Today's premieres and other notes (Wednesday, May 30)

Robin Miller

May 30, 2018, 3:04:45 PM5/30/18

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (final season 4, part 1) (3:01
am, Netflix)

Season 4 will be split into two parts, with six episodes streaming today
and the remaining episodes arriving later in 2018. Guests this season
include Greg Kinnear, Bobby Moynihan, Aidy Bryant, and Jon Hamm.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/unbreakable-kimmy-schmidt/season-4

https://www.netflix.com/title/80025384

Dallas & Robo [new] (YouTube Premium, formerly YouTube Red)

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2018/05/introducing-youtube-premium.html

Famous In Love (season 2 finale) (8 pm, Freeform)

American Ninja Warrior (season 10 premiere) (8 pm, NBC)

MasterChef (season 9 premiere) (8-10 pm, Fox)

Black Ink Crew: Chicago (season 4 premiere) (8 pm, VH1)

Code Black (special time) (9 and 10 pm, two episodes, CBS)

Man Fire Food (season 7 premiere) (9 pm, Cooking Channel)

Jodie Foster: Stalked (special) (9 pm, Reelz)

Reverie [new] (10 pm, NBC)

Former hostage negotiator Mara Kint (Sarah Shahi) is asked by her former
boss (Dennis Haysbert) to help save people who have become lost within
the virtual reality system created by the company he now works for in
this sci-fi series created by Mickey Fisher (Extant). Kathryn Morris,
Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes, Covert Affairs) and Jessica Lu (Awkward)
also star

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6461746/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverie_(TV_series)

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/reverie [Metacritic score 40]

https://www.nbc.com/reverie

The Americans (season 6 and series finale) (10 pm, FX)

Ice (season 2 finale) (10 pm, DirecTV Audience Channel)

Queen Sugar (timeslot premiere) (10 pm, OWN)

Six (timeslot premiere) (10 pm, History Channel)

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Jimmy Kimmel Life: Game Night (special) (8-8:30 pm, ABC)

Part of the lead-up to the first game of the NBA Finals starting at 9 pm.

Flip or Flop (season 7 spring premiere) (9 pm, HGTV)

Nobodies (season 2 finale) (10 and 10:30 pm, two
episodes, TV Land)

--Robin

Ian J. Ball

May 30, 2018, 3:09:36 PM5/30/18
On 2018-05-30 19:04:29 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> Famous In Love (season 2 finale) (8 pm, Freeform)

Again: probable series finale, IMO.

> Code Black (special time) (9 and 10 pm, two episodes, CBS)

Set to record.

> Reverie [new] (10 pm, NBC)
>
> Former hostage negotiator Mara Kint (Sarah Shahi) is asked by her
> former boss (Dennis Haysbert) to help save people who have become lost
> within the virtual reality system created by the company he now works
> for in this sci-fi series created by Mickey Fisher (Extant). Kathryn
> Morris, Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes, Covert Affairs) and Jessica Lu
> (Awkward) also star

Will sample. (But I'm not expecting it to be good...)

> Six (timeslot premiere) (10 pm, History Channel)

Likely a pass - not sure when I'll get to ep. #2.1, but I'd bet it
won't be before this weekend...

> Tomorrow's advance notes:
>
> [snip]
>
> --Robin

Wow - tomorrow is *really* bad!! :|

Ian (Thank Gawd there are still a couple more "Imposters" epies!)

anim8rfsk

May 30, 2018, 3:23:48 PM5/30/18
In article <fn8au9...@mid.individual.net>,
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Reverie [new] (10 pm, NBC)
>
> Former hostage negotiator Mara Kint (Sarah Shahi) is asked by her former
> boss (Dennis Haysbert) to help save people who have become lost within
> the virtual reality system created by the company he now works for in
> this sci-fi series created by Mickey Fisher (Extant). Kathryn Morris,
> Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes, Covert Affairs) and Jessica Lu (Awkward)
> also star
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6461746/
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverie_(TV_series)
>
> http://www.metacritic.com/tv/reverie [Metacritic score 40]
>
> https://www.nbc.com/reverie

Set to record

> Six (timeslot premiere) (10 pm, History Channel)

Set to record

> Tomorrow's advance notes:

Nothing new,> --Robin
?

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ian J. Ball

May 30, 2018, 3:42:10 PM5/30/18
On 2018-05-30 19:23:41 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> In article <fn8au9...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Reverie [new] (10 pm, NBC)
>>
>> Former hostage negotiator Mara Kint (Sarah Shahi) is asked by her former
>> boss (Dennis Haysbert) to help save people who have become lost within
>> the virtual reality system created by the company he now works for in
>> this sci-fi series created by Mickey Fisher (Extant). Kathryn Morris,
>> Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes, Covert Affairs) and Jessica Lu (Awkward)
>> also star
>
> Set to record
>
>> Six (timeslot premiere) (10 pm, History Channel)
>
> Set to record

You're so *easy*!... :p

Dimensional Traveler

May 30, 2018, 3:56:01 PM5/30/18
On 5/30/2018 12:09 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2018-05-30 19:04:29 +0000, Robin Miller said:
>
>> Reverie        [new]           (10 pm, NBC)
>>
>> Former hostage negotiator Mara Kint (Sarah Shahi) is asked by her
>> former boss (Dennis Haysbert) to help save people who have become lost
>> within the virtual reality system created by the company he now works
>> for in this sci-fi series created by Mickey Fisher (Extant). Kathryn
>> Morris, Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes, Covert Affairs) and Jessica Lu
>> (Awkward) also star
>
> Will sample. (But I'm not expecting it to be good...)

Its a summer show about VR. What about that premise leads you to expect
"good"? :P

instinct are running screaming.

anim8rfsk

May 30, 2018, 5:05:50 PM5/30/18
In article <pemvkf$gia$2...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 5/30/2018 12:09 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> > On 2018-05-30 19:04:29 +0000, Robin Miller said:
> >
> >> Reverie        [new]           (10 pm, NBC)
> >>
> >> Former hostage negotiator Mara Kint (Sarah Shahi) is asked by her
> >> former boss (Dennis Haysbert) to help save people who have become lost
> >> within the virtual reality system created by the company he now works
> >> for in this sci-fi series created by Mickey Fisher (Extant). Kathryn
> >> Morris, Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes, Covert Affairs) and Jessica Lu
> >> (Awkward) also star
> >
> > Will sample. (But I'm not expecting it to be good...)
> >
> Its a summer show about VR. What about that premise leads you to expect
> "good"? :P

At least the lead actress is non-white, as well as diverse.

anim8rfsk

May 30, 2018, 5:07:00 PM5/30/18
In article <pemuqf$gpv$2...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2018-05-30 19:23:41 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > In article <fn8au9...@mid.individual.net>,
> > Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Reverie [new] (10 pm, NBC)
> >>
> >> Former hostage negotiator Mara Kint (Sarah Shahi) is asked by her former
> >> boss (Dennis Haysbert) to help save people who have become lost within
> >> the virtual reality system created by the company he now works for in
> >> this sci-fi series created by Mickey Fisher (Extant). Kathryn Morris,
> >> Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes, Covert Affairs) and Jessica Lu (Awkward)
> >> also star
> >
> > Set to record
> >
> >> Six (timeslot premiere) (10 pm, History Channel)
> >
> > Set to record
>
> You're so *easy*!... :p

"As easy as Sabrina Duncan"

Dimensional Traveler

May 30, 2018, 5:30:32 PM5/30/18
I suddenly don't want to know who Sabrina Duncan is....

Dimensional Traveler

May 30, 2018, 5:31:05 PM5/30/18
On 5/30/2018 2:05 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <pemvkf$gia$2...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> Will sample. (But I'm not expecting it to be good...)
>>>
>> Its a summer show about VR. What about that premise leads you to expect
>> "good"? :P
>
> At least the lead actress is non-white, as well as diverse.

But you repeat yourself.

anim8rfsk

May 30, 2018, 8:39:45 PM5/30/18
In article <pen55l$rog$1...@dont-email.me>,
Kate Jackson's role on Charlie's Angels. On last night's ME-TV very
special showing of the very firstest ever episode (which was actually ep
3) she was smooching a guy she just met within 90 seconds of him
introducing himself ...

Adam H. Kerman

May 30, 2018, 8:44:25 PM5/30/18
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>On 5/30/2018 2:05 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> In article <pemvkf$gia$2...@dont-email.me>,
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>[new]           (10 pm, NBC)

>>> Its a summer show about VR. What about that premise leads you to expect
>>> "good"? :P
>>
>> At least the lead actress is non-white, as well as diverse.
>>
>But you repeat yourself.

There's no diversity on NBC.

Adam H. Kerman

May 30, 2018, 8:45:14 PM5/30/18
The smart one!

suzeeq

May 30, 2018, 9:25:29 PM5/30/18
Well it WAS the 70s!

anim8rfsk

May 30, 2018, 10:31:00 PM5/30/18
In article <peniu6$6bu$1...@news.albasani.net>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
wrote:
And he did turn out to be Evol, and she did tearfully betray him
(despite having no evidence that wouldn't get you laughed out of court)
and then Farrah did stove his head in with an oar ...

Dimensional Traveler

May 30, 2018, 11:38:51 PM5/30/18
On 5/30/2018 5:44 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>> On 5/30/2018 2:05 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>> [new]           (10 pm, NBC)

>>> At least the lead actress is non-white, as well as diverse.
>>>
>> But you repeat yourself.
>
> There's no diversity on NBC.

Their diversity is so diversely spread it all starts to look the same.