Julia Roberts on "Friends"

Alison Rosenstengel

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960129...@winnie.freenet.mb.ca>,
R.W. Rasband <hsu...@freenet.mb.ca> wrote:
>Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
>so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
>Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
>she went on the show. Can anyone picture Sandra Bullock
>stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that?

Hi R.W.... Remember the character that Brooke Shields played? The one
that couldn't tell the difference between real life and television? Look
into it.

Blaze

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96

> Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
> so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
> Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
> she went on the show.

I'm sorry - did you say "nice"? Lemme refresh your memory:

Chandler: "Okay, Pure Evil -- horny and alone. I've done *this*."

Chandler's funny, and he's a kick to be around, but the guy spends too
much time trying to get laid than is good for him. :)

Blaze -- m-b...@students.uiuc.edu

Message has been deleted

robertson jason victor

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960129...@winnie.freenet.mb.ca> "R.W. Rasband" <hsu...@freenet.mb.ca> writes:
>Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
>so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
>Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
>she went on the show. Can anyone picture Sandra Bullock
>stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that?

Holy crap... Is this irony? I really hope you're trying to make some sort of
joke about Brooke Shields' character.

GILCHRIST MELISSA ROBIN

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
>From: "R.W. Rasband" <hsu...@freenet.mb.ca>
>Subject: Julia Roberts on "Friends"
>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 20:47:51 -0600

>Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
>so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
>Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
>she went on the show. Can anyone picture Sandra Bullock
>stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that?
>

> R.W. Rasband...@freenet.mb.ca
> Lisa Kennedy Montgomery forever!

Uh...yeah...hello? Julia Roberts didn't actually do that to Chandler...she
*played a character* who did that to Chandler. And no, I can't see Sandra
Bullock stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that because:
1) They undoubtedly did not go to fourth grade together.
2) He most likely has never lifted her skirt so the world could see her
"underpants".
3) Sandra Bullock and Matthew Perry are real people and don't have scripts
to follow when living day to day.

Candace Stevens

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96

>Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
>so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
>Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
>she went on the show. Can anyone picture Sandra Bullock
>stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that?

I totally agree. Poor Chandler. It's like, "Hello, Susie, this is the real
world calling. Please get on with your life." And Sandra Bullock couldn't
even *have* a part written for her in which she would do something like
that, because so far, IMHO, that's totally not something believable.
PS on the real life thing with Perry and Roberts, I think that should get
kicked to the curb and Bullock should step in as a knight in shining armor.
Too bad she already has a boyfriend, but you never know what the future will
bring.

Cat

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
Hamlet, Prince of the Danes <ham...@netcom.com> wrote:
><u...@acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure no one could act the way these
>people act. I always thought it was some sort of "secret video" type thing.
[...]
>Prince Hamlet

You're not Hamlet! You're Hamlet's Evil Twin Erica!

Cat ----------------------------------------- |\ _,,,--,,_ ,) ---------
c...@rumpleteazer.feline.org /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
Visit My Townhouse on the Internet At: |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
http://www.feline.org/feline/ --------------'---''(_/--' (_/-' -----F.Lee----

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
<u...@acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote:

>Please remember it's a television show and she was acting - I thought it
>was a great plot twist. It wasn't Julia Roberts being mean to Matthew
>Perry - it the character she was playing who got Chandler (the character).

Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure no one could act the way these
people act. I always thought it was some sort of "secret video" type thing.

Well, so much for that. I just hope they don't take that hidden camera
out of that emergency room that we get to visit every Thursday.

Prince Hamlet

ham...@netcom.com Hic et Ubique!

Homepage: http://www.webcom.com/~hamlet/welcome.html

u...@acs.ucalgary.ca

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96

> Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
> so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
> Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
> she went on the show. Can anyone picture Sandra Bullock
> stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that?
>

> R.W. Rasband...@freenet.mb.ca
> Lisa Kennedy Montgomery forever!

Please remember it's a television show and she was acting - I thought it
was a great plot twist. It wasn't Julia Roberts being mean to Matthew
Perry - it the character she was playing who got Chandler (the character).

Bill

--
Bill Hales
bha...@acs.ucalgary.ca

"She ain't pretty - she just looks that way"
The Northern Pikes

Michael Higby

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
As long as they're bringing back all these other old tv stars back, it seems
inevitable that Michael J. Fox should show up to confront both Lea Thompson
and Courtney Cox due to their previous associations (and for you pre-Gen X
millenial generation tykes out there, Courtney Cox played Michael J. Fox's
girlfriend on Family Ties, and Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)

It might even make a great wraparound episode where Caroline and Monica do
cross overs to each other's shows and Fox could play a guy who is playing both
of them.

Gosh - could I be a network tv executive now???

-----
Michael - MHi...@primenet.com
Join The BooZoo Comics Mailing List
E-mail me for more!
-----

Sue Bibeault

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
m-b...@students.uiuc.edu (Blaze) wrote:
>In article
><Pine.SOL.3.91.960129...@winnie.freenet.mb.ca>, "R.W.
>Rasband" <hsu...@freenet.mb.ca> wrote:
>
>> Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
>> so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
>> Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
>> she went on the show.
>

>I'm sorry - did you say "nice"? Lemme refresh your memory:
>
>Chandler: "Okay, Pure Evil -- horny and alone. I've done *this*."
>
>Chandler's funny, and he's a kick to be around, but the guy spends too
>much time trying to get laid than is good for him. :)
>
>Blaze -- m-b...@students.uiuc.edu

And what's so different from most single mid-twenties guys? I thought
guys his age were always trying to get laid? Isn't that their raison
d'etre? :) :) :)

Sue

Scott C Sepich

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
to Hamlet, Prince of the Danes
Hamlet, Prince of the Danes wrote:

> Michael Higby <MHi...@Primenet.com> wrote:
>
> >Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
> >years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)
>
> Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
> show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
> an altogether different animal.

Lea Thompson actually played Marty McFly's (Fox) girlfriend Jennifer in
the Back To The Future movies. She played his mother in 1955, if I
remember correctly.

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Scott Sepich
Northwestern University

Phillips & Lanahan

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
Cat,
I hope you take great offense at this... it is common knowledge
(well maybe not common but I know it... smile) that in the slang
of Shakepeare's day that he meant a whorehouse when he had Hamlet
say "get thee to a nunnery". Shame on you Prince Hamlet!

Kinnie

I'd hate to be there when the laughter stops!
ham...@netcom.com (Hamlet, Prince of the Danes) wrote:

>Cat <c...@va.pubnix.com> wrote:
>
>>You're not Hamlet! You're Hamlet's Evil Twin Erica!
>

>Get thee to a nunnery.

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96

David Thiel

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
In article <4enkit$5...@leol.net-link.net> Phillips & Lanahan <ka...@serv01.net-link.net> writes:

>Lea Thompson played Marty McFly's mother in all of the Back to
>the Future episodes. Elizabeth Shue played Jennifer in the first
>episode... not sure who did the subsequent ones...

Sigh...no, Elizabeth Shue was Jennifer in the last two films. A different
actress played her in the first film. Lea Thompson was Marty's mom in all
three films, and she also played one of Marty's ancestors. Lots of inbreeding
in the McFly family...

David Thiel / Champaign, Illinois
Internet: d-t...@uiuc.edu
WWW: http://www.prairienet.org/~drthiel/homepage.html

Phillips & Lanahan

Jenelle C. Dodds

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
Not to be too concerned with details, or to reveal how much I
know about Back to The Future movies but...Elizabeth Shue
played Jennifer in the second and third movies. After the first
one was such a big hit, they got a star to play Jennifer and
replaced the actress that played her in the first movie (I
don't know who she was, though).

Jenelle D.
--
jc...@virginia.edu
School Of Law

Craig Smith

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
ham...@netcom.com (Hamlet, Prince of the Danes) wrote:

> Michael Higby <MHi...@Primenet.com> wrote:
>
> >Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
> >years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)
>
> Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
> show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
> an altogether different animal.

And TWANS, if I remember correctly, played older sister Cissy. I
remember that Uncle Bill couldn't keep his eyes off her.

Craig
They eventually married, but Uncle Bill died leaving her a fortune

Diana

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
Scott C Sepich <be...@nwu.edu> sayeth..

>Lea Thompson actually played Marty McFly's (Fox) girlfriend Jennifer in
>the Back To The Future movies. She played his mother in 1955, if I
>remember correctly.

Actually, no. She played his mother in all incarnations and ages in all
three movies. Elisabeth Shue played the love interest.

-diana

di...@aol.com ca...@netcom.com
http://frostbite.umd.edu/~cass/

Cat

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
G. Tong <gt...@sirius.com> wrote:
>Julia is not aging well. Without movie budgets to find the right angle for
>her, she looked like a muppet in some scenes with her very big straight
>mouth.

Oh to age so poorly!

Unknown

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
I thought it was hilarious. I like Chandler as much as the next girl. He'll
find someone nice to be with. But until then . . . (SMILE!)
=========="R.W. Rasband", 1/29/96==========

Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason

Brad Allen

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
In <310F35...@nwu.edu> Scott C Sepich <be...@nwu.edu> writes:

>Hamlet, Prince of the Danes wrote:
>>
>> Michael Higby <MHi...@Primenet.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
>> >years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)
>>
>> Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
>> show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
>> an altogether different animal.

>Lea Thompson actually played Marty McFly's (Fox) girlfriend Jennifer in

>the Back To The Future movies. She played his mother in 1955, if I
>remember correctly.

No....she played his mother in 1985, and his mother in 1955. His
girlfriend was actually played by two different women, neither of them Lea
Thompson.

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
Michael Higby <MHi...@Primenet.com> wrote:

>Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
>years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)

Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
an altogether different animal.

Prince Hamlet

Stacy Ferguson

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
In article <uts-300196...@thea3.ffa.ucalgary.ca>,
>> Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
>> so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
>> Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
>> she went on the show. Can anyone picture Sandra Bullock

>Please remember it's a television show and she was acting - I thought it
>was a great plot twist. It wasn't Julia Roberts being mean to Matthew
>Perry - it the character she was playing who got Chandler (the character).

I think the poster may have gotten a little too into Brooke Shields'
character. You know, the one who couldn't distinguish TV from real life.
Maybe Julia Roberts shouldn't have played that hooker in "Pretty Woman",
as the audience might think she's a slut. Uh, bad example. Never mind.

Stacy

Cat

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
Phillips & Lanahan <ka...@serv01.net-link.net> wrote:
>Cat,
> I hope you take great offense at this... it is common knowledge
>(well maybe not common but I know it... smile) that in the slang
>of Shakepeare's day that he meant a whorehouse when he had Hamlet
>say "get thee to a nunnery". Shame on you Prince Hamlet!

Hey, at least he wasn't gawking Ophelia's nipples. Naaah, I
didn't take offense at it during the Shakespearean productions
and I must say, it kinda tripped me up to read it. Good
response, Mr. Let... or can we just call you Ham?

Cat

>>Cat <c...@va.pubnix.com> wrote:
>>>You're not Hamlet! You're Hamlet's Evil Twin Erica!
>>Get thee to a nunnery.
>>Prince Hamlet

Troy McClure

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96

On 31 Jan 1996, buzz. wrote:

> Was I the only one who was really bothered by the shape of Julia's top
> lip? Trivial, I know, but hey this is alt.*!
>
> buzz.

What about the heinous orangey color? I thought that was pretty bad, the
"bitches" from the show showed her up really well, but that's no surprise.

Dan

Lover of Kate and Music

Chris

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
In article <MHigby.233...@Primenet.com>, MHi...@Primenet.com
(Michael Higby) wrote:

> As long as they're bringing back all these other old tv stars back, it seems
> inevitable that Michael J. Fox should show up to confront both Lea Thompson
> and Courtney Cox due to their previous associations (and for you pre-Gen X
> millenial generation tykes out there, Courtney Cox played Michael J. Fox's

> girlfriend on Family Ties, and Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few

> years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)

The guy who played Phoebe's gay/straight husband looked amazingly like
Fox, don't you think? I seriously thought it was him when I first saw
him.

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
Cat <c...@va.pubnix.com> wrote:

>Phillips & Lanahan <ka...@serv01.net-link.net> wrote:

>> I hope you take great offense at this... it is common knowledge
>>(well maybe not common but I know it... smile) that in the slang
>>of Shakepeare's day that he meant a whorehouse when he had Hamlet
>>say "get thee to a nunnery". Shame on you Prince Hamlet!

It has a double-meaning. That's what makes Billy-boy so much fun to read.

>Hey, at least he wasn't gawking Ophelia's nipples. Naaah, I
>didn't take offense at it during the Shakespearean productions
>and I must say, it kinda tripped me up to read it. Good
>response, Mr. Let... or can we just call you Ham?

I'd never gawk. I'd give them one long, discreet look, then write a poem
about them.

Greg Zywicki

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960129...@winnie.freenet.mb.ca>,
"R.W. Rasband" <hsu...@freenet.mb.ca> wrote:
>Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
>so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
>Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
>she went on the show. Can anyone picture Sandra Bullock
>stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that?

Yeah! How could Julia write a part like that, and make sure all the other
writers allowed it, and get it past the producer, and all that! That was
horrible of her!

At least he got to do it with her in an elevator.

Greg Z

G. Tong

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960129...@winnie.freenet.mb.ca>
"R.W. Rasband" <hsu...@freenet.mb.ca> writes:

> >Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
> >so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
> >Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
> >she went on the show. Can anyone picture Sandra Bullock
> >stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that?

Julia is not aging well. Without movie budgets to find the right angle for

her, she looked like a muppet in some scenes with her very big straight
mouth.

--
G. Tong
gt...@sirius.com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."

John Taber

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Scott C Sepich wrote:

> Hamlet, Prince of the Danes wrote:
> >
> > Michael Higby <MHi...@Primenet.com> wrote:
> >

> > >Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
> > >years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future
movies.) > >

> > Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
> > show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
> > an altogether different animal.

That may be as well, I don't know.

> Lea Thompson actually played Marty McFly's (Fox) girlfriend Jennifer in
> the Back To The Future movies. She played his mother in 1955, if I
> remember correctly.

No, that's not quite right. She played Lorraine, Marty's mother, in 1955
(I and II), 1985 (all three), and 2015 (II only). She also played
another McFly in 1885 (with Fox as her husband) in Part III. (In II and
III, Fox played several McFlys.)

I don't know who played Jennifer in Part I, but Elisabeth Shue did in II
and III.

What I'd like to see is for Fox to play the same character on both
Friends and Caroline.

Brad Grossman

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
Michael Higby <MHi...@Primenet.com> wrote:
: As long as they're bringing back all these other old tv stars back, it seems
: inevitable that Michael J. Fox should show up to confront both Lea Thompson
: and Courtney Cox due to their previous associations (and for you pre-Gen X
: millenial generation tykes out there, Courtney Cox played Michael J. Fox's
: girlfriend on Family Ties, and Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
: years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)

: It might even make a great wraparound episode where Caroline and Monica do

: cross overs to each other's shows and Fox could play a guy who is playing both
: of them.

: Gosh - could I be a network tv executive now???

Maybe. I just heard that Michael J. Fox has been signed to do his OWN
sitcom for the fall!!! As was Pauly Shore...

buzz.

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96

Troy McClure

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Hamlet, Prince of the Danes wrote:

> Cat <c...@va.pubnix.com> wrote:
>
> >Phillips & Lanahan <ka...@serv01.net-link.net> wrote:
>
> >> I hope you take great offense at this... it is common knowledge
> >>(well maybe not common but I know it... smile) that in the slang
> >>of Shakepeare's day that he meant a whorehouse when he had Hamlet
> >>say "get thee to a nunnery". Shame on you Prince Hamlet!
>
> It has a double-meaning. That's what makes Billy-boy so much fun to read.
>
> >Hey, at least he wasn't gawking Ophelia's nipples. Naaah, I
> >didn't take offense at it during the Shakespearean productions
> >and I must say, it kinda tripped me up to read it. Good
> >response, Mr. Let... or can we just call you Ham?
>
> I'd never gawk. I'd give them one long, discreet look, then write a poem
> about them.

Shall I compare thy to a summers day?

Jeffrey Bitterling

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
In article <hamletDM...@netcom.com>
ham...@netcom.com (Hamlet, Prince of the Danes) writes:

>Michael Higby <MHi...@Primenet.com> wrote:
>
>>Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
>>years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)
>
>Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
>show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
>an altogether different animal.

Sorry Hamlet still wrong. The lovable little tykes, Jody and Buffy, were
actually dually protrayed by Patty Duke. During the first 3 seasons
of Family Affair they were referred to as cousins (not siblings) and Mr. French
was not the butler, but rather their older, but lovable, step-brother.

* JEFFREY BITTERLING CHECK OUT THE VALENTINE'S DAY PAGE WITH
* JLBI...@UKCC.UKY.EDU LINKS TO VARIOUS VALENTINES STUFF AT:
* UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY HTTP://WWW.KY.NET/VALENTINE
* COLLEGE OF MEDICINE

Mike Simone

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
Scott C Sepich (be...@nwu.edu) wrote:
:
: Lea Thompson actually played Marty McFly's (Fox) girlfriend Jennifer in
: the Back To The Future movies. She played his mother in 1955, if I
: remember correctly.

Well, you're almost right. Lea Thompson did not play Marty's girlfriend
in any of the movies (that was some random chick and then Elisabeth
Shue). Lea played his mother, in heavy makeup during the 1985 segments,
and as a teenager who had a crush on marty (her own son) in the 1955 segment.

** **
** "It could be none more black." **
** **
** Jarvis (or Mike Simone if you prefer) **
** jar...@hollywood.cinenet.net **
** **

TX Huney

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
<<No, they weren't. Johnny Whittaker and Anissa Jones were the "lovable
little
tykes" (Jody and Buffy, respectively). She died in her teens (was it
suicide?);
he's still alive, though I think he's out of the business.>>

Not a suicide, drug overdose.

Lee Weiser

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
In article <4eqan0$o...@ef2007.efhd.ford.com> Roger Reini <rre...@wwnet.com> writes:
>From: Roger Reini <rre...@wwnet.com>
>Subject: Re: When Will Michael J. Fox Show Up on Friends and Caroline?
>Date: 1 Feb 1996 12:12:16 GMT

>No, they weren't. Johnny Whittaker and Anissa Jones were the "lovable little
>tykes" (Jody and Buffy, respectively). She died in her teens (was it suicide?);
>he's still alive, though I think he's out of the business.

Jones died of an overdose back in about 1977 or 78, I believe. I saw Whitaker
on some sort of talk show about a year ago (one of those where are those tv
kids now? productions) and he mentioned smething about "finding religion" and
entered the ministry,

--Lee

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
Roger Reini <rre...@wwnet.com> wrote:

>No, they weren't. Johnny Whittaker and Anissa Jones were the "lovable little
>tykes" (Jody and Buffy, respectively). She died in her teens (was it suicide?);
>he's still alive, though I think he's out of the business.

No, no, you're thinking of the Double Mint twins.

Roger Reini

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
ham...@netcom.com (Hamlet, Prince of the Danes) wrote:
>Michael Higby <MHi...@Primenet.com> wrote:
>
>>Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
>>years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)
>
>Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
>show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
>an altogether different animal.

No, they weren't. Johnny Whittaker and Anissa Jones were the "lovable little

tykes" (Jody and Buffy, respectively). She died in her teens (was it suicide?);
he's still alive, though I think he's out of the business.

Roger (rre...@wwnet.com)
Standard disclaimer

Helix the Cat

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
GILCHRIST MELISSA ROBIN wrote:

> In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960129...@winnie.freenet.mb.ca> "R.W.
Rasband" <hsu...@freenet.mb.ca> writes:
> >From: "R.W. Rasband" <hsu...@freenet.mb.ca>
> >Subject: Julia Roberts on "Friends"
> >Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 20:47:51 -0600

> >Boy I really didn't like this. Chandler is a nice, funny guy,
> >so what she did seemed mean-spirited and unfair. I don't think
> >Roberts improved her image very much, if that was the reason
> >she went on the show. Can anyone picture Sandra Bullock
> >stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that?
> >

> > R.W. Rasband...@freenet.mb.ca
> > Lisa Kennedy Montgomery forever!
> >

> Uh...yeah...hello? Julia Roberts didn't actually do that to Chandler...she
> *played a character* who did that to Chandler. And no, I can't see Sandra
> Bullock stabbing Matthew Perry in the back like that because:
> 1) They undoubtedly did not go to fourth grade together.
> 2) He most likely has never lifted her skirt so the world could see her
> "underpants".
> 3) Sandra Bullock and Matthew Perry are real people and don't have scripts
> to follow when living day to day.

No kidding! I think this woman could make great friends with
Joey's stalker.

--- Helix

Candace Abel

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
>On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Hamlet, Prince of the Danes wrote:

>Shall I compare thy to a summers day?
>
>> Prince Hamlet
>>
>> --

Shall I compare "thee" to a summers day? (not thy)

Andrew Harris

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
I do not think it is a good idea to post story lines such as this one.
The reason being is that I was in the alt.tv.wings ng and David Lee one
of the producers was an active member to the group until we started
posting story ideas. He had to leave because of leagal reasons. If a
story idea was posted and then used in a episode it could get pretty ugly
(if you know what I mean). So use your own judgement. I am not trying
to preach. I just do not what to see anyone getting mad.

Peace,
Drew

On 30 Jan 1996, Michael Higby wrote:

> As long as they're bringing back all these other old tv stars back, it seems
> inevitable that Michael J. Fox should show up to confront both Lea Thompson
> and Courtney Cox due to their previous associations (and for you pre-Gen X
> millenial generation tykes out there, Courtney Cox played Michael J. Fox's

> girlfriend on Family Ties, and Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few

> years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)
>

> It might even make a great wraparound episode where Caroline and Monica do
> cross overs to each other's shows and Fox could play a guy who is playing both
> of them.
>
> Gosh - could I be a network tv executive now???
>

> -----
> Michael - MHi...@primenet.com
> Join The BooZoo Comics Mailing List
> E-mail me for more!
> -----

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
Brad Grossman <b...@primenet.com> wrote:

>Maybe. I just heard that Michael J. Fox has been signed to do his OWN
>sitcom for the fall!!! As was Pauly Shore...

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

E. Christian Scheele

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
In article <DM25u...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,
Jenelle C. Dodds <jc...@poe.acc.Virginia.EDU> wrote:
>Not to be too concerned with details, or to reveal how much I
>know about Back to The Future movies but...Elizabeth Shue
>played Jennifer in the second and third movies. After the first
>one was such a big hit, they got a star to play Jennifer and
>replaced the actress that played her in the first movie (I
>don't know who she was, though).

Claudia Wells played Jennifer in the first movie.

Ta,
Christian

E. Christian Scheele "Start out depressed, and everything's
jor...@teleport.com sort of a pleasant surprise."
-- Lloyd Dobler, "Say Anything"

Jim Woodside

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
|> >In article
|> ><Pine.SOL.3.91.960129...@winnie.freenet.mb.ca>, "R.W.

|> >Please remember it's a television show and she was acting - I thought it
|> >was a great plot twist. It wasn't Julia Roberts being mean to Matthew
|> >Perry - it the character she was playing who got Chandler (the character).
|>

|> I think the poster may have gotten a little too into Brooke Shields'
|> character. You know, the one who couldn't distinguish TV from real life.
|> Maybe Julia Roberts shouldn't have played that hooker in "Pretty Woman",
|> as the audience might think she's a slut. Uh, bad example. Never mind.

Speaking of Brook's part in the show, I thought she was great and really
funny. I was kinda surprised at this. Did anyone else think she did a
good job?

|> Stacy

Clarksville Street Department

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
Roger Reini (rre...@wwnet.com) wrote:

: ham...@netcom.com (Hamlet, Prince of the Danes) wrote:
: >Michael Higby <MHi...@Primenet.com> wrote:
: >
: >>Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
: >>years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)
: >
: >Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
: >show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
: >an altogether different animal.
: >

: No, they weren't. Johnny Whittaker and Anissa Jones were the "lovable little
: tykes" (Jody and Buffy, respectively). She died in her teens (was it suicide?);
: he's still alive, though I think he's out of the business.

A double DOH!!

: Roger (rre...@wwnet.com)
: Standard disclaimer

--

Joanna - striving everyday to be the person my dog thinks I am.---

Kevin Wong

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
Brad Grossman <b...@primenet.com> wrote:

>Maybe. I just heard that Michael J. Fox has been signed to do his OWN
>sitcom for the fall!!! As was Pauly Shore...
> ^^^^^^^^^^^
NONONONONONO!! What the h3ll are the networks thinking?!!! The man
(and I use that term very loosely) has no talent whatsoever, and his
"bud-dy" shtick gets old after 2 seconds.

If they EVER, EVER, give him a guest shot on Friends, I'll be forced to
go to Warner headquarters and beat the crap out of everybody.
--
Kevin Wong, Mechanical Engineering 9T6 won...@ecf.utoronto.ca
Web page: http://www.ecf.toronto.edu:80/~wongke

JCL...@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
In article <pdelgrosso-31...@pbs10407.pbs.org>

pdelg...@pbs.org (pHd) writes:

>> The guy who played Phoebe's gay/straight husband looked amazingly like
>> Fox, don't you think? I seriously thought it was him when I first saw
>> him.
>
>Pleeeeeease! The actor playing Phoebe's husband was way hotter than M.J.
>Fox could ever be.
>
>Fox is a has-been (who never really was all that to begin with). Fox has
>failed miserably in almost every movie project he's done, with the
>possible exception of BACK TO THE FUTURE (but who would want to have this
>project as one's greatest claim to fame?). "Family Ties" was a stupid
>show that can't even come close to "Friends" in terms of quality. Fox's
>talents are obviously limited and he should be sent back to Canada where
>he belongs.

"""I, for one thought that the actor playing Phoebe's husband did resemble
MJF but i don't see a reason that MJF needs to be bashed. It appears
that he isn't particularly liked by the previous poster and I would say
a lot of people agree. However the teenage yuppie fans of the early
80's loved this stuff. I for one, really had a {thing} for MJF and of
course i was in high school then--NOW a lot has changed and i don't think
he is a GREAT actor, he does have potential. I think he is funny--
and COULD be a great serious dramatic actor.

As for the previous poster--hey--lighten up on the guy will ya? :)

Jessica C.
GVL, FL

Brad Lips

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
pdelg...@pbs.org (pHd) wrote:

>Fox is a has-been (who never really was all that to begin with). Fox
has
>failed miserably in almost every movie project he's done, with the
>possible exception of BACK TO THE FUTURE (but who would want to have
>this project as one's greatest claim to fame?). "Family Ties" was a
stupid
>show that can't even come close to "Friends" in terms of quality.
Fox's
>talents are obviously limited and he should be sent back to Canada
where
>he belongs.

Wow. You *really* don't like MJ Fox huh? Reminds me of Mojo Nixon...

Michael J. Fox has NO Elvis in him! Michael J. Fox is the ANTI-ELVIS!

Jennifer 'got a little Elvis in me' D.
-----------------
My heart is made of gravy

Michael Higby

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
Roger Reini <rre...@wwnet.com> writes:

>No, they weren't. Johnny Whittaker and Anissa Jones were the "lovable little
>tykes" (Jody and Buffy, respectively). She died in her teens (was it suicide?);
>he's still alive, though I think he's out of the business.

Actually last I heard, he was in the computer business.

John

Feb 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/1/96
In article <MHigby.236...@Primenet.com>, MHi...@Primenet.com
(Michael Higby) wrote:

> Roger Reini <rre...@wwnet.com> writes:
>
> >No, they weren't. Johnny Whittaker and Anissa Jones were the "lovable little
> >tykes" (Jody and Buffy, respectively). She died in her teens (was it
suicide?);

If I remember right is was a drug overdose (herion).

> >he's still alive, though I think he's out of the business.
>
> Actually last I heard, he was in the computer business.

Johnny is working in a temp agency acording to one of the "Where are they
now..." things. I guess bad investments took all of the money he had from
Family Affair, Tom Sawyer and the Sid & Marty Krofft stuff.

--
- John
j...@primenet.com

Jackson Stephens

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
In article <4eqm79$k...@linus.mitre.org>, wood...@guitar.mitre.org (Jim
Woodside) wrote:

> Speaking of Brook's part in the show, I thought she was great and really
> funny. I was kinda surprised at this. Did anyone else think she did a
> good job?

Yeah, Brooke played gullible and clueless very well. For her sake I
hope that's not indicative of the *real* Shields.

Jaxy

+| Jackson Evan Stephens
+| Indianapolis, Indiana
+| (317) 578-8327 [evening]
+| Also: UT, sCA, FL, OH (22 houses and counting!)
+| Interests: e-guitar, Spanish, hiking, Transcendental Meditation,
+| biology, travel, Green Day, Greek history, Macintosh, _Seinfeld_,
+| _Friends_, _Party of Five_, _The X-Files_, _The Simpsons_

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
Candace Abel <de...@chow.mat.jhu.edu> wrote:

>>On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Hamlet, Prince of the Danes wrote:
>
>>Shall I compare thy to a summers day?
>>
>>> Prince Hamlet

I did not write this. Someone just mucked up the attribution. Honestly,
we need a tutorial on quoting around here.

>Shall I compare "thee" to a summers day? (not thy)

I know.

Jackson Stephens

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
In article <4erto9$5...@ixnews5.ix.netcom.com>, j.c.w.@ix.netcom.com (JC
Woodard ) wrote:

> my kids just got done watching some show called "before they were
> stars", starring that always annoying 'lil scottie baio. It was the
> most stupid show I've ever seen, baio must be a (equally annoying)
> bobbie saggot wanna-be. I enjoy mindless tv - very relaxing, but not
> insulting, stupid tv. baio should have never left Joanie Cunningham!!

Oh, I watched part of that, too. It *was* annoying. Talk about a stupid
show. Matt LeBlanc's Coca-Cola commercial was cool, though. Unfortunately
I only realized that the show was on ABC at 8:39, and I missed Jennifer's
spot. Rats! (That's the only reason I watched the dumb thing in the first
place.)

Jax

Glen Stosic

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96

Yes, the show is bad, but keep in mind that Tony Danza is an executive
producer -- have a little respect for the man and his TV projects,
however ill-conceived. The man is a sitcom legend, for Christ's sake!

John Saponaro

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
Forget Michael J. Fox on FRIENDS; when will Julia Louis-Dreyfuss show up
on THE SINGLE GUY?

David Howarth

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
In article <MHigby.236...@Primenet.com> MHi...@Primenet.com (Michael Higby) writes:
> Roger Reini <rre...@wwnet.com> writes:
>
>>No, they weren't. Johnny Whittaker and Anissa Jones were the "lovable little
>>tykes" (Jody and Buffy, respectively). She died in her teens (was it suicide?);
>>he's still alive, though I think he's out of the business.
>
>Actually last I heard, he was in the computer business.
>

>-----
>Michael - MHi...@primenet.com
>Join The BooZoo Comics Mailing List
>E-mail me for more!
>-----

I do know that he is a Mormom and lives in either Salk Lake or Provo(home
of BYU). But thats all I know about him. He still looks like little Jody.

David

--
David
email dav...@anasazi.com

Deborah Katz

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
wood...@guitar.mitre.org (Jim Woodside) wrote:
>In article <DM1u6...@midway.uchicago.edu>, sfer...@ellis.uchicago.edu (Stacy Ferguson) writes:

>|> I think the poster may have gotten a little too into Brooke Shields'
>|> character. You know, the one who couldn't distinguish TV from real life.
>|> Maybe Julia Roberts shouldn't have played that hooker in "Pretty Woman",
>|> as the audience might think she's a slut. Uh, bad example. Never mind.
>
>Speaking of Brook's part in the show, I thought she was great and really
>funny. I was kinda surprised at this. Did anyone else think she did a
>good job?

I too was pleasantly surprised. After seeing Brook in such Academy Award
winners as Blue Lagoon, I really dismissed her acting talents but I'm
willing to give her the benefit of the doubt after seeing her on Friends.
Maybe she and Andre will get their own sitcom!

Debbie

Le Chevalier

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
>Shall I compare thy to a summers day?

Shall I compare "thee" to a "summer's" day. Sorry, I feel picky today.

Don Weinman

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
Jim Woodside wrote:

> Speaking of Brook's part in the show, I thought she was great and really
> funny. I was kinda surprised at this. Did anyone else think she did a
> good job?

Yes, but I am not surprised in the least. Brooke Shields is a fine,
intelligent actess, in the same class potentially as Jody Foster.

It is our loss that she has chosen not to pursue her career.

DPW

Josh Forman

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
Joey was in a heinz commercial i think. He's the one that put the ketchup
on the roof of a skyscraper and WALKED down to the sidewalk and bought a
hot dog.

Is that him?

--
"My friend can't talk. He's deaf and dumb, but he's smart."
-Tom Cullen, Laws, yes. M-O-O-N, that's spells Tom Cullen

<mailto:Josh Forman jfo...@lynx.neu.edu>
<http://lynx.neu.edu:8000/~jforman>
<finger://jfo...@lynx.neu.edu>
>Newsgroup Posting<

u...@acs.ucalgary.ca

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96

jc...@poe.acc.Virginia.EDU (Jenelle C. Dodds) wrote:

> Not to be too concerned with details, or to reveal how much I
> know about Back to The Future movies but...Elizabeth Shue
> played Jennifer in the second and third movies. After the first
> one was such a big hit, they got a star to play Jennifer and
> replaced the actress that played her in the first movie (I
> don't know who she was, though).
>

> Jenelle D.
> --
> jc...@virginia.edu
> School Of Law
> University of Virginia
> --

The actor was Claudia Wells.

Bill

--
Bill Hales
bha...@acs.ucalgary.ca

"She ain't pretty - she just looks that way"
The Northern Pikes

Gregory Kam

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
In article <4enkit$5...@leol.net-link.net>,
Phillips & Lanahan <ka...@serv01.net-link.net> wrote:
>Lea Thompson played Marty McFly's mother in all of the Back to
>the Future episodes. Elizabeth Shue played Jennifer in the first
>episode... not sure who did the subsequent ones...
>
>Kinnie

Argh! No!

YES, Lea Thompson played Marty McFly (Fox's character) mother in all
incarnations of the Back to the Future films, but Elizabeth Shue only
took over the role of Marty's girlfriend, Jennifer, in the two sequels.

The actress who played Jennifer in the original Back to the Future was,
I believe, Claudia Wells.

I'm not sure why Claudia wasn't chosen to continue her role in the other
films, but RUMOUR has it that she was in trouble with drugs, but granted
that was only a rumour.

Greg

ATM Hardware Group
Newbridge Networks Corp.
Opinions expressed do not reflect those of Newbridge Networks Corporation

ssc...@eagle.wesleyan.edu

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
In article <4eqm79$k...@linus.mitre.org>, wood...@guitar.mitre.org (Jim Woodsid
e) writes:

Stacy writes

> Speaking of Brook's part in the show, I thought she was great and really
> funny. I was kinda surprised at this. Did anyone else think she did a
> good job?

I was surprised to see her act this well. She was very funny and I think
better than Julia Roberts.

Sandy

> |> Stacy

Ben Lauter

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
Shut the hell up about Michael J. Fox! I happen to like the man and think
he's DAMN funny. I'm so sick of comments like he's unattractive or he's
short or all this crap. It seems the only reason he gets denied roles IS
because he is a short guy who has a youthful appearance. I sort of look
like him and know how it feels to have people tell you look like a kid etc.
etc. You people are judging him by the look of atv show where everyone is
like in the GQ style. That's what so screwed up about this world. It's
people who have to insult others because of looks. MJF seems like a really
nice person even if he hasn't had that much movie success. Don't alienate
him because he's not a pretty boy.

Well, at least Michael J. Fox will look about 37 when he's 50 or so while
you all will be complaining about YOUR looks ha ha!! Try not to be so
cruel. Danny DeVito once had people telling himhe was ugly and would never
be an actor because of his height. Why don't you phonies get a clue!!!
What movies have YOU succeeded in?
Ben

Rick Eames

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
In article <4et4ml$i...@darius.nas.edu>, Deborah Katz <dk...@nas.edu> wrote:

>I too was pleasantly surprised. After seeing Brook in such Academy Award
>winners as Blue Lagoon, I really dismissed her acting talents but I'm
>willing to give her the benefit of the doubt after seeing her on Friends.
>Maybe she and Andre will get their own sitcom!
>
>Debbie

I gained respect for her when she did a Quantum Leap episode. She was
_fantastic_. Blew me away.

Rick

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
Andrew Harris <ah2...@conrad.appstate.edu> wrote:

>I do not think it is a good idea to post story lines such as this one.
>The reason being is that I was in the alt.tv.wings ng and David Lee one
>of the producers was an active member to the group until we started

>posting story ideas. He had to leave because of legal reasons.

Too late. The programming wizards have already snapped up these ideas.
Michael J. Fox has been approached to make a duel guest shot next May on
BOTH Fiends and Caroline. He'll play Dennis, a deranged drifter who
takes a liking to Courtney Cox's character. His advances become so
disturbing that she flees to her friend Caroline's apartment to hide
out. Dennis follows and terroizes both ladies, before being subdued by a
falling Pez dispenser -- there's talk of a Seinfeld crossover as well.

The episode is supposed to be both light-hearted and informative, warning
all of the dangers of deranged loners in coffee shops.

JC Woodard

Candace Abel

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
ham...@netcom.com (Hamlet, Prince of the Danes) wrote:
>Candace Abel <de...@chow.mat.jhu.edu> wrote:
>
>>>On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Hamlet, Prince of the Danes wrote:
>>
>>>Shall I compare thy to a summers day?

>I did not write this. Someone just mucked up the attribution. Honestly,
>we need a tutorial on quoting around here.
>
>>Shall I compare "thee" to a summers day? (not thy)
>
>I know.
>
>Prince Hamlet
>
>--

Dear Prince, please accept my apologies. As a theatre major and lover of
Shakespeare I hate to hear him misquoted.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't get stoned.

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
<u...@acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote:

>The actor was Claudia Wells.

So, whatever happened to her?

Christopher J. Burke

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
u...@acs.ucalgary.ca wrote:
> In article <DM25u...@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,
> jc...@poe.acc.Virginia.EDU (Jenelle C. Dodds) wrote:
> > know about Back to The Future movies but...Elizabeth Shue
> > played Jennifer in the second and third movies. After the first
> > one was such a big hit, they got a star to play Jennifer and

As much as I was in love with Elizabeth Shue, I wouldn't exactly call her
a "star", at least not then. And she hardly appeared in the third film.
However, there was a good reason that she appeared in both -- the two
movies were filmed at the same time.

C. J. Burke

Anne E. Skove

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
David Thiel (d-t...@uiuc.edu) wrote: : In article
<4enkit$5...@leol.net-link.net> Phillips & Lanahan
<ka...@serv01.net-link.net> writes:

: >Lea Thompson played Marty McFly's mother in all of the Back to
: >the Future episodes. Elizabeth Shue played Jennifer in the first

: >episode... not sure who did the subsequent ones...

: Sigh...no, Elizabeth Shue was Jennifer in the last two films. A different
: actress played her in the first film. Lea Thompson was Marty's mom in all
: three films, and she also played one of Marty's ancestors. Lots of inbreeding
: in the McFly family...

Yeah, but MJF played his own father & ancestors (part of the time), so you
could say Lea was his girlfriend/wife.

My, the Freudian implications of those films are staggering!

aes
"Your mind plays tricks on you---you play tricks back!"

: David Thiel / Champaign, Illinois
: Internet: d-t...@uiuc.edu
: WWW: http://www.prairienet.org/~drthiel/homepage.html

The Mackoid

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
*** Quoting Cat from a message to All ***

Ca> it was some sort of "secret video" type thing. [...] >Prince Ham

Ca> You're not Hamlet! You're Hamlet's Evil Twin Erica!

Could you please make these personal replies? Thanks! :)

Steve Fine

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
ham...@netcom.com (Hamlet, Prince of the Danes) wrote:

>Lea Thompson <who I believe is actually a few
>>years younger than Fox> played his mother in the Back To The Future movies.)

>Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
>show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
>an altogether different animal.

>Prince Hamlet

I can't pass this one up. Family Affair aired in the late 1960's, and I watched it and
hated it then. One of the two "kids" died in the 70's of a drug overdose. That would make
Back to the Future a true life zombie movie. Hamlet, get thee to a nunnery to study
history.

Be seeing you. Steve Fine.

Jackson Stephens

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96

Ain't sarcasm great?

Steve Saunders

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
I'll tell you what a joke this was... I mean here it is Thursday nights
the biggest night in television and what does the other network put
up... Scott Baio "Mr. Ten Years Ago". I was waiting for Joanie to walk
on... Acually I missed the part I wanted to see... Does anyone know
what clips they showed of Michelle Pfieffer?

Bye,
Steve

Phillips & Lanahan

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but did it bother
anyone else that Julia/Susie was barefoot in a public restroom?

Kinnie

Timberize

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
Johnny W was recently interviewed. If care to log onto AOL, check keyword
Rogue and then hunt around in the archives area of "television."

Judith Rogow

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
In article <hamletDM...@netcom.com>, ham...@netcom.com says...

>Roger Reini <rre...@wwnet.com> wrote:
>
>>No, they weren't. Johnny Whittaker and Anissa Jones were the "lovable
little

>>tykes" (Jody and Buffy, respectively). She died in her teens (was it
suicide?);
>>he's still alive, though I think he's out of the business.
>
>No, no, you're thinking of the Double Mint twins.

Which one, the blonde, or the red-head?

pau...@ix.netcom.com

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
Bonnie Jo Noonan <bno...@tiger1.ocs.lsu.edu> wrote:

>On 3 Feb 1996, Phillips & Lanahan wrote:

>> I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but did it bother
>> anyone else that Julia/Susie was barefoot in a public restroom?

>...and those red, red toenails.

...and I thought her feet were not attractive at all - kinda
puffy-like.

Don Weinman

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
Phillips & Lanahan wrote:

> I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but did it bother
> anyone else that Julia/Susie was barefoot in a public restroom?
>
> Kinnie

I was more concerned with fantasizing about her underwear.

DPW

Bonnie Jo Noonan

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96

On 3 Feb 1996, Phillips & Lanahan wrote:

> I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but did it bother
> anyone else that Julia/Susie was barefoot in a public restroom?

...and those red, red toenails.

ebax

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96
This was mentioned last year (by me as a matter of fact), but I thought that Fox
should appear as Phebs' brother. He could either be slightly off center like
Phebs, or play just the opposite (like he was when he played Alex).
____
ebax

Barbara MacRae

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96
In article <4evo1u$f...@leol.net-link.net> Phillips & Lanahan <ka...@serv01.net-link.net> writes:
>I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but did it bother
>anyone else that Julia/Susie was barefoot in a public restroom?

YES!!! I had to go and wash my feet after that scene. Eeeeyugh.

-Barb

Anne E. Skove

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96
JC Woodard (j.c.w.@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: my kids just got done watching some show called "before they were

: Rex

Rex,
I beg to differ! This "insulting, stupid tv" is the perfect way
to come down off the week. Yep, it's TV worth watching, alright!
Although, it would be much better (as would alumni newsletters) if they'd
tell the tales of horror---for instance, telling us about has-beens who
die penniless, or what doltish show Scott Baio is hosting nowadays.

Wendy Allen

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96

Please, don't everybody think that this guy is a good representation of the
people at the University of Rochester, I do not know why Ben is so bitter,
but most people here disagree with people a little more politely.

Wendy
wa0...@uhura.cc.rochester.edu

John Saponaro

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96
j.c.w.@ix.netcom.com (JC Woodard ) wrote:
>my kids just got done watching some show called "before they were
>stars", starring that always annoying 'lil scottie baio. It was the
>most stupid show I've ever seen, baio must be a (equally annoying)
>bobbie saggot wanna-be. I enjoy mindless tv - very relaxing, but not
>insulting, stupid tv. baio should have never left Joanie Cunningham!!
>
>Rex

I can't believe he quit DIAGNOSIS MURDER for this.

Stacy Ferguson

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96
In article <1996Feb...@eagle.wesleyan.edu>,

<ssc...@eagle.wesleyan.edu> wrote:
>In article <4eqm79$k...@linus.mitre.org>, wood...@guitar.mitre.org (Jim Woodsid
>e) writes:
>
>Stacy writes
>
>> Speaking of Brook's part in the show, I thought she was great and really
>> funny. I was kinda surprised at this. Did anyone else think she did a
>> good job?

Actually, it wasn't me who wrote that part. Believe me, I would
NEVER have written those words :)

Stacy

Bonnie Jo Noonan

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96

On Sat, 3 Feb 1996 pau...@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> ...and I thought her feet were not attractive at all - kinda

> puffy-like...

...not to mention flat...

Jeanne Marie Mirabella

Feb 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/5/96
Scott C Sepich <be...@nwu.edu> writes:

>> Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
>> show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
>> an altogether different animal.

>Lea Thompson actually played Marty McFly's (Fox) girlfriend Jennifer in
>the Back To The Future movies. She played his mother in 1955, if I
>remember correctly.

Actually, Lea played his mother in the present, and when he went "back",
she was younger and "liked" him. His presence almost kept his parents
from falling for each other. While Lea was Marty's age for much of the
movie, it's because he spent the movie in the 50,s when his mother was
his age.

Jennifer was someone else entirely!

Jeanne

Jeff Runner

Feb 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/5/96
In article <1996Feb4.0...@galileo.cc.rochester.edu>,

hey, i'm from the university of rochester and i'm exactly like
ben. :-)

jeff

--
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
Jeff Runner jr...@picard.cc.rochester.edu

Clarksville Street Department

Feb 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/5/96
The Mackoid (The.M...@251.station1.planetc.com) wrote:
: *** Quoting Cat from a message to All ***

: Ca> it was some sort of "secret video" type thing. [...] >Prince Ham

: Ca> You're not Hamlet! You're Hamlet's Evil Twin Erica!

: Could you please make these personal replies? Thanks! :)

A newbie!!!

--

Joanna - striving everyday to be the person my dog thinks I am.---

Wendy Allen

Feb 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/5/96

>jeff

I have nothing against ben, or even what he says, but *you* disagreed with
me in your post and was very polite about it (even a smiley face) so you
help to prove my point.:)
BTW, I have nothing against ben, just the way he delivers some of his ideas.
no offense intended:)

wendy

Elayne Wechsler-Chaput

Feb 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/5/96
Anne E. Skove (ask...@liberty.uc.wlu.edu) wrote:

: I beg to differ! This "insulting, stupid tv" is the perfect way

: to come down off the week. Yep, it's TV worth watching, alright!

I dunno, Anne. I can sit through a lot of insipid TV in the right frame
of mind, but the fakey-fakey factor on this one was structured worse than
a Dick Clark special. I had it on as background when I was eating; next
time I'll opt for radio.

- Elayne
--
E-Mail me, the "Firehead Head," for more info about the official ()~~
Firesign Theatre newsletter, Four-Alarm FIRESIGNal, available via ##

Pete Brennan

Feb 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/5/96
>: Sigh...no, Elizabeth Shue was Jennifer in the last two films. A different
>: actress played her in the first film. Lea Thompson was Marty's mom in all
>: three films, and she also played one of Marty's ancestors. ...
>: in the McFly family...

Claudia Wells played Jennifer Parker in the original Back to the Future.
A year later she was in the TV series "Fast Times".

Pete
--
pe...@gateway.grumman.com - Internet Movie Database Team - TV info coordinator
5 sites: 2 USA: (East) http://www.msstate.edu/Movies/

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Feb 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/5/96
The Mackoid <The.M...@251.station1.planetc.com> wrote:

>*** Quoting Cat from a message to All ***
>
>Ca> it was some sort of "secret video" type thing. [...] >Prince Ham
>
>Ca> You're not Hamlet! You're Hamlet's Evil Twin Erica!
>
>Could you please make these personal replies? Thanks! :)

This is a personal reply.

Prince Hamlet

ham...@netcom.com Hic et Ubique!

Homepage: http://www.webcom.com/~hamlet/welcome.html

Hamlet, Prince of the Danes

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
Karl Erikson <keri...@connect.net> wrote:

>This is totally incorrect. Johnny Whittaker played the little boy and
>I'm not sure who played the girl, but it was definitely *not* Lea Thompson.

I hate to quibble, but I was an extra on that show and remember Michael
very well. I didn't get along with Lea quite as well, but since then,
we've put our differences aside and were even married for a few years back
in the '80s, one of those "Lyle and Julia" kind of things, you know.

Prince Hamlet
moping around the castle...

Karl Erikson

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
[edit]

>Incorrect! Fox and Thompson were the lovable little tykes in the old TV
>show Family Affair -- not to be mistaken with A Current Affair, which is
>an altogether different animal.
>
>Prince Hamlet

This is totally incorrect. Johnny Whittaker played the little boy and
I'm not sure who played the girl, but it was definitely *not* Lea Thompson.

=== Karl Erikson keri...@connect.net ==============
==="Nobody Special: http://www.connect.net/kerikson ===
=== An Unauthorized Autobiography" ====================================

ra...@joesbar.cc.vt.edu

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
JC Woodard (j.c.w.@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: my kids just got done watching some show called "before they were
: stars", starring that always annoying 'lil scottie baio. It was the
: most stupid show I've ever seen, baio must be a (equally annoying)
: bobbie saggot wanna-be. I enjoy mindless tv - very relaxing, but not
: insulting, stupid tv. baio should have never left Joanie Cunningham!!

My problem with "Before They Were Stars" is that most of the people shown
aren't what I would consider stars and never were. Yes, a few might
qualify as minor stars, and I think about three are no question, but
the rest?

I was hoping to see stuff like Dustin Hoffman's Volkswagen commercial,
or Dr. Joyce Brother's appearance on "You Bet Your Life" when she was
a grad student . . . Now that stuff would be interesting.

* Bill Ranck +1-540-231-3951 ra...@vt.edu *
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Computing Center *

It is loading more messages.