"FBI: International" Cover up car's emblem??

RichA

Oct 4, 2022, 9:38:00 PM10/4/22
An Audi drives up. The front grill of an Audi has multi-ring Audi symbol on it. They'd covered it with black tape or something. It looked ridiculous.

anim8rfsk

Oct 4, 2022, 10:13:03 PM10/4/22
RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> An Audi drives up. The front grill of an Audi has multi-ring Audi symbol
> on it. They'd covered it with black tape or something. It looked ridiculous.

You see that all the time with stickers over the Apple logo on the back of
laptops.

RichA

Oct 4, 2022, 11:59:39 PM10/4/22
Yeah, that's usually a piece of black tape. This was just awful-looking.

Ubiquitous

Oct 5, 2022, 7:06:55 AM10/5/22
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> An Audi drives up. The front grill of an Audi has multi-ring Audi
>> symbol on it. They'd covered it with black tape or something. It
>> looked ridiculous.
>
> You see that all the time with stickers over the Apple logo on the
> back of laptops.

I have _never_ seen a covered Apple logo om TV before!

--
Let's go Brandon!

A Friend

Oct 5, 2022, 10:10:42 AM10/5/22
In article <thjoga$2v5gu$7...@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
They were at least half-covered all the time on The Big Bang Theory. I
don't know why. Maybe it was a network requirement. Back when Macs
were new, Apple gave them away to TV productions.

BTR1701

Oct 5, 2022, 1:13:17 PM10/5/22
Studios want companies to pay for the privilege of advertising in popular
shows and movies. If they haven't paid to play, their logo gets covered up.

anim8rfsk

Oct 6, 2022, 2:22:57 AM10/6/22
Don’t make me troll a meter you bro.

Those round stickers in the middle of the back of everybody’s laptop? What
do you think they’re covering?

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

anim8rfsk

Oct 6, 2022, 2:22:58 AM10/6/22
And it makes it hard to sell advertising to lesser computer companies, like
Dell, when your heroes are seeing using the competition.

Your Name

Oct 6, 2022, 4:13:42 PM10/6/22
There's also the flip-side where a company does not want their product
associated with a particular show / movie. The most obvious would be in
porn movies, but even a show like "Breaking Bad" might be consdered by
some companies to be a no-go area due to it's drug-based theme.

One particular example of this was the Jonathan Frakes' "Thunderbirds"
movie, where Rolls Royce declined to allow their brand to be used, so
Lady Penelope ended up with a crappy, although heavily modified, Ford
instead ... as if any British aristocracy would ever be seen dead in a
Ford. :-)

Ubiquitous

Oct 7, 2022, 7:56:48 AM10/7/22
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>> You see that all the time with stickers over the Apple logo on the
>>> back of laptops.
>>
>> I have _never_ seen a covered Apple logo om TV before!
>
> Don't make me troll a meter you bro.
>
> Those round stickers in the middle of the back of everybody's laptop?
> What do you think they're covering?

Ha ha, seriously, I have always seen an Apple logo on laptops because it
always makes me wonder why they never show other computer logos.

Ubiquitous

Oct 7, 2022, 7:59:18 AM10/7/22
Well, I wouldn't want my car associated with that bitch if I were Rolls Royce.
Message has been deleted

anim8rfsk

Oct 7, 2022, 11:40:04 AM10/7/22
Showbiz types tend to prefer Apple, plus I’m sure there are deals being
made. Windows users look down on showbiz types for using Apple and on Apple
for being used by showbiz types.

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Dimensional Traveler

Oct 7, 2022, 4:09:50 PM10/7/22
On 10/7/2022 8:39 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>> Don't make me troll a meter you bro.
>>>
>>> Those round stickers in the middle of the back of everybody's laptop?
>>> What do you think they're covering?
>>
>> Ha ha, seriously, I have always seen an Apple logo on laptops because it
>> always makes me wonder why they never show other computer logos.
>>

> Showbiz types tend to prefer Apple, plus I’m sure there are deals being
> made. Windows users look down on showbiz types for using Apple and on Apple
> for being used by showbiz types.

Well, and for Apple not letting us use the computers we buy from them to
do the things we want and need to.

dirty old man.

Your Name

Oct 7, 2022, 5:44:29 PM10/7/22
On 2022-10-07 15:39:59 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>> Don't make me troll a meter you bro.
>>>
>>> Those round stickers in the middle of the back of everybody's laptop?
>>> What do you think they're covering?
>>
>> Ha ha, seriously, I have always seen an Apple logo on laptops because it
>> always makes me wonder why they never show other computer logos.
>
> Showbiz types tend to prefer Apple,

Depends what you mean by "showbiz types". The celebrities (whether
that's well-known actors, directors, producers, etc.) get so over-paid
that they can afford to buy Apple since it's seen as the best.

The devices that appear in shows / movies, plus advertising, are
usually chosen by the design department, and it's the designers that
prefer Apple since it looks good.

> plus I'm sure there are deals being made.

Apple has always said they do not make any placement deals for their
products, but, shows / movies mad for Apple TV+ are a lot less likely
to use non-Apple devices, if only because they likely get a price
discount.

> Windows users look down on showbiz types for using Apple and on Apple
> for being used by showbiz types.

Apple (and Linux) users laugh at Windoze users for being so stupid as
to use the world's worst software. Bill Gates is one of the biggest con
artists in history. :-p

BTR1701

Oct 7, 2022, 7:23:04 PM10/7/22
Apple products have never been designed for hackers and people who want to
tinker inside the machines. They're for people who buy computers like they
buy cars: they just want something that will work right out of the box and
which requires no specialized knowledge or skill to operate.

If you're a computer tinkerer, Apple is not for you and you ought to know
that before buying one and then complaining about the walled garden.

The Horny Goat

Oct 8, 2022, 10:29:56 PM10/8/22
On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:39:59 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:

>Showbiz types tend to prefer Apple, plus I’m sure there are deals being
>made. Windows users look down on showbiz types for using Apple and on Apple
>for being used by showbiz types.

30 years ago I was one of those infuriated by Apple not making a data
migration tool for converting Apple II data to Mac (I was thinking in
terms of IIc Appleworks to Mac Appleworks) and swore I'd never spend a
nickel with Apple again.

Except for buying a Mac laptop for my daughter when she entered art
school and an iPad for my late wife I've kept my word - and have not
spent a nickel with them for myself.

They had me they chose to lose me and I've had 5-6 computers in the
three decades since then which had nothing to do with Cupertino.

Your Name

Oct 9, 2022, 12:57:22 AM10/9/22
On 2022-10-09 02:29:48 +0000, The Horny Goat said:

> On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:39:59 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Showbiz types tend to prefer Apple, plus I’m sure there are deals being
>> made. Windows users look down on showbiz types for using Apple and on Apple
>> for being used by showbiz types.
>
> 30 years ago I was one of those infuriated by Apple not making a data
> migration tool for converting Apple II data to Mac (I was thinking in
> terms of IIc Appleworks to Mac Appleworks) and swore I'd never spend a
> nickel with Apple again.

There are a few wasy to convert the files - MacLink Plus being one. :-)

> Except for buying a Mac laptop for my daughter when she entered art
> school and an iPad for my late wife I've kept my word - and have not
> spent a nickel with them for myself.
>
> They had me they chose to lose me and I've had 5-6 computers in the
> three decades since then which had nothing to do with Cupertino.

Your loss, you got stuck using an inferior system ... Apple couldn't
care less about one individual. :-)

anim8rfsk

Oct 9, 2022, 1:09:57 AM10/9/22
I never really had a lot of a choice. I’ve always been using art software
that either only worked on a Mac or worked better on a Mac.

If I had learned Linux I would have probably been made compositor for
Anastasia.

Thank God I never learned Linux.

A Friend

Oct 9, 2022, 7:55:15 AM10/9/22
In article
<66766275.686983045.47...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> The Horny Goat <lcr...@home.ca> wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 08:39:59 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Showbiz types tend to prefer Apple, plus I?m sure there are deals being
> >> made. Windows users look down on showbiz types for using Apple and on Apple
> >> for being used by showbiz types.
> >
> > 30 years ago I was one of those infuriated by Apple not making a data
> > migration tool for converting Apple II data to Mac (I was thinking in
> > terms of IIc Appleworks to Mac Appleworks) and swore I'd never spend a
> > nickel with Apple again.
> >
> > Except for buying a Mac laptop for my daughter when she entered art
> > school and an iPad for my late wife I've kept my word - and have not
> > spent a nickel with them for myself.
> >
> > They had me they chose to lose me and I've had 5-6 computers in the
> > three decades since then which had nothing to do with Cupertino.
> >

> I never really had a lot of a choice. I靶e always been using art software
> that either only worked on a Mac or worked better on a Mac.
>
> If I had learned Linux I would have probably been made compositor for
> Anastasia.
>
> Thank God I never learned Linux.

LOL

Daila Motiti