s brain!

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 25, 2022, 12:20:07 PM (3 days ago) Jun 25
:P