No Punishment for Sieg Heiling in HItler's Retirement State

jgro...@hotmail.com

Jan 6, 2019, 4:03:19 PM1/6/19
The Wisconsin students who appeared to make a Nazi salute in a widely criticized photo will not be punished, the school’s superintendent said this week in a letter to parents.

The superintendent, Lori Mueller of the Baraboo School District, said in the letter that the district was “not in a position to punish the students for their actions” because of their First Amendment rights.

“As previously stated, we cannot know the intentions in the hearts of those who were involved,” Ms. Mueller wrote in the letter, which was obtained by The Baraboo News Republic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/24/us/baraboo-wisconsin-nazi-salute-photo.html

BTR1701

Jan 6, 2019, 8:01:05 PM1/6/19
<jgro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The Wisconsin students who appeared to make a Nazi salute in a widely
> criticized photo will not be punished, the school’s superintendent said
> this week in a letter to parents.
>
> The superintendent, Lori Mueller of the Baraboo School District, said in
> the letter that the district was “not in a position to punish the
> students for their actions” because of their First Amendment rights.
>
> “As previously stated, we cannot know the intentions in the hearts of
> those who were involved,” Ms. Mueller wrote in the letter, which was
> obtained by The Baraboo News Republic.

Doesn't matter if you know their intentions or not. The expression is
protected regardless of their intentions.

Adam H. Kerman

Jan 10, 2019, 12:01:55 PM1/10/19
jgro...@hotmail.com wrote:

>The Wisconsin students who appeared to make a Nazi salute in a widely criti=
>cized photo will not be punished, the school=E2=80=99s superintendent said =
>this week in a letter to parents.

>The superintendent, Lori Mueller of the Baraboo School District, said in th=
>e letter that the district was =E2=80=9Cnot in a position to punish the stu=
>dents for their actions=E2=80=9D because of their First Amendment rights.

>=E2=80=9CAs previously stated, we cannot know the intentions in the hearts =
>of those who were involved,=E2=80=9D Ms. Mueller wrote in the letter, which=
> was obtained by The Baraboo News Republic.

>https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/24/us/baraboo-wisconsin-nazi-salute-photo.h=
>tml

Oh dear gawd

I wrote about this some time back.

Dear Ms. Mueller,

That's not how the First Amendment works. One is allowed to state one's
opinion without government censorship, even if it's mocking, even if
it's hateful, even if the Powers That Be "cannot know the intentions in
the hearts of those who were involved."

Also, Ms. Mueller, you had no cause to investigate an incident in which
a parent, and not the school, took the photograph. The students weren't
even on school grounds.

With regard to intent, we do have a statement from the photographer who
posed the students. He asked them to waive goodbye. The photographer didn't
think the kids were doing a Nazi salute when he published the photograph.

Let's leave it to his judgment and not yours, ok?

jgro...@hotmail.com

Jan 11, 2019, 7:16:44 PM1/11/19
Nobody waves goodbye with an arm stretched out at 45 degrees like the VIPs at the opening ceremony of the 1936 Berlin Olympics. Was Adolph Hitler Jr. or AH the Third taking the Baraboo photo ??

And I going to guess that the guy busted for murder/kidnapping had Natsi sympathies.

"Jayme disappeared from her home near Barron after someone blasted his way into her home and shot her parents, James and Denise Closs, on Oct. 15. The sheriff said investigators believe Patterson killed them in order to abduct the girl.

Patterson took such measures as shaving his head beforehand to avoid leaving evidence at the scene, the sheriff said. A shotgun similar to the one used was recovered from the home where Jayme was believed held, according to Fitzgerald.

Property records show that the cabin belonged to Patterson’s father at the time of Jayme’s disappearance."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/wisconsin-man-arrested-in-teens-abduction-parents-deaths/2019/01/11/36f0da36-15fe-11e9-ab79-30cd4f7926f2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e5cf0b5c7709

Geoff Rove

Jun 17, 2019, 8:49:10 PM6/17/19
Whats old is new again, Sieg Heiling by a Republican volunteer:

"Kendall County Republican volunteer who gave a Nazi salute and shouted “sieg heil” as Kendall County Democrats passed the float on which he was riding at Oswego’s PrairieFest parade Sunday drew condemnation from those who witnessed it, including U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood.

“Today, while walking alongside volunteers, my family and my community in this year’s PrairieFest Parade, someone gave a Nazi salute and shouted hate speech at us,” Underwood, D-Naperville, said in a tweet Sunday, one of several she posted. The incident occurred before the parade started, when participants were lining up."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/naperville-sun/ct-nvs-underwood-kendall-republicans-hate-speech-st-0619-story.html